homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Heaven: SoF Idol (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Heaven: SoF Idol
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The grammar impairing was put in just for the pedants. Nothing makes me feel more pleasantly Hellish than irritating pedants, except maybe irritating fundies on either side of the aisle.

It helps with the creative writing process.

--------------------
Diax's Rake - "Never believe a thing simply because you want it to be true"

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm thinking he'd better be watching out for his hangy-down-thing.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
I'm thinking he'd better be watching out for his hangy-down-thing.

Absolutely.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a very sharp kitchen knife and am not afraid to use it. [Two face]

(silly spelling)

[ 01. December 2004, 07:57: Message edited by: dolphy ]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a blunt one, and I'm prepared to hack away with it too. [Devil]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's the spirit, wimmin! Castrating bitches of the world unite!
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

- Posted      Profile for Mad Geo   Email Mad Geo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Luck ladyz.

You're gonna need to bring a cutting torch to bobbetize me after I made that nomination. Chainmail is my friend (click on "codpiece", if you're not at work).

--------------------

Posts: 11730 | From: People's Republic of SoCal | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
That's the spirit, wimmin! Castrating bitches of the world unite!

The Senior Child just offered to lend me her grandfather's World War II machete, which she somehow sweet-talked him into giving her.

Oh, she says she'd be happy to help with the operation. Another generation of castrating bitches is born!

Rossweisse // I'm so proud! [Axe murder]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
<sings>

Sisters are doing it for themselves [Overused]

Just wondering if we really need to use these large weapons, perhaps tweezers might be better, after all, we all know how men lie about their size [Snigger]

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
<sings>

Sisters are doing it for themselves [Overused]

Just wondering if we really need to use these large weapons, perhaps a forklift might be better, after all, we all know how men lie about their size [Snigger]

I fixed your post.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't this the point where Mad Geo starts drawing pictures?
Oh no, I've got the wrong person...... [Two face]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ANNOUNCEMENT

Though Stoo may sneer at such solicitude for a competitor, the solidarity exhibited for RuthW is admirable. SoF Idol, however, is unfortunately a harsh mistress and must be above suspicion. Kiwigoldfish's tongue-in-cheek post aside, there were undoubtedly other Moderators who would have liked to compete, but the possible complications would have been too many. Ruth knew the risks when she became an Admin Emerita.

Her dismissal, of course, is the equivalent of an Honorable Discharge. We at SoF Idol will be happy to have her as a Featured Poster in the SoF Idol Runner-Up Spectacular, to be held during the final Elimination Round, as well as inclusion in any future "Best Of" compilation.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Just wondering if we really need to use these large weapons, perhaps tweezers might be better, after all, we all know how men lie about their size

Good point.

How about an Exacto knife? Unless we've got someone here with the tools to perform microsurgery...

Rossweisse // whistle while you work!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

dolphy

# 862

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Geo:
I fixed your post.

This is war! You evil cheat you... how dare you fix my post...

Best watch your little dangly bit from now on! [Two face]

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

[Snigger]

You know, I am really starting to enjoy this Hell-Minion in Heaven stuff. Go figure.

When's the next round of Judging?

--------------------

Belisarius
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Judges have been contacted; we hope to have evaluations coming in soon.

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cool.

....would someone take away my grrrl card if I admitted that I am finding Madge really flipping hilarious right now?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Goodric

Shipmate
# 8001

- Posted      Profile for Goodric   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go Mad Geo!

This one has got to make entry - but I fear for its future survival...

[ 01. December 2004, 20:06: Message edited by: Goodric ]

--------------------
Happy Christmas Everyone You can find me here

Gone to a better place.

Posts: 7160 | From: You all know anyway | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HOST ON

Sorry to interrupt!

This thread is a game and so ought to be in the Circus, not Heaven. Apologies for not catching this earlier.

Off we go....

HOST OFF

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
...This thread is a game and so ought to be in the Circus, not Heaven. Apologies for not catching this earlier.

Off we go....

But....but....but....

This was started by an ADMIN! Can a host just up and transfer it down to the subbasement, just like that?

(Evidently so, but still:) [Eek!]

