homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: January 2009 Fitness Race
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Following the success of the November 2007, January 2008 and the July 2008 Fitness Race, and with much cribbing from Ultracrepidarian's post, here are the rules for the January 2009 Fitness Race. We also agreed last time around that an annual January Race to get us back into the routine of exercise following the Saturnalian excesses was a Good Idea™. Those who want to take part please can you sign up here, and record the amount of time you have spent exercising from the 1st January onwards - daily / weekly / whatever is most convenient. The person who spent the most time exercising by the 31st January is the winner.

As before, the aim is to log your hours of fitness activity and watch them accumulate over the month. You can be a serious gym junkie or an occasional cyclist, the important thing is to take some time out of your month to spend being active.

The rules are simple (and almost identical to last time):

1. It has to be physical activity. It doesn't have to be overly strenuous as long as it's aerobic. After some discussion previously, house work and gardening counts, so long as it's aerobic and so serious welly is put into it, but music practice doesn't.
  2. The race is based on time, rounded to the nearest minute. If you spend 5 minutes walking down the street to buy milk, it counts.
  3. If you're paid to be active (eg. as a builder), you can't count time spent on your job; The rest of us need to have a chance! However, you can count active transport that gets you to work (eg. walking, running, cycling, unicycling...).
  4. You can sign up whenever you like, but you can only count time spent after you sign up.

The race starts at midnight January 1 (local time) and finishes at midnight February 1 (local time). There will be small prizes for the winners.

All right then, tie your shoelaces and get ready to go. When we did this in November 2007, the top 5 people took regular daily exercise, little and often worked. None of them had a car, so they all walked or cycled places, so leave the car behind and cut your carbon footprint too - it will help towards the Ship's Compact if you want to take part in that! Children helped - walking recalcitrant babies or toddlers around the block built up useful amounts. Also use your weekends wisely to take extra exercise.

If you are London based, you can start the year with a New Year's Day Walk

[ 05. April 2009, 13:52: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am definitely in!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So overweight & so unhealthy so v certainly in!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bacchus
Ship's Sommelier
# 11408

- Posted      Profile for Bacchus   Email Bacchus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in - if I remember to post here. By-the-by, does the effort involved in removing a cork from a bottle of wine count? Even if you grunt alot?

--------------------
Cogito, ergo spud.
I think, therefore I yam.

Posts: 2066 | From: Central Indiana, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll have a go this time - and do I get double points when I'm pushing a Host in a wheelchair when he is here?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've eaten too much - count me in!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in, for definite.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sign me up too please!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK - I have a stone to lose and applying for a number for my back :shock:!!

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in! I started a new job in December, and haven't been to the gym since, so it will be added incentive to get back into it... (That, and all the junk I've been eating over December)
Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too, please!

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This might give me the incentive I need. Count me in.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Count me in, please. It will be interesting to see how little exercise I get in winter, and see why I get love handles every October when the cricket season finishes.

Please also count Celtic Knotweed in - she's busy reminding herself how to knit while I cruise the ship.

Many thanks,

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A propos les embonpoints - A little yearning is a dangerous thing; but the car keeps saying 115,000 miles is enough, and won't believe I've done more than that until I log it up. So I'm in.

ETA I have already put another hole in my belt with a trusty awl. Paul would be proud of me!

[ 27. December 2008, 16:17: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Count me in too, please.

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Please also count Celtic Knotweed in - she's busy reminding herself how to knit while I cruise the ship.

Just to confirm I'm in! (and can still sort-of knit [Smile] )

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sign me up as well. Chasee will be here for the beginning of the month, so I'll try and twist her arm into joining also.

I'm excited! [Yipee]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
the pilgrim
Ship's Brownist
# 13263

- Posted      Profile for the pilgrim   Author's homepage   Email the pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll do it! I might as well get some kind of credit for all the snow I'm shoveling. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Life is good in the palm of God's hand.

Posts: 841 | From: the palm of the mitten | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
the famous rachel
Shipmate
# 1258

- Posted      Profile for the famous rachel   Email the famous rachel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in... this should reduce my withdrawal symptoms following the end of "Walking Around the World".

Rachel.

--------------------
A shrivelled appendix to the body of Christ.

Posts: 912 | From: In the lab. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbeard
Ship's Pirate
# 10848

- Posted      Profile for blackbeard   Email blackbeard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And me.
Posts: 823 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Me too

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in: I'll count walking home from the pub on New Year's morning! I am buying a bicycle in mid-January, so I look forward to getting some long hours in on that also.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sounds good, I'm in! Have just started running again.

Just to clarify, I get the bus to and from work but walk about 10-15 mins each way between the bus stop to the office - does that count?

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This may just be the motivation I need to get off my (fat) arse. I'm in.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, Pretty Fly, walking 10-15mins counts, but we found people added more time if they got off a stop earlier than normal to build in more exercise.

Do people want a list of who is in and what they did last time (or the last few times) to give them targets to aim for? I've put the previous times on the spreadsheet as I've been adding names so that I can give you comparisons at the end. (Yes, I know, sad, and needs a life - also keeping my spreadsheet skills up!)

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in, but I'm not sure how I'll do this time round. I'm on holiday this month, so there's no cycle-commuting to work. But on the other hand, I'm on holidays this month so I don't have to sit in front of a computer all day. However, it's been punishingly hot during the daytime here, so outdoor exercise will probably be limited.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. At the very least, I want to get a couple of outdoor climbing excursions in during the month. Plus I have a slackline I want to play with. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1897 | From: Cattle crossing | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh crumbs - it starts tomorrow [Ultra confused]

Must phone my coach ....

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Oh crumbs - it starts tomorrow [Ultra confused]

Must phone my coach ....

