homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Special Edition) (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH (Special Edition)
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
It gets worse - they vote too!

And it gets still worse . . . many who oppose such bigotry don't bother to vote.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This icon is best used sparingly, but now's the time.

[Projectile]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the manufacturers of certain clock radios, who designed a machine which will only show the radio station, not
the time, when the radio is on.

I know what station I am listening to as I get ready in the morning. I need to know what time it is!

I have taken the silly thing back to the shop for a refund, which I got - but four members of staff couldn't understand why I thought there was a problem...!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the arseholes responsible for stealing my DIL's scooter

And may their hellish torments be maximized because, when the police recovered it, along with another stolen scooter, the exhausts had been broken off rendering them unusable

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the company that manufactured my dehumidifier. Some units manufactured by this company have been recalled because of a fire hazard.

I went to the manufacturer's website to find out whether my dehumidifier needs attention. The site asked for the model number, which I gave, and the serial number, which I did not know.

I went to the basement with a flashlight that needs new batteries, and tried to find a serial number on the thing. I found lots of things, including a wiring diagram, but no serial number. I will buy some new batteries tomorrow and try again. BTW, I have to kneel on the basement floor to examine the labels. I am seventy-nine years old and I need this like I need a hole in my head.

I unplugged the dehumidifier. I had planned to do it in a week or so anyway, because the humid weather is over. If I don't find the serial number, I will wait for the manufacturer to contact me personally. I'm pretty sure he will, because he would have a legal liability if that thing started a fire. I'm in no hurry; I don't need the dehumidifier until next June.

I have much better things to do with my time than deal with this kind of aggravation. [Mad]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cilantro, coriander with its long stringy buffalo turds flavour combined with yak vomit, soap and tinfoil. And the stewed pudidiots who think it belongs on pizza.

Backing up the truck beepers. That waken at 4 a.m.

And trains at 5 pm. Do you have to sound your train farting horn. So many mother cuffing times?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cilantro is nice. Balsamic makes me puke. And it's everywhere!

As for trains? Well, if you live in Canada, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to know this.

I am grateful for train horns.

And you ? Well, modesty forbids me to tell you that you're a first class wanker.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Cilantro is nice. Balsamic makes me puke. And it's everywhere!

As for trains? Well, if you live in Canada, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to know this.

I am grateful for train horns.

And you ? Well, modesty forbids me to tell you that you're a first class wanker.

Damn genetics that gives me arthritis and supertasting for cilantro. And no, I'm about 3rd class for wanking. Maybe 4th. It's the sleep thing and trains lately and it's all oil cars like what exploded en la belle province. Worried and responsive to noise with me ears wanked by them horney trains.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the "Park Here" thread.

There was I, quietly perusing the said thread, when my wife arrived home somewhat upset. She had scraped the side of the car while parallel parking next to a wall.

I did the usual male thing (After all, my "baby" had been damaged), but then calmed down as I saw the funny side of it. Somebody up there must have been laughing...

Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
According to some foodie expert in the Huffington post, cilantro is the most polarizing of all popular foods. I like it, but it seems some people just don't have the right taste bud setting for it. No Prophet is more to be pitied than scorned.
3rdFooter
Shipmate
# 9751

- Posted      Profile for 3rdFooter   Email 3rdFooter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
According to some foodie expert in the Huffington post, cilantro is the most polarizing of all popular foods. I like it, but it seems some people just don't have the right taste bud setting for it. No Prophet is more to be pitied than scorned.

Always preferred fresh coriander, myself.

--------------------
3F - Shunter in the sidings of God's Kingdom

Posts: 602 | From: outskirts of Babylon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
S. Bacchus
Shipmate
# 17778

- Posted      Profile for S. Bacchus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: supermarket employees selling wine. Or not selling wine. I tried to buy some yesterday at Sainsbury's for a friend's housewarming, and was not only refused but actually shouted at, by a woman who clearly believed I was a teenager with a fake ID. I suppose that's flattering in a way, as I'm in my twenties (and unfortunately look quite a bit older, it's a combination of the permanent five o'clock shadow and the thinning hair), and a gainfully employed university graduate. But it's ridiculous. The same thing happened to me last year at M&S, where I had two forms of photo ID issued by two different government departments (in this case the manager decided that I probably wasn't lying about my age and that at that one of my ID cards was acceptable, although she scowled at me and said that the other, which not only has my date of birth and a photo, but also finger prints, was 'obviously not acceptable').

