homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines! (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  24  25  26 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Famous BBC RSS Feed Headlines!
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
E.coli butcher jailed for a year

'He's butchered E.coli! - Now he's in jail! - We say: Serves him right! - More on page 2 of The Daily Gore'

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leaking Drains 'Caused Outbreak'

first a dribble, then the pressure built up and KABOOM!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm terrible...

Fears Growing for Missing Fossett[/b]

[i]"I came home after work, and all that was left was the basin and the little knobs. But I didn't report it right away. You know, it might have just gone out with some friends, like the toilet plunger or the tub drain. I didn't want to make nothing of it. But it's been days, and I haven't been able to brush my teeth!"

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

%^&^%&*&^*(&*)( code. sorry.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice to see you back here, comet [Smile]

Top "Tayside and Central" story today:

Pupil attack claim enquiry plea

(or: how long a sentence can I make using only nouns?)

Happy belated second birthday to this thread [Yipee]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A batch from the BBC news front page where there seem to be words missing or something!

Pope demands Sundays respect

Eat well cash for mothers-to-be

Afghan bombers "foreigners" - UN

[Confused]

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not an RSS feed line, but I was amused when I read in the Guardian Weekly:

French use baguette as stick to beat Sarkozy over prices [Big Grin]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Offer to quit in India gods row

Vishnu will accept demi-divine status in return for a "golden apocalypse" departure payment.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Tackle Zimbabwe - archbishop

and the bish takes an entire country down....

South Africa deny battling Tigers

what tigers? oh those tigers... I wasn't near them at all, you can't prove a thing!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Madonna 'talks peace with Peres'

News at 10 - Peres had vision, converts to Christianity!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Not a headline, but a classic blunder in an article on illegal border crossing attempts in Cherbourg currently in 'most read stories' here:

quote:
The mayor of Cherbourg has vowed to ask ministers for help in dealing with immigrants in his town who make daily attempts to smuggle themselves to the UK.

He came scampering up a side street just before midnight. He paused for a moment, glanced left, then right. [etc]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

over in Hell Foaming Draught linked to a deeply disturbing story about a guy masturbating with a vacuum cleaner and the toilet duck. (yeah, just had to share that image, thanks) on the page with the article was a list of the top Australia national news stories. some were predictable
quote:
Lesbian IVF case divides community
some disturbing but not unheard of
quote:
Boy, 6, accused of sex abuse
and some, were just perfect for this thread! [Big Grin]
quote:
Pumpkin's mum wrote of affair
Dear son,
I should have told you this long ago. your father was actually a summer squash....
quote:
Our boob-job warriors: ADF defends breast enlargements
sub: ample breasted women to protest in front of the capital; record number of male supporters expected to attend

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Firefox latest headlines list has:

'Hobbit' wrists 'were primitive'

Obviously they hadn't been using them enough...

--------------------

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Church gives birth to baby girl (BBC News)

Mind-boggling! That's what I call a real community effort! Praise Almiiiiiiighty God! [Cool] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

BBC unearths new phone in fake

Ha! Gotcha, BBC! - A most mysterious headline due to the omission of a hyphen! Aha!

[Afraid it's been added since... [Frown] ]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Blackwater boss grilled over Iraq

Well I guess it's pretty hot there, and heat rises...

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

A previously unheard of Enid Blyton story has obviously come to light:

Five held over Paris Monet attack

(shame about the picture though [Frown] )

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Wildcat strikes plague Royal Mail

One should think they'd be pleased to have fewer attacks on posties for a bit!

(Ok, I'm rather easily amused. [Big Grin] )

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Moon jets pinned on 'tiger stripes'

makes no sense, but fun!

and, yes, my mind is really, really in the gutter. because I read this
Blow for defiant Zimbabwe farmers
ALL wrong... [Eek!] some serious perks for farming in Zimbabwe.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Skies to be swept for alien life

Those 'how clean is your house?' women get everywhere...

