homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Glory   » Vigil for Molly (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Vigil for Molly
strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord, now let thy servant go her way in peace.

Give her peace and freedom from pain as she steps out of our time and space to be with you, where you are. Comfort those who mourn for her passing, and let memories live on.

We lift up our eyes to the hills;
from where is our help to come?

Our help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth.

He will not suffer your foot to stumble;
he who watches over you will not sleep.

Behold, he who keeps watch over Israel
shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord himself watches over you;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand,

So that the sun shall not strike you by day,
neither the moon by night.

The Lord shall keep you from all evil;
it is he who shall keep your soul.

The Lord shall keep watch over your going out
and your coming in,
from this time forth for evermore.

I shall be praying between 3 and 4pm GMT.

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying all the time and have lit a candle here in my study.

"Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke.

From The new penguin book of English Verse. Ed P. Keegan. Pub Penguin 2001

...and now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

[Edited to include reference.]

[ 10. December 2002, 14:19: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be praying from 4-5pm for Miss Molly.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brent
Shipmate
# 3498

- Posted      Profile for Brent   Email Brent   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have finals all day today 8:00am - 12:00PM PST, but I will have Molly in my prayers throughout and will then commit to another hour from 12-1pm in quiet prayer and thanksgiving for the joy that Molly has brought to all of us and thanking God for his wonderful, precious gift that will be with us forever.

Thank you Lord for Molly
Thank you for her joy
Thank you for her smile
Thank you for her gentle words
Her gentle spirit
Thank you for her strength in you
Hold her tight in your tender hands and free her from any pain as she makes her way home.
Thank you Lord!

--------------------
In His Grip...

Posts: 127 | From: On the links | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee:
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain
That morn shall tearless be.

[Edited for Copyright. For full text see O Love that will not let me go - Cyberhymnal. ]

[ 10. December 2002, 13:53: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll pray 5-6pm GMT, but will be off-line.

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
LJB
Shipmate
# 1057

- Posted      Profile for LJB   Email LJB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm carolling 6.30 -7.30 (?) - so will cover then...
Posts: 83 | From: Ooop North | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoso believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

The King of love my Shepherd is,
whose goodness faileth never;
I lack nothing if I am His,
and He is mine forever.

In death's dark vale I fear no ill, with Thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still, Thy cross before to guide me.

[Edited for Copyright. For full text of this hymn please see The King of Love - Cyberhymnal .]

[ 10. December 2002, 13:55: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May the good Lord, Jesus, keep us strong.
May the good Lord, Jesus, give strength to Molly's family.
May the good Lord, Jesus, help us to lift up our hearts to Him and thank Him for all the good memories we have of Molly.
May the good Lord, lift our spirits because we know our sister is going to a better place, where there will be no more pain and suffering.

Into the arms of Jesus Christ, I commend my dear sister, Molly, and into her heavenly reward for a life well lived.

Motherboard

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Make me a channel of your peace;
where there is hatred let me bring your love,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
in giving ourselves that we receive,
and in dying that we're born to eternal life.

[Edited for Copyright. For Full text, please see Make me a channel of your peace. .]

[ 10. December 2002, 13:56: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
retroactively, i was praying from 7:30 EST to 8:30. didn't intend to or i would have posted it, thats just how it worked out. i'll try to spend this hour too, but i'm at work so i'll be distracted.

yea though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

Dear Lord,
Look down on us as we pray for our sister Molly.
Comfort her family and her friends at this hard time in their lives.
Give strength to them as she prepares for her place at your table.
May we find comfort in the fact we were lucky enough to have been blessed by her love, her friendship, and her constant humour and stories. May we hold her close in our hearts for evermore and learn by her example.
Lord God above, hear our prayers and give us all the strength and courage to face what is to come.
May she walk forever in Fields of Gold.

