homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thought I'd join in.

Note to self: in a timed quiz, don't waste time reading the category headings for each question. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AristonAstuanax:
Iiiiiiiiit's QUIZTIME!

And again!

Welcome, Marvin! Yes; skip words, cheat, go fast! Just don't expect to beat Antisocial Alto too frequently. [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, my fast clicky finger is awesome! Look upon my radio buttons, ye mighty, and despair!

(But seriously, I envy/admire you denizens who are good at limericks and Mafia and the other Circus games that require some creativity. Being quick at multiple choice questions isn't very useful once you're out of school.)

Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hennah

Ship's Mother Hen
# 9541

- Posted      Profile for Hennah   Email Hennah   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww, shoulda done it this morning!

Also I need a proper mouse, I reckon this touch paddy thingy adds a good few seconds to my time. If I get one, AA, I'm coming after you.

--------------------
Never stand behind satan in a Post Office queue: the devil takes many forms.

Posts: 925 | From: The Henhouse, Beside The Seaside, Kent | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
welcome to the er, light side, Marvin. We has pablum.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In spite of the UK question, I got them all right. However my placement was miserable, unlike my friend and compatriot JediJudy, likely because I was half-listening to the 4 O'clock Show on Radio 4e instead of answering at warp speed as she and her colleagues did!

[brick wall] [Disappointed]

For some odd reason, my score is always superior on the 'harder' quizzes.... As it was yesterday....

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got 10/10 by changing a wrong answer for a right one [Yipee] but spent too long thinking about it.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For a while I was top with just 8 points, now I am bottom [Waterworks]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It took me four reads of the fourth question to work out what on earth they were on about.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am tempted to make a comment about the attention spans, etc. of our aquatic avian friends but given my score today I'll think I'll leave it for another time.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A bit quicker than yesterday. This is good.

And yes, question 4 was a bit... weird.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Could this be the day I actually end up last? At last?

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shines fingernails

Temporarily in first! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well... I'm not utterly last...nearly, but not...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn it all! I had to click the bloody thing three times, else I would have been ninth or tenth...
[brick wall] [Mad] [Disappointed]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose this is not the time to say, 'It's only a game?' [Devil]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Perhaps not...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
I suppose this is not the time to say, 'It's only a game?' [Devil]

I'm not sure that expression ever applies to the Crew's Quiz. [Paranoid]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Woohoo! I'm still last - only another 3.5 hours to go!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Top of a list with 3 on it! [Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:

Mwahahahahahahahaha [Snigger]

Not sure I agree at all with one of the questions. All depends on your point of view. I hate motor sports.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:

Mwahahahahahahahaha [Snigger]

Not sure I agree at all with one of the questions. All depends on your point of view. I hate motor sports.

[Razz]

Though, of course, the last question doesn't actually have his real name—which is one of those wonderful Victorian names only an Oxford don could ever wear well.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ah, that wasn't the question I was thinking of.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, I managed dead last yesterday to prove how very stoopid the quiz is.

Today I hit 10/10 again and am in a tie with Pingu!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

I do loathe questions that rely on a matter of opinion rather than fact. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Aaargh! In a four-way draw for fourteenth place....

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
... In a four-way draw for fourteenth place....

Not any more. [Devil]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saturday's quiz was dead easy. So, at this point, why am I the only one with all correct?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Erm, because only sad people know the middle names of dead political has-beens?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Actually because I read his obituary carefully, so I could be sure the old bastard was dead.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... only sad people know the middle names of dead political has-beens ...

... and lucky piglets guess them correctly. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Bother - it's refusing to submit my answers... I suspect I may have a long time!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yup, even longer than Pete - who is nearly as old as you-know-who!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Yes, I realised I confused the two...

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
22 seconds? 22 seconds??!!! that's just unnatural...!

*ahem*
Jolly well played

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Too right, JK - I thought my 10/10 in 40 seconds might have been moderately good on a Sunday but it only got me to 13th place.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Editing the sentence in the final question slowed me down a wee bit, but I'm still in the top two!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Ooh, second by a second. Well, until someone comes along and does it even faster...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

Why... tell me why I do not learn to trust my first hunch, but instead feel the need to go back and change what would have been the correct answer to an incorrect answer...?
Also, while we're at at: tell me why I don't like Mondays?

--------------------

Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am Mr. mid-table.

I guess this is what it is like to support the Villa.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Hey, I can empathize: yesterday my Spurs had a nil-nil draw against bloody Stevenage! That's ninety minutes wasted that I'll never get back.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Never mind, Sir K. - I support Ipswich Town. [Hot and Hormonal] Anyway, when the Really Big Teams™ play little squitty teams in the FA Cup they tend to field a team made up of their cleaning-ladies, as they don't think it matters.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I've just snuck in front of you on the leader-board. [Snigger]

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What the heck is overeasy???
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

It is a fried egg which is very carefully turned over after cooking so that it is yolk side down. It has been cooked for the minimum amount of time required as opposed to over medium which is what my wife and I prefer in the US.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I win, I win, I win.
[Big Grin]

Well, at least until someone else plays today - what a disgracefully pathetic score. I hate it when my mind says "Noooo... you've put the wrong answer....." just as my finger hits the "submit" button.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

You were already 4th before I played, Pingu - and then I got the first 10/10 for the day - terrible time but there you go!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Damned if I know how I got them all today! It was sheer guesswork on at least 4 of them!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Guessed one wrong. Guessed a few others right.

But what the hell - I came in the top ten yesterday! Celebration tyme [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got a 10!!!!

I've hugged the cat and kissed the postman.
[Yipee]

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I changed my answer on number four and got it wrong; I never read the book about Badger and Mole and Q3 was shite!

This is the worst and most unfair quiz I have ever taken. Now I know how the British feel when faced with obscure questions about US culture and television. I knew about the TV one because I actually saw Bill Hanna years ago and I was a big fan of his cartoons, though I declined to purchase a cel from the gallery where we met. He did sign the invitation, though.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016