homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Snarky mousethief- -maybe , but the world is too chickenshit to tell him so. (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Snarky mousethief- -maybe , but the world is too chickenshit to tell him so.
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

- Posted      Profile for BWSmith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Net Spinster:
"...it is even more unfortunate that the city's white power structure left the Negro community with no alternative."

A white power structure with a black president?
Posts: 722 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

- Posted      Profile for BWSmith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by roybart:
... the Pope ...

Comparing me to the Pope? (I get that a lot.) Many thanks!
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BWSmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Net Spinster:
"...it is even more unfortunate that the city's white power structure left the Negro community with no alternative."

If you truly believe this one act signifies the end of a white dominated power structure, then you are an idiot even if you are not racist.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
That would be because you're not familiar with BWRacist.

Ah mousethief, I think I represent everyone here in expressing my sympathy for the humble eloquence expressed in your "Even-handedness" Styx thread.

Next time I catch people "piling on" you, I will intercede in your defense.

You're just a tender little guy making his tender little argument. There's no shame in that.

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

If you truly believe this one act signifies the end of a white dominated power structure, then you are an idiot even if you are not racist.
Oh whoops, forgot that his mother was white. Never mind...
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh whoops, forgot that his mother was white. Never mind...
Care to spark the gap between at least two brain cells and address the comment?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
roybart
Shipmate
# 17357

- Posted      Profile for roybart   Email roybart   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
It's a shock to see this 100+-year-old statement, uttered in an entirely different context over 100 years ago, dragged up here.

That would be because you're not familiar with BWRacist.
Another example of one of my mother's favorite maxims, "Live and Learn."

Actually, Mr. Smith's attitude has become more open, more aggressive in the U.S. in recent years. As are his arguments and the underlying anger. (These people are dancing in the aisles at recent Supreme Court decisions that essentially dismantle affirmative action and voting rights laws in states that want to get rid of them.)

It's sad, really.

[ 01. August 2013, 13:37: Message edited by: roybart ]

--------------------
"The consolations of the imaginary are not imaginary consolations."
-- Roger Scruton

Posts: 547 | From: here | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Care to ... address the comment?

No, because there is no "white power structure".

Race-based preferential treatment has been illegal since the Civil Rights Act.

If you can prove that it exists, take it to court.

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Mr. Smith's attitude has become more open, more aggressive in the U.S. in recent years. As are his arguments and the underlying anger.

Well, we have controlled our fear.

Now, we will release our anger. Only our hatred can destroy you.

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Only our hatred can destroy you.

Destroy whom, exactly?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Only our hatred can destroy you.

Destroy whom, exactly?
Darth Vader. Or also Darth Maul, or Count Dooku.

In general, whoever the current Sith apprentice happens to be.

(Yes!!! This is my 700th post! Thank you Hell! Woohoo!)

[ 01. August 2013, 14:27: Message edited by: BWSmith ]

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you even trying to make any sense?

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Are you even trying to make any sense?

Of course, I'm making perfect sense.

I (and people on my side of the aisle) am being accused of being "aggressive" and "angry" (despite the lack of any supporting evidence) followed by the judgment that my anger is "sad".

In reality, it is the left that lives and dies on anger and aggression. (You can always tell what the left is guilty of by the accusations they hurl at conservatives.)

I can think of no more apt metaphor for the situation than Darth Vader actively coaching Luke Skywalker on "how to destroy him" with anger and hate...

South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In reality, it is the left that lives and dies on anger and aggression. (You can always tell what the left is guilty of by the accusations they hurl at conservatives.)

Is this a more adult version of whoever smelt it, dealt it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it shrill in here?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:
Care to ... address the comment?

No, because there is no "white power structure".

Race-based preferential treatment has been illegal since the Civil Rights Act.

If you can prove that it exists, take it to court.

Wow! Technology is wonderfully simple when someone of your demonstrated limited intellect can manage to use it. Your ignorance is monumental. Truly a testament to the strength of the American safety net when so poorly equipped individual has not starved to death despite its lack of abilities.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Wow! Technology is wonderfully simple when someone of your demonstrated limited intellect can manage to use it. Your ignorance is monumental. Truly a testament to the strength of the American safety net when so poorly equipped individual has not starved to death despite its lack of abilities.