Rossweisse // not a regular here

[ 02. December 2004, 00:24: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Apparently I am not the only one around here with a big swingin' hangy-down-thingy. I could swear I just saw Kenwritez go by with his swingin....

--------------------

Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
we hope to have evaluations coming in soon.
After reading through all the responses to Mad Geo, I read this as "ejaculations"! [Eek!]

(I know, I know... I'm working on my critiques, Bel.)

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Apparently I am not the only one around here with a big swingin' hangy-down-thingy. I could swear I just saw Kenwritez go by with his swingin....

You say it's big, but then so do a lot of blokes, and it seems many don't know what they're talking about. I can't believe the problem of over-estimation is a purely Germanic one.So what size do you ask for?

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

Let's just say that the pharmacist doesn't have to ask what size condom I want. She simply sees me walking up to the counter and hands over the Magnums. It's really rather embarassing to have to turn down advances from one's pharmacist all the time. You'd think she would take a hint that I'm happily attached, and so is my girlfriend.

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This thread is a game and so ought to be in the Circus, not Heaven. Apologies for not catching this earlier.

A game? The oppression of wombyn is a game?!?! Sorry, I'm not playing.

quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
SoF Idol, however, is unfortunately a harsh mistress and must be above suspicion.

Such a telling choice of words. Note the imagery. First he says SoF Idol is a mistress, a woman whose sexuality defies the conventions, a woman who is possibly dominating and certainly "harsh." But in the same breath he says this whore - can she be anything but a whore? - "must be above suspicion," thus completing the classic virgin/whore model held out for wymon to emulate throughout the history of the patriarchal mess that is Western "civilization." Furthermore, this image is employed in the crafty concealment of the masculine hegemony that controls the real power at SoF Idol headquarters.

I want to thank all my supporters and well-wishers. It is a testament to the strength of the truth we stand on that you were not fooled by the management's efforts to ground my disqualification in a reading of the rules that could only stem from deep-seated male inadequacy and/or testosterone poisoning. Please carry on your important work to subvert the system from within. I'll be just outside, sounding the clarion call to wymbin everywhere to join us in the struggle.

Tom Day
Ship's revolutionary
# 3630

- Posted      Profile for Tom Day   Author's homepage   Email Tom Day   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Tom, reading the thread carefully and considering his position on the ship decides that he does not want to get branded as an 'oppressor' of women, wombyn, wimmin or generally the female sex.

Also, The Circus is not an implement which can be used in the oppression, discrimination or general mistreatment of the fairer sex. Bearing all this in mind, and taking a quick look around to see if anyone has noticed he decides to pass the buck back to the Heavenly Boyz.

They have much more experience in dealing with strange wymin.

--------------------
My allotment blog

Posts: 6473 | From: My Sofa | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm beginning to feel like a volleyball tossed into the middle of the info-superhighway.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mad Geo, you misspelt "Minis."

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

# 862

[Killing me]

--------------------

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

<Sees Kiwigoldcarp's reply>

<Evil thought balloon appears over Mad Geo's head>

<Considers Options>

Hmmm, do not know if Kiwigold is one of Them or is, worse, a guy who's sig other keeps his Unit in a gerkin jar and only lets him have it on special occasions like his birthday. Can't attack there.....

<Weighs more options>
What to do, what to do, hmmmm. Well when in doubt with traitorous Hell wretches, it's often good to Attack! Again, do not know sex and we are in Heaven. Darn.

<Frustration grimace appears on Mad Geo's face>
Dagnabit, oh well, Plan C, ignore offending BLEEP as not worthy of noticing (cause really they are not more important than say, me, anyway).

So, hi again everybody! Wasn't that an interesting ride up and down the boards. Feel like a pinball stuck in a Hostly pinball machine.

<Whew>

[ 02. December 2004, 15:27: Message edited by: Mad Geo ]

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

Mad Geo, remember we have the tweezers, and remember we are not afraid to use them [Two face]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:

[Shouts of "Yes, sister!" and "You go, girl!" resound throughout the Ship.]

quote:
...thus completing the classic virgin/whore model held out for wymon to emulate throughout the history of the patriarchal mess that is Western "civilization." ...
[Urgent whisper] Ruth! Ruth! It's DICHOTOMY! 'The virgin-whore DICHOTOMY!'[/Urgent whisper]

Well, at least we're back upstairs where we belong. Whaddaya know? Sisterhood IS powerful!

