homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 19)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
B for marking all the edits in the documents she works on as accepted. B, did you really think you were the only person working on those documents, dearie? Yes, you do have the right to reject any of those edits. That doesn't mean that you were the only one who needed to see them. Believe me your grammar and punctuation skills alone are not nearly good enough to pass without an editor, nevermind syntax. Thanks for ensuring that one way or another I will have to comb through looking for all the changes in a more painful way.

P.S. Considering your generally patronizing attitude is also delightful. One can tell that you don't think editors are very useful and that you think I'm a sweet girl. Nevermind that I am your age, if I were not, I would still expect to be treated like a professional.

[ 16. June 2014, 17:03: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH wasting 3 hours of my life on a church committee on which I was the youngest by such a large margin that I might as well have been speaking a different language.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
TICTH wasting 3 hours of my life on a church committee on which I was the youngest by such a large margin that I might as well have been speaking a different language.

Your primary mistake was a attending a committee, any committee, age be damned. Run away, run away, run away!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

At a recent Bishops Council one of our members was bemoaning the removal of the Classics from the teaching curriculum. Apparently the kids are being told to read Beyoncé's biography.

I thought of saying "A typical example of a move to the Left" but realised that only one other person would get the joke. And I'm 51, sigh.

Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Sir Michael Wilshaw and Michael Gove, for some truly pathetic grandstanding on the pretext of improving education.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The fucking narcotics laws: that require I drag my suffering ass out of bed, setting back my recovery, to go in to the doctor's because they cannot renew over the phone a prescription for codeine cough syrup, which they have been routinely prescribing for me every few years for decades. It is the only thing that will knock down the cough. Fucking narcotics laws.
Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by me:
Cockroaches.

I have nothing more to say.

I lied.
Today it was a rat.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cockroaches live in India and Africa. As do rats. Adopt feral cats. They'll take care of rats. Cockroach spray is needed. Cockroaches are not the sign of a dirty house. There is no shame in having cockroaches in South Asia.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rats live everywhere, everywhere I tell you!
They are the one thing I am really scared of and I hate them....
But thanks, Pete I need to regain my sense of perspective and find a cat.Pronto.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The computer guy who consistently fails to turn up when he has promised he will be there - he is now on a last warning!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:

At a recent Bishops Council one of our members was bemoaning the removal of the Classics from the teaching curriculum. Apparently the kids are being told to read Beyoncé's biography.

I thought of saying "A typical example of a move to the Left" but realised that only one other person would get the joke. And I'm 51, sigh.

Pyx_e

Ann Atkins, a classicist herself, spoke very approvingly of topical/modern books being on the curriculum, pointing out that Shakespeare was regarded as trivia in its day.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
The computer guy who consistently fails to turn up when he has promised he will be there - he is now on a last warning!

Oh the joys of "Best effort" service [Disappointed]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

Oh the joys of "Best effort" service [Disappointed]
It's called 'just in time' service - i.e. just in time for us to avoid being taken to court by Microsoft, not in time for the customer.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who refer to themselves in the third person. You're a grown adult, adopting the speech patterns of a 2 year old isn't winsome and charming, it's weird. Now stop it immediately, or Jemima will thcream and thream and thream until she's thick. Or stamp on your toes.
Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just neatly and carefully sewn the sleeve into a jumper. Wrong side to right side. Oh sod it.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Management. Who couldn't be bothered to attend the funeral of a man who had worked for their organisation for 40 fucking years. How hard would it have been to take an hour out of their fucking up their job time to do the right thing and go? [Mad]

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To be fair, if any of my management turned up at mine should I suddenly pop my clogs I'd bloody well haunt them.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Tory education policy in the wake of 'extremism'.

They abolished Citizenship lessons.

The removed Community Cohesion' from inspections.

They marginalised Religious Education.

Now they want to 'teach Magna Carta.'

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH "A," who has recently become Treasurer of the Board for a non-profit of which I am also a Board officer. She seems to think she was heaven-sent to straighten out us poor dummies, even though we all have more experience than she does. As Treasurer, she is making unilateral decisions about personnel -- and getting away with it! I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness when I complain.
[Mad]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dress codes. Why would I care about "making the right impression" on someone who is impressed (or not) by someone's choice of clothes, FFS?

