homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
But, if you want to sit and chat with people I suppose the Tiny Tea Tent is a better option anyway.

You mean the Long Tea Queue?

The one time I did get there and find a seat under cover and no queue it immediatly started raining and blowing and a huge queue developed but we stayed for an hour or so while God smited Fischy Music.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My been-here-five-minutes impression is that now the Tiny Tea Tent is in fact `very last year', and that anybody who's anybody can now be found sipping sweetened rocket fuel in the Organic Beer Tent, meditating above the noisy meditation seminars in the Soul Space, braving the drums outside the Chai Chapel, braving the drums near the Christian Aid tent or sitting on the Winged Ox steps lazily digesting a bacon roll and a talk from the Wesley platform.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
wesleyswig
Shipmate
# 5436

- Posted      Profile for wesleyswig   Author's homepage   Email wesleyswig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The bar has really lost a lot of its appeal now there's an organic beer tent, hasn't it?
It would do if those there for the hymn singer didn't then disgrace the air with a rendition of Shine Jesus Shine.....

But yeah it is a much better venue though beer garden was rather small

I've applied to steward again so shall see if I'm in that way or have to find another job to do....

Warm Regards
John

--------------------
"I am still a Methodist, You can never get it's special glow out of your blood" Ellen Wilkinson
Read my ramblings

Posts: 878 | From: Chained to my desk.... | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
-lucy-
Shipmate
# 10465

- Posted      Profile for -lucy-   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm up for next year no doubt!

Although this time we may come a little more prepared food wise I think buying from the village is very expensive and it isn't even that nice!

Hopefully next year I may meet up with a few of you as well!

Posts: 592 | From: East Yorkshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -lucy-:
Although this time we may come a little more prepared food wise I think buying from the village is very expensive and it isn't even that nice!

Certainly the food outlets in the village are very expensive, they always have been. Even if you have the means of boiling some water for a morning coffee you can save a small fortune. Though, there are times when the convenience of getting food on the site (compared to going all the way back to the campsite and then cook stuff) makes it worth it. Especially if you've limited time between stuff you want to be at.

Quality is variable. There is some stuff that would disgrace a works canteen. But there's usually some good stuff around too - last year there was a guy selling really yummy Jamaican stuff.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, the Jamaican van was there again this year. As was my No.1 favourite, Pie! [Overused]

At risk of turning this into a 2006 thread clone, I thought some of the food choices were good for a festival [thinks back in horror to some of the stuff around in the 1980s].

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clergyman'sdaughter:
I really really want to go next year. The only thing I'm not too sure about is taking a three year old. I like the idea of camping with her - that part wouldn't be a problem. Its just that I don't really know much about what there is for very young children, being, as I am, a Greenbelt virgin.

Anyone with any experience of this? (Pants? [Smile] )

The group we camp with has had children joining in with the kid's programme for several years. There's a kids area, and there are up to two children's sessions per day. This year you had to queue to get a session token about an hour before the kid's stuff opened, and then come back later with the child and drop him/her off. There are a lot of kids at greenbelt, so this year we didn't manage to get the children into all the sessions they wanted to go to. But there are other child friendly activities around the site, and the kids in our group don't generally get bored. Plus their parents get to go to things without them in tow, which is great.

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My experience from this year is that the Uni accommodation doesn't go up until sometime around early October, but then promptly sells out VERY fast - which is why I missed it. It goes within a month, after that you are in Hardwicke.

I'm certainly on for the Pittville posse, but suggest that we all check regularly and as soon as anyone sees it go up it gets posted to this thread, PMed, whatever, so we can all book quickly. I would guess that if we put in the ocmments that we're part of the Ship they'll try abnd put us together; I think they put all the speakers and organisers together in one of the villas (which is probably another reason why it sells out so fast).

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Posts: 2173 | From: South-East UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
very very very good plan Spong!!! lets all look and then book [Smile]
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, I'm still tempted, especially as All The Cool People will be there...

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Cool]
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
da_musicman
Shipmate
# 1018

- Posted      Profile for da_musicman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eyeliner:
Hmm, I'm still tempted, especially as All The Cool People will be there...

