homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: I wish I were gay (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: I wish I were gay
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do I wish I were gay?

As a white heterosexal male I am the last demographic left who doesn't have a pressure group.

It's impossible (politically) for me to be the subject of racism, sexism, or sexalism.

Nobody cares (politically) about my views, and nobody defends me (politically). I can't be politically incorrected.

If I were to start a group championing White Heterosexal Male's rights, I would be called a nazi.

Arse.

[ 10. March 2003, 00:36: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll bet you really want to be gay so you can have a bus [Big Grin]

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nightlamp
Shipmate
# 266

- Posted      Profile for Nightlamp   Email Nightlamp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This looks like a dead horse walking, but I will keep it open for now in case something new and interesting is said.

Nightlamp
Hellhost

--------------------
I don't know what you are talking about so it couldn't have been that important- Nightlamp

Posts: 8442 | From: Midlands | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IbP said
quote:
I wish I were gay
If it is any comfort I thought you were.

As for a pressure group for us for us white, straight males. I must admit it is a thought that has crossed my mind then I remembered we have all the power already so why bother.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
This looks like a dead horse walking
Nightlamp
Hellhost

Nay lad.

Sorry.

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
IbP said
quote:
I wish I were gay
If it is any comfort I thought you were.
P

Why? If I come across so obviously in my posts as being gay, maybe I am...

Incidentally Warrior Tortoise assumed I was gay until she checked my bathroom and found that I did not own any Jean Paul Gaultier shower gel. Apparently thats the defining factor. That and the fact that my wife's stuff is in there too.

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IntellectByProxy:
As a white heterosexal male I am the last demographic left who doesn't have a pressure group.

It's impossible (politically) for me to be the subject of racism, sexism, or sexalism.

Nobody cares (politically) about my views, and nobody defends me (politically). I can't be politically incorrected.

You poor little thing.

Everybody's so mean to you.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

- Posted      Profile for Xavierite         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Discrimination against the mentally subnormal goes on all the time, so I can't really see what you're complaining about.
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Jesuitical Lad:
Discrimination against the mentally subnormal goes on all the time, so I can't really see what you're complaining about.

Fair point, I'd comment if I understood what you said. I shall have someone explain it to me.

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Incidentally Warrior Tortoise assumed I was gay until she checked my bathroom and found that I did not own any Jean Paul Gaultier shower gel. Apparently thats the defining factor. That and the fact that my wife's stuff is in there too.

The latter's not always a guarantee...

How do you feel about show tunes?

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lurker McLurker™

Ship's stowaway
# 1384

- Posted      Profile for Lurker McLurker™     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You can't be the subject of Racism, Sexism or Sexualism. You can be the subject of Political Correctness, though.

What's good about P.C is that it's so poorly defined. Don't agree with a newspaper article/book/film/law etc. Then it's Politically Correct, an attack on our White Hetero Male way of life.

So be Politically Incorrect. Anyone who opposes you is Politically Correct and must be stopped.

Now, I'm a White Hetero Male Liberal. Who do I claim is discriminating against me?

--------------------
Just War Theory- a perversion of morality?

Posts: 5661 | From: Raxacoricofallapatorius | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

'Sexalism'? Maybe you have a niche in Semi-literates Anonymous.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

Sexualism. And I am not illiterate, I travel around all the time.

--------------------

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:

I find them very inspiring and uplifting, why?

--------------------

doug
Apprentice
# 474

- Posted      Profile for doug   Email doug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I couldn't agree more.

For instance did you know:

Young White Straight Males (YWSM):

- Statistically earn less than women and people from ethnic minorities!

- Are more likely to be stopped and searched ny the police!

- Are more likely than any other group to be the subject of a racist attack!

- Make up a disproportionate numeber of prisoners relative to other ethnic groups!

- Will have to suffer the pain of 'coming out' as heterosexual to family and friends who may not be sympathetic, and a wider world is often not!

- Are more likely to die in police custody than other ethnic groups!

- Are less likely to make up (or be on their way to making up) the establishment than women, persons from ethinc minortities etc!
Clearly, Something Must Be Done.

d.

ps anyone want a trowel.

