homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd appreciate your prayers for M, a wonderful co-worker of mine whose younger sister died unexpectedly yesterday.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a lady called Jo and her family - husband and two daughters and her mother. Jo has been in hospital since June/July with various chest infections. She has "taken a turn for the worse" and has been transferred o another hospital. Her family are asking all friends to pray.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miss M, my nine year old granddaughter, will have her first chemo treatment for the recently diagnosed leukaemia on Friday. Depending on how this goes, she could be allowed home on Saturday. She's still extremely lethargic and has had a couple of transfusions in the last few days.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you could pray for my dear old friend George, who was killed by Islamist terrorists.

Poet, novelist, film-maker, ambassador, my bright and lovely friend, Kofi, hede nyuie, (safe journey).

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially all my fellow-Newfoundlanders affected by the power-cuts we've been having.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Heavenly Anarchist, for peace of mind.

For Meg the Red's M to be comforted in her loss.

For piglet and all fellow Newfoundlanders affected by power cuts.

For quetzalcoatl and all who mourn George. For the terrorists who killed George, for repentance and a change of heart.

For Lothlorien's Miss M, for healing.

For St Gwladys' Jo.

For Starbug, for Mr S, and for all facing either work or the lack of it.

For To The Pain's private intention.

And suddenly, a new plan... Please multiply my efforts.

For success of my project at work.

For G. For healing.

For the Telemum.

For keeping the Finance Monster at bay.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for this, Telepath.

Little Miss M is scheduled for first chemo on Friday. Wednesday down here now. Scan of heart muscle yesterday to be used as a baseline marker for the future showed a previously unknown hole in the heart. It hasn't stopped an active little girl in the past and nothing will be done unless it causes problems.

However, she developed pancreatitis yesterday with no apparent cause and has morphine through a central line for the pain. Chemo goes ahead regardless.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers would be appreciated for me and my wee S3 class. We have had many ups and downs, but I am very fond of all the vivid, funny, goofy people in the class.

We have had a difficult time this year with behaviour, stemming from one source in particular. I've done my best, and had lots of help, working on the relationships, and trying to make the atmosphere good.

Stuff just busts out though. I had to call the duty head today, and it turned out she'd already seen the pupil in question, Miss R, twice that day. I then had words with Miss R's 'follower', a daft lassie who has got caught up in Miss R's messed up agenda.

Wee follower said to me: "I hate this class. I hate the people. I'd rather sit in a room on my own and do my work."

It really saddens me. She wants it to stop, and she's pretty much the first to join in the minute it kicks off.

And I really feel for the rest of the kids, who are just trying to work away and get on with something and are so BORED with Miss R and her agenda.

Please hold us all in prayer tomorrow, when we are in the library just after lunch. I'm hoping that the good people from our Guidance department will give me a hand. Please think of:
Miss D and Miss J, two young workers.
Miss A, the follower.
Miss C, another follower.
Miss R, who is a hairdresser, but unfortunately has to be in full time education till she's 16.
All the boys, who sometimes join in but often just look bemused.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Thank you for praying for Mr Bug. He's feeling much better and should be ready to go back to work on Thursday.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

Thank you for your prayers, I intend to be a bit more of a regular on this thread again for the next little while.

I have had one not-negative response but I'm still feeling a bit fragile waiting for others.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a Presbyterian, I don't think St Anthony will listen to me. Could some kind Shipmate pray that we find an item which was deliberately placed in a "safe place" last August, by a family member who promptly forgot where that "safe place" was.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just heard that my cousin passed away this evening at 7.30pm. He finally lost his battle with cancer. [Votive]

I have had the task of informing my brothers. I am thankful that they were both able to visit him at the hospice whilst he was ill.

Please pray for my cousins and for his ex wife and three sons.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

The usual concerns. Guidance, clarity, some kind of help.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Nanny Ogg and her family as they mourn her cousin.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading. Praying.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those who are grieving.

[Votive]

To St Anthony, with thanks and appreciation.

[Votive]

For all intentions.

[Votive]

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aitzaz Hasan RIP [Votive]
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Little Miss M has her first dose of chemo for the leukaemia this afternoon.

The pancreatitis has been caused by the steroids she is on. If a balance can be found here, they will let her go home as we were told that her body will be used to bacteria etc in her own home.

As for the rest of us, it still feels as if we have been hit by a bus or similar. It is hard adjusting the mind to what will be the new normal, actually even finding out what the the new normal entails.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for young couple J and A who are expecting their first baby. A has just been taken into hospital with high blood pressure, and they are testing for Pre-eclampsia.

[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Silver Swan
Apprentice
# 17957

- Posted      Profile for Silver Swan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Christ Jesus came to be Immanuel, not a manual.

Posts: 33 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I may or may not have asked for prayer, having rather suddenly and impulsively jumped ship from the Church I have attended for some years, to attend my Parish Church. There have been issues, but I have many friends there. I know I have left some people feeling hurt and disappointed.

Tomorrow is the funeral of one of the older members of the Church, who I was fond of, and who was a great support when things were difficult at Church. ( A scandal, which I had to manage).

I need to go to the funeral, to support the family, and to say 'good-bye for now' to him.

Please pray that my attendence will not be a distraction to others, (particularly the Vicar!)

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cross posted with The Weeder. For comfort in the face of this loss.

For ArachnidinElmet's J and A, for a safe delivery.

For Lothlorien's Miss M, for healing and, most urgently, pain relief.

For Mad Cat's Misses A, C, D, J and R, and the boys too.

For the Quine family to find the thing.

For Starbug and Mr Bug.

For guidance for saysay.

For a good outcome for To The Pain.

For Aitzaz Hasan, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends.

For the Telemum.

For a few minor health issues.

For me to finish most of a thing this Saturday.

For bannination of the Finance Monster. (In December, I have to tax, reinsure, MOT, breakdown-cover, fully service, and renew the parking permit for my car. I also just had my annual brain checkup which is of course compulsory, unfunded, and entirely private. To prepare for all these wholly predictable expenses that hit every year exactly at Christmas, I was extra careful to make sure that I spent money like a drunken sailor ahead of time. The Finance Monster has set a formal table for 12, has tucked a napkin under his chin, and is licking his lips in my general direction. And yet my invitation seems to be lost in the post. Dear Miss Manners, should I be worried?)

[ 09. January 2014, 21:58: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please may I ask for your prayers?
Many things are causing me excessive stress and I'm starting to get too anxious to cope properly. It should all right itself but I need confidence and also calm to get through. The finance monster chases me a little which is also nerve wracking.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Telepath, just a suggestion - could you renew any of the car things for just six months instead of twelve? Then the annual payments could restart in June instead, to take the burden off Christmas.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here, specially Lothlorien's Miss M. I hope she was well enough to go home for a few days.

Could I ask for prayers for my friend K who started a new project this week and for me that things continue to go well at work, and that I manage to treat colleagues I find trying in a spirit of charity.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Thanks to all for prayers. First dose of chemotherapy seems to have been tolerated quite well.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016