Amen.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

I thank God for the small mercies he is showing us at this sad time. Above all, let us give thanks for the life of a woman I am so proud to be able to call my friend... "the unique, the extraordinary and irreplaceable" Molly "whose beauty, both internal and external, will never be extinguished from our minds".

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dear Lord,

Hold Molly in the palm of your hand...prepare her heart and head for meeting with you. Let there be no fear, only peace since perfect love casts out fear...

Praying 8:00 PST to 10:00 PST

I am at work at will try my best to continue to pray all this time.

My heart is sad to lose Miss Molly, Linda Dillon, but happy for her to be with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

AMEN.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

....and soul by soul and silently her shining bounds increase,
and her ways are ways of gentleness and all her paths are peace.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miss Molly, her family, and St. Seb--

May you dwell in the Heart
May you be free from suffering
May you be healed
May you be at peace

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom then shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host of men were laid against me, yet shall not my heart be afraid; and though there rose up war against me, yet will I put my trust in him.
4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, which I will require; even that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the fair beauty of the LORD, and to visit his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle; yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
6 And now shall he lift up mine head above mine enemies round about me.
7 Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation, with great gladness: I will sing and speak praises unto the LORD.
8 Hearken unto my voice, O LORD, when I cry unto thee; have mercy upon me, and hear me.
9 My heart hath talked of thee, Seek ye my face: Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
10 O hide not thou thy face from me, nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
11 Thou hast been my succour; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
12 When my father and my mother forsake me, the LORD taketh me up.
13 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in the right way, because of mine enemies.
14 Deliver me not over into the will of mine adversaries: for there are false witnesses risen up against me, and such as speak wrong.
15 I should utterly have fainted, but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
16 O tarry thou the LORD'S leisure; be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart; and put thou thy trust in the LORD.

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

"If I should die and leave you here awhile,
Be not like others, sore undone, who keep
Long vigils by the silent dust, and weep,
for my sake turn again to life and smile,
Nerving thy heart and trembling hand to do
Something to comfort other hearts than thine.
Complete those dear unfinished tasks of mine.
And I, perchance, may therein comfort you".
- A. Price Hughes & Mary Lee Hall

[ 10. December 2002, 14:21: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------

Beethoven

Ship's deaf genius
# 114

- Posted      Profile for Beethoven   Email Beethoven   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At work all day, then home to family, so not able to spend an hour here, but am constantly praying for Molly, her family and friends, and all those of us who are preparing to let go of our friend, and trying (and in at least one case failing!) to do so with grace and peace.

--------------------
Who wants to be a rock anyway?

toujours gai!

Posts: 1309 | From: Here (and occasionally there) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Royal Peculiar
Shipmate
# 3159

- Posted      Profile for Royal Peculiar   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will attend Holy Communion at 19.30 GMT at ST. Michael's Little Ilford with special intention for Molly,her mother, St.Seb and all the staff at the hospital. I wasn't planning to attend but will do so with this sepcific intention.

Do not be afraid; for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name;you are mine
(somewhere in Isiah)

Holy Michael and all angels pray for our sister Molly as she prepares to join you in God's nearer presence.

--------------------
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Oscar Wilde

Posts: 405 | From: Barking, London | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O God of grace and glory,
we remember before you today Molly, our sister.
We thank you for giving her to us
to know and to love as a companion
in our pilgrimage on earth.
In your boundless compassion
console us, her friends and family.
Grant us your grace that we may see in death
the gate of everlasting life
and continue our course on earth in faith,
through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
the Life and the Resurrection of all
who put their trust in him.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Molly, I have held you in my thoughts all day, but hope to get down to it properly between 9-10. I shall be offline then but it doesn't mean it won't happen.
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord, you are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name: do not forsake us, O Lord our God. Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work or watch or weep this day. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous, and all for your love's sake.

Glory to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.

[ 04. December 2002, 16:57: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I will trust in You alone...
For Your Endless mercy follows me,
Your goodness will lead me home.