I'm never buying wine or beer from a major supermarket again. They're more convenient than the local wine merchant, but I've never been treated that way by the wine merchant. And, here's the clincher, the wine merchant actually clearly cares about not selling to 'problem drinkers' and has a detailed, publicly available, policy on the issue that includes things like not selling alcopop or cheap cider. Do Sainsbury's sell alcopops and litre bottles of cheap cider? Why, yes, as a matter of fact they do. Whence, then, their sanctimony?

--------------------
'It's not that simple. I won't have it to be that simple'.

leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by S. Bacchus:
TICTH: supermarket employees selling wine. Or not selling wine. I tried to buy some yesterday at Sainsbury's for a friend's housewarming, and was not only refused but actually shouted at, by a woman who clearly believed I was a teenager with a fake ID. I suppose that's flattering in a way, as I'm in my twenties

I was once asked for ID in Sainsbury's when I was aged 60 so I asked if a bus pass would do!

I think the manager had insisted that everyone be asked for ID because all the students were back for the new academic year - long queues buying cigarettes once their loving parents had driven back home.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
S. Bacchus
Shipmate
# 17778

- Posted      Profile for S. Bacchus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
quote:
TICTH: supermarket employees selling wine. Or not selling wine. I tried to buy some yesterday at Sainsbury's for a friend's housewarming, and was not only refused but actually shouted at, by a woman who clearly believed I was a teenager with a fake ID. I suppose that's flattering in a way, as I'm in my twenties

I was once asked for ID in Sainsbury's when I was aged 60 so I asked if a bus pass would do!

I think the manager had insisted that everyone be asked for ID because all the students were back for the new academic year - long queues buying cigarettes once their loving parents had driven back home.

That's hilarious! It does seem that lots of people complain about Sainsbury's and M&S (maybe Tesco as well, but I've never lived near one). In fairness, I've never had a problem at Waitrose. If I were to summarize the problem, it's that Waitrose (and the John Lewis Group in general) still treats its customers like customers, i.e. people whose custom they value. I don't live near a Waitrose these days, but I would be tempted to do all my shopping there if I did (as I have in the past, even though I couldn't really afford it).

--------------------
'It's not that simple. I won't have it to be that simple'.

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fucking bastards who arranged the destruction of 10 lime trees this morning, as if the addition of an extra lane is going to improve an already dysfunctional roundabout, and as if they couldn't have taken the space for the extra lane from the site of the new and deeply unwanted shopping 'centre' if they weren't either greedy or incompetent or both. Were the trees 'technically' in a conservation area or not? Well, let's not kid ourselves by pretending it would have made any fucking difference either way.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the mechanic who serviced my Son's car this week. He had it serviced before he went on holiday, set off this morning, got 200 miles and the cam belt went

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fuff
Apprentice
# 14655

- Posted      Profile for Fuff   Email Fuff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The suicide bombers who murdered at least 75 Christians in Pakistan and injured around 100 more.

[Votive]

Posts: 22 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
In fairness, I've never had a problem at Waitrose. If I were to summarize the problem, it's that Waitrose (and the John Lewis Group in general) still treats its customers like customers, i.e. people whose custom they value. I don't live near a Waitrose these days, but I would be tto do all my shopping there if I did (as I have inempted the past, even though I couldn't really afford it).

I can't resist making the observation that the two Waitroses I know are in areas with a high percentage of elderly people - I feel very young when shopping in either of them.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
McAfee's automatic renewal process which has got more automatic in that it didn't advance warn me it was going to take my money in the wee small hours of Sunday morning (a month ahead of the due date), from a credit card which I had carefully not updated the details of because I wanted them to contact me first. (They were very dismissive of my problem with my Asus EeePC in which the C: drive is too small to have all their flaming updates. AVG is perfectly happy to be installed on the D: drive. McAfee was rude.) And now I can't remove the updated credit card details from my profile - so I've emailed them.

