homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Shipmates' Gallery (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shipmates' Gallery
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes indeed, thank you Gort! [Smile]
Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bump bumpity bump:
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Would anyone be interested in taking over responsibility for the Gallery? Simple graphics editing experience and FTP client required; subject to approval by Simon. Volunteer here or by PM.

Thanks!
Daniel

BTW, thanks sincerely for all the work you have done on the gallery.
[Overused]

quote:
Originally posted by DaisyM:
Yes indeed, thank you Gort! [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
I don't have much graphics editing experience (though a bit I guess), but I have the rest (know about FTP and use sites regularly etc.) and am happy to help. If graphics editing is needed, perhaps I could work in tandem...or not. Just an offer to help the ship. It does give me enough.

Thanks, duch and DaisyM, for the kind remarks! Gwai, I'm sure you could handle the awesome workload and responsibilities, just fine! [Big Grin] I was hoping a volunteer could be found soon so that Simon and Melon would be inconvenienced as little as possible during the Christmas season. A new editor may generate a surge in gallery interest! Suggestions, anyone?

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All of us appreciate your work, Gort (well, except for those who don't-- [Big Grin] ).

And I thought Gwai volunteered? That's my brilliant idea - the Ship take Gwai up on her offer-- YES!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may have misread the thread, but I thought Gwai volunteered too. Is the post still open?

--------------------
"It used to be that being crazy meant something. But not anymore – nowadays everybody's crazy!" – Charles Manson

Posts: 10297 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, the position is open. Gwai and anyone else interested should contact Simon and Melon. I'm not choosing a successor.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tend to presume Simon will read this thread and do as he chooses. I will be happy with whatever is best.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11873 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not necessarily true... you might want to PM him just to be sure.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aah. Okay. Done then [Smile] .

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[cue fanfare of trumpets!]

I'm pleased to announce Simon's official confirmation of Gwai as new Gallery editor! New shippies and veterans should consider submitting your photos so she has something to practice with! [Biased]

Thanks, Gwai, for taking the position! Hope you have as much fun as I did!

I'm not sure how long it will take to change email links on the Gallery page for submittals, but in the meantime... send her a PM if you have one to share!

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you, Gort, for all the work you've done on the Gallery! [Overused]

Thank you, Gwai, for stepping in and taking this on! [Overused]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9461 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All I can say is, GREAT G's!!! Gort and Gwai both of you, yay! - thanks. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gort... thanks for setting up the Gallery and looking after it so well over the past year. And welcome aboard as Gallery editor, Gwai. The Gallery pages now have your name and contact details on it... thanks for taking this on.

--------------------
Jumble Sales of the Apocalypse

Posts: 3777 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

You're welcome, Simon! It's been a pleasure to be part of the operation! [Cool]
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, thank you Gort and Gwai. I love going to the Gallery and seeing how far off (or on) my mental image of everyone has been.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Galleries must only be run by people beginning with G, it is the law !

[Big Grin]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19188 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Gort... thanks for setting up the Gallery and looking after it so well over the past year. And welcome aboard as Gallery editor, Gwai. The Gallery pages now have your name and contact details on it... thanks for taking this on.

You should give Gwai her own sinking titanic boat. Or Gort some avatar that swings shut. Just sayin...

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Hello Gwai! I've PM'd you but you may want to answer here. Are you receiving photos through email attachments? The email button on your profile doesn't allow that and I'm not sure how to send you my new one.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Thansk for the headsup, Gort. I have put it in my sermon space in my profile.
Please send all gallery pictures to <mynick>hirj@gmail.com (Written that way to avoid email harvesters. No spaces, dashes or odd characters needed)

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yaaay, Gwai! New photo on its way!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Gort has a new picture up in the gallery and Gwai has successfully added her first photo. Feel free to send yours to test if she can get more efficient at the process... or just to have some fun.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Ho! Ho! Ho! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

And mirrizin has taken advantage of his nearby gallery gal and his new picture will be visible in the gallery in a few minutes when the server refreshes.

--------------------

PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

- Posted      Profile for PaulH     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is my picture.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/haughty00.jpg[/IMG]

I do not understand why it's not showing up. Is there a problem with the server? You need to be connected to a server before you can connect to the Internet here in Japan.

Regards,

Paul

Posts: 29 | From: Japan | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulH:
Here is my picture.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/haughty00.jpg[/IMG]

I do not understand why it's not showing up. Is there a problem with the server? You need to be connected to a server before you can connect to the Internet here in Japan.

Regards,

Paul

They don't support the [IMG] tags here, probably because they encourage deep linking, which is a spankable offence with some webmasters.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17627 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beautiful Dreamer
Shipmate
# 10880

- Posted      Profile for Beautiful Dreamer   Author's homepage   Email Beautiful Dreamer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just wanted to thank you all for setting up this gallery.

it is nice to have so much eye candy in such a convenient location [Smile]

--------------------
More where that came from
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Posts: 6020 | From: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww shux, B_D [Axe murder]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18774 | From: scarily close to 40° | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

- Posted      Profile for PaulH     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

it is nice to have so much eye candy in such a convenient location [Smile] [/QB]

Thank you.

