homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Let's Bitch About the Weather! (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Let's Bitch About the Weather!
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2 to 3 inches of snow in the Atlanta metro area and the whole damn area comes to a screeching halt. What a joke! People already think the South is backwards. This debacle isn't likely to change their minds. Hey, and what the hell is with us 'mericans that we are now naming every single little snow "event" or rainstorm with a name? Yes, folks, continue to marvel at the ridiculous coverage of Snowstorm Leon!

Leon? This is so stupid and tiring... Jesus wept.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
panic is good for business! Terrified people are easy to control! if we give every storm a name, people will think it's going to kill them, and they'll panic, and do what we tell them, and buy useless shit! We'll name the storms, and we'll have special coverage, and we'll tell them over and over about how cold and snow can kill them!

and we'll laugh all the way to the fucking bank.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Comet, what I think Ruth is trying to convey, via sarcasm, is that God thumbed His nose at us with one hand and shook his dick dry over us with the other. In other words-- a pissing little trickle.

ah, good. I wasn't sure if I was meant to celebrate something that I'd consider a delicate moistening rather than rain.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
quote:
Comet, what I think Ruth is trying to convey, via sarcasm, is that God thumbed His nose at us with one hand and shook his dick dry over us with the other. In other words-- a pissing little trickle.

ah, good. I wasn't sure if I was meant to celebrate something that I'd consider a delicate moistening rather than rain.
Exactly the opposite of the weather today in South Wales. Rain to the bus stop, rain at the bus stop, rain from the bus stop to the office, rain from the office to the appointed place for Mrs Sioni to pick me up and take us to the Cardiff Park and Ride* where it was raining. Rained all day all round Cardiff.

*We think a "Park and Sail" might be in order.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
Hey, and what the hell is with us 'mericans that we are now naming every single little snow "event" or rainstorm with a name?

We should do that with rain in Britain for rainstorms. Have we got to Z yet? (Except in Sioni land where they are still on A. It has to stop raining before you can move on to the next letter for the next storm.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Rain to the bus stop, rain at the bus stop, rain from the bus stop to the office, rain from the office to the appointed place for Mrs Sioni to pick me up and take us to the Cardiff Park and Ride* where it was raining. Rained all day all round Cardiff.

Heh. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

I was amused that this mere moistening of the nearby mountains rated a headline.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

it's all relative. our headlines are about our RECORD BREAKING HEAT WAVE!

it reached SIXTY-ONE in Port Alsworth two days ago. OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

(seriously, it really does suck)

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
it reached SIXTY-ONE in Port Alsworth two days ago. OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Well, clearly it's a serious situation. It's wiped out all the penguins already.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penguins. Good one. [Snigger]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Been looking at floods today - our little local river is spilling out of its bounds into the old water meadows, and covering the road on the approach to the bridge by the ford. And the approaches to nice new houses in "The Meadow". The water is rushing downstream towards the town which was last flooded in the late 60s, down the bed which was so dry a few years ago that the water company had to plumb in a new supply from a perched aquifer a few miles away, in the process nearly wiping out a colony of glow-worms.
On one lane, a van had tried to get through what he must have thought to be a large puddle, apparently thigh deep, and the driver had to abandon it.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Groundhog day and Punxatawny Phil says six more weeks of winter. [Mad]

[ 02. February 2014, 17:02: Message edited by: Nicolemr ]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We (San Francisco area) could do with winter showing up in the first place (or at least the rain, we did get some cold earlier this season). It has been drizzling on and off all day and my nearest weather station has recorded 2/10 inch which is no where near enough.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The problem with celestial machinations is that there are too many chiefs and not enough braves. We got Jesus and Mohammed and Krishna and who-all beating their chests and demanding "WORSHIP Me!" when what we really need is a bunch of middle management drones to roll up their sleeves and freaking re-route the infrastructure.

To whom it may concern: send us Penny's flood!

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well we could try week by week a different deity.

Demeter seems good for a first try; unfortunately the details of the mysteries have been lost.

The beginning of a Homeric hymn to Demeter (495 lines in all):

I begin to sing of Demeter, the holy goddess with the beautiful hair. And her daughter [Persephone] too. The one with the delicate ankles, whom Hadês seized. She was given away by Zeus, the loud-thunderer, the one who sees far and wide. Demeter did not take part in this, she of the golden double-axe, she who glories in the harvest.
http://www.uh.edu/~cldue/texts/demeter.html

Given the last line, Kelly should play Demeter herself, axe in hand, looking for her lost daughter. Not sure who would play the other parts. However, this is probably more heavenly than is allowed on this board.

BTW the rain has now stopped and none predicted for several more days.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saw an interesting article in the paper the other day plotting the average rainfall in California back 2000 years based on tree rings and sediment deposits. It looks like things have been wetter than average in the last 200+ years of record keeping, and back around 800AD there were droughts similar to this one that lasted for 150+ years. So even with this drought being the worst in recordedhistory, it is still pretty mild by comparison.

