homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Fertility Problems II (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Fertility Problems II
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry to hear about your endo, Tina, it is (I gather) nasty to have - I do know that the surgery improves your chances quite a bit, though.

We're still hanging in here, I think I can manage to make it to the scan on Friday so I'm just praying that is good news - it is unlikely to be conclusively negative but it might be inconclusive as it will be quite early still (6w - for those like, erm, the nameless shipmate who rang me the other night, who don't understand pregnancy dating, this does NOT mean I've known I'm pregnant for 6 weeks nor does it mean 6 weeks since conception...).

ETA Page 5 - and not all the posts by me!

[ 02. May 2007, 09:43: Message edited by: chukovsky ]

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
The shipmate formerly known as Goar.

Posts: 1360 | From: Gatorland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good luck with the scan [Votive] .
Posts: 5349 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all so much for your prayers - the scan was, erm, fine. More than fine. We saw a heartbeat! I'm in a bit of a state of shock to be honest, not helped by very little sleep last night, but this is very good news.

Okay, I'm a bit [Yipee] . I admit it.

Not out of the woods yet - I think a heartbeat at 6 weeks means about an 80% chance - so this increases our chances but we would still appreciate more prayers. We're back for another scan in 2 weeks.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Many prayers for you and yours while you wait Chuk and much joy at the small, wee heartbeat.

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] Still praying.

--------------------
Kindness is mandatory. Anger is necessary. Despair is a terrible idea. Despair is how they win. They won't win forever.

Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Author's homepage   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

[Votive]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15193 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thinking of you Chukovsky [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2887 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! A heartbeat [Yipee]

Still keeping eyes tightly screwed up (and so is every soft toy in the house)

[Votive] [Votive]

BK

Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What lovely, lovely news! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will keep praying.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9520 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

- Posted      Profile for Ruudy   Email Ruudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that kicks ass, Chukovsky. Here is a prayer that we have used at home during Suusan's pregnancies, that I thought I would share:

O Lord God Almighty, Creator of all things and the Giver of all knowledge, Thou has fashioned our bodies from the earth, and breathed into our nostrils the breath of life and granted unto mankind thy blessing that we might increase and multiply through the birth giving of women to children.

We beseech Thee now O Thou who lovest mankind to bless thy Handmaid, CHUKOVSKY, who is with child, granting her strength and health and a sure sense of thy presence, and bring her to a safe delivery. Yea, O Lord, open Thou the treasury of thy mercies and thy compassions unto her, and let her give birth to a fruitful vine, that s/he may be a cause of joy unto the length of her days.

Keep safe from harm the child she bears that in due time s/he may see both the light of day and the light of thy kingdom.

Give thy grace unto thy servant, MR SPOUSE, O Lord that he may be a strong, loving and wise support, showing the same love for his wife that thy Son showed for his bride, the Church.

For Thou art blessed, together with thine only begotten Son, and thine all-Holy, good and life-giving Spirit: now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen! to that! [Votive]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] [Votive]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11881 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Smile] Praying, and giving thanks for a heartbeat!

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7653 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Happy and praying

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A heartbeat!!!!!! yEAH Yes...my gyno said if you have a heartbeat it a vital time and my understanding is you have MORE than an 80 % chance!!!!!!!!
Will continue to shut my eyes tight!!!!!!!!

Rest heaps and take it easy.

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
chukovsky [Votive] [Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5239 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May God hold you and your new little one in His hands Chukovsky. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20431 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile] [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

Thank you all for your continued prayers - I'm still quite nervous to be honest though less so than I was before the scan - unfortunately once you have had as many miscarriages as me, and when the heartbeat is seen quite early, the realistic chance is more or less exactly 80%. But I keep telling myself that is a good chance.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying from a long way away for you, chukovsky (and Spouse) and Tina (and Spike) [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5758 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
still praying hard.

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2380 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

Thank you all - I had a slightly stressful day yesterday but I think I have managed to work out how to tell Personnel about my ante-natal appointments without having to tell my big-mouthed head of dept. Other than that no news is probably good news... I keep saying that, don't I?

--------------------

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Still reading and praying for you

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] daily prayers ascending from the Cresswell Clan.
Posts: 4609 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

Please God [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Burning a whole toenail of the Fifth Elephant here for Chukovsky [Votive]

Jane R

Posts: 3956 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] chuk & the chukling.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos:

I'm not sure whether this sounds like a new band or the nausea experienced by the mum-to-be, but Amos's names alerted me to your good news. Many best wishes [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34566 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

please God

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:

I'm not sure whether this sounds like a new band or the nausea experienced by the mum-to-be
The way I've been feeling the last couple of days, the latter. Haven't thrown up yet... but I think I need to eat something now...

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Author's homepage   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15193 | From: The Stables | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chukovsky:
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:

I'm not sure whether this sounds like a new band or the nausea experienced by the mum-to-be
The way I've been feeling the last couple of days, the latter. Haven't thrown up yet... but I think I need to eat something now...
Well, that's a good sign. Frankly, I hope your pregnancy hormones are running so high that you are sick! (In the nicest possible way, of course!)

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3445 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was thinking similar thoughts. It is two weeks since we first learned the news, and now you are feeling sick... Daft, but it makes me smile. [Big Grin]

Continuing prayers

bb

Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dee.
Ship's Theological Acrobat
# 5681

- Posted      Profile for Dee.   Email Dee.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for chuckovsky, the wee one and mr spouse.

Please God [Votive]

--------------------
Jesus - nice bloke, bit religious

Posts: 2679 | From: Under Downunder | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

[Votive]

--------------------

Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs M & I are trying again. We're keen for MiniMatrix (who just keeps getting more amazing every day) to have a sibling.

Mrs M has been injecting for the last few weeks. This week is the week for the ops.

Our protocl varies from the norm again as we don't want to create "spares" and we keep getting reminded how this affects our chances. We only have to look at MiniM to know that it's only partly in the hands of doctors, but it does play in the mind.

Either friday or the following monday will be transfer day. Please pray.

[ 13. May 2007, 13:49: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Definitely praying, for the matrixes, for chukovsky, and for the others I don't know about.
[Votive]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11881 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive]

--------------------

Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Mrs M & I are trying again. We're keen for MiniMatrix (who just keeps getting more amazing every day) to have a sibling.

Mrs M has been injecting for the last few weeks. This week is the week for the ops.

Our protocl varies from the norm again as we don't want to create "spares" and we keep getting reminded how this affects our chances. We only have to look at MiniM to know that it's only partly in the hands of doctors, but it does play in the mind.

Either friday or the following monday will be transfer day. Please pray.

[Votive]

--------------------

chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

Thinking of the matrices, too. [Votive]

I'm still feeling much the same, trying to relax and not get too anxious. But that is very difficult!

--------------------

Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scan today has given us this update. Ops will be friday, E.T. on Monday

M

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

I check this thread daily....

Prayers for Matrixes...the emotional strain is so much...

--------------------

Jerry Boam
Shipmate
# 4551

- Posted      Profile for Jerry Boam   Email Jerry Boam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Posts: 2165 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

Prayers ascending [Votive]

--------------------

Ruudy
Shipmate
# 3939

[Votive]

--------------------

babybear
# 34

Prayers and best wishes for tomorrow.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016