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

This post comes from my better half Jack who appolgises that it is not in prayer form but it comes from the heart (with appologies to the composer of the song)... Where there are no words, we let the music speak:

Goodbye to our rose
may you ever grow in our hearts

soon you'll belong to Heaven
and the stars will spell out your name...

Loveliness we're losing
there'll be empty days without your smile
but this torch we'll always carry
for our Ship's golden child
And even though we'll try
the truth brings us to tears
all our words will never express
the joy you've brought us through this year...

Goodbye darling friend
from a community lost without your soul
we'll miss the wings of your compassion
more than you will ever know...

and your footsteps will always fall here
along our Ship's greenest hills;
your candle's burned out long before
your legend ever will...."

(Based on a version by Bernie Taupin and Elton John written for Diana Princess of Wales' funeral. The original can be found here. )

[Edited to include the above info.]

[ 10. December 2002, 14:27: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------

clare
Contributing Editor
# 17

- Posted      Profile for clare   Email clare   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll take a night watch 11pm - midnight GMT, though will be in my thoughts while I'm on the hoof before then.

With mine eyes I have seen the salvation that you have prepared in the sight of every nation
Lord, you have fulfilled your will
now let your servent depart in peace.

Lord, bless us and keep us.

clare

Posts: 2317 | From: edge of the peak district | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lifting prayers when I can, but I will take the 10p-11p (GMT) watch.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heading off to church for the 6-7pm slot now...
WDxx

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll pray the time from midnight til 1am (GMT).

I'll be online unless the ice storm fells my electric power. [Frown]

Molly sent me a prayer rope to celebrate my Chrismation into Orthodoxy. I'm holding it now throughout the day and praying.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

splosh
Shipmate
# 2743

- Posted      Profile for splosh   Email splosh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can fill in on a spare slot tonight.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you Molly
May the Lord shine upon your face
And hold you in His arms.

--------------------
Just remember you are one of God's special people

Posts: 1371 | From: Slightly less north than before | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be in for one of the night shifts--9-10pm MST/
0400-0500 GMT

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clíona
Shipmate
# 2035

- Posted      Profile for Clíona   Email Clíona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be driving home for the hour from 6-7 GMT, (probably longer [Roll Eyes] ), so won't be online, but I'll sing along and pray along to my Taize CD.
quote:
Nada te turbe, nada te espante, quien a Dios tiene nada le falta, nada te turbe, nada te espante, solo Dios basta
Nothing can trouble, nothing can frighten those who seek God shall never go wanting. God alone is enough.

In love, dear Molly
Cliona

--------------------
Starting (yet) again...

Posts: 1262 | From: Back in Dublin | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Insomniac that I am I can do the 2-3am slot (GMT) if that's okay. (Probably not be on-line though.)

Support us, O Lord,
all the day long of this troublous life,
until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes,
the busy world is hushed,
the fever of life is over
and our work is done.
Then, Lord, in your mercy grant us a safe lodging,
a holy rest, and peace at the last;
through Christ our Lord.

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord, in your mercy...
Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Unclear on the time zones, and on deadline; praying in between paragraphs.

I know that my Redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth;
and though this body be destroyed, yet shall I see God;
whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold,
and not as a stranger.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope this helps. Times are all given in GMT.

8-9pm Brent
9-10pm Ariel
10-11pm Erin
11-12am Clare
12-1am Bessie Rosebride
1-2am
2-3am Anselmina
3-4am
4-5am Marmot and Duchess
5-6am Duchess

Of course there will be other praying during those times.

1am GMT = 5pm PST, 6pm Mountain, 1pm Auckland, 11am Melbourne/Sydney

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
8-9pm Brent
9-10pm Ariel
10-11pm Erin
11-12am Clare
12-1am Bessie Rosebride
1-2am
2-3am Anselmina
3-4am add RuthW in here
4-5am Marmot and Duchess
5-6am Duchess

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will try to have a candle lit here except when I sleep, or am at work, just lit it for this morning.

