homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2011 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2011 Celebrity Death Pool
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
Okay, so I've added up the final scores. The link is here.

There were late surges by several people who picked Hitchens and Kim Jong-Il, but we have a runaway winner (with 209 points!), take a bow Amazing Grace!

But they couldn't catch up because I had Hitch and CrazyDictatorMan on MY list! Mwuhahahaha!

It wasn't as spectacular a DP double-hit as the day that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died, but it was enough to keep me on the top of the board.

<INSERT VICTORY LAP HERE> [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

I've usually done respectably on the leader board since I discovered where the former multiple deadpool champion of a Usenet group I knew of in the old days was posting her lists. Basically, if someone was alive on her list at the end of the year, I put that person on *mine*. She now posts on The Deadpool as "MCB With Bars" (MCB stands for "Most Cynical Bastard", the title the group used to give). I'm a little apprehensive about my chances for 2012 because she's got Hugo Chavez and Penny Marshall on her list and I removed them from mine in draft. Oh well. Those are the breaks!

Congrats to past Ship champion Gwai for getting the Inside Track award and being my co-champ in # of deaths predicted! I'd also like to thank her for not picking La Winehouse, allowing me to surge ahead on points.

Huge thanks to basso for his work, and iF for stepping in as scorekeeper when b. got sidelined.

It was a high scoring year for a lot of people. Multiple scores close to or over 100 and at least two people were right behind me and Gwai with four picks. Well done!

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nicely done, all!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016