homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Song Association (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Song Association
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, it is pretty 60sish!

So, onto Hush by Kula Shaker Not exactly what one might term a megahit, but the sound of my student clubbing days...[gazes wistfully into middle distance]

Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the Deep Purple version better. Not that these guys tried very hard to be different from DP.

Not Shaker but Chaka as in Khan. Tell me something good, will you?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Tell me that you love me", says Chaka Khan. Dusty Springfield says You don't have to say you love me
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christie McVie, on the other hand, insists that you Say You Love Me.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fleetwood Mac: Tusk

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Fleet Foxes - Montezuma

--------------------
plug plug

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Horrible Histories: Pachacuti

--------------------
Human

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

Great choice!
But Dick Turpin is still the best HH song.

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

I love the Dick Turpin song, but my candidate for the best is William Wallace

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In line with the general theme, but mostly just because I really like the way it sounds...

Scotland The Brave

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brave Sir Robin

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The song that I disliked so much I broke the knob off of my car radio: Rockin' Robin with Michael Jackson et al.
[Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Never did like MJ's preadolescent voice. So irritating.

Stormy Monday with Robben Ford is much more pleasant.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Free Nelson Mandela

(from Robben Island)

--------------------

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Free Paul Rodgers.

(from Middlesbrough)

[ 07. August 2017, 15:49: Message edited by: mousethief ]

--------------------

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

I want to break free
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Breaking Up is Hard to Do.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Come and I Will Sing You
from the album "The Hard and the Easy"

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

"I will serenade you..."
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

Three dog night, you say? Well 3 is the magic number of dogs.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I don't know that there is a number for a Black Magic Woman.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

One wonders if Black Magic Woman is distantly related to Devil Woman ?
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which leads to the Rolling Stones and Sympathy for the Devil

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

"Made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands, and sealed his fate."

Oh, so in other words, you WERE there.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Yes. Yes, I was. And as I recall, he never said a mumblin' word.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

What Did Jesus Say? - The Jubilaires

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Whatever he said is alright with me.

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

But is it all right now?
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Gillian Welch: Everything is Free

--------------------
Human

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

So then what was Frida complaining about?
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

The Flying Lizards want Money - I love the way these lines are delivered:
"the best things in life are free,
but you can give them to the birds and bees"

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is a great version of the song. But I quite like this one too "Think I'll buy me a football team"

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Bruce Springsteen thinks a Pink Cadillac is better than money.

--------------------

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

My God, they look so young!

The Stray Cats: Look at that Cadillac

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Ol' Bruce seems to have mixed feelings about Cadillac Ranch.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

David Essex also wanted Jimmy (James) Dean to Rock on (this video has a slide show of James Dean stills).

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jackie thought she was James Dean for a day in this Lou Reed song.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

A song for rebels with serious causes:

Luke Kelly: The Rising of the Moon

--------------------
Human

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
Jackie thought she was James Dean for a day in this Lou Reed song.

This was the song that I almost had in my head, but couldn't quite get to the name!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

That moon on the rise is a bad one, sez CCM.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

The Man in the Moon must be out of his mind, according to The Full English

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Yeah, he hit my eye like a big pizza pie.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Did someone say pie?

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

This dirge is likely sung in the dark.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Which leads me to the Russian Contakion of the Departed

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Oh, those Russians.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clever take-off by The Barron Knights

--------------------
plug plug

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm leaving on a jet plane (this version by John Denver)

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Ain't got time to take a fast train?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Is The City of New Orleans a fast train?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016