homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » HEAVEN: Burnt Offerings: the recipe thread (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 

Source: (consider it) Thread: HEAVEN: Burnt Offerings: the recipe thread
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
My favourite liver recipes are the liver with juniper and yoghurt

Care to enlarge? I can see references to it online, but not the recipe itself: juniper and yoghurt are my kind of ingredients.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thin strips of liver (450g for 4), large onion cut into thin slices and half to make half moons (which separate into ribbons), crushed garlic clove - heavy frying pan with olive oil and butter, fry onion, garlic and heaped teaspoon juniper berries gently for about 10 minutes. Increase the heat, add liver and brown quickly - you're supposed to turn the strips carefully, I used to stir it, When browned and not overcooked, turn heat right down again and add 150ml natural yoghurt which you simmer gently for about 5 minutes, ignore if the yoghurt separates slightly. Taste, season with salt and pepper, serve with rice and green salad (but I used to do mashed potatoes and cabbage for this one too).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks. That sounds worth a fling for a weekday dinner.
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Coming in late to the ham-hock question: We like to keep a couple of them in the freezer for soups (not supposed to keep smoked meats frozen too long, but that's generally not a problem at our house.;-)). We usually put them in a legume-based soup like split-pea, lentil or white bean. I've not tried this, but if you like having homemade stock on hand, it might be interesting to make a few pints of ham-hock stock for any soup recipe calling for a ham base.

Growing up, we usually had ham hocks in sauerkraut. (A culinary step up from the unsmoked neckbones that my grandmothers had to work with back during the Depression.) I think the acid in the kraut helps break down the connective tissue and tenderizes the the muscle in the knuckles, while the pork tames the acidic bite of the kraut. My mom used to add a handful of quick-cooking barley to the mixture just to thicken the juices and provide another texture to the mix; I've also tossed some chopped apple into the stew for some sweetness. Herb(s) of choice if you wish -- dill, thyme, bay leaf, etc.

Another alternative is to go the Southern US route and cook the hocks with greens like mustard or collard; something a bit tough and mildly bitey-bitter that benefits both from the smoky richness of the meat and the low-and-slow cooking process.

Regarding offal, aka "variety meat": I just can't love liver. I was anemic when I was little, and my poor parents tried to get me to eat liver; my mom made really wonderful (I'm told), tender fried liver with mashed potatoes that people loved; but I just couldn't get more than a few pieces down. On the other hand, I love heart, but it's really bad for those of us who watch our cholesterol, so except for the random chicken or turkey heart when we roast whole birds that flavor is pretty much a fond memory. My father's family truly engaged in nose-to-tail butchering and cooking, so he had happy memories of all sorts of other animal bits that my grandmother turned into delicious meals; but my mom was not interested in adopting that particular family tradition from the in-laws, and I also suspect that some foods taste better in memory than in reality! I think the most exotic variety meat I've ever had was a small-plate taste of lamb fries in a hipster restaurant a couple of years ago, and that was...erm...quite enough.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Venetian style liver's delicious - strips of liver quickly fried with golden strips of onion melted in oil. A quick deglazing sauce using some dry vermouth, open a bottle of red and enjoy. You can be tossing a salad while the onions are cooking.

A glass or 2 of wine, preferably red, dissolves any cholesterol I gather. Or scares it away, or gives it dts. Whatever.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I must confess to being an almost complete wimp when it comes to offal - the only uses I can find for it are chicken-liver pâté (the blessèd Delia again) and haggis - for that I'd use lamb livers if I could get them, but make do with chicken livers.

I've only once had devilled kidneys (we were at someone's house for dinner and I couldn't get out of it), and they were much nicer than I expected, but they still wouldn't be on my "favourites" list. I think it's the texture - I always find it a bit off-putting in S&K pie, which would be fine without the K ... [Big Grin]

This talk of ham-hocks has reminded me that I must look out a recipe for Newfoundland pea soup, which we've been thinking we should try. It's traditionally made with salt beef, but stock made with a ham-hock and some of the meat from the bone would do just as well. I'll report back once further research has been carried out.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stuffed lamb's heart is delicious.

You have to be very careful to cut out all the valve bits but once done, you can stuff it with something good - rice and sauteed mushroom is good - and serve in a rich gravy.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stuffed lambs' hearts cook very nicely in a slow cooker. Sliced beef heart makes a tasty and extremely cheap alternative to braising steak in a casserole.

Delia's Complete Cookery Course (or is it Collection?) has an excellent range of fairly simple but tasty offal recipes.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My best friend and I, during the stuffed hearts session at school, thought the meat looked so interesting that we ate a sliver each raw. A bit chewy, as I recall.
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our butcher always has liver (both calves and lamb's fry), and kidney, and he often has tripe. Neither of us has never seen hearts there. In winter, we may ask him to get some in and we'll try cooking them in the slow cooker.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We used to eat hearts, liver, kidneys as children. But Mr. C. has vetoed me cooking them for him (ewwwww). I do buy lamb's liver to cook for myself, though.