Rossweisse // what did I do with those "Opera Characters for Equality" buttons?

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

RuthW

# 13

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
[Urgent whisper] Ruth! Ruth! It's DICHOTOMY! 'The virgin-whore DICHOTOMY!'[/Urgent whisper]

Slaps forehead. Can't believe I missed that one. But I got "hegemony" in there. [Big Grin]
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
But I got "hegemony" in there.

And you get points for it!

[Overused]

Rossweisse // brushing up my Wimyn's Vocab

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Sine Nomine*

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 3631

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine*   Email Sine Nomine*       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Men don't know what true happiness is until after they're married. And then it's too late.
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Vikki Pollard:
Prompted by the thread, ‘Divine right to Shag’

originally posted by Coitus Continuous
quote:
Who do you think you are, some anally-retentive b*tch with the right to dictate my morals? What is your problem with me?
I’ve had it with you.

Or rather, I haven’t – and maybe that’s your problem with me? You seem to think that just because you feel free to leap into bed with as many Shipmates as possible, we should all be doing the same. And when a dissenting voice or two is heard, you then feel free to shoot them down in flames. OK. That’s your right. It’s my right to reply. Since you seem to be interested, here (in no particular order) are my comments about your behaviour on these boards.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, I have no objection to your morals. I just don’t particularly want to hear about them over breakfast. [Projectile]

I don’t think ‘in the interests of research’, however funny you find it, is a good enough excuse for your nefarious activity. It would have to be a dull day on the Shipping forecast before your research into ANYthing was more interesting than watching paint dry.

I think waiting 3 years before admitting that you have been to Shipmeets all over the world in order to bed innocent victims was far too long. 6 months would have been kinder all round, especially to those poor women in the foursome. How COULD you put those photos on the Net? How DARE you put a link from All Saints under the title, “Sisterly Love”? Have you any idea what you have done to that community of Benedictine Nuns in Idaho who were trying out Google for the first time?

I think the blurb on the back cover of your book (and I quote), “See how these Christians love one another!” is a gratuitous perversion of Scripture. I also think the photos were disgusting and unedifying, except perhaps the joke one of you standing in front of the alligator pool – I grant you, that was quite amusing.

For me, the last straw was your very detailed account of your last five encounters (at a SHIP WEDDING, for heaven’s sake!) with a poll for people to vote on the best. Tacky? That’s an insult to tack. Self-respect? You obviously don’t know the meaning of the word – but respect for others is an integral part of this community, and IMHO you don’t deserve a place in it any more. You are a self-obsessed, self-important, slimy, skanky, uncaring, probably STD-carrying piece of scum. And so, for that matter, are the 43 people who voted. [Mad]

BTW I notice YOUR genitals appear to be the only ones not featured in the many photographs in your book. Is it possible they are so small they don’t show up on film?

Anally retentive? MOI? Hah! [Mad] I’d keep all your back-door exits (and entrances?) well-closed if I were you, or you might just find a computer keyboard jammed up there so far that you’ll need the services of a very understanding proctologist. Quickly. Because my prediction is you’re gonna be walking that plank so fast you may not even get chance to read this. Good riddance.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
Very amusing. Beautiful listing of your ‘problems’ with him, each one racheting the amusement up another level. I wasn’t so sure about your ‘six months’ comment, however. Yet, overall, a sterling piece of work – solid, well-thought-out, amusing, and leaving the reader in no doubt of just how much you both are angry with, and despise this poster.
Score: 3

GRITS:
quote:
You know, Vikki girl, I’d have to say you are bucking to be the poster child for the “I’m Not Getting Any, and I’m P*ssed!” campaign. I also think you might need to reexamine your sexual orientation – not that I’d have a problem with that.
Score: 2

STOO:
quote:
Well, you picked an easy target, which is never going to get you any favours. Having said that, however, I was enjoying your post until you resorted to smilies.

A picture might say a thousand words, but you’d have done much better writing them.

