homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Hell: Calling Erin to Hell (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Hell: Calling Erin to Hell
Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and just in case you've never clicked on the Organ Fund banner...
quote:
The Organ Fund is a voluntary fund, open to donations from all shipmates. Think of this site as shareware. If you enjoy coming here regularly, then maybe you'd like to think about contributing. You can play an important part in establishing Ship of Fools as a permanent feature of the Internet.
Face it, folks. Where else on the web can you have the fun of being rude, obscene, and vulgar, yet still tell your other half you're spending quality time at a Christian™ web site?
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
logician currently goes by the name Assistant Village Idiot, I think. Though he hasn't posted for a while.

And, Norman is right ... that quote of Erin certainly implied someone still posting. Though there are some definite former Shipmates who'd qualify as well.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey hey! Has the abuse gone quiet? I reckon, all who got some abuse in on the Chinese Crested Bitch (only in the nicest possible way, Twilight dear) should coff up the doe. The Pain Pig has paid for her pleasure. Time for youse to, too.

[I reckon I know who is the lucky shipmate. But then again, (digs around in trivia repository) I have this privileged piece of trivia (waves around the red satin covered mystery sentence) as evidence.]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is someone who is active on the boards. So now we have:
  • Lifeman
  • hermit
  • Fr Gregory
  • Kyralessa

Time to eliminate another one... this time a newcomer. It is not Kyralessa.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
after some more scouring of Erin quotes...

In that quote I posted above, Erin also implied (at least I think she did) that the mystical fourth member of the "most retarded people on the boards" posse would also be the kind of person to dogpile in the way demonstrated by Sasha/Twilight, Spawn and Ley Druid.

So my question for you, Erin, is: would this King Retard be the sort of person to engage in this behaviour as well?

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and Kyralessa gets thrown off the island.
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Norman the Organ:
So my question for you, Erin, is: would this King Retard be the sort of person to engage in this behaviour as well?

Only when it is me. That's why I'm shocked that s/he hasn't put in an appearance yet.

--------------------

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, so we are looking for an active poster who hates Erin and whom Erin hates?

Anyway, it is either Lifeman or John Boot

(yes, my first guess was wrong, yes, I have made a donation)

(edited to remove redundant question caused by cross-posting with Erin)

[ 04. April 2004, 13:59: Message edited by: Papio* ]

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

The finalists appear to be:
  • Lifeman
  • hermit
  • Fr Gregory
  • John Boot
Time to eliminate... hermit. Wasn't he the one who started the gun thread in Heaven? That endeared him to me forever. [Smile]

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Ooh. JohnnyBoyo. Gee, that's tempting.

No, I'm sticking with my first pick. You've got to follow your instincts in these things.

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have settled on John Boot. Esp as, being the suck up that I am, I know Erin dislikes fence sitting [Biased]

so, I am going with John Boot

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is the answer going to be our special easter message from Erin I am wondering?
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember one of Erin's replies to the king of comedy that is Lifeman in a Hell thread about Palestine / Israel. It left in me in no doubt about her true thoughts on the subject of his immortal soul, his capacity to rub two brain cells together and doubts about his ability to do anything but send the gene pool in to a terminal spiral.

A different league from her usual charming banter.

In my mind there is no doubt.

He is the fourth rider of the Apocalypse. Is the end nigh?

I think when we know them all we should have a sweep stake of the order.

P

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
  • Lifeman
  • hermit
  • Fr Gregory
  • John Boot

Didn't Tom Day put his money on Ender's Shadow?
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Actually, this is more like "The Apprentice" than "Survivor". Erin does have some similarities to The Donald. It's no stretch of the imagination to hear her saying "You're Fired!"
Ronist
Shipmate
# 5343

- Posted      Profile for Ronist   Email Ronist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Father Gregory has got to be a gag candidate like Mr. Peanut or Zippy the circus elephant. I mean he uses very large words but there is no way he dog-piles the gator.
Posts: 827 | From: Vancouver Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
IntellectByProxy

Larger than you think
# 3185

- Posted      Profile for IntellectByProxy   Author's homepage   Email IntellectByProxy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix.:
now what about the croc?

Alligator. Look at the teeth.

Lifeman's surely not the fourth of four, yes he's a dickhead but one of the four worst?

So...Fr Gregory.

