homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 96)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  93  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, rats!!

Too much turkey to remember everything, I think! [Biased]

Quiz fun link!

[spelink]

[ 23. November 2017, 19:28: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least you remembered to do the quiz yesterday, unlike some people (cough). [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crikey - second place with a time of 80 seconds (was using the Tablet). Was also using the Guessometer. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Who the **** is Susan B. Anthony? And why did I change a right random guess about her middle name to a wrong one?

[Mad]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still trying to get used to this MacBook Air. Scrolling with 2 fingers vs with a mouse wheel will take some time.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nov 17

22 players played during the month.

1. Gussie (280 points, 6 wins)
2. TreeBee (266 points, 3 wins)
3. ceesharp (266 points, 3 wins)
4. wet_kipper (254 points, 8 wins)
5. jedijudy (244 points, 1 wins)
6. Jonah_the_Whale (241 points, 3 wins)
7. TheRogue (240 points, 1 wins)
8. piglet (201 points, 0 wins)
9. SidneyRip (197 points, 0 wins)
10. Loveheart (190 points, 3 wins)

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yippee I won for November! (and celebrated by startng this month by proving I can't spell).

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Sarasa! I’m amazed I came second as it felt like a duff month quiz-wise.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I reckon I was lucky to get into the top 10; most days I do the quiz either on our home computer (which is rather geriatric and for speed would make James May look like Lewis Hamilton), or on the tablet (which I haven't quite sussed how to move quickly on).

Oh and there was the little matter of forgetting to do the quiz at all on a couple of days ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
9th - most gratifying, especially since, like piglet, I missed a couple of days and am working on an antique machine.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

On which planet could that quiz have been considered "harder"? [Ultra confused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bottom of the pile! One answer I had no clue. The other one was so simple, that I clicked the very wrong answer!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Definitely not my finest hour today. I can only plead tiredness.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Got the wrong actress - I think the one I picked may have been the lady who played Daisy in the original TV series.

I'm old. [Frown]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Got the wrong actress - I think the one I picked may have been the lady who played Daisy in the original TV series.

I'm old. [Frown]

I knew it wasn't that one, because of the date of the movie, but that left 3 to guess from. And I got it wrong, too.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
the dukes of hazard question has come up ( and caught me out) before, so I remembered it this time

today's questions however - lots of US specific things. (my excuse)

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Blimey! For reasons I can't fathom the old alter-ego is (for the moment at least) top of the pile [Eek!]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Blimey! For reasons I can't fathom the old alter-ego is (for the moment at least) top of the pile [Eek!]

I would have been better if my computer had not decided to quit working at Question 8. [Mad]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Got the potential lady-vice-president wrong - thought she was earlier than she actually was.

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
Got the potential lady-vice-president wrong - thought she was earlier than she actually was.

Same here.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Its all the questions about US food weirdness that gets me.

--------------------

mrs whibley
Shipmate
# 4798

- Posted      Profile for mrs whibley     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, that was an odd one! (To Brits, anyway).

--------------------
I long for a faith that is gloriously treacherous - Mike Yaconelli

Posts: 942 | From: North Lincolnshire | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Absolutely - has anyone else here never had broccoli and cheese in a baked potato?

Or for that matter never seen The Little Shop of Horrors?

[Confused]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
Absolutely - has anyone else here never had broccoli and cheese in a baked potato?

[Confused]

Um, no.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Second place - that's better. I even got the right bloke from the Old Testament.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Piglet:

[Confused]
[/QUOTE

I got it wrong (jacket potato) because Wodders liked his with cauliflower, although Smudgie and I had a gorgeous one with broccoli at Painshill Park a few year back. We were so stuffed we had a bowl of soup for supper.

As for the movie, I think you have to be over 70. Just the thought of it gave me the shivers.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Now I think about it, broccoli and cheese in a baked spud might be rather nice - I've just never come across it before.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Got the questions just fine - but my mouse seems to be fu**ed so it gave me the world's worst time [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

getting my excuses in early today
I hate the "really easy" ones that have such long questions with obvious answers that by the time you're picking your result you have to read the question again to make sure it's not a trick

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yea and amen, WK. [Mad]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Chose a right answer, moved to the next question, then thought about it and went back to click a wrong answer. [Confused]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

To quote that fine chanteuse Britney Spears Ooops! I did it again [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Decided to have a go for the first time in ages... think my Guess-o-meter is working quite well for once! [Yipee]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer was indeed on very good form today, for which it will be rewarded with a large Highland Park.

[Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I really, really, really HATE quiz questions which are self-referential! [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's quite comforting to know that most of the other players hadn't a scooby about 'Murcan lady footballists either.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew that one. But had a brain fart about philosophers.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 40 seconds - I'll take that. Merry Christmas, fellow quizzists! [Smile]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Don't you just love it when you change a right guess to a wrong one and then change it back again??

[Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I am completely astounded. Still first place? Surely I did something wrong! [Biased]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

OK, tortuf...how did you get zero correct answers? [Eek!]

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It took a while. Some of the questions were harder to get wrong than others.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Stuff that - I had a Disney-related brainfart. [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 37 seconds and second place? That'll do nicely. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well, that was a bit rubbish. How should I know what sort of quizzes they don't have? Or for that matter, anything about whatever sport it is that needs a pitcher - championship Sangria drinking, perhaps?

[brick wall]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Just throwing out an idea - when we migrate to the new boards and the quiz continues, could we set up a new quiz with an administrator who posts currently?

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Dec 17

24 players played during the month.

1. Jonah_the_Whale (329 points, 4 wins)
2. Loveheart (305 points, 7 wins)
3. TreeBee (303 points, 3 wins)
4. ceesharp (280 points, 1 wins)
5. jedijudy (273 points, 2 wins)
6. Gussie (267 points, 2 wins)
7. piglet (238 points, 0 wins)
8. wet_kipper (233 points, 8 wins)
9. TheRogue (230 points, 3 wins)
10. SidneyRip (163 points, 0 wins)

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Just throwing out an idea - when we migrate to the new boards and the quiz continues, could we set up a new quiz with an administrator who posts currently?

That's not a bad idea - I haven't seen any posts from Jahlove for ages. Are you still thinking of Fun Trivia, or did you have another quiz site in mind?

As to last month's standings, 7th place and no wins seems to be more-or-less my default setting. [Big Grin]

[ 04. January 2018, 00:57: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

- Posted      Profile for aliehs   Author's homepage   Email aliehs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
how does one join in the new crew's quiz?

--------------------
Now I see through a glass darkly. Maybe I should clean my specs.
sld2A

Posts: 160 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  93  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016