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Boxer Amir Khan jumped a red light and knocked down a pedestrian, a court hears.

Pretty self-explanatory. Jump! Wham! Outch!

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Elephants sense 'danger' clothes

When you're a certain size, it's good to know what not to wear.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Bug Hospital Chief Pay Withheld

board makes discovery: he's a bug.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man who had sex with bike in court
Couldn't he find a better place?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Toilet conference opens in Delhi

They wanted a larger meeting room but all they could afford was a toilet.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Ill Meat Loaf Scraps European Tour

I hate it when my dinner goes off. Then again, I've always been told meatloaf doesn't travel well.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Flooding "may put lives at risk"

In other news, the sky is blue.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uganda Rebel leader "is not dead"
- Well, he will be soon, he's very ill
- "I'm getting better"
- No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

UN chief makes Antarctica visit

Case of Mohammed expecting mountain to come to him, perhaps?

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
US visitors to London remain high

.... must be something in the water.

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Concern grows for smallest bear

Paddington, where are you?

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Breakthrough in primate cloning

The Archbishop of A, B, C, D, E...

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Australians named worst emitters

Cor, Bruce, that was a real stinker!

--------------------

Pre-cambrian
Shipmate
# 2055

- Posted      Profile for Pre-cambrian   Email Pre-cambrian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Howard Acts on Foreign Sex Tours

Conjuring up unwanted images of a former British Cabinet Minister [Eek!]

--------------------
"We cannot leave the appointment of Bishops to the Holy Ghost, because no one is confident that the Holy Ghost would understand what makes a good Church of England bishop."

Posts: 2314 | From: Croydon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

More cash to beat school bullies

Beat the bullies before they beat you. Here, have a load of coins to dump on 'em.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cheating slightly - spotted on Cricinfo this morning.

Ntini removes Papps early

The bind moggles....

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Polish President Lech Kaczynski swears in new government.

I'm not surprised he's having a tantrum - he hated to see his twin brother leave.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Spice Girls open Children in Need

Sounds rather gruesome, but I suppose perfoming surgery without a licence might be ok if it's an emergency.

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Tutu chides Church for gay stance

Take that hand off your hip and stand up straight at once!

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

French 'could have saved Diana'

Language skills always come in handy. [Snigger]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Stricken Antarctic ship evacuated

Happens to the best of us when we're really scared...

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
French 'could have saved Diana'

Language skills always come in handy. [Snigger]

[Killing me]

--------------------

Esmeralda

# 582

Power vacuum threat for Lebanon

James Dyson finds the Middle East a hard market to penetrate.

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not RSS, but the two 'most emailed' stories at the mo are:
quote:
1. Billie Piper to return to Dr Who
2. Tenant demand at 'five year high'

[ 27. November 2007, 13:54: Message edited by: Hazey*Jane ]

Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not the BBC but MSN's news headlines

"Prime Minister Gordon Brown has come under fire from some of the country's most senior military figures."

clearly there is a need for better training.

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Petrified:
Not the BBC but MSN's news headlines

"Prime Minister Gordon Brown has come under fire from some of the country's most senior military figures."

clearly there is a need for better training.

If they are using standard military hardware (SA80 rifles, 105mm howitzers), he'll be fine.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

# 582

Rudd takes Australia inside Kyoto

Surely this is taking reorganization a little far? (and how would it fit?)

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Climate cause fires ice cream guru

Errm... [Confused]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

MPs call on BBC to open accounts

With Northern Rock? Revenge for BBC reports on lost data CDs?

--------------------

Archimandrite
Shipmate
# 3997

- Posted      Profile for Archimandrite   Author's homepage   Email Archimandrite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meteorite dates lunar volcanoes

Two-timing bastard.

--------------------
"Loyal Anglican" (Warning: General Synod may differ).

Posts: 1580 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  24  25  26 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016