[ 23. September 2013, 18:30: Message edited by: Penny S ]

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You've emailed your credit-card details? [Eek!]

[ 23. September 2013, 18:37: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jilly Cooper claimed, in the Waitrose mag, that the Cirencester branch was a good place for meeting male totty. Only if it was elderly - older than me, that is, and I'm retired.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
You've emailed your credit-card details? [Eek!]

No, I've emailed a request to remove them. I originally updated the software I bought in a box online. That being before I read about the sort of person McAfee was. The site does have a little padlock and all....
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, that makes more sense.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
please take the grocery store discussion elsewhere.

• Heaven: Which grocery store is full of the most elderly people?
  • AS: self-checkout PTSD support group
  • Purg: Do grocery stores pander towards select clientele and is that okay?
  • Eccles: Are Tescos uniforms correct for the liturgical season?
  • Keryg: Abraham shopped at Waitrose; But Jesus was an organic farmer's market kind of guy.
  • Hell: I stood in line for 3 hours and I'm SCARRED FOR LIFE
  • Dead Horses: would you shop at a store that hires lesbian choral singing female clerics who volunteer for Planned Parenthood?
  • Circus: Find the Spam Aisle!
otherwise, STFU about it here.

comet
Hellhost

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH: the engineers who designed my car such that the headlight on the driver's side can only be replaced by somebody with hands the size of an infant's, two wrists on each arm, and the grip strength of a vise. Oh, and the jackass who made the YouTube video in which he filmed himself doing the easy (passenger's) side, then said, "Well I'm not going to do the driver's side, but you know now what to do."

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
That being before I read about the sort of person McAfee was.

Two things:

1 - Is McAfee the antivirus software package a horrific space-sucking misery like it looks to be? Do people pick it purely out of spite for the horror that is Norton?

2 - McAfee the company no longer has any connection to McAfee the person. But, frankly, I suspect that even a freakshow of a person like that would still make a better product than MAV.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
...the engineers who designed my car...

It is a funny bit of evolution, that. The optimization for the parameters of a passenger car seem to have swung hard into realm of considering maintenance/service as a tertiary concern at best. I often wonder if an "open source" alternative passenger car with more focus for hands-on aspect might have a significant market.

Probably not.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a race to the bottom. We demand better mileage, which means a lighter car, which means more things crammed into less space.

It's kind of like the way we fucked ourselves with air travel. If all that matters is low price, that's all you'll get.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stop fucking snorting your way down the hall. Go to the bathroom and blow your nose! Snort snort you wander down the hall, and then 20 seconds later you come back slurping your mucus up your nose again. You just made your fourth trip, mucus and air echoing delightfully up your nasal passages every way for all to hear.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the dumb-as-fuck office manager from a client who thinks she can advance her own standing in the organisation by having a go at me. Pull your head in, madam!

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
It's a race to the bottom. We demand better mileage, which means a lighter car, which means more things crammed into less space.

It's kind of like the way we fucked ourselves with air travel. If all that matters is low price, that's all you'll get.

With all due respect, it's simpler than that. They now design cars specifically so that you have to take them to a main dealer to get even basic stuff done, like, indeed, changing a headlight bulb. It's all to do with making money. Why else would a socking great big BMW have to have the front bumper removed to have the aforesaid bulb changed? I rest my case.

Mrs. S - if it isn't about the money, it's about CONTROL

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's actually even simpler than that. When the bulb goes, you're meant to junk the whole thing and buy a new car.

Helps the economy.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry to continue the motor vehicle theme but:

TICTH drivers.

WTF is it with you this week? Rain or shine, cutting in, not looking, not signalling and best (worst?) of all three of you racing around a large roundabout that has traffic lights and generally being arseholes.

I hope you improve today because we have a 200 mile trip across country, mostly on motorways. Oh for a RPG, or failing that a potato cannon.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you the delightful youths who thought it a good idea to enter the sheltered housing flats opposite & do something to set off the automatic fire alarm.
The residents have nothing better to do than leave their rooms to see what the problem is, and I'm sure the fire brigade loved the little excursion up our street.