All the cool people? Your words are wounding.
Posts: 3202 | From: The Dreaming | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't worry about it, da_musicman. Uncool is the new cool.

Thanks to a very kind offer by the Cresswells, subject to a several-months-in-advance bout of organisation on my part ( [Help] ) it looks like my tent can make it to GB07 from Scotland while I make it from further afield. So I shall be camping again - v happy about that.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No Camp = No Greenbelt, as it's expensive enough without paying extra for accommodation.

I still don't quite "get" what's so terrible about camping, really I don't.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, so can anyone give me more info about the accomodation thing? Rough price? What are the rooms like? Are there doubles? Dorms? I know nothing! Help me!
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
I still don't quite "get" what's so terrible about camping, really I don't.

Me neither. It's not as though Greenbelt's held in Scotland in February where camping also involves having the kit to keep warm at night. Nor does the weather at Greenbelt ever get really bad, 1986 was the only not-good year and the worst of that was on the Monday night. Yes, there may be some rain, but tents are designed to keep that out, but very rarely the sort of wind that'll destroy tents (unless put up extremely badly). Heck, GB isn't even camping - it's mostly just sleeping in a tent with a dash of cooking on a camping stove for the keenies.

Ok, maybe quite a few people don't actually have a tent (not unreasonable if you don't camp other than at GB), but I'd be surprised if no one knew someone they could borrow some gear from.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I don't sleep properly it triggers an illness I have got, which makes me ill and unable to walk properly. Camping bad.
Dinghy Sailor

Ship's Jibsheet
# 8507

- Posted      Profile for Dinghy Sailor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(What Alan and Ken said)

Plus, you can certainly for the cost of staying in a B&B for four nights. And then you can use the tent the next year as well.

[ 05. September 2006, 16:32: Message edited by: dinghy sailor ]

--------------------
Preach Christ, because this old humanity has used up all hopes and expectations, but in Christ hope lives and remains.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Dinghy Sailor

Ship's Jibsheet
# 8507

- Posted      Profile for Dinghy Sailor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jenn R, why can't you sleep properly when camping? Is it lying on the ground? In which case, have you tried an inflatable matress?

--------------------
Preach Christ, because this old humanity has used up all hopes and expectations, but in Christ hope lives and remains.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every time I camp I find my knees and back feel better afterwards. We are probably made to sleep on the ground, not in beds!

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

How I wish it was that simple! I have discovered that floor sleeping/air beds make me ill through recent house moving experience. We'll probably just stay in a B&B.
Spong

Ship's coffee grinder
# 1518

- Posted      Profile for Spong     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn R:
Ok, so can anyone give me more info about the accomodation thing? Rough price? What are the rooms like? Are there doubles? Dorms? I know nothing! Help me!

The rooms are student accommodation, which more or less says it all - singles*, ensuite showers, on corridors of half a dozen each with a kitchen. You can use the kitchen but there aren't any utensils, so you need to bring your own. Price was about £100 for the weekend. You also get a large cooked breakfast from the refectory in the morning.

Nothing wrong with camping, if you like camping... I really want a shower when I get up in the morning, I want a loo that does not smell to high heaven which I can walk to in the middle of the night in ten seconds without having to get dressed first, I want a proper bed to sleep in, and in particular my back does not want to bend all the time as I get in and out of the tent. Boring old fart? Guilty...

* Supposedly singles. Last year there appeared to be about four people in the room next to me. Needless to say this is specifically forbidden in the Greenbelt literature.

--------------------
Spong

The needs of our neighbours are the needs of the whole human family. Let's respond just as we do when our immediate family is in need or trouble. Rowan Williams

Posts: 2173 | From: South-East UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

Ditto Spong!!!

I really enjoy "real" camping, either in the middle of nowhere or on a campsite. I also really enjoy conferences/etc. What I *dont* enjoy is the mix of the two. When Im attending seminars, etc etc I really do want a shower, to feel civilized and have had a proper nights sleep. I obviously *can* camp, I have for the last 4 years - but why would I when I dont have to? This year it made *such* a difference that I didnt have to camp... and I *still* hung out with the late night chats etc so didnt miss a thing!

Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if you don't sleep well camping, that's fair point. Never had a problem myself. And you don't have to bend to get into our tent [Biased]

Never understood the shower thing. I grew up with a one-bath-a-week regime, and I still loathe showers. But that's just me. The smelly toilets don't bother me enough to be worth £100 to avoid.

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spong:
... I want a loo that does not smell to high heaven which I can walk to in the middle of the night in ten seconds without having to get dressed first ...

My loo smelt of fresh grass and dew. It took 10 seconds to walk to. I didn't get dressed.
[Snigger]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:
... I want a loo that does not smell to high heaven which I can walk to in the middle of the night in ten seconds without having to get dressed first ...

My loo smelt of fresh grass and dew. It took 10 seconds to walk to. I didn't get dressed.
[Snigger]

Just had to watch out for the nettles...

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
quote:

[Snigger]

I bet you don't get out of the shower to pee either. [Biased]

[signs Pants up for the "End Wussiness Now" campaign]

--------------------

aj

firewire technophobe
# 1383

- Posted      Profile for aj   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
Never understood the shower thing. I grew up with a one-bath-a-week regime, and I still loathe showers. But that's just me. The smelly toilets don't bother me enough to be worth £100 to avoid.

If Greenbelt want to maintain their ecological credentials perhaps they can tap the gas from the toilets and use it to power something useful, like gas guns for anti-drum vigilante mobs. Or a portable wi-fi station, thus supporting a "I fart and I surf" bumper sticker campaign.

--------------------
if there's no god, then who turns on the light when you open the fridge?

Posts: 2994 | From: ...on location | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I plan to be there again. I've an offer of the use of a guest room in town (price is right) and will probably opt for that *if* I get to stop by the campsite and have long, late-night deep & meaningful chats which is the best bit of camping, as far as I'm concerned. Sleeping in town has the bonus of avoiding the late-night Gemma screaming and a daily shower.
Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iGeek.:
I plan to be there again. I've an offer of the use of a guest room in town (price is right) and will probably opt for that *if* I get to stop by the campsite and have long, late-night deep & meaningful chats which is the best bit of camping, as far as I'm concerned. Sleeping in town has the bonus of avoiding the late-night Gemma screaming and a daily shower.

Lightweight!! [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe I will be, by then. Or at least lighter-weight [Smile]
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Maybe I will be, by then. Or at least lighter-weight [Smile]

We might both be wafer thin by then!! [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Sleeping in town has the bonus of avoiding the late-night Gemma screaming and a daily shower.

That reads like staying at the campsite means you have a daily shower, and miss it if you stay in town. Of course, if the shower is one that starts in clouds a few thousand feet above your head you could be onto something.

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

I trust in the rather higher than average IQ hereabouts to intuit what I meant rather than what grammatically parses, per se.
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

- Posted      Profile for BuzzyBee   Email BuzzyBee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pittville Posse

The Pittville campus option still not being up, I wonder if I can suggest this alternative option.

I have found a holiday home to rent which sleeps 14 people comfortably, and which is actually slightly CLOSER to the racecourse than the Pittville campus. It is currently available for the week in question, but we would have to book soon.

quote:
spacious and beautifully furnished cottage. Large living room with French doors to conservatory/dining-room with rugs on tiled floor and French doors to garden. Modern fitted kitchen. Cloakroom/W.C. Double bedroom with en-suite shower room/W.C. Twin-bedded room with en-suite shower room/W.C. First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/W.C. with over-bath shower. Two further family rooms each with double bed and additional single bed (for +1) and pull-out bed (for +1) and en-suite bathroom/W.C. with over-bath shower.

*Five TVs
*Fridge/freezer
*Cot
*Two additional single beds (for +2)
*Two pull-out beds (for +2)
*Garden

*Elec, gas `wood-burner' and full gas CH incl *Parking
*TV
*Video
*Internet access
*Auto wm
*D/washer
*M/wave
*T/cot
*H/chair
*Double glazing
*Patio with furniture
*Shared utility room with t/dryer and freezer *All-weather tennis court
*Croquet and boule court *Covered heated swimming-pool (38ft x 18ft) - 10am to 8pm, all year (weather permitting)
*Games room and small gym
*Baby-sitting by arr
*Duvets with linen
*Non-smokers only

It is £1510 for a full week Friday to Friday - that is £108 each if it's shared evenly (though it might be kind to give a discount to the people sleeping on the pull-out beds, subsidised by the couples getting a pirvate double bedroom). Less if we can get away with having some extra people on camp beds in the lounge, but many holiday home owners won't let you do this.

