homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH Vladimir Putin for saying that gays won't be persecuted at the Winter Olympics as long as they leave children alone.

[Mad]

Must be his weird way of inviting straight perverts to molest children.
You mean like, erm...
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
@ KLB - come on - you know it's about dangerous road users. And some of them are pedestrians.

@ Chive [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

You have all my sympathy. Even a prayer. Would a tens machine help?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by chive:
I'm aware I'm turning this thread into all about poor little me...

Fucking useless incompetent piece of shiteing cuntiefuckpig.

What saves you is that you are absolutely fucking GORGEOUS when you are angry. I believe the word is "phwooar!", right?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TIC to uttermost reaches of H church members with a sentimental attachment to musical instruments that no-one can play.
Yes it was lovely having our old organist's son come and play today. Yes it brought back some lovely memories. No there is nothing wrong with the organ, apart from the one fact that for 51 weeks of the year it sits there like a great big lump of wood being neither use nor ornament because (and this is the important bit folks) we don't have a fucking organist .
We do however need the space it occupies so stop telling me all about whoever it was that used to play it and either find us a new organist or let us get rid of the bloody thing.

ETA Thank you, I now feel much better.

[ 19. January 2014, 18:50: Message edited by: tessaB ]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
TIC to uttermost reaches of H church members with a sentimental attachment to musical instruments that no-one can play.
Yes it was lovely having our old organist's son come and play today. Yes it brought back some lovely memories. No there is nothing wrong with the organ, apart from the one fact that for 51 weeks of the year it sits there like a great big lump of wood being neither use nor ornament because (and this is the important bit folks) we don't have a fucking organist .
We do however need the space it occupies so stop telling me all about whoever it was that used to play it and either find us a new organist or let us get rid of the bloody thing.

ETA Thank you, I now feel much better.

I found a way around that at one church where I was the organist and the organ started to die. I didn't tell them about the cheap replacement options, I only told them about the expensive ones. I did, however, tell them about the digital pianos that were six thousand pounds less than the next cheapest option that I would consider... [Two face] [Two face]

On a church related note, however, TITCH preachers who say 'In conclusion' then go on for another ten minutes repeating themselves after their conclusion.

Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
David Silvester. Nasty hateful homophobic religious bigot.

But he's right! Have you not heard the forecast?
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
^ That link doesn't appear to be working. At least, not for me.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Coffee Cup
Shipmate
# 13506

- Posted      Profile for Coffee Cup   Email Coffee Cup   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
^ That link doesn't appear to be working. At least, not for me.

It worked for me, and is ace. Maybe try the non-mobile one? Unless soundcloud isn't Australia-friendly for (unknown) rights reasons?
Posts: 66 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Didn't work for me in Canada, either.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Strangely it works okay here in India and the one that follows on is also worth a listen.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nor in India. I think you and your fellow raj will just have to chortle to yourself.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Coffee Cup
Shipmate
# 13506

- Posted      Profile for Coffee Cup   Email Coffee Cup   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My conclusion at this point is that it works if you're from the UK, even if you're in the US or India, and if it senses a non-uk passport - hooray for visas (visae?) - then it's a no go.
Posts: 66 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Appropriately enough it works in other EU countries. Unless it's the passport sensing thing doing its trick.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, okay, thank you for all the 'technical support'. You'll be no doubt thrilled to know that it works on my home computer but not the work PC, even though they run the same basic operating system and are located in the same city.

It's very funny by the way. So if it works, I recommend it. If not, then buy a new computer. [Razz]

And because it's funny, I'm not going to go all Hellhosty on anyone for a questionable link.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
@ KLB - come on - you know it's about dangerous road users. And some of them are pedestrians.

The whataboutery that tends to result from any point a cyclist dare make about lifethreatening bad driving does make one a little - defensive.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee Cup:
My conclusion at this point is that it works if you're from the UK, even if you're in the US or India, and if it senses a non-uk passport - hooray for visas (visae?) - then it's a no go.

Works perfectly for me and I am in the UK.

