homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 93)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Click for brain cell count here

You'd think I was making it a point of honour to get the questions about 'Murcan sports wrong ... [Mad]

[ 02. May 2017, 21:11: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was prepared for a 10/10 today, but somehow managed to scroll past a question. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Playing early gives one a very distorted view of how well one is doing!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At last I got 10!
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Strange that they can't mahage to spell the name of India's first female premier correctly.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
new month, so I thought I would join in

of course, it would help iof I then remembered to play every day [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I shouldn't worry, WK - you'll probably be fairly far up the leaderboard anyway. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Superannuated comics. [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Superannuated ethnocentric comics.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
YESSSSS! My alter ego is top of the leader-board; OK so only four players so far but still I'm chuffed [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone has to hold up the quizzers. My turn!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and we're all very grateful.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
memo to self, read the WHOLE question, even on the "easy level" days

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Who'd have thought I'd come to regret not watching The Dukes of Hazard [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As my dear departed mum always used to say before exams, "remember, dear, always read the question".

When the question says "isn't", don't read it as "is".

[brick wall]

[ 11. May 2017, 21:22: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Large dram of Highland Park for the Guessometer! [Smile]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Little Guessie was smoking hot today on Q 1 and 2

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Pete, it's still smokin' for me today!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to be doing OK after a while of not doing the quiz...

Guessometer even worked pretty well for me today!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think you must have tired it out. Who the hell's Andy Kaufman? [Confused]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, not so easy. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I noticed that Young Pete beat for time yesterday, hence:

NOTICE TO PETE: This is not allowed!

I think there is a particular exception made on page 3742 [appendix 9975] of the SoF-Funtrivia rule book!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's not often I break the 30-second barrier, but I did today. [Yipee]

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A (presumably USA) TV show that ran for five years three decades ago (and isn't Star Trek)- is Average?

Save me from the Hard ones!

Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer tried so hard to help me. Oh well.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, JJ, and I still managed to change a right to a wrong. [Frown]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

If I want to make an assault on the leaderboard, I must remember to play more often
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
If I want to make an assault on the leaderboard, I must remember to play more often

If I want to do make an assault on the leaderboard, I could try getting all the questions right. [Big Grin]

Mind you, the Guessometer was mostly working well today.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

at least your total score (from playing regularly) gets you there.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My time was somewhat jiggered today by D. phoning me in mid-quiz.

I can't blame him for me getting the fil-lum question wrong though ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If that was very easy, why is there no one under 45 seconds yet?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

ACK! I clicked the wrong one! I knew the right one! Ack!

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Been there; done that.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
If that was very easy, why is there no one under 45 seconds yet?

Fair point - I'm on 46 and in third place, and that doesn't happen very often.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Praise to the Guessometer!

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Fell over on the rounders question.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I managed it (with a lot of help from the Guessometer) but was completely rubbish on a couple of others, mostly due to not reading the question properly.

[brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

For the moment (until the speed-merchants get here) I'm in need of oxygen. [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Nicely done, Piglet! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

The guessometer was not my friend today
fastest 9/10 so far, though

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

Animals and animated movies. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

What happened to everyone today? I'm in 2nd place with only the top two having 10!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Not any more you aren't. [Devil]

A fat lot of good it'll do me - I'm going over to Scotland next Tuesday for a couple of weeks and won't be likely to have much in the way of computer access, so the one month when I might have got a Personal Best in the rankings I won't.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I dread the ones that say Very Easy as they so often give me problems - but today I managed.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I got three questions wrong today - ******* films and 'Murcan TV!

Mind you, I've just looked at the standings for the month and I seem to be at the top of them.

How the heck did that happen??? [Yipee]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

I'm in the lead early today, but I don't think 31 seconds keep me there.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sorry, but it didn't - but it wasn't me, honest.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Stupid error there - DUH!!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

gah - guessometer not helping in culturally specific advert questions !

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
gah - guessometer not helping in culturally specific advert questions !

Don't think I've ever got that question right. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016