Strangely, he enjoys pate - made from chicken livers!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've bought some cod pieces (no sniggering please) with a view to making a fish pie. Does anyone have a recipe they'd recommend? Suggestions welcome.
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cod, salmon, prawns (or even mussel meat) or since your white fish isn't smoked, you could maybe use some smoked mackerel or kippers? I'd leave out the shellfish if so. White sauce with capers and tarragon. Chopped boiled egg. Spinach. Mash topping, plenty of butter and seasoning, breadcrumbs and a little (very little) parmesan and cayenne on top of that.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I've bought some cod pieces (no sniggering please) with a view to making a fish pie. Does anyone have a recipe they'd recommend? Suggestions welcome.

My standard MO is to poach the fish briefly in milk (usually in the microwave). Then make a roux with the fishy milk. Spike this with cayenne or mustard (or both), add the fish and tip into pie dish. While you were making the sauce, some potatoes were cooking, were they not? These you can either make into a smooth mash (flavoured with chopped scallion - or mustard, if you don't already have that in the sauce) or roughly sliced. Pile over fish and top with grated cheese. Bake until brown and bubbly.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mother-in-law's delicious recipe had crumbled up cheese and onion crisps on the top of the potato. It just added that perfect finish!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll go with Firenze's idea as a base as I have the ingredients in already, and chuck in some seafood/salmon along with the cod. Next time I'll give the tarragon and capers a go.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I usually use a lot of parsley in the roux, with an ordinary white fish (poached as in Firenze's version), and, if feeling posh, one or both of hard boiled egg cut into wedges and shrimp.
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I always go for a mixture of fish, prawns and hard boiled eggs. I don't bother poaching the fish but let it cook through in the sauce in the oven.

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I've bought some cod pieces ...

The piece of cod which passeth all understanding? [Big Grin]

I've never made a fish pie (D's not very keen, so I'd have to eat it all myself [Eek!] ) but if I did, I'd try and include some smoked cod or haddock as well, for extra flavour.

Over here, cod au gratin is very popular, and a good one can be delicious.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Well, I shall be making fish pie again during Lent. Thank you all - this is an enjoyably versatile thing to make.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I was once taken on a visit to St Augustine's Theological College in Canterbury by a friend engaged to one of the ordinands. It was Good Friday, and fish pie was served. And the piece of cod joke was made. And fasting was definitely not being done, as the young men were going up for second and third helpings.
I do find that fish pie is one of the two dishes which do not persuade me that I have eaten enough. I can go on until it runs out. (The other is lemon meringue pie.)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Lamb and banana, is, it turns out, something that can be successfully combined. I made an Ecudorean casserole - which starts out in the usual way, by sealing the meat, softening the veg (red pepper and jalapeño), adding the liquid (chicken stock and white wine) and then throws in a quartered lime. Balance this at the end of cooking with a mashed banana - and Shazzam!
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On fish pie, I'm with Jade - it has to have spinach: layer of fish and sauce, layer of spinach, crumbled hard-boiled egg, topped with mash (and I usually add 3 or 4 cloves of garlic to the potatoes and mash the whole lot together.

Serve either on its own or with baby broad beans.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Broad beans either double-podded (ie taken out of the pods and the pale green outer skin so you are left with the bright green inner beans) or very young baby pods left whole, naturally.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone know how well a home made quiche would freeze? As a single person, I don't like buying a bunch of ingredients and only using up half of them. I'm thinking of making a couple of chicken and asparagus quiches, eating one this week and freezing another to eat in a few weeks. Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quiche freezes perfectly fine. I freeze it in single portions and then can have one slice at a time.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I tend to make a large quuiche and cut it i9nto 6. 2 pieces will just about fit into a tub to go into the freezer, so we have three meals from 1 quiche.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Around here one can purchase a wide variety of frozen quiches. Freezing is no problem at all.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So I have a kitchen for the first time in ages. The other day I saw a recipe in the paper and said, ¨I could do that.¨ So I did.

Sweet-and-Sour Chicken That's a Little Less Sweet.

I think it's also the first time I've ever caramelized sugar. (Deliberately or not!)

Turned out pretty tasty. My flatmate agreed, and there are leftovers.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

An equipment recommendation rather than a recipe - my housemate got a ceramic frying pan seriously reduced at the supermarket (reduced from £25 to £5!). I've used it a couple of times and I must say it's fantastic. Conducts heat really well and evenly, and cleaning it is an absolute breeze. Best pan I've used in a long time. It's the Vita Verde brand but I imagine most ceramic pans are going to be very similar. Given how good ceramic-plated hair straighteners are, I shouldn't be surprised at how good ceramic pans are.

--------------------

Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tonight I made up a very cheats' paella. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that. (Not much in fridge or cupboard.) But it turned out rather tasty so I thought worth sharing.

