homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Bad parenting 101 (formerly Control your spoiled brat, please!) (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Bad parenting 101 (formerly Control your spoiled brat, please!)
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Spouse:
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
up here in "small plane country" you are expected to disclose your real weight, and if you try to shine them on they pop you on the frieght scale. in a small plane, it makes a huge difference. weight has a direct impact on fuel burned.

Yeah, we experienced that at check in for a flight on a 9-seater in Florida. The gate staff panicked when a transfer passenger turned up without having checked in beforehand. They had to bring the pilot out to check that he wasn't too heavy to fly!
Yah, on the inter-island shuttles, the pilots even arrange the passengers for balance, which means that once in a while, I get to sit in the cockpit. Sweet.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The last time I went to Victoria, the ferry back to Seattle was overbooked because one of the boats had conked out.

My friend and I got offered seats on the seaplane back to Lake Union. I am sure that the ferry agent took a look at us and saw good candidates - two not-overweight women with one "carry on" type bag each. (It was kewl. I loved it.)

Re standard airline seats, Southwest seems to have just enough extra room that it's not horrid for my five-nine body unless someone leans the seat in front of me back.

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Although total weight is an important factor in light planes, I think your worried pilot was more concerned with balance. You would never find all of the 300 pounders on a passenger list sitting in the back rows.

[cross-posted with marmot]

[ 09. February 2007, 23:32: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Period pain?

No, people pain.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Period pain?

No, people pain.
I was going to suggest that it was the kind of period pain related to the period of time from logging on to the Ship to host, to the time of logging off [Big Grin] !

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016