[ 04. April 2004, 16:39: Message edited by: IntellectByPenis ]

--------------------
www.zambiadiaries.blogspot.com

Posts: 3482 | From: The opposite | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faithful Sheepdog*:
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
The thing is, Spawn, you're actually one of the biggest playground bullies on the boards. I suggest you sit down, take your head out of your arse and work out why.

Psychological projection, anyone?

Karl, a substantial dose of emotional maturity would help you to avoid being such a prat. You're so in love with the output of your own mouth that you can't see the gaping hole where your brains should be. There are some sensible and well-informed liberals, you know. [Razz]

Neil

Generalised character assassination will get you nowhere, fundyboy.
Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
  • Lifeman
  • hermit
  • Fr Gregory
  • John Boot

Didn't Tom Day put his money on Ender's Shadow?
Yes he did, and now I am eliminating him as well, leaving Lifeman, Fregory and John Boot in the running.

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

<Sine obsequiously crawls forward on hands and knees...>

Excuse me, Oh magnificent one, alligator bitch goddess, ruler of all she surveys, this humble one begs for your attention...

(This personalilty cult certainly can be a bit wearying. Oh well. Not the first time I've gotten rug burns from groveling.)

At what time will the finalist be revealed? (Central Standard Time, please.)

I've got company coming at 1:00 but would hate to miss the denouement. Perhaps I can make a quick trip back to the library to check when I remove the service plates.

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
fundyboy , hehehehehhe I love it. If the asshat fits wear it.

P

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Central Standard or Central Daylight?

--------------------

Sine Nomine*

# 3631

Hardly matters. I've only re-set half the clocks anyway. And I'm just putting tape over the microwave and the VCR.

[Have to be sure Mr. Coffee is set correctly though. That's critical.]

[ 04. April 2004, 17:13: Message edited by: Simply 'Normous ]

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

I'll reveal the second runner-up at 4p CDT and the first runner-up (and, by default, the winner) at 7:57p EDT. So the books are officially closed.

--------------------

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simply 'Normous:
Hardly matters. I've only re-set half the clocks anyway. And I'm just putting tape over the microwave and the VCR.

[Big Grin]

Inane grinny post...

Thank goodness my cell phone and computer reset their own selves!

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

NO
Shipmate
# 5477

- Posted      Profile for NO     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could I humbly (got to practise this sycophancy thing) request that those times be translated into British Summer Time (or GMT if you prefer), or at least some explanation as to how those US time zones translate into UK time zones? I have a suspicion it'll be the middle of the night, but never mind.
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

quote:
I'll reveal the second runner-up at 4p CDT and the first runner-up (and, by default, the winner) at 7:57p EDT. So the books are officially closed.

OK, I'll work it out [Big Grin]

EDT is 5 hours behind us, and CDT is 6 hours behind.

So the second runner up will be revealed at 10pm BST

The winner will be revealed at 12:57am BST

Hmm, might have to wait in suspense until tomorrow for the winner! [Smile]

(Somebody please correct this if I'm wrong)

[ 04. April 2004, 17:35: Message edited by: Norman the Organ ]

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10 o'clock and two in the morning. I think.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

What about the hour difference between the time zones Erin specified?
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Norman got it... 10p and 1a.

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloody hell, you're going to make me do math on Sunday?!?

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

Hey, I received two bottles of Glenmorangie as compensation for my sojourn in hell, and I've already opened one today. If I can do the math (and type correctly!!) I am thinking you can, too.

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You didn't offer to share any of the Glenmorangie with me. Don't you love me anymore?
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, sure you can do it. You're aided by the Holy Water of Life. You're probably faster than a bullet, stronger than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The ten year old, or one of the decent ones?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

You can probably even put all of your commas in the right places. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
too late to be an official entry - but i thhought freggers - mark 1, the new revised one seems a bit nicer.
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:
Originally posted by Scot:
Well, sure you can do it. You're aided by the Holy Water of Life. You're probably faster than a bullet, stronger than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

I am also the best looking and coolest chick in the entire world at the moment. I wandered down to T&T because, you know, that kinda thing interestes me even more when I'm a wee bit soused, but there's NOTHING there that gets the juices flowing. [Frown] At least, on the front page.

Alan, I got a bottle of the ten year old AND a bottle of the twelve year old port wood finish.

Tortuf, come on down. I am in no condition to drive to Nashville at the moment.

[and only one typo!!]