Score: 1

Total Score: 6--IMMUNITY GRANTED

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
Quoted from the thread, 'Quenching the Spirit', by Rev320:
quote:
Only when we rid the church of traditional church choirs will the Holy Spirit be able to move freely in the land
I woke up this morning to see a hand of fire, burning the following message into my ceiling:
'Go ye into all the land and use Rev320 as a butt-wipe. The Holy Spirit™ hath spoken. P.S. I love church choirs [Cool] '

Get thee behind me Satan.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
Very droll petal. Short, sweet, and to the point. You clearly didn’t feel the need to hector relentlessly, use long words, or even explode in anger and bile, to get your point across. And yet, you still left me cut to the quick. The ‘cool’ smilie at the end was a lovely touch.

GRITS:
quote:
Don’t mess with the Holy Spirit, dawg. Can I get a hallelujah?

STOO:
quote:
I’m pretty sure ‘butt-wipe’ counts as a profanity. And you used a Cool smilie. In Hell. <shakes head> Fail.
Score: 0

Total Score: 4

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by kiwigoldfish:
context: in the midst of a hellish debate about conventional medicine and alternative therapies for cancer

quote:
Originally posted by Whine:
My how things have deteriorated in this discussion. I guess it's only to be expected the way you people have all been brainwashed by the medical profession (you cannot trust doctors, who have all been influenced and bribed by the pharmaceutical companies.) I wholly recommend this website and any of the books sold on that site. They are well researched and insightful reviews of all the medical literature on the subject.

Petal, you and your fellow proponents of such conspiracy theories are to intelligent debate what Stephen Hawking is to tap-dancing.

Get a grip man. I have seen some of these books and they are clearly aimed at the section of the market whose parents should not have been allowed to breed. I assume by "well researched" you mean "had lots of footnotes."¹ The fact is, most of the journal articles that they cite not only fail to back up the point that your beloved "researchers" are trying to make,² but actually prove the precise opposite.³ But then again, given the intellect of their average disciple they could get away with printing any old rubbish. Wait a minute, they already are.

Your constant churlish attacks on the medical profession prove nothing about the profession, but plenty about your personality. In fact, if you were any more anally retentive you'd have to defecate by caesarean.

Enjoy the weather in Coventry.

Kiwi

ps. Sorry to see that the brain transplant failed.

Footnotes
¹ added to prove to Whine that this must be true.
² ditto
³ so I can only conclude that you see the little footnote number and assume that that makes it absolutely true.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
I remembered the thread you were referencing, and see that you caught the context beautifully. Snappy, with a lovely use of “” to indicate your scorn and derision, and managed an impressively wide range, insulting not just his opinions, intellect and personality, but also his personal tendencies.

GRITS:
quote:
Your post was way too scientific for me, dude. And that was a low blow to Stephen Hawking, man. Where’s your humanity?

STOO:
quote:
You might be surprised to learn I liked it. It was pithy, well-composed, and intelligent. Had you not included the rather pathetic brain transplant remark, I’d have signed you up on the spot.

Total Score: 7--Immunity Granted

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
Calling The Jerk to Hell

I keep trying to ignore you, Jerk, but you just won't be ignored, will you? Like my infant daughter, you keep defecating into the hand that's attempting to clean your foul, noisome, poop-covered bottom -- but unlike said infant, who at least has the potential to grow into a worthwhile human being, you will never be anything but a bad example to the rest of humanity, or what passes for it online.

Which was the post that finally forced me to acknowledge your general and all-encompassing loathesomeness? Was it those ghastly chemotherapy jokes posted on the All Saints cancer thread? Was it the link to an abattoir that you stuck on the "Why I Love Fluffy Bunnies" thread in Heaven? Was it your sniggering sophomoric sexual references ("Just step over them," "Oh, get a room!" and so forth) when two posters -- who happened to be male and female (one of each) -- got into a disagreement over the true nature and relevance of the Real Presence in the "Munching Jesus" thread in Purgatory? Was it your willingness to pile on with vile ad hominem attacks and to flame at random when Hapless Newbie found himself called to Hell?

[Rhetorical Question alert!]

It was all of these, and more. Sarcasm and mean-spiritedness can be amusing....in small doses. But by constantly dumping a Giant Economy-Size Industrial-Strength box of self-aggrandizing sarcasm and low-grade mean-spiritedness on us, you've gone far beyond amusement. The Internet is full of shooting galleries. By turning the Ship into your private target range, you have gone too far.