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
okay, minions, cut the discussion of the link crap. no one is taking a poll.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the dickhead in the car in front who decided that they needed to overtake Celtic Knotweed (on her pushbike) on the single track bridge out of the village, then got up their own arse and started hurling abuse when she held her line.

I hope you get shunted by a juggernaut doing the same.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the nice young doctor who decided, for reasons that were not explained to me, to change the medication that has worked well for several years and instead to prescribe me something else that is known to exacerbate depression. Despite the fact that my previous visit to the doctor had been to discuss my depression.

Being off for a couple of weeks when work is really busy is not going to improve my relationship with my boss.

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the riot-inciting weather people on line and TV & radio.
Yes, it's snowing, cold & headed for 0° and blowing. But for Crisssake, who thought up naming winter storms & giving them a psychopath personality? "Winter Storm Janus Targets Millions" Give. Me. A. Break.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Migraines. That is all.

[ 21. January 2014, 13:21: Message edited by: Beethoven ]

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deep sympathy. Mine were never as utterly horrendous as I know they can be, but bad enough. (Now I only get occasional pretty fringes in the manner of Hildegarde von Bingen.)
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH mobile phones. This is the second time mine's decided to go and have an adventure somewhere without me. Someone's picked it up and turned it off: it's not ringing any more.

I have a basic sort of backup phone but I can't remember the number and can't find out how to get it, either. [brick wall]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I will second that, mine decided not to charge last night. So this morning I was faced with a dead phone. Unplugged it from the powersocket and replugged into another showed it was just sulking.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

- Posted      Profile for Francophile   Email Francophile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
I will second that, mine decided not to charge last night. So this morning I was faced with a dead phone. Unplugged it from the powersocket and replugged into another showed it was just sulking.

Jengie

Mine's been doing that. Sometimes it resolutely won't charge, other times it obliges. Can anyone explain the problem?
Posts: 243 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
JonahMan
Shipmate
# 12126

- Posted      Profile for JonahMan   Email JonahMan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Francophile:
quote:

Jengie

Mine's been doing that. Sometimes it resolutely won't charge, other times it obliges. Can anyone explain the problem?
Do mobile phone companies make more money when

a) their phones last for ever and ever

or

b) their phones go wrong with reasonable frequency, not badly enough to make people want to give the things up altogether, but so that eventually they buy a new one?

--------------------
Thank God for the aged
And old age itself, and illness and the grave
For when you're old, or ill and particularly in the coffin
It's no trouble to behave

Posts: 914 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH My Employers, who have decided that closing all branches at 6 pm due to the snow that is blizzarding down is "closing early". Thanks to my boss who is allowing me to leave at 5 so I have some chance of getting home at a reasonable hour tonight.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
I have a basic sort of backup phone but I can't remember the number and can't find out how to get it, either. [brick wall]

Call your landline from your mobile. 1471 the number.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Francophile:
quote:

Jengie

Not going to answer this here, but......

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:

Call your landline from your mobile. 1471 the number.
It did dawn on me after I'd posted that. Too many very early mornings; though some phones used to list the number somewhere in the settings which is what I was hoping to find.
pydseybare
Shipmate
# 16184

- Posted      Profile for pydseybare   Email pydseybare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I consign to hell potential employers who lead you on through 3 interviews and weeks of headache before telling you that, actually, they don't want to employ someone who has been out of work for years looking after the children.

Which they knew from the very beginning.

--------------------
"If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future."

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Where's John Waters when we need him so badly? (Not workplace friendly.)

[ 22. January 2014, 16:42: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH who or whatever attempted to spam my e-mail account so badly that my ISP locked the account and changed the password, causing me to have to call them and find out what was going on and changing my password.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the New Zealand Transport Agency for deciding it was appropriate at midnight and 3.30am to park a truck AT THE BOTTOM OF MY DRIVE ten metres from where I was sleeping that was so fucking loud the kid I went out to say 'WTF???????' to had ear defenders on. The kid, whose fault it was not, got off lightly. However I have sent an email expressing my opinion of NZTA to NZTA and politely suggesting they do something about that.
Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the weather in the Cotswolds which is resolutely refusing either to stop raining or to start snowing so that we can have a real bitch. But it will snow just when we have lowered our guard, and inconvenience us big style.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whatever crappy flu type virus is doing the round of our family. Yes, I'm bored of feeling ill now and would like to feel well so that I can look after the next member of the family who has just gone down with it.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH T-Mobile in the UK and their system for topping up mobile broadband, apparently designed to make sure you can't.