I read that as "couch". I think I may have to find my couch and have a lie down too....

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smudgie: [Big Grin]

I'm in. Goal: regular activity.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
…Do people want a list of who is in and what they did last time (or the last few times) to give them targets to aim for? I've put the previous times on the spreadsheet as I've been adding names so that I can give you comparisons at the end. (Yes, I know, sad, and needs a life - also keeping my spreadsheet skills up!)

Yes, please.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Signing in 7.30am New Years Day local time.

I'm not sure I'll continue with this, I got a bit obsessive with the first two, but this is a start on a shiny New Year.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
it's effing -30f tonight. can I count shivering? [Biased]

All ready to rumble tomorrow!

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nunzia

Shipmate
# 4766

- Posted      Profile for Nunzia   Email Nunzia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in. For better or worse.

--------------------
----- ---------. ---- - ---- ----.

Posts: 1903 | From: Crazy-glued to the ledge | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

January Fitness Race contestants as at 8:45am on 1st January GMT, and previous times:

1. Auntie Doris - Nov07 16h35m, Jan08 20h40m, Jul08 25h30m
  2. Autenrieth Road - Jan08 30h10m; Jul08 4h05m
  3. Bacchus
  4. blackbeard Jan08 41h35m; Jul08 30h50m
  5. Boogie
  6. Celtic Knotweed Nov07 23h42m; Jul08 42h
  7. chasee?
  8. Chorister Nov07 10h45m; Jan08 14h
  9. comet Jan08 34h10m; Jul08 58h45m
  10. Cottontail
  11. Curiosity killed .. Nov07 49h40m; Jan08 36h30m; Jul08 29h
  12. Freelance Monotheist Nov07 52h; Jan08 53h; Jul08 47h30m
  13. Huia Nov07 71h05m; Jan07 76h30m
  14. lily pad
  15. Meg the Red Jan08 24h30m
  16. NorthEast Quine
  17. Nunzia
  18. pimple
  19. Pretty Fly
  20. Sandemaniac Jul08 62h10m
  21. Scots lass
  22. Sir Kevin Jan08 5h30m; Jul08 6h35m
  23. Smudgie Jan08 16h05; Jul08 5h30m
  24. Spike
  25. Stevie Boy Wonder
  26. Susan Doris Jul08 54h25m
  27. the famous rachel
  28. the pilgrim
  29. Ultracrepidarian Jan08 46h45m; 57h20m;
  30. Wiff Waff

I think I've spotted any name changes!

--------------------

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

- Posted      Profile for Ultracrepidarian   Email Ultracrepidarian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, we're off.

I slacklined and did body-weight exercises (chin-ups, push-ups and some core stuff) for 1 hr 10 today, plus I spent 15 minutes cycling to go and get some money from an ATM.

I've found the perfect pair of trees nearby for stringing my slackline. They're about 6m apart and they're gum trees, so the branches don't get in the way of walking between them. As a bonus, one of the trees has a nice horizontal branch that I can just reach if I stand on the slackline. It makes a nice chin-up bar for when I get bored with walking the line. [Smile]

Running total: 1 hr 25

[ 01. January 2009, 09:03: Message edited by: Ultracrepidarian ]

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hr 25 min

Very cold this morning, but no wind, so it was quite comfortable walking; and of course very few people or cars about (between (9:0 a.m. and 10:25).

UltraC: Could you explain what a 'slack line' is, please?

[ 01. January 2009, 09:57: Message edited by: SusanDoris ]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

No worries, SD: Here's the wikipedia article, and here's a nice example of the sort of stuff you can do when you get good. At the moment I can walk from one end of my line to the other without too many problems. As of today, I can even turn around without falling off (if I'm lucky). I'm also working on doing some basic balance tricks like standing on one foot in a yoga-esque tree pose or walking with my hands held behind my back (which is surprisingly hard). However, I'm not jumping around or anything like that. Yet. [Biased]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know this might look like a set-up but working backwards from the distances I did I get 1 hr 25 mins as well - all cycling in two bursts, one this morning and one this evening.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.

Even if I did miss today's London Shipmeet Walk due to celebrating New Year's Eve a little too vigorously and so am already starting with a day of not doing anything!

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely dry weather on New Year's Day, so did a 2 hour walk along the banks of the River Tamar.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

UltraC
thanks for the links. I am very impressed!

--------------------

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hour on the treadmill and stretching. I weighed myself at the gym and I weigh quite a bit more there than I do at home. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

I went walking in Kew Gardens, and with the 40 minutes of walking to tube stations at either end, I reckon we probably walked for a total of 2 hours (at any pace).

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tut. Not off the ground yet. Was expecting to have to walk to work. But the car was wagging its tail, so to speak....

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After we'd recovered from our New Year's Eve festivities, I've been for a walk with some friends in Habberley Woods in Kidderminster. 1 hour 30 minutes wandering through the woods, scrambling up sandstone rocks, and throwing balls for random passing dogs to chase.

OK, does playing on Wii Fitness count as exercise? If so, I've done another 25 minutes of jogging, step aerobics and slalom skiing. I'm now wondering if I should buy a Wii as it would work out cheaper than a year's gym membership, plus I wouldn't have to leave the house in the freezing cold...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in, might motivate me a bit!!
Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

I woke up early, so I slacklined and did body-weight stuff for 45 minutes this morning. It's a nice way to start the day. [Smile]

Running total: 2 hr 10

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
1 hour walking today.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ultracrepidarian
Shipmate
# 9679

Cycled into the city to buy warm clothing for my trip to the UK. 35 minutes each way makes 1 hr 10.

Running total: 3 hr 20

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016