You are a deservedly friendless lump of greasy excrement, a boil upon the bottom of Humankind, Screwtape's favorite potential nummy, a stinking bottomless ashtray whose very presence sets off smoke alarms, and a complete and total waste of DNA.

And I have No Opinion of you.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
I was a little unsure as you began; this competition already has a strong emphasis on poo, and defecation, and I felt we needed less, not more. However, you were clearly using it as a simile, and only touched briefly on it, before moving off into more impressive invective. And how impressive it was. I loved the use of rhetorical questions to list what the numpty had done, thereby setting the scene for the those of us not in your head. And your last paragraph, containing five wonderfully thought-and-drawn-out insults finished the job beautifully.

GRITS:
quote:
I like it, I like it, I like it. That was bad, dawg. You rock.

STOO:
quote:
A Call to Hell is not a ‘cutting put-down’. Can no-one read instructions? Oh, and did you really use the word ‘poop’? Good God, woman.

To add insult to injury, you call your opponent a ‘friendless lump of greasy excrement, a boil upon the bottom of Humankind, Screwtape's favorite potential nummy, a stinking bottomless ashtray whose very presence sets off smoke alarms, and a complete and total waste of DNA.’, and then go on to say you have ‘no opinion of him’? What are these if not opinions? I can only hope you were being ‘humourous’.

Total Score: 6--Immunity Granted

[ 02. December 2004, 20:32: Message edited by: Belisarius ]

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Normally I ignore you, Jerk. I figure that anyone who posts the drivel that you post is having us all on.

But you are not, are you? You are actually a really sad little twerp who believes what he writes is (a) true, (b) worthy and (c)witty.

In fact, what you write is (a)rubbish, (b) worthless rubbish and (c) turgid, dull rubbish. To the extent that it makes anyone laugh, rest assured that they laugh at you, not with you.

Tommorrow I will go back to ignoring you, but for now, take comfort in the fact that your post has raised my ire. I'm angry because what you write is not on paper and (sadly) I find that cannot wipe my backside with my computer screen.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
It was a touch, unfocused, wasn’t it, poppet? I didn’t really feel a sense of anger, or even annoyance, coming from you over this. You seemed to be going through the motions a little. However, the repetition for emphasis of rubbish, and the ‘computer screen’ comment at the end redeemed it well enough.

GRITS:
quote:
Sssssmmmokin’! You are one hot mama. Don’t be cruel, baby.

STOO:
quote:
What can I say? It was (a) dull, (b) really dull and (c) really, really dull.

On the plus side, it was mercifully short.

Total Score: 6--Immunity Granted

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
STOO:
... Oh, and did you really use the word ‘poop’?

I thought the rules said "no profanity."

quote:
To add insult to injury...then go on to say you have ‘no opinion of him’? What are these if not opinions? I can only hope you were being ‘humourous’.
Actually, it was homage to Jane Austen. Her characters very often declare themselves as having "no opinion" of persons they very much dislike.

Rossweisse // oh, well...

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

YOU'RE complaining? At least you GOT your review. [Biased]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed. My contribution may well have been the most boring piece of crap that anyone has ever read - but it would be pleasant if someone recognised that it existed.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

Get a grip, you two. Ya'll are "wild card" entries, so you should be resting while you can. Only one can move on...

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
YOU'RE complaining? At least you GOT your review.

I wasn't complaining; I was explaining. Apparently not all of us are as deeply involved with Miss Austen's world as we might be.

Rossweisse // make all the world into Jane-ites!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Mad Geo

Ship's navel gazer
# 2939

I've been informed that we will be subjected to the Final Judgement, there was a slight delay.

As for Jane Austin, they would revoke my testicle permit if I read or watched any of her stuff.

<Scratches self>

--------------------

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You need a permit to have testicles? Why didn't anyone tell me this before?

I'm going out to get one now before my balls are confiscated.