I ran out of credit on my USB dongle that I use for church. So, following the links that their webpage directed me to, I set up an account so I could pay for the credit. OK, except the website was down, apparently, when I tried to login with the new account. "No problems," thought sweet, innocent, little me, "I'll top up by phone." Which I did, managing successfully to put £30 on my account. "Great, this should work now," thought still sweet, innocent little me. Except when I tried to use the internet, like I'd just paid £30 to do, it still took me to the "You need to top up screen", except it was also telling me I had £30 on my account, but didn't tell me how I could actually use that I tried pressing the "top up" button but it didn't work. I tried re-booting, thinking that my work. Nope: still took me to the "You need to top up screen", which now told me I had no credit on my dongle.

Eh? What? What happened to the £30 I just paid?

Oh, and the webste's still down and I'm stuck in a queue to speak to someone to find out what happened to the £30 - don't have time to spend in a queue.

Which means I'm now using my smartphone as a mobile modem (which buying a dongle was supposed to avoid) and I appear to have lost £30, which I can't afford to lose.

If this is how T-Mobile treat their customers, then they can fuck off and I'll go elsewhere... [Mad]

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Apologies for the double post...):

Sent an email to their customer services department via the form on their website and guess what?

quote:
Please accept our apologies, we are in the process of improving our e-mail service, and cannot deal with your e-mail enquiry at this time.
[Mad] [Mad] May all their mobiles gain sentience and rise up against them.

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
First world problem, dearie.

Websites do crash. You haven't lost your 30 quid. It will just take a day or so to process, due to technical difficulties.

That's life. 30 years ago, you wouldn't have had a dongle to use for church (god, 30 years ago, if you'd said dongle in church, you'd have been arrested). But if you had one and you wanted to top it up (another arrest), you'd have to queue up at the bank to get cash out of your passbook account, then queue up at your (non existent) dongle provider to pay up your account and then three days later, you could use your dongle again.

Just be happy you even have a dongle. Read your bible if you have nothing else to occupy you while you wait for your dongle top up.

[ 24. January 2014, 10:00: Message edited by: Left at the Altar ]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

Well, gosh - I didn't realise there was a minimum threshold of seriousness before one could post in TICTH. I'll remember that in future, thanks for the tip-off...

Look, I'm hardly over-burdened with wealth at the moment (like a lot of people, I know) and am not exactly thrilled at £30 simply floating away into the ether either. It wouldn't be that bad if they were easily contactable to discuss the issue - but they're not. It's not just the website: it's pretty much every form of getting in touch with them being nigh-on impossible that's so. darned. frustrating.

And yeah, there are people with worst problems than mine. Much worse. Yesterday I was talking with one of the members of my church whose partner's just been diagnosed cancer but they can't do any more tests to see how far it's spread for another 2 weeks - that's hell, real hell. Compared to them, my problem is as nothing. I'm not so self-obsessed that I can't see that.

But, it's a pain in the arse, it's frustrating when I'd spent the best part of an hour (which should have been sermon preparing) trying to top the thing up, only for it all to go pear-shaped right at the death and it's even more frustrating that no one at T-Mobile will even acknowledge there's a problem.

And I do read my Bible. Regularly.

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

Good. I'm sure there's a passage in there somewhere to help you.

Sorry to trivialise your frustration. It would give me the shits too. But, you know, it could be worse. It'll blow over.

And hey, as a bonus, you got to snark at me. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aw, just listen to the poo' widdle sensitive flower. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Good. I'm sure there's a passage in there somewhere to help you.

