homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 17)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Yo, Ugly!" is not a polite way to get someone's attention.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ionising air filters do not produce as much ozone as an actual ozone unit and so are safe enough, but they do not do as thorough a job as HEPA filter systems at cleaning a room's atmosphere.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pheremones might make one a bit horny.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A bi-thorny plant would have thorns that grow in sets of two.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Soft women, foolish slaves, and generally inferior people were, according to the Roman writer Celsus, easily persuaded into Christianity, that abhorrent sect.

--------------------
Pondering.

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rent Section 8 housing if you're desparate for somewhere to live.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where to live after retirement can be a dilemma for a lot of folks.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Folk songs played by Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention are among my favorites.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rites of Passage are being considered as possible ways to help teenagers to keep the faith.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Hefa, I think, is a port in Israel.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Tin is Raelyn's investment tip of the month.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Hem on the docent costume is almost finished.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is he done with the sewing?
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"These wings don't fit" complained the child playing the part of Gabriel in the school nativity play.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Lay all the costumes out on the table over there and I'll sort them out in a minute" said the harassed wardrobe assistant.

[ 25. March 2014, 07:45: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Assist Ant to get back to the theatre where he is appearing with Dec," requested the Assistant Producer

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rod Ucer got very annoyed that everyone kept spelling his surname 'Ulcer'.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Certain people round here have very cute and appealing avatars.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tar spread over the hull of the Ship keeps it nice and watertight.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Tar seems to be a sticky substance. Doh!

Tights are useful to keep legs warm.

[ 25. March 2014, 17:57: Message edited by: Raptor Eye ]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Arms are useful appendages", said Zaphod, "I am glad to have three".

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Reef knots are very handy on a boat.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nab oatcakes before Greedy Guts comes along, or they will be all gone!

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"One does love a traditional oatcake"' said the Queen.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Que?' Englishman Frank was out of his depth when trying to converse abroad.

--------------------

Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Verse a bro' advised, in fraternally poetic spirit, 'If your brother's in too deep, he should maybe get some sleep'.
Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

"Beget some sleepy offspring" said Father Sloth to his sons.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

To hiss on susurration being heard is somewhat superfluous.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Superflu ousts common 'flu in the seriousness stakes.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ta Kes", said Neelix to the woman he thought was the love of his life as she left the starship Voyageur, which frankly we thought was a ridiculous plot device to get a new character with a large bosom.

[ 29. March 2014, 15:06: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"O! Someday, may we meet again, Kes?" Neelix wailed.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I led Mary through the meditation garden to the labyrinth.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In theory, of a sort, all roads lead to Rome.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

"Om" excites the yoga afficianados, but bothers me with its pseudo-religiousity cum philosophy, particularly when they burn candles, bang gongs and chant in Sanskrit.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Rituals such as lighting candles, banging gongs and the like are used in a variety of contexts.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Con texts: don't send them while you're driving.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Red riving knives were used to separate the meat from the bones.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Onesimus is a key figure in Paul's letter to Philemon.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Lemon (a slice of) is an essential element of a perfect GIN and tonic.

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On ice, lemon makes tonic and good gin taste too sweet; a proper connoisseur understands that the garnish is a lime.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
His alimentary appreciation seems to be in perfect working order.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

King ordered a gin and tonic with a slice of mango and suggested to detractors that they could bang a gong.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Ban gag on God talk' read the headline on the flyer.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fly Erimites - the airline for the travelling hermit!

--------------------

alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erm, it can be really difficult playing this game.

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

American friends might spell words differently.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Rent lycra and other tears to clothing are just one of the hazards on the Tour de France

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

DEFRA 'n central government agencies of its ilk sometimes seem to have departed from what is happening on the ground when setting policy.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Icy winds are still sweeping the Canadian tundra even at this time of year.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Ears of corn, plucked from the fields as you walk, can be very tasty - but you do wonder how many chemicals your body is ingesting.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016