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Erroneous Monk:
Dress codes. Why would I care about "making the right impression" on someone who is impressed (or not) by someone's choice of clothes, FFS?

I agree in principle. In reality, manipulating stupid but powerful people who are impressed by a someone's choice of clothes can be to your personal advantage.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jemima the 9th:
TICTH people who refer to themselves in the third person. You're a grown adult, adopting the speech patterns of a 2 year old isn't winsome and charming, it's weird. Now stop it immediately, or Jemima will thcream and thream and thream until she's thick. Or stamp on your toes.

I'm not sure whether that's more annoying or less so that people addressing you in the third person. "And how's Jemima today?"
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

TICTH Helen Grant, a junior minister with responsibility for Tourism, for suggesting that people should opt to stay in the UK for their holidays. Rotten timing Ms Grant, who is in Brazil at the moment (yes, she also has the Sport portfolio: does she have the BBQ, Street Party and Rock Festival portfolios too?)

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today, I condemn to hell the Conservative MP Michael Fabricant who threatened to punch a woman in the throat.

He later issued a non-apology, trying to pass the blame onto anyone who might mistakenly think threatening to punch someone in the throat is offensive.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He seems to think saying sorry makes it OK. I spent my working life trying to teach that that is not a correct way of dealing with the issue. But I was in a state school, so what do I know.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH rain. It needs to stop. 3.5 inches on Wednesday, 2 inches on Tues, 3 on Monday, it goes on. Today we're 2 inches in and it keeps raining. Also flooding.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:
Today, I condemn to hell the Conservative MP Michael Fabricant who threatened to punch a woman in the throat.

Is saying 'I couldn't do X because I might then do Y' the same as 'threatening to do Y'. Possibly, possibly not. But anyways.

quote:
He later issued a non-apology, trying to pass the blame onto anyone who might mistakenly think threatening to punch someone in the throat is offensive.
That's not how I'd describe this tweet:

quote:
So just for the avoidance of any doubt: I am v sorry for tweet. It was wrong to joke abt punching + I completely withdraw and apologise.
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
But I was in a state school, so what do I know.

Perhaps as much as Michael Fabricant? He also appears to have attended one.

[ 20. June 2014, 20:46: Message edited by: Anglican't ]

Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
cactus-fucking hypertext links that have infiltrated my computer (especially on Ship of Fools) overnight

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the very messy results of a refusal to discuss options.
Head in the sand, bum in the air, resulting in a damn fool silly pile of nonsense. Bllx

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*tornado-whirling by*

goddamn cheese-shitting futhermucking procupine-groping crazyasshorseshit fucking crappy pants busyshit weekend from hell blarpfftghgarphblat!

*tornado-whirl away*

[ 23. June 2014, 06:07: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the person who first decided to pack tights in scratchy cardboard packaging.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH people who just can't seem to learn the use of the BCC function when emailing. [Mad] Childcare providers and schools seem to be particularly egregious offenders in this regard. I have just received yet another reminder email about something largely irrelevant, which has been sent to some forty recipients, all having had their email addresses just dumped in the to: field. To them I say - if I want to share my email address with the whole world - I'll do it myself! It makes me wonder what other information about me and my own, which I have been required to provide you with, you would just hand out willy-nilly to anyone, if you can't grasp this sort of very, very, basic information hygiene...

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH software. I've been working on this upgrade for months, through testing it in two test environments, and there's still broken shit.

Wasn't it enough that I tracked down "javne mape" (*) as indicating we were missing a table entry for Slovenian fergodssake? How much more troubleshooting have I got to do to satisfy the voracious Gods Of Broken Software?

(*) "Public Folders"

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH city councils and utilities companies.

Since at least last September, a road I use on my way to work has been in dreadful condition - seriously, stretches of it were literally more hole than road. Most traffic (except butch 4x4s) was reduced to about 15mph trying to navigate a course that wouldn't wreck the suspension. It was in this condition because over a period of time, it had been dug up by various people who hadn't then repaired it properly.

Last week, the council resurfaced the worst stretch of it.

This morning, the gas company dug it up again.

Is it really too much to ask that in the 21st century these things can be better coordinated?