Can't find the article online, but will keep looking.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Net Spinster:

BTW the rain has now stopped and none predicted for several more days.

GAAAAAHHH!!!!!

(swings double-headed golden axe around)

How can there be so many smutty clouds on the horizon and no rain!

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Net Spinster:
However, this is probably more heavenly than is allowed on this board.

This is the most entertaining post I've read all day. It's allowed.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear California and all other places experiencing drought
We have lots of rain here in ireland. Could we do a swap?
it's bloody wet
(actually the rain's stopped but if it starts again we'll have more flooding at high tide tomorrow morning I dare say)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a farmer on TV saying that his farm is 95% under water now - in Somerset. He also made the point that his septic tank is flooded, and this worries me, as the water table must be at record levels now. For those who don't know, septic tanks exist in rural areas to collect pee and shit, so if it floods, it ain't pretty. Normally it drains away into surrounding land, but a very high water table prevents this. Oh mighty Cthulhu, come to our aid, and send the pee and shit to central government.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Try singing "Our God rains" over and over.

Today, being my birthday, and the sum of the numbers, repeated until one digit remains, having risen to 5, I put on my wellies and splashed around on a sports field into which had spilled water from the river above the weir as it made its very long way round back. I was clean water, as a child imagines floods. There was a two year old being walked through by its Dad. Fun floods, not the desolating Somerset sort. They were talking cess pits in Somerset, as well as septic tanks. Worse, I would think.

Nobody's mentioned how they are getting the cows milked down there.

[ 03. February 2014, 18:59: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:

How can there be so many smutty clouds on the horizon and no rain!

... I can't tell you how galling today has been. Cloud cover from north to south, these big, gloomy, sullen looking clouds just hovering there, like they are saying, "Yeah we could rain, if we wanted."

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've been having fun with freezing rain here. Yesterday, the roads were slicker than owl shit, although the trees all looked rather pretty. It's been raining here all day, with temps hovering right around freezing, so that every now and then there's a tremendous crash as yet another chunk of ice falls off the roof, or another limb breaks off the trees in the front yard.

Sigh!

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To those suffering from an excess of rain: yes, please do send it to California--throughout the state.

Kelly--Re the clouds: maybe they're like the ones in "Close Encounters"? They hung around Devil's Tower, looking ominous and doing nothing. Finally, the scientists started playing the musical code--and the mother ship appeared out of the clouds, and roared the last notes.
[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
To those suffering from an excess of rain: yes, please do send it to California--throughout the state.

If I could, I would. I wasn't in the best of moods on my walk from the hospital to the office this morning anyway, and my brolly dying a spectacular death in the wind and leaving me to get drenched didn't do much to improve it.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It this carries on much longer my wellies will have to be removed by a surgeon.

Thank God for sailing foul weather gear.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the bright side, the Scottish parliament has passed the Gay Marriage bill up there, so they should get the shitty weather for a bit instead of us. [Devil]

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Could you come and pick it up? You may need several buckets.
(I'm just glad I live on the second floor on a slightly higher piece of ground)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.

marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

quote:

Could you come and pick it up? You may need several buckets.
(I'm just glad I live on the second floor on a slightly higher piece of ground)

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kelly:
quote:
... I can't tell you how galling today has been. Cloud cover from north to south, these big, gloomy, sullen looking clouds just hovering there, like they are saying, "Yeah we could rain, if we wanted."
"Dance, puny mortals! Dance!"

ETA: you can have some of our rain if you like. The water table is so high here we now have a pond at the bottom of the garden...

[ 05. February 2014, 12:34: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was caught out yesterday in a bloody #$%@#!*&@!! flood in Atlanta. When I left the house at the crack of dawn, the weather was cloudy but "warmish"--50 degrees Fahrenheit. However, as the day progressed, the temperature dropped and dropped and then the heavens opened and the wind blew all the damn rain sideways...into my face and everyone else's... yuck, what a cold, shivering, miserable mess I was in my soaked parka (gotta waterproof this really soon!) with a soaked backpack...ugh.

So, all you drought-stricken folks, I have a present for you. I shall squeeze out all my sodden clothing and backpack and the water accumulated will be enough to save California! Sure, it's dirty water with lots of lint and cat hair but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right? [Razz]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Promises, promises. [Disappointed]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

I'm supposed to be at a dance party on Saturday night.

The maximum temperature on Saturday is set to be 40 degrees C. The minimum on Saturday night is forecast to be 30 degrees C.

It's going to be hot just standing around, never mind dancing. Yikes!

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
I'm supposed to be at a dance party on Saturday night.

The maximum temperature on Saturday is set to be 40 degrees C. The minimum on Saturday night is forecast to be 30 degrees C.

It's going to be hot just standing around, never mind dancing. Yikes!