[ 03. December 2004, 05:58: Message edited by: kiwigoldfish ]

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
# 32

quote:
OP from dolphy descends into hell

I can not believe you have forced me to do this, you low life, you butt boil, you pimple on the face of society. You reckon that you stand a chance? - think again you evil scheming sockmuppet. I am calling you here to be flame grilled, roasted and pulled to pieces, chewed up by the animals and then spat out again. You and your pathetic postings, you have not got a clue have you? You come in here, paint a great big target on your fat arse and then run away wimpering when you are shot. Scared now are you?, well you better be...be afraid, be very afraid. If I were you, I would run back home to Mummy, failing that, go play a game in the Circus, go post on the random thread if your intellect is up to it. Better start saying your prayers kid, you're gonna need them. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen coz it sure looks like dolphin is on the menu tonight.

(Yes, I have sent myself a pm).

SARKYCOW:
quote:
A good, solid, put-down. Great generation of alternatives to ‘roast’, using several synonyms to emphasize your point. I was wavering over giving this a 2 or a 3, due to some issues over whether calling yourself to Hell is ever going to work. However, it does work on some occasions, and also, you were allowed to call any poster in this round, therefore I gave you a well-deserved 3. I’d suggest sorting out your grammar, punctuation, and paragraphing ready for the next round though, honey.

GRITS:
quote:
I give you props for the way you stepped out of yourself for this post, girlfriend. You almost made me believe that you could put down your own self. I would have scored you higher, though, if you had refused to be nice and PM yourself.

STOO:
quote:
Have you heard of paragraphs? Your post was sadly lacking. Them, and content.

Total Score: 5

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by Quizmaster:
ALL SAINTS

"The Bad Ideas Meet"

All those who want to meet up, have a few beers and discuss how many more bad ideas Belisarius can come up with should gather on Saturday at the pub in London.

Please bring all your bad ideas with you!

SARKYCOW:
quote:
You don’t really understand the competition, do you pet? I can’t see any evidence of a put-down in your post, so I’m afraid that I have to give you a lower mark to reflect this. If you survive until the next round, I heartily recommend pulling out.

GRITS:
quote:
That was a big snore, dude.

STOO:
quote:
Good Lord… Another fool who can’t read. A big fat fail, I’m afraid.

Actually, I’m not afraid. It deserved nothing better.

Total Score: 2

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Belisarius
# 32

quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
quote:
Originally posted by babybear:
I suggest "sucky machine" or "This robot sucks (TRS)".

Gort, you are starting to sound like the love-bot of Marvin the Paranoid Anderoid and Kryton from Red Dwarf... You are going to end up in therapy.

Calling babybear to Hell

You wanton stumpet when it comes to posting! How dare you flaunt yourself all over the place, like you are so cute and cuddly, when deep down, we all know you want to let loose and stab somebody with those knitting needles and shears!

Acting like you are so kind...you are evil to the core in your coal black Welsh heart, thinking you are hot *BLEEP* on a silver platter when you are really cold *BLEEP* on a paper-plate! [Mad]

Telling the Gort-one that he needs therapy...all he needs is a vacation from your helpful lectures of Jung. And no, I am not over-reacting, not a bit. I am dead serious. For reals. [Mad]

Hmph! Momma wasn't born yesterday ...I know you hate me with a brutal apathetic fashion just because I am not Welsh* and further more, because I am a Calivinist. Well let me tell you, there are no thin places left for you! No thin places! God took them away...away from YOU! [Mad]

So go and knit me a bear, see if I care. [Waterworks]

Word to the mother.

*except for 1/16th but that doesn't count because it ain't good enough for the likes of you.

SARKYCOW:
quote:
You seem to have gotten a touch of RuthW’s disease, pet, what with all the anger. You sure are angry with babybear. Reading your entry through, each sentence makes sense, yet I am unsure of a coherent whole, beyond that you are angry with babybear over some comment she made to Gort. A little more detail on how you are angry with her, or a few more colourful insults, would have worked a treat in this. A good work-up though, and I was particularly impressed with your gratuitously working-in of references to other threads.

GRITS:
quote:
That was scary, child! You made me afraid, that’s for reals. And I could actually understand every word of your post, which made it even scarier.

STOO:
quote:
Another Calling to Hell?

It was unstructured, uncontrolled and unbelievably dire. Oh – and the ‘Bleeps’ really are pathetic.

Total Score: 5

--------------------
Andrew Knoll

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016