homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Only Connect (Page 15)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Only Connect
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She's a real person, but the heroine of an Evelyn Waugh novel, too.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So it's Helena ((Montana) - I'd never heard either of the book or the city. (Margot Pennefeather she's not!)
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(You don't play Sporcle enough)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Northern most states, or states with a border with Canada?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, but I've been to a theatre performance where the audience had to make Sporklas before the show (and wave them during it). Don't ask ...
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Northern most states, or states with a border with Canada?

I hadn't thought of that- no, just state capitals. Helena is an inventive dowager because she was a dowager Empress of Rome and is traditionally associated with the finding of the True Cross, commemorated as the Invention of the Cross.

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

That was a joint effort ... who sets the next question?
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

You, I reckon it's between you and Salicional. I'd say he had the edge on making the connection, which just about nudges him over the line, but there's hardly anything between you.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Over to him, then ...
Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would someone like to post another question? I've only just discovered this thread so it would be presumptuous of me to do so myself!
Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

No, go for it!

--------------------

Aravis
Shipmate
# 13824

- Posted      Profile for Aravis   Email Aravis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, as you asked...

What's the connection between the following words? (Though this is probably more a "wall" type of question):

Each
Range
Rape
Ear

Posts: 689 | From: S Wales | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:
OK, as you asked...

What's the connection between the following words? (Though this is probably more a "wall" type of question):

Each
Range
Rape
Ear

1. All contain e and a.

2. If you take the first letter of each word and put it on the end of the word, you get another reasonable word:
ache, anger, aper, are.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aravis:

Each
Range
Rape
Ear

They are all fruits with the first letter removed? (peach, orange, grape, pear)
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jumps up and down, eager to try something else, and hoping it hasn't been done already

I only await confirmation of the previous answers.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

It certainly sounds correct.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK. Failing a resolution of the previous question, here is a new one. What comes fourth, and what is the common link?

1. Lindsey Davies
2. C.S.Lewis
3. John Ruskin
4. ...........

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Do you mean Lindsey Davis, the novelist?
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Whoops - yes, no 'e'.
Lindsey Davis.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016