Given that the pittville campus is about £100 for 3 nights anyway, and for less nice accomodation, further away, I think this is an excellent deal. We'd also have it for seven nights so the fun could go on further.

Are there 12 shipmates who'd like to do this with me and my hubby? Speak now for the super-luxurious shipmeet of GB 2007

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr

Posts: 465 | From: Bristol | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

Wow! I think I might be in for this....

Im guessing wed need a deposit/ idea of numbers fairly soon?

[Smile]

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

Definately maybe. I need to talk to my husband. I don't mind paying a little extra for a private double to subsidise people with not so nice beds. Need to talk to hubby about money.

I'll let you know

frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Buzzybee, I wondered whether you would be willing to PM me with the website that has this property? I'm trying to find somewhere large to rent for my mum's birthday party next spring and it sounds like it fits the criteria.

I absolutely promise not to gazump you all and book it for Greenbelt, as I am a camping girl at heart and like excuses to get my tent out.

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

- Posted      Profile for BuzzyBee   Email BuzzyBee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Emma.:
Im guessing wed need a deposit/ idea of numbers fairly soon?

I'd guess so. There's no knowing when a sly bunch of holier-than-us christians from a different bulletin board (or church, I guess) might sneak in and book it.

They would need a deposit of £500 to secure it, and advise us to book as soon as possible, as two of the weeks in August have been booked already by other (non greenbelter) holiday makers, and what with the bank holiday they are expecting to book up the rest of the summer very soon.

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. Martin Luther King, Jr

rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh, I'd be interested. Quite happy to sleep on a pull-out bed, too [Smile]

Thanks for the PM, Buzzybee!

Deborah

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

Hello.

I've spoken to husband, and we can't afford the cottage. It will be camping for us if we make it. [Frown]

Sorry guys

Jenn

BuzzyBee

Ship's Drummer
# 3283

In the absence of a huge rush of people saying yes yes yes; I doubt we're going to get together a big enough group before the place gets booked up.

The same complex does have some smaller cottages, sleeping 4 or at a push 5, whice are a more expensive per person - probably too much so for me. PM me if you'd be interested in one of these.

[ 18. September 2006, 15:19: Message edited by: BuzzyBee ]

--------------------
BuzzyBee
~~~~~~

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll mention nothing about a nice hot shower, a home cooked meal and a clean toilet [Two face]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
I'll mention nothing about a nice hot shower, a home cooked meal and a clean toilet [Two face]

Oh, you're inviting me to stay? How lovely. I shall look forward to it!! [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Public service announcement

I got the GB mailing this morning, which says that the rooms for 2007 (which presumably include the Pittville campus) go on sale from Monday 16th October. Also, be warned that if you want the autumn discounted price you need to book by 31st October (apparently usually the autumn discount runs till the end of November, but not this year). I'm still going to go for camping rather than the room, but will hopefully be ultra-organised and book my ticket early (I'm just waiting for the last few days of Oct so it goes on the next credit card bill).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How good are you that you read all of that info!!?? I just read the price, rang the in-laws to check they'd have Alien, and am about to book!! (Camping obviously!)

--------------------

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

Thanks Jack [Smile] [Smile]

Ithink ive already booked my ticket but not the accomodation. hmmmm. in fact i cant remember. How do i check?!

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Emma.:
Thanks Jack [Smile] [Smile]

Ithink ive already booked my ticket but not the accomodation. hmmmm. in fact i cant remember. How do i check?!

You ring up and say "I'd like to camp please." [Biased]

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

[Yipee] Booked! [Yipee]

--------------------

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn R:
I've spoken to husband, and we can't afford the cottage. It will be camping for us if we make it. [Frown]

Jenn, try phoning the tourist centre here, they will be able to help.

Chelters info

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016