Bronwyn

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Psalm 16: (my favourite psalm)

Song of Trust and Security in God

1 Protect me, O God, for in you I find safety.
2 I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you."

3 As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble, in whom is all my delight...

5 The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
my future is in your hands.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage.

7 I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
8 I keep the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices;my body also rests secure.
10 For you do not give me up to death forever,you will never abandon me.

11 You show me the path of life.
In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

- Mary E Frye.

(This is found in a number of versions, freely available. Two examples can be found Here - "Moggies" [Wink]

Going offline now to light a candle for you and be with you in spirit during this hour. God be with you and may your journey be easy and peaceful.

[ 10. December 2002, 14:32: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"And I know this thirst will not last long
That it will soon drown in the song not sung in vain
I feel thunder in the sky
I see the sky about to rain
And with the prairies I am calling out Your name"
-Rich Mullins "Calling Out Your Name" (Full text can be found here. )

[Edited to include link.]

[ 11. December 2002, 01:05: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
DMarie

Ship's stray
# 2267

- Posted      Profile for DMarie   Email DMarie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you"

God will protect her always. Sending prayers for God's peace to surround and comfort Molly, her mother, St. Seb and all her family and friends. And sending much love.

DM

Posts: 163 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Since Duchess is covering 4-5 am, I'll take 1-2 am GMT.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am praying as and when I can, even though I can't fit the schedule easily. This poem comes back to me as I pray, by John Donne:

Hymn to God my God, in my Sickness.

Since I am coming to that holy room,
Where, with thy choir of saints for evermore,
I shall be made thy music; as I come
I tune the instrument here at the door,
And what I must do then, think here before.

[Edited for copyright. For full text please see: Hymn to God in my sickness. ]

[ 10. December 2002, 14:08: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
blackbird
Shipmate
# 1387

- Posted      Profile for blackbird     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The earth is your mother,
she holds you.
The sky is your father,
he protects you.
Sleep,
sleep.
Rainbow is your sister,
she loves you.
The winds are your brothers,
they sing to you.
Sleep,
sleep.
We are together always.
We are together always.
There never was a time
when this
was not so.

L. M. Silko

Posts: 1236 | From: usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 John 3

1. How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
2. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

++++++++++++++++++++++
I love to say this collect from the short Evening Prayer service.

Lord Jesus, stay with us, for evening is at hand and the day is past; be our companion in the way, kindle our hearts, and awaken hope, that we may know you as you are revealed in Scripture and the breaking of bread. Grant this for the sake of your love. Amen.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eanswyth

Ship's raven
# 3363

- Posted      Profile for Eanswyth   Email Eanswyth   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
8-9pm Brent
9-10pm Ariel
10-11pm Erin
11-12am Clare
12-1am Bessie Rosebride
1-2am Marmot
2-3am Anselmina
3-4am RuthW
4-5am Marmot and Duchess
5-6am Duchess
6-7am Eanswyth
7-8am
8-9am
9-10am

Posts: 1323 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
iGeek.*

Resident alien
# 3207

- Posted      Profile for iGeek.*   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Father,

Thanks for the time Molly's had here. We lift her and her loved ones up to you that she would make the journey home easily and that her loved ones' sorrow would be short-lived and sweet. Bless her Lord and conquer any remaining pain. Be with her -- bathe her in your love.

And Molly, we look forward to spending some time on the porch with you when we get Home as well. Until then...

In Jesus Name,

I don't know where you lay your head
or where you call your home
I don't know where you eat your meals
or where you talk on the phone

Come and go with me
to my Fathers house
Come and go with me
to my Fathers house

-- Big House -- Audio Adrenaline

[Edited for Copyright.]

[ 10. December 2002, 14:10: Message edited by: Nunc Dimittis ]

--------------------
.sig on holiday

Posts: 702 | From: Hot-on-us, TX | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016