Posts: 28 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heck - I quite like showtunes... but I don't have the right shower gel... is that higher or lower on the scale than not liking showtunes, but having the shower gel??

Oh this is just SO confusing...
AnglRasc

I want some more hock in my seltzer,
And Robbie, please give me your hand.
Is this the end or beginning?
How can I understand?

Posts: 3186 | From: Diocese of Litigalia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think show tunes existed before shower gel... however, maybe before there were either, then just washing was enough to prove you were gay?

You're right, this is confusing.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
anglicanrascal
Shipmate
# 3412

- Posted      Profile for anglicanrascal   Email anglicanrascal   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think show tunes existed before shower gel... however, maybe before there were either, then just washing was enough to prove you were gay?

Well... either gay or not English. [Big Grin]

Maybe you don't want to be gay, you just want to be French... there's not much difference between the two. The French men all kiss each other and carry little handbags... and probably use Jean Paul Wotsisface gel de douche (hey - it even sounds French).

How about it - why not give up trying to be gay and just be French?

Posts: 3186 | From: Diocese of Litigalia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by anglicanrascal:

How about it - why not give up trying to be gay and just be French?

Because I'd never be able to come out tell my family I was French.

{I'll tell you your UBB code is crap.}

[ 21. November 2002, 18:51: Message edited by: Nightlamp ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

You have tendancies. [Snigger] You could get in touch with them if you want [Two face]

How good are you at colour co-ordination without your wife's help? And have you ever expressed an interesting in interior design and the like?

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ROFLMAO [Killing me]
Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nightlamp:
This looks like a dead horse walking, but I will keep it open for now in case something new and interesting is said.

Nothing like putting on the pressure to kill a thread Nightlamp.

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Tubbs:
quote:
quote:

You have tendancies. [Snigger] You could get in touch with them if you want [Two face]

How good are you at colour co-ordination without your wife's help? And have you ever expressed an interesting in interior design and the like?

Tubbs

I am far better at co-ordinating colours than my wife is. We have arguments about paint which I usually win, and I'm usually right.
I do, however, have little or no interest in soft furnishings.

What does all this mean?

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What does all this mean?

Umm... you have no life? Or no intellect? Or are missing something else?

Aren't you the guy who admitted to having no dick, or at least a very very small one? Praps you're really a woman, but no one told you?

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It means that you have an inner gay man or a highly developed feminine side [Big Grin]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
Aren't you the guy who admitted to having no dick, or at least a very very small one? Praps you're really a woman, but no one told you?

Viki

Yes I am that guy, but I said that more for the purposes of exciting narative than for any real reason. The size of my penis is quite inconsequential to my political viability.

If there were a pressure group campaigning for equal rights for small-penissed people then it might become an issue. But there isn't. Oh woe.

--------------------

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Tubbs:
It means that you have an inner gay man or a highly developed feminine side [Big Grin]

Tubbs

Inner gay man?
As in 'Do you have any gay in you? would you like some?' ?

My left side is quite feminine, but it's not highly developed. It's kind of a closet femininity. I always choose paints with my left eye, but pick up the tins with my right hand.

--------------------

MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe it all has to do with the Barbara Striesand CD's that were "accidentally" discovered in IBP's collection. [Paranoid]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tangent: My post was in reference to Sarkycow's post. Tangent over.

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If there were a pressure group campaigning for equal rights for small-penissed people then it might become an issue. But there isn't. Oh woe.

You could always start one. Hang around hot rod shows and custom car conventions.

Reader Alexis

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

Look guys, much as I appreciate the constant references to my anatomy (and I do, I really do) I made an off-the-cuff comment to Erin after she equated the size of a guys nob to his driving ability.

From that small seed appears to have grown an entire cult. The cult of the small nob.

Now I don't want everyone to think that every thread I start must eventually come round to talking about my genitalia. This was a politically motivated thread, not a confessional one.

And anyway, my wife reads these things and I don't want to upset her [Frown]

--------------------

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Hey, it's a wonderful thing if this is a "coming out" thread... [Wink]

but I'm quite worried about this statement. What does literacy have to do with travel? [Confused]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by bessie rosebride:
quote:

Hey, it's a wonderful thing if this is a "coming out" thread... [Wink]

but I'm quite worried about this statement. What does literacy have to do with travel? [Confused]

Literacy has nothing to do with travel.

