homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cut MPs to fund parties - Tories

[Confused] Are they proposing to use blood as a currency?

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:
Originally posted by Keren-Happuch:
Five in court over kidnapped boy
One of Enid Blyton's lesser known works.

[Killing me]

I am now on the lookout for a corresponding "Seven" title...

Seven 'planned UK terror campaign'... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Supervised self-harm plan praised

[Eek!] Do they want to check to make sure it's done properly?

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clue to slow human bird flu jump

Rearrange these words...

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doubts cast on oily fish benefits

Are these benefits for oily fish only or benefits for all fish which have been spoiled by oil?
Why can't they just get a job? [Smile]

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Psyduck

Ship's vacant look
# 2270

- Posted      Profile for Psyduck   Author's homepage   Email Psyduck   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great Gumby:
quote:
Clue to slow human bird flu jump

Rearrange these words...

I know it doesn't by I keep checking this to see if it does actually have all the letters of the alphabet in it. Like "Cwm fjord bank glyphs vext quiz."

--------------------
The opposite of faith is not doubt. The opposite of faith is certainty.
"Lle rhyfedd i falchedd fod/Yw teiau ar y tywod." (Ieuan Brydydd Hir)

Posts: 5433 | From: pOsTmOdErN dYsToPiA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Life for wife who killed husband

Well, I guess that's why she killed him, innit.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Rocket aims for low-cost flights

'RyanEasy to flight control, we're being attacked...!' (I should hope not!)

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

From BBC Scotland:

Stephen spells out 'new localism'

N-E-W L-O-C-A-L-I-S-M?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
France hit by mass job protests
[Paranoid]

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

BBC used to entice cyber victims

But has now promised not to do it again. [Killing me]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Rice and Straw arrive in Baghdad

Where they meet Pasta and Orange Jooz - and the adventure continues.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Smashed antique vase man arrested

So many possible readings...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Palestinian heads attack aid cut

What a brave man! They really need to cut any attack aid. [Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Pressure on Bush in leak row

He needs to go the bathroom.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
China agrees to car parts talks

"Clutch, meet alternator - I'm sure you have a lot to say to each other".

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Birdseye

I can see my house from here!
# 5280

- Posted      Profile for Birdseye   Author's homepage   Email Birdseye   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Water jets clean hose ban offices

BBC resort to stream of consciousness as river of inspiration runs dry.

--------------------
Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans.
a birdseye view

Posts: 1615 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Queen 'will do her job for life'

Any life, or a specific one? I'll stick with being paid in cash, I think.

Middle-aged 'still enjoying sex'

No particular comment to this one, but is it really news? [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Iraqi Shia bloc names PM choice

Makes one think - looked like there was a missing letter: a name bloc(k)er?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

From BBC Somerset:

Phoneline to reduce bad behaviour

Baaaaad, baaaaad phoneline! Now stick to what you've promised! (Tabloid headline: 'Phonelines gone bad' [Biased] )

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tigers condemn 'genocidal' attack

Meow.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Genetic breast cancer drug hope

Aren't all breasts genetic? (except for the silicone ones...) [Confused]

[ 01. May 2006, 15:59: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

just one of many in this catagory lately:
Enron's Lay leaves witness stand

it just makes me laugh.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Chinese install second bishop

An alternative to Windows?

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple from that golden mine of the ABC offbeat feed:

Crocodile steals man's chainsaw

Animal activists' abattoir protest backfires - this one is just funny, with a cruel sense of justice thrown in for the ordinary working class.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vatican anger over China Bishops

Noooo!! They have to be real people! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Killing me]

And a new one here:
Rescue copters private bids plan [Confused]

Eh?? - Well, at least it ain't 'private bits'...

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

Rubbish fire hits rail services

Presumably they'd run much better if they had top-grade fire, instead of this poor quality stuff.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eurovision battle begins in semis

I have visions of Cliff Richard and Abba throwing various pieces of middle-class suburbian furniture at each other.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

US Shares Rally After Tricky Week

would our UK friends like some of this Rally? it's yummy...

[eta:
India Beat Windies

it sounds like code for gas.

[ 20. May 2006, 00:31: Message edited by: cometchaser ]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser:
US Shares Rally After Tricky Week

I hadn't seen your post, but rushed here to post the latest version

US shares flat after tricky week

I knew the budget defecit was huge, but are they forced to take in lodgers now?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

'Bin a knife' amnesty under way

High time: Bin a-laden way too long with this.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Famous consecutive BBC RSS etc...

Gay groups to defy Moscow ban

Egyptian judges come out in force

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tailoring lessons for every pupil

In my day it was called "Needlework".

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Swans miss out on top tier spot

Ducks, on the other hand... [Roll Eyes]

(Link: here)

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Ha! Found another one:

Israel jets bomb bases in Lebanon

Why does Israel 'jet' 'bomb bases'? Doesn't sound really helpful. Or do they 'base' in Lebanon? Hm. [Paranoid]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Bush swears in new CIA director

I just knew they all had a little man in their head telling them to do naughty things!

--------------------

Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Farmer is mauled by 47 stone pig

That'll teach him to feed it complan

M

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Reuters Oddly Enough RSS feed reports...

Fans bid for hangbag that made rugby player cry

I knew AFL guys were tougher!

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not an RSS feed but from the beeb and it did crack me up:

The council has apologised for any resulting confusion and said its erection was unfortunate timing. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of my favorites: "Bush promises to win war he previously called unwinnable".

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Lords' Saudi 'torture' ruling due

Actually, misread this as Lordi's... from Eurovision Song Contest - thinking, hey, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

From the Reuters 'Oddly Enough' RSS feed comes this little gem:

Bulls get simulated cows at farmers' fair

Well, I guess kiwis need something to keep them entertained when sheep erotica is no longer good enough for them.

[ 14. June 2006, 07:47: Message edited by: the giant cheeseburger ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

For our football fans:

Owen prepared to sit on the bench

Took him many years of intense training - now he can! [Snigger]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

In the "macabre discoveries" department:

Brazil finding feet, says Perreira

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Sisters lose second coming cover

Weeeeeeeeeell, what could this be about? Mysterious, as it is, innit! - But please read on:

quote:
Insurers have withdrawn the cover on their virginity taken out by three sisters in the event of the second coming of Christ.

Essex-based Britishinsurance.com confirmed it had provided the £1m policy, but said it was reviewed on Thursday following complaints.

[...] The cover was meant to pay for the cost of bringing up Christ if one of them conceived immaculately.

From BBC News

[Ultra confused] [Killing me]

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Man held over Iraq shrine bomb

A sort of sword of Damocles in reverse...

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Cool light leads to greener chips

"If you turn on the blacklight, dinner looks trippy..."

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Impotency rub-on gel developed

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016