It'll just have to be in the nude again.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shipmate from Somerset here. It has rained and rained today, with more promised tomorrow, a pause on Friday and then another massive storm promised for Saturday with unsettled weather into next week. The River Tone in Taunton is not far off breaking its banks (although holding so far). Unfortunately all the muddy swollen river water speeding through town is heading straight for the Somerset Levels where the police have evacuated three villages. OK, this situation isn't of tsunami proportions, mostly it is fields and very small settlements rather than towns and cities getting affected, but this has been going on for weeks now. And when villages get evacuated it is getting serious.

Met a person today who had spent 3 hours getting to work (driving from Devon to Taunton, which should take about 40 minutes) because of the number of road closures. The Uriel family won't get flooded (we live far enough away and high enough above the river to be safe), but there is an awful lot of disruption down here.

And any Shipmates living in drought areas, come and get some water from us. You can take it for free, just turn up with a tanker and take as much as you want.

Posts: 687 | From: Somerset, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have enough water in Oxfordshire, thanks.

It's stopped raining for now but I'm getting a bit sick of what used to be fields and are now lakes with ducks sailing on them. I'm just dreading any more - it took me nearly 3 hours to get home tonight because of disruption on the south coast railway lines and I don't want to see any more underwater railway lines.

And the wind is strong enough tonight to snatch the breath from your mouth and the hat from your head, push you off balance on the pavement, shower it with branches, and send some advertising signs flying down the road.

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

in the teens (F) and we've had sunshine and bluebird skies for a MOTHERFUCKINGWEEK!

I'll just be over here feeling smug. don't worry, this can't last.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Where I live, the Christmas storms blew a branch down on a car, the owner of which is now claiming money from the responsible neighbourhood society, because the Chair told him we had had it surveyed and it had been assessed as not needing anything done until later in the year - we had arranged for it to be dealt with this week. He thus believes we knew it would be a hazard at Christmas, and the severity of the storms is irrelevant. He parked his car under a tree under those circumstances! (We do have insurance, and should be covered because of said expensive survey, but even so.)
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
However, as the day progressed, the temperature dropped and dropped and then the heavens opened and the wind blew all the damn rain sideways...into my face and everyone else's... yuck, what a cold, shivering, miserable mess I was in my soaked parka (gotta waterproof this really soon!) with a soaked backpack...ugh.

No kidding, this is exactly the kind of situation that would have me murmuring, "Least it's not a drought."

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whereas, in Caledonia Stern and Wild it's just been a bit dreich.

I remember when my FiL visited (very much a southern Englishman, and born before the 1st WW) even in summer, he would point at any cloud bank on the horizon and ask 'Is that snow?'

But I fear Fimbulvetr is upon us and Ragnarok not far off.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Sandemaniac:
On the bright side, the Scottish parliament has passed the Gay Marriage bill up there, so they should get the shitty weather for a bit instead of us. [Devil]

You'll like this then, which came up on the twitter feed of one of our clerical equal marriage activists....
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
QuietMBR
Shipmate
# 8845

- Posted      Profile for QuietMBR   Email QuietMBR   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fucking ice. Fucking, fucking, FUCKING ice.
Posts: 298 | From: Middle Atlantic, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slush and sleet and slop and slogging through it in boots that weren't waterproof enough. I spent the whole day at work with wet feet. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QuietMBR:

I would find that physiologically challenging. It would be more "FUCKING ice. Fucking, sort of rubbing, touching ice." But then I'm male...

Anyway. Rain. That's all. I mean, literally. Just rain...

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Slush and sleet and slop and slogging through it in boots that weren't waterproof enough. I spent the whole day at work with wet feet. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Don't worry, it will all freeze solid soon and then you won't be able to walk anywhere except where it was untouched. Ahh, the joys of winter in a place that floats up and down around the freezing point the whole season and turns every kind of weather into a mess.

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
quote:
Originally posted by QuietMBR:

I would find that physiologically challenging. It would be more "FUCKING ice. Fucking, sort of rubbing, touching ice." But then I'm male...

Anyway. Rain. That's all. I mean, literally. Just rain...

[Killing me]

There is not enough "OW!" in the world for that one. And I don't even have one.

What has gotten into you lately?

--------------------

Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[Killing me]

There is not enough "OW!" in the world for that one. And I don't even have one.

What has gotten into you lately?

One hopes it isn't ice. Because that would probably be even more painful.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

EVEN MORE OW!

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah,good old climate change.....

Here in Eldoret we've already had heavy rains which are not due for another month. The people are still preparing their fields and planting.This does not bode well for this year's harvest.

This weekend we will go to Turkana where the ***** stupid weather has meant no rain at all and once again they face famine.

I'm fuming with helplessness [Mad]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
EVEN MORE OW!

Not really... Read closely. "I would find that physiologically challenging. ... But then I'm male." [Devil]

More rain today. Maddening.

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016