I was making a pun based on the word 'Itinerate' which means 'travelling around' and 'Illiterate' which means 'Unable to read'

It was an oxymoron, you see I claimed not to be illiterate siting as evidence my extensive travel. Which showed I had misread 'illiterate' as 'itinerate' and therfore confirmed that I was, in fact, illiterate.

It's very complicated I know. But very very funny in my head.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I always choose paints with my left eye, but pick up the tins with my right hand.

So you're bi! Even better! [Big Grin]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
quote:
I always choose paints with my left eye, but pick up the tins with my right hand.

So you're bi! Even better! [Big Grin]
as in bi-sexed?

I am both man and woman, look left and I'm pretty as a picture, look right and I am rugged and hairy.

Is that what you mean?

--------------------

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Look guys, much as I appreciate the constant references to my anatomy (and I do, I really do) [but] I don't want everyone to think that every thread I start must eventually come round to talking about my genitalia.

But it's much more fun to keep refering to you lack of a penis. It seems to annoy you, which is plus points.

Besides. If we actually talked about what you wanted to, then Nightlamp would close the thread. The tangents are more fun.

CM has his eye on you, you might want to watch your back.

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Killing me] I'm so happy for you.. [Killing me] ...pathetic.. I'll be agreeing with this post by Jesuitical Lad, then:

quote:

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Are you saying that she doesn't know you are genitally challenged?

[BTW - I got the pun]

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
seadog
Shipmate
# 2931

- Posted      Profile for seadog   Email seadog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

She's bound to find out about the size of your penis sooner or later. Odd way to find out though.

--------------------
A good landing is a succession of errors rapidly corrected.

Posts: 433 | From: Isle of Wight, UK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

And again posted by IBP:
Literacy has nothing to do with travel.

I was making a pun based on the word 'Itinerate' which means 'travelling around' and 'Illiterate' which means 'Unable to read'

It was an oxymoron, you see I claimed not to be illiterate siting as evidence my extensive travel. Which showed I had misread 'illiterate' as 'itinerate' and therfore confirmed that I was, in fact, illiterate.

Not an oxymoron, but a non-sequitur [Snore]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:
quote:

Are you saying that she doesn't know you are genitally challenged?

[BTW - I got the pun]

And since, Mr. CatInASafe, you know both me and my wife, you might be on hand to lend a little therapy... [Wink]

Glad you got the pun. Glad somebody got the pun. Now I know it's not just me whose mentally subnormal. Solidarity Brother.

--------------------

Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe the saying is ' do you have a gay bone in your body - would you like one? '.

Anyway as a Lesibian trapped in a Gay Mans body I really can't comment.

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Rhisiart:

A non-sequitur can constitute an oxymoronic point of view. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Xavierite
Shipmate
# 2575

- Posted      Profile for Xavierite         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Edward Green:
I believe the saying is ' do you have a gay bone in your body - would you like one? '.

And how is Lesibia at this time of year?
ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So the decorating-JeanPaulGaultier thing is a sign of someone getting in touch with their camper side, yes?

Good job my house looks like a bombsite, and I smell like I've just come back from the trenches then.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<Pedant alert> And 'nob' is spelt with a 'k'. <Alert over>

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

quote:
Originally posted by Edward Green:

You must be a nightmare at parties.

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhisiart:

A non-sequitur can constitute an oxymoronic point of view. [Roll Eyes]
Miss out the 'oxy-' and I would agree

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wandering with Hope
Shipmate
# 3431

- Posted      Profile for Wandering with Hope   Email Wandering with Hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would ANYONE want to be discriminated - hated - and - misunderstood?

People have died - been beaten - been shunned by family and friends all in the name of discrimination.

But yet this is what you wish you had -

Only proves what others have said:

quote:
[Fixed your code even though you don't deserve it [Razz] ]

[ 21. November 2002, 21:24: Message edited by: sarkycow ]

Posts: 113 | From: between the ocean and the mountains | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016