A simple "Your Momma" would have sufficed.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

Lauren Green's sockpuppet.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:

But even that would stretch your abilities to comprehend.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
[Killing me]

To put it into Star Wars metaphor he so obviously loves, Darth Darth Binks.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
quote:

But even that would stretch your abilities to comprehend.
I comprehended your momma last night. She said it WAS quite a stretch.
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
To put it into Star Wars metaphor he so obviously loves, Darth Darth Binks.

I see what you did there. Well played. [Overused]
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
BWSmith citing Booker T. Washington as precedent or justification for his views is right up there with saying "but some of my best friends are black!"

If you can't argue like a man, bark like a dog.

(Sorry Ruth, I didn't bring my tennis ball.)

Does arguing like a man mean spouting ill thought out shite? If so, Ruth can keep her womenly arguments.

[ 01. August 2013, 17:21: Message edited by: Rosa Winkel ]

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rosa I have to comment that it took me a while to realize I totally agree with that one.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa Winkel:
Does arguing like a man mean spouting ill thought out shit? If so, Ruth can keep her womenly arguments.

Rosa Winkel, "if anyone wants to call you a racist, I'll be on board with that. Though perhaps you deserve your own thread?"

(Does this count as well-thought out and 'womenly'?)

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:

And you are Huma Abedin's sockpuppet.
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Does arguing like a man mean spouting ill thought out shit? If so, Ruth can keep her womenly arguments.

Rosa Winkel, "if anyone wants to call you a racist, I'll be on board with that. Though perhaps you deserve your own thread?"

(Does this count as well-thought out and 'womenly'?)

Her sex has fuck all to do with her point.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I do not think RuthW's post was ill-thought. AS to its accuracy, I cannot attest. BWSmith is not prominent enough in my radar to make a conclusion regarding his being a racist, but the post containing the Booker T. Washington quote is ignorant, at best.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I do not think RuthW's post was ill-thought. AS to its accuracy, I cannot attest. BWSmith is not prominent enough in my radar to make a conclusion regarding his being a racist, but the post containing the Booker T. Washington quote is ignorant, at best.

And the 'your mom' attempted insult was juvenile at the least.

I myself am not terribly familiar with the person of BWSmith, but what I've seen I'm not interested in cultivating any more acquaintance because the ignorance has a significant whiff of douchebag-- unnecessary and contributing to the spread of dis-ease.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
BWSmith is not prominent enough in my radar to make a conclusion regarding his being a racist, but the post containing the Booker T. Washington quote is ignorant, at best.

(I WAS ignorant to have thought that the quote would go over well in Hell...)

Thanks for the kinder tone - I appreciate the good-natured sparring. (No hard feelings.)

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy:
I myself am not terribly familiar with the person of BWSmith, but what I've seen I'm not interested in cultivating any more acquaintance because the ignorance has a significant whiff of douchebag...

The person of BWSmith deeply regrets cultivating the whiff of douchbaggery upon your acquaintance and earnestly requests your forgiveness.

This is his first (and hopefully last) trip to Hell. He strives for more agreeable discourse in Kerygmania (and has learned to steer clear of Trayvon threads in Purgatory)... [Smile]

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
Her sex has nothing to do with her point.

I agree. I would have said the same thing were she male.

Anyone who prefers name-calling over discussion is a cynic (and deserves to be treated like Diogenes of Sinope).

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:

OK, you posted on lilbuddha's comment about 15 minutes after I posted mine, so you had to have seen it. It took you that long to come up with that?

And could you unpack it, please? Because surely someone who is as erudite and free from the urge to name-call without pristine clarity of focus can explain how I resemble Huma-forgod'ssake- Abedin. I'm not terribly insulted-- mostly because I have zilch in common with her, good or bad-- but she might start sending you hate mail.

In short-- your mama.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

KA, I began this post by admonishing you for insulting his mother when I realized he may not have one. I do not think BWSmith is a real person, but rather 3 monkeys.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

"Page could not be effin' found."