Slice diagonally a spring onion and fry in olive oil. Add a chopped tomato or two and a little bit of salt. Stir around for a couple of mins then add 1/2 tsp smoked paprika followed by leftover cold rice. Stir. Add a few anchovies (the kind found in jars/tins of oil). Stir. Cook till rice heated through.

There was enough leftover rice for on. If you're cooking for more increase other quantities accordingly.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

This is in response to a PM I received - I thought I'd posted this recipe before but it didn't appear when I "searched".

Red Pepper Jelly

Makes 4-5 jars.

2 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup white vinegar
4½ cups granulated sugar
1 envelope Certo liquid pectin*

Heat 5 1-cup jars (one cup is about standard jam-jar size) and their lids in a 100ºC/200°F oven for about 10 minutes.

Puree the chopped peppers in a food-processor with the vinegar. In a large pot, mix the pureed mixture and sugar, stirring well.

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and continue to boil for ten minutes, stirring often.

Remove from the heat, add the pectin, and stir again.

Return to the heat, bring to a rapid rolling boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat, pour into the heated jars and cover. It'll keep for a very long time.

If you like a bit of heat, add a seeded, chopped red chilli pepper along with the bell peppers.

To serve, spread a layer of plain Philly cheese on a flat plate and a layer of the jelly on top, and serve with crackers. It also goes very well with Brie, or as an accompaniment to hot or cold roast meats, and a spoonful adds a certain je ne sais quoi to beef casseroles.

* Certo is the brand that was specified in the recipe I was given; I don't know if it's available across the Pond, but I imagine there'll be liquid pectin of some sort that'll work.

--------------------

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone know how long homemade meringues will keep for? Thanks

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Homemade meringues keep for a surprisingly long time, as dry meringues. They have to be stored an airtight tin or box and ignore them. But it's weeks, maybe months. We were always rediscovering them as children as my mother used to make meringues to use up left over egg whites from mayonnaise and would pack them away in boxes, using them when she needed them. It wasn't unknown to open the other two layers on the biscuit/cake tin to find a Pavlova ring and a layer filled with mini-meringues.

The sugar content works as a preservative the way it does in jam, the big problem is if they are open to the air they get damp and soft.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I thought of you talented people when I saw the Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year; all entrants here. I am starving now. [Smile]

[ 27. April 2014, 00:27: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

When making pavlovas or meringues. my mother used put them into a very hot oven, turn it off as soon as the temperature returned to the setting, and leave them there overnight. They cooked as the oven cooled: the small meringues to crispiness throughout, the thicker pavlovas still moist and mousse-like in the centre.

--------------------

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
I thought of you talented people when I saw the Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year; all entrants here. I am starving now. [Smile]

That is an awesome site, Ian!

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm trying to make these earth cup cakes but mine come out browner on top than those in the pictures. Any suggestions on temperatures (fan / non fan oven) and times?
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
... if [meringues] are open to the air they get damp and soft.

In the Cathedral Crypt tea-room they used to do little meringue mini-pavlovas (the size of a very small cup-cake), and because the summers here tend to be very humid they had the devil's job stopping them going soggy, even in air-tight boxes. Eventually they gave up and started doing mini-cheesecakes instead.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

In the last couple of weeks, we've discovered the delights of making our own French stick bread. It's absolutely brilliant - the bread-machine does all the hard work, but you get the therapeutic satisfaction of rolling out the dough, and it tastes magic.

And, unlike our previous bread-making adventures, this one worked splendidly right from the first time we tried it.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Is that baguettes, or those little crunchy breadsticks?
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

How on earth do you fit it into the oven?
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I need some input to help with something I bought at Aldi. Lemon flavoured pasta. Can't quite get my mind round savoury... Any ideas?
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love lemon flavored chicken with rosemary. Maybe you could combine the pasta with chicken and rosemary.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lemon pasta goes nicely with seafood. A clam sauce with parsley, garlic and clams or pasta with scallops and butter is yummy.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I love lemon flavored chicken with rosemary. Maybe you could combine the pasta with chicken and rosemary.

I was thinking of something similar. A creamy sort of sauce perhaps.
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I bought some goat cheese and just realised that the expiry date has passed. Does anyone have an idea for a recipe I could make? Generally, I use it in salads and have no hesitation about using a bit of it after the expiry date but this is the whole package so it would be good to use up quite a bit now and freeze it in portions.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Caramelized onion and goat's cheese tart is delicious, and can be served hot or cold, with salad. There should be no problem freezing it.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Chicken sounds good - though maybe my turkey stash instead? Don't do seafood, except prawns and shrimps. On the other hand, if it is anything like the wild garlic pasta, it might as well not be lemon at all. (Can't taste the ramsons.)
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

Turkey should be fine, as should prawns/shrinps. Pork is also usually good with lemon - maybe a lighter meat-based sauce using pork mince or sausagemeat? Onion, celery, carrot, garlic, herbs, white wine and tomato puree but no chopped tomatoes. Chicken stock if it gets a bit dry.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016