I have a Golden retriever and I buy his dinner from the supermarket. They also have vets here. Is it possible I could have my dogs picture in the Gallery?

Regards,

Paul.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
They don't support the [IMG] tags here, probably because they encourage deep linking, which is a spankable offence with some webmasters.

Not really because of deep linking. Just that posting pictures is really damn annoying - it makes for (potentially) large and slow page loading, and easily breaks up the page width formatting. And, is totally unneccesary. The Ships boards are so much cleaner and tidier than other boards which have graphics posted at random all over the place.

--------------------
Don't Brexit if you haven't a scooby how to fix it.

Posts: 32134 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

quote:
Just that posting pictures is really damn annoying
You are the Site Admin and it is your site to do with as you please.

However, I beg to differ with your assertion that pictures are "really damn annoying."

Pictures are artistic. They would add a degree of colour to the forii.

Regards,

Paul Hackshaw.

babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm, I beg to differ about the artistic quality of the digital editing on the link you posted. The black shirt, clerical collar, chain and cross are not well done.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
Hmm, I beg to differ about the artistic quality of the digital editing on the link you posted. The black shirt, clerical collar, chain and cross are not well done.

I have already explained the events leading to that editing on another thread.
Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The question is:

Do we want to encourage trolls to post their photos in the Gallery?

Or their dogs?

Or are they one in the same...

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Who's to decide the status of troll? You, S-E? And how far would you like to take this judgement process? Should we turn down Buddhists, Mormons, atheists? Those with cognitive disabilities or bad grammar?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does someone have to be a Shipmate, or can Apprentices have their pictures posted?

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9461 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the OP.
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
Hey, I have this great photo of my neighbour/ dog/ house/ a really neat traction engine I saw at a steam fair. We are really happy for you, but the idea of the Gallery is to display photos of shipmates.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3048 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Does someone have to be a Shipmate, or can Apprentices have their pictures posted?

There's currently at least one picture of an apprentice in the Gallery (Sound Mixer).

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3081 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

quote:
Who's to decide the status of troll? You, S-E? And how far would you like to take this judgement process? Should we turn down Buddhists, Mormons, atheists? Those with cognitive disabilities or bad grammar?

Thank you Gert. "Socrates" is not quite the deep thinker he so clearly fancies himself to be.

Please include my dog in the Gallery. I am too embarrassed to type his name out here. My 15 year old son named him.

He is a bit sick today so I have to take him to the vet. He ate some important University papers (for what it's worth, I teach at a University) and dogs are not covered under National Health Insurance in Japan.

If you take your dog to the vet in Japan you will have to pay for the vet fees.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Bent/mspaint/Dog.jpg[/IMG]

Regards,

PaulH.

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Paul,
Please take time to read the FAQ for the gallery, where you will find instructions on how to submit photos to the gallery.

[Also, if you want to link to a photo in a posting, use the 'URL" button at the bottom of the edit window when composing your post - IMG tags aren't allowed here]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

(For the record, I did PM PaulH a few days ago about the gallery and will happily post whichever picture he asks me to put up for him.)

[ 16. December 2007, 03:05: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Oops! Sorry for stepping on your toes. Gwai!

--BTW, Paul... that is the fattest Akita I've ever seen.

--------------------

PaulH
Apprentice
# 13244

quote:
--BTW, Paul... that is the fattest Akita I've ever seen. [/QB]
Thank you Mr Gert, at last someone civil and friendly amidst the barb-tongued hatred spewers that seem to people this forus.

Yes, my dog (whose name is too embarrasing to type out although I may divulge it via the PM realm if anybody is especially interested, my 15 year old son named the dog, leading to a terrible row) is slightly overweight.

He does have a nasty habit of excreting in the washing machine too.

Not my son. The dog. The dog excretes in the washing machine.

Fond regards, Gert.

Paul.

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
slightly overweight.

Errr .... slightly. Cruelly in fact. I hope a gentle but persistent exercise regime can be implemented to love him back to life.

quote:
He does have a nasty habit of excreting in the washing machine too.

Now tell me about Japanese washing machines. I assume by this they are lidless and a little lower than those used in Europreanized nations?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
...the barb-tongued hatred spewers that seem to people this forus.

You would do well by addressing those hatred-spewers here, which is the only forus you will find them expectorating.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

quote:
Originally Posted by Gort:
Oops! Sorry for stepping on your toes. Gwai!

No criticism intended, Gort! I just figured that it might be relevant to you or others.

--------------------

Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

My apologies Gort, Gwai & Hosts/Admins

The comments were clearly inappropriate

I guess I was behaving somewhat like a dog with a bone and hadn't realised I'd strayed into the Living Room.

And Gort, thanks for all your work in the Gallery and congrats/appreciation to Gwai.

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Thanks, S-E. It's a tough job but someone has to do it!

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Speaking of photos can a maestro remind me how to send/post mine - it needs updating

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Basically, email it to me.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Kool. That was quick!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

And as quick as can be done considering server refresh times, Zappa's picture is up. Will be viewable in an hour.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016