[ 04. April 2004, 17:54: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------

Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aack - if this weren't Hell already, I'd feel inclined to call Erin out just for the time zone switch in the middle of that sentence.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

quote:
I wandered down to T&T because, you know, that kinda thing interestes me even more when I'm a wee bit soused, but there's NOTHING there that gets the juices flowing. [Frown] At least, on the front page.

Well, there's your problem. On page 2 we've got favorite sex toys, bisexuality, threesomes, and nude modeling. On page 3 we've got genital piercings, best place you've ever done the deed, and Granny's pretty titties. Page 4 features fuckbuddies, pubic hair designs, and things you would never try again.

You just need to dig a little deeper!

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Assistant Village Idiot, that was it! Thanks Alan. I miss Ham n Eggs, too.
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e.:
I remember one of Erin's replies to the king of comedy that is Lifeman in a Hell thread about Palestine / Israel. It left in me in no doubt about her true thoughts on the subject of his immortal soul, his capacity to rub two brain cells together and doubts about his ability to do anything but send the gene pool in to a terminal spiral.
P

Yes, but only a few weeks ago, Erin promised to donate a vital organ if only NP and I would leave - and now she says she has a soft spot for him! (Perhaps it's the spot where the organ was removed.) So you can't always go by how colorful her flames are, Pyx_e.

My last and final vote is for Fr. Gregory.
I look forward to being his Queen. [Axe murder]

Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

- Posted      Profile for Spawn   Email Spawn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So this thread has moved on to the gang deciding who is outcast according to the whim of the leader. Fits in well with so many of your principles doesn't it?
Posts: 3447 | From: North Devon | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Marina:
Mmmmmm, thankyou Lord... <murmured reverently but loud enough for you to know I am an empty vessel in direct touch with the Almighty>

Even now I am laying holy hands on my iMac screen. I can hear the gentle vibrato of a Hammond B3, played by Norman. As I speak I am singing along, with a robed choir, the verse of a hymn dedicated to you all - 'The Bitch Is Back'.

I can reveal that the Lord has laid it on the heart of eight contributors to this thread to donate a total of £270 (approx US$500) to the Organ Fund.

But I am believing for <sudden increase in volume of B3, thanks Norman> A WHOLE LOT MORE...

I believe God wants you to make it £500. I said £500.

Well, we've reached £404.65.

But the Lord has laid it on my heart. I'm still believing for £500...

[ 04. April 2004, 18:31: Message edited by: Ancient Marina ]

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

quote:
Originally posted by Spawn:
So this thread has moved on to the gang deciding who is outcast according to the whim of the leader. Fits in well with so many of your principles doesn't it?

son of fundyboy?

P

--------------------

Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

quote:

Oh yes, my first principle being that you are a complete asshole (but I think I said that already). I know!! Maybe, if you all suck up to me enough, dumbfuck here will be so disgusted that HIS principles will kick in and he will go the fuck away. I'm not betting on it, though, because he seems like a big talker who turns into a giant pussy when it comes to putting his money and actions where his mouth is.

But it's all good because I, for one, am enjoying the hell out of myself. And even thought it is way TMI, I REALLY enoyed the hell out of myself ten minutes ago.

Just so you all know, my vote for supreme asshole can be bought by huge donations to the Organ Fund.

--------------------

Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

- Posted      Profile for Spawn   Email Spawn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e.:
quote:

son of fundyboy?

P

What's your point, Pyxe? Is it an attempt to be deliberately ambiguous, have I missed something, or are you an idiot?
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

And why didn't anyone tell me that Glenmorangie was liquid weed? I have a horrible case of the munchies right now.

--------------------

Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Just so you all know, my vote for supreme asshole can be bought by huge donations to the Organ Fund.

Alternatively, what do we get for donations to the Huge Organ Fund?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
NO
Shipmate
# 5477

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

Alternatively, what do we get for donations to the Huge Organ Fund?
A huge organ.

Five manuals, 32' pedal reed, solo tuba stop, enclosed solo division, ten-rank mixture...

Spawn
Shipmate
# 4867

quote:
Maybe, if you all suck up to me enough, dumbfuck here will be so disgusted that HIS principles will kick in and he will go the fuck away. I'm not betting on it, though, because he seems like a big talker who turns into a giant pussy when it comes to putting his money and actions where his mouth is.

You're not getting rid of me that easily. I'm in the right place I thought for Christian unrest.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  14  15  16 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016