Sorry to trivialise your frustration. It would give me the shits too. But, you know, it could be worse. It'll blow over.

And hey, as a bonus, you got to snark at me. [Big Grin]

I know, I know... and yeah, apologies (am I allowed to do that here?) for the snark - just was glad no one walked by the office here when there was some very un-ministerial language being used when the money went missing...

--------------------

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

I love a cussing clergyman.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH earache. Just when I though this flu bug might be moving towards the exit I now have horrid pulsating painful earache which is making me feel nauseous.

I've really had enough of feeling crap now and would like to be able get on with life and do fun things, like, my tax return or something...

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Stumbling Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 7637

- Posted      Profile for Stumbling Pilgrim   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stejjie, you should have a look at the Facebook pages of Tmobile and their associated companies. There's been no way to contact them by email for the best part of a year now, and the disappearing credit is a recurring theme. You are not alone! (says somebody who would have CTH one of their associates had the thread been available when they were depriving me of the use of a phone)

--------------------
Stumbling in the Master's footsteps as best I can.

Posts: 492 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
anyone else read or hear the word "dongle" and immediately picture a penis?

anyone? Bueller?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the bank down here with the dragon.

Son has enough troubles without his old car being terminally ill. He needs it to get to Children's hospital where young daughter has leukaemia.

He has found one and agreed to buy it, to be collected Tuesday evening after long weekend down here for Australia Day.

I lent him enough to buy a reliable car and transferred the money as a direct deposit on Thursday. Nothing showed up yesterday so he rang bank. They told him holiday weekend messed things around and it might be there by Wednesday next week. So Mum gets no interest, he gets no interest? He asked if the dragon gobbled the interest? Silence on the phone.

I can see the little old man hobbling to my bank and slowly carrying the amount in hand to his bank. Actually the banks concerned are from the same family. Six days for a computer transaction to be accomplished? No way.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Staying connected." When did that become such a great thing? I go out to get away from the phone, why would I want to take one with me?

Does anyone but a few professionals or chronically ill people really need a mobile? Throughout 34 years of marriage I've never once needed to call my husband at work, call anyone from the store, or call my mommy from school. Now we have a generation of kids so lacking in poise they can't make casual conversation, or even just sit and stare, in the waiting rooms, or cashier lines of life. No, they have to be on the phone with their friends all the time.

Last month, I experienced the dire occasion all my friends say is the reason they have a cell-phone. I had a minor car wreck. I managed to discuss the situation with the semi driver who took out my tail light and go on with life without calling anyone. If my car had been incapacitated, I'm sure the police would have either taken me home or called someone for me.

But owning cell-phones are my friends' decision and if they want to bother with them that's fine with me -- except-- now that they have the things they seem to think they must use it all day everyday.

I heard my landline ring at 7:30 this morning as I was stepping into the shower. As it was my day for detailing myself and the bathroom, I was in there for an hour and a half, rushing the whole time,as I worried about the call. The message was for my husband who had left at 7:00. It was Edna telling him she wouldn't be at this morning's choir practice. She mentioned she had already called the pastor. I expect she called everyone in the Choir and Praise Band. Just. because. she. could.

To Edna and most of the people on the other end of the majority of our calls, I would really like to say:
You could have not called.

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Now we have a generation of kids so lacking in poise they can't make casual conversation, or even just sit and stare, in the waiting rooms, or cashier lines of life. No, they have to be on the phone with their friends all the time.

Totally agree. The depressing thing is they mostly don't even talk to each other on these phones, it's text text text all the way. It's taken communication out of real time and added a layer of distance and virtuality to it.

The thing I really miss about not having my phone any more is the ease of being able to check the public transport travel situation when on the move. All else can usually wait until I get either to the office or home.

And TICTH the mobile phone company's pricing scheme. Apparently I can't just go in and buy a replacement handset for the one I lost and wait for the replacement sim card to arrive in the post. If I buy the handset in advance it will cost me £30 extra because I will have to buy it as a new phone instead of an upgrade, and have compulsory credit top-up.

[ 25. January 2014, 15:29: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016