--------------------
Less is more ...

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ticth coming to theological blows with Christian friends over biblical interpretation on issues like sexuality

[Frown]

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could be worse, some dude in Russia fuckin' shot a guy over Kant.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Could be worse, some dude in Russia fuckin' shot a guy over Kant.

As I recall the news item, I thought that they had both shot each other. Not very Kantian of them.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Twice the comedy.

(ETA Because I can: The Doublemint Twins of Stupid.)

[ 27. September 2013, 06:08: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Apparently they have now both rekanted.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Plique-à-jour
Shipmate
# 17717

- Posted      Profile for Plique-à-jour     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The digital isolationism that leads people who run antiquated message boards to believe that their site is Serious Business. Check out a few communities formed more recently than 1997 dude, your Dungeonmaster tone will only draw derision from adults.

--------------------
-

-

Posts: 333 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH this signature:

--------------------
-

-

I mean, what's up with that?? We seem to get a lot of them lately.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Al-Shabab.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Plique-à-jour
Shipmate
# 17717

- Posted      Profile for Plique-à-jour     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
TICTH this signature:

--------------------
-

-

I mean, what's up with that?? We seem to get a lot of them lately.

I like the shape it gives the post.

[ 27. September 2013, 18:28: Message edited by: Plique-à-jour ]

--------------------
-

-

Posts: 333 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Plique-à-jour:
The digital isolationism that leads people who run antiquated message boards to believe that their site is Serious Business. Check out a few communities formed more recently than 1997 dude, your Dungeonmaster tone will only draw derision from adults.

Wow. Now on three threads. Suicide by cop? Messy. I'd sleep on it all if I were you, son. Er, I mean, mate.

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CRACKS HOSTLY WHIP
quote:
Originally posted by Plique-à-jour:

Plique-a-jour:

you can be as pissed off at the Ship and the crew all you like. As you have been told already ad nauseum, keep it in the Styx. DO NOT attempt to bring your snit with a hosting call into Hell.

I am aware you will try to claim innocence and say this is not related to your issues in Purg and the Styx. I'm also aware this is bullshit. For someone who "isn't interested in discussing it" you sure do feel the need to whine.

Take it to the Styx or shut the fuck up. NOW.

comet,
not even slightly amused HELLHOST

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Been done before but I have to reconsign allergies to hell. Three fucking days of pounding headaches. And yes, it is allergies, I've had it checked. "It's nothing serious" - screw you medical person who has no idea how crappy I feel. If I can't read, I can't work.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doctors who ignore their patients and leave them sitting for over an hour past their appointment time -- they probably would have left me longer except that I went out to reception to see what was going on. Then I left.
[Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The 2-litre glass jar of fermented milk that exploded in the refrigerator last night.

Now I have to admit that, after getting out of bed to help mop up the mess, whilst trying to avoid getting shards of glass in my feet, hands and knees, I did admire the extent of the effects achieved. Not only did it manage to get spray on both the top and bottom of each shelf, but also the sides, back, and even inside the drawers. As the door had been slightly open at the time, it sprayed through the hinge crack onto three separate walls up to 2.5m away. It also settled into the seals, hinges, ventilation louvers, and seeped along the floor underneath the fridge.

I expect this weekend I will have further opportunity to reflect on the thoroughness of the coverage while laying on the floor disassembling and scrubbing the trim and hinge assemblies with an old toothbrush.

Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Tea-publicans. They are the scum found on the underside of rocks found at the bottom of a medical waste landfill.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RuthW said:
quote:
TI also CTH car alarms. Pedestrian, I know, but fer cryin' out loud, this is one of those old-school ones that goes on forever. I'm starting to re-think my position on gun ownership just because I want to shoot the damn thing till it shuts up.
Before the advent of annoying car alarms there were car horns that would get "stuck". One time, long, long ago a car horn got stuck in the parking lot of the apartment complex where I lived. It started it's very loud blaring at 3:00 a.m. on a Monday morning and continued until 6:00 a.m.!! It was horrible. I had to be up at 7 a.m. to get to work and had gone to sleep late, only to be blasted out of sleep by the damn car horn. A lot of us were extremely grumpy that morning.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016