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Rhythm Methodist
Shipmate
# 17064

- Posted      Profile for The Rhythm Methodist   Email The Rhythm Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH....myself, for being too dull, unimaginative and unspiritual to appreciate this ground-breaking outreach initiative. Or perhaps I'm just jealous because I never thought of it. These guys are just so innovative....best scheme for getting bums-on-seats I ever came up with was child sacrifice, and even that was vetoed by the leadership group.
Posts: 202 | From: Wales | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
ExclamationMark
Shipmate
# 14715

- Posted      Profile for ExclamationMark   Email ExclamationMark   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH any member of the British Royal Family who meets unrepentant terrorists who ordered the killing of said nation's soldiers and subjects.
Posts: 3845 | From: A new Jerusalem | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the sadness that has over decades occasionally enveloped me, and at the same time, the bible which often offers no help at all, rather, texts about twats being twattish to others, or some twattish rules, or the "things are shite for us Lord because we have been acting like twats" psalms; to add to this, prayer that often gives me a sense of aloneness and also frustration with myself for not managing my sadness and prayer better, I mean, surely I can get pray myself out of sadness.

Yours very conscious about where I have posted this
Rosa Winkel

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rosa Winkel:
I mean, surely I can get pray myself out of sadness.

To paraphrase slightly the words of the talented Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half ; Trying to pray oneself out of depression "is like a person with no arms trying to punch themselves until their hands grow back." Have a drink, instead. It's counterproductive and self-sabotaging, so it will feel like the right thing to do...

Anoesis - NOT having a drink tonight, for once, and cross with it...

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Shipmate CL. Why do you waste your time here, good sir? What pleasure or satisfaction can you possibly get from your occasional outraged splutters at the heresy which is rife on the Ship? It's not even that you seek to cross metaphorical swords with people, like say IngoB does.

EDIT - Sorry, here is the relevant post.

[ 24. June 2014, 11:21: Message edited by: South Coast Kevin ]

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by South Coast Kevin:
TICTH Shipmate CL. Why do you waste your time here, good sir? What pleasure or satisfaction can you possibly get from your occasional outraged splutters at the heresy which is rife on the Ship?

He's a troll. Simples.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
SvitlanaV2
Shipmate
# 16967

- Posted      Profile for SvitlanaV2   Email SvitlanaV2   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
TICTH Shipmate CL. Why do you waste your time here, good sir? What pleasure or satisfaction can you possibly get from your occasional outraged splutters at the heresy which is rife on the Ship? It's not even that you seek to cross metaphorical swords with people, like say IngoB does.

I thought the comment you're referring to was more of a critique of Evensong's praise of Britishness than it was a critique of any particular 'heretical' theology.

There are plenty of well-informed people from all sorts of backgrounds who challenge positive readings of British history. I don't know about CL's theology or politics, but as a Catholic in Ireland it's not altogether surprising that s/he's less than admiring of British history....

Posts: 6668 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the person who thought it was a good idea to park a shredding lorry outside a roomful of people who take phone calls for a living and shred documents very loudly for nearly an hour on one of the hottest days of the year. Fantastic.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

and people who mow school grounds during the exam season.

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH, the idiot in the pick-up truck who revered into the front of my car at a junction this morning

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Too lazy and unimaginative to call a fellow shipmate to Hell? or are you just shitting-yourself scared of creating a thread where CL will actually see what you say and can therefore respond?

Grow some balls and start your own thread.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*Shrug* I didn't think it was worth a thread of its own. Besides, I've called CL to Hell at least once before (actually twice, I think) and I'm sure he didn't respond.

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Luis Suarez. The man should be banned from football. How is biting your opponent, in front of a billion people no less, remotely acceptable?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think my colleague might have condemned me here.

During a bit of office banter, I referred to a colleague (to his face) as occasionally dressing "like a mid-like crisis". Is that hell-worthy?

Bear in mind he's a misogynistic, racist FiF anglo-catholic.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
wanderingstar
Shipmate
# 10444

- Posted      Profile for wanderingstar   Email wanderingstar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten:
TICTH, the idiot in the pick-up truck who revered into the front of my car at a junction this morning

Was there much bowing and scraping?
Posts: 273 | From: Hollow lands and hilly lands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH dementia in all its forms.

Robbing not only the sufferer but often their family and friends of what should be happy times together.
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Mrs. S, unable to add anything to the above.

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016