Way to go, LilB! [Overused]

--------------------

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

quote:
quote:
quote:

OK, you posted on lilbuddha's comment about 15 minutes after I posted mine, so you had to have seen it. It took you that long to come up with that?
Sorry, didn't know I was being timed. I'll try to do better.

quote:
And could you unpack it, please?

Sure, you're going out of your way to defend a Weiner.

quote:
In short-- your mama.

Nice! And your mama is fat. VERY fat.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh they are sooooo cute when they are first learning to insult battle, aren't they, Kelly?
(To BWSmith)
Awwww, who's the cutest, little fluffy wuffy insulter? You are! Yes, you are, yes you are!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

BWSmith
Shipmate
# 2981

Like I said earlier, "Thanks for the kinder tone - I appreciate the good-natured sparring. (No hard feelings.)"

Can we wind this down?

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Like I said earlier, "Thanks for the kinder tone - I appreciate the good-natured sparring. (No hard feelings.)"

Can we wind this down?

This is Hell. You landed here of your own volition.

Deal.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Can we wind this down?

I think you'll have to kiss the horns first...
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
BWSmith citing Booker T. Washington as precedent or justification for his views is right up there with saying "but some of my best friends are black!"

If you can't argue like a man, bark like a dog.

(Sorry Ruth, I didn't bring my tennis ball.)

So sad that you don't realize that you're the bitch. Oh well.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:

quote:
In short-- your mama.

Nice! And your mama is fat. VERY fat.
She is reading over my shoulder, She just grinned evilly and asked if I wanted her to sit on your head. She offered to eat an entire bowl of sauerkraut ahead of time.

My mom can be really, really cool sometimes.

[ 03. August 2013, 02:59: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Sure, you're going out of your way to defend a Weiner.

(sigh-- I am gonna hate myself for this one, but it's just too rich...)

This one stuck in my head because I could not figure out what the hell you were talking about, since my sole purpose in joining this particular leg of the thread was to laugh at what an idiot you clearly are. Then it occurred to me-- is he talking about Mousethief?

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

Hey, Mousethief! Smith thinks I'm going out of my way to defend you!

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

Yeah, because I am so notorious for kissing mouse ass, yep, that's me.

(That's not to say I don't love MT like a brother--in fact, if he was in the room right now, I would be high-fiving him over this one.)

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yeah, because I am so notorious for kissing mouse ass,

Why be content with mouse ass when there's ass ass?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Then it occurred to me-- is he talking about Mousethief? ... Hey, Mousethief! Smith thinks I'm going out of my way to defend you!

I took it to mean you were defending Anthony Weiner. There is no connection between me and Anthony Weiner. For one thing, I have never taken a picture of my Mini Me (or in my case, Micro Me).

quote:
Yeah, because I am so notorious for kissing mouse ass, yep, that's me.
I have met Kelly IRL before, and I can guarantee that her lips have never been anywhere near my patoot.

quote:
(That's not to say I don't love MT like a brother--in fact, if he was in the room right now, I would be high-fiving him over this one.)
And I'd happily make you a MT Cooler.

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
quote:
Yeah, because I am so notorious for kissing mouse ass,

Why be content with mouse ass when there's ass ass?
[Overused]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:
Then it occurred to me-- is he talking about Mousethief? ... Hey, Mousethief! Smith thinks I'm going out of my way to defend you!

I took it to mean you were defending Anthony Weiner. There is no connection between me and Anthony Weiner. For one thing, I have never taken a picture of my Mini Me (or in my case, Micro Me).

A sad loss to the internet world , MT. [Frown]

And for the record-- I can't remember saying a single damn word about Weiner, good or bad, at least on the Ship. So still in the land of WTF.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
I have never taken a picture of my Mini Me (or in my case, Micro Me).

A sad loss to the internet world , MT. [Frown]
With all the problems the internet world has, I'd say this one is tiny.

quote:
And for the record-- I can't remember saying a single damn word about Weiner, good or bad, at least on the Ship. So still in the land of WTF.
We're talking about BWRacist here. WTF is sometimes the only rational response.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016