homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Fertility Problems II (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Fertility Problems II
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
has anyone heard from chuk?

I just did. Don't know any details but I'm sure prayers would still be very very much appreciated.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Spouse

Ship's Pedant
# 3353

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Spouse   Email Mr. Spouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apologies for not updating the situation since yesterday but we wanted to be sure before saying anything.

A basic scan at our local A&E yesterday was unable to trace a heartbeat. This afternoon we went to Liverpool Women's Hospital who did a more detailed scan and confirmed the worst. It looks like there had been no growth for about a week. Chukovsky was admitted and operated on later in the afternoon. She is ok but groggy (so much she couldn't even get to the shop for chocolate) and we're both wondering why. [Waterworks]

She'll be staying overnight and coming home tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. Please don't stop as we work through this.

--------------------
Try to have a thought of your own, thinking is so important. - Blackadder

Posts: 1814 | From: Here, there & everywhere | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Continued prayers for you both [Votive] [Votive] [Frown]
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too [Tear] . (I have access to a supply of hand made chocolates some of which will head your way next week, I know it's a poor consolation but still).

Was thinking of your family at our little communion service this morning.

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm really very sorry. Prayers ascending.

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] indeed for you.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Frown] so sorry
Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so sorry. I really did hope that this would be the time it all went well. Of course we'll keep praying for you both.

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
babybear
Bear faced and cheeky with it
# 34

- Posted      Profile for babybear   Email babybear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so deeply sorry.
Posts: 13287 | From: Cottage of the 3 Bears (and The Gremlin) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no. So sorry. [Frown]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What can I say that will mean anything? I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. I'll be praying.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
rosamundi

Ship's lacemaker
# 2495

- Posted      Profile for rosamundi   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
Website.
Ship of Fools flickr group

Posts: 2382 | From: here or there | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] I am so sorry - it doesn't help to say I think I know how you feel; I just remember how I felt.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry [Frown] . Praying for you both.
Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am very, very sorry. Praying [Votive] [Votive] [Tear]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Grace and peace
M

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Prayers continuing....

Mary

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh I cant believe it. So very very sorry.

Much love and hugs and prayers.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bronwyn
Shipmate
# 52

- Posted      Profile for Bronwyn   Email Bronwyn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So sorry, [Tear] [Votive] [Waterworks]

Will remember you in my prayers.

--------------------
Fragile X syndrome is part of our lives. Someone I love makes me proud who has this syndrome. I love you Miriam.

Posts: 1221 | From: Melbourne (Australia) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am saddened to hear this. Prayers offered. [Votive]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"To eat bread without hope is still, slowly to starve to death." --Pearl S. Buck

Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Prayers for facing this loss and for courage and wellness for the future.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so very sorry, too. We all love you both, you know.

These are the names of my little ones who are in heaven already, most of them named after angels, and one named after a saint on whose feast day it was: Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Angelina, and Paraskeva. It really helps through the years to remember them by name.

CuppaT

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Words are inadequate. [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To echo kelly, words are inadequate.

[Votive]

Jenny and Stu.

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh gosh [Frown] [Tear]
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Waterworks]

There are no words.

Jane R

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks]

I'm so sorry. Prayers for you both [Frown]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh no. So, so sorry. Praying [Votive]
Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Caz...
Shipmate
# 3026

- Posted      Profile for Caz...   Email Caz...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What gutting, terrible news. I am so very sorry.

[Votive] and more than a little raging at God from over here.

--------------------
"What have you been reading? The Gospel according to St. Bastard?" - Eddie Izzard

Posts: 1888 | From: here to there | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Worm in the Grass
Shipmate
# 10999

- Posted      Profile for Worm in the Grass   Email Worm in the Grass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No words but many prayers [Votive] [Waterworks]

--------------------
Christian satire attracts people who are serious about religion. It's a method of coping with the difference between what religion ought to be about and what it is. (Jengie Jon)

Posts: 273 | From: somewhere near Canberra | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for you both.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] thinking of you at this time.

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With others who have posted I have no words, but am praying for you both. I am so very sorry.

[Votive]

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only just caught up with this.

No words... just [Waterworks] [Votive]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks] [Votive]

praying for you both

if there's anything practical we can do, don't hesitate to ask

ij and dl xx

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
SnowQueen
Apprentice
# 12600

- Posted      Profile for SnowQueen   Email SnowQueen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

I hope everything comes right for you at the end of all this.

Posts: 9 | From: London | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
busyknitter
Shipmate
# 2501

- Posted      Profile for busyknitter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So very sorry [Votive]
Posts: 903 | From: The Wool Basket | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"...and God looked down... and God's great heart was touched with pity, with everlasting pity..."

When it happened to me it helped me a little to remember that God has lost a child, too.

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So very sorry. Prayers offered [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
bush baptist
Shipmate
# 12306

- Posted      Profile for bush baptist     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 1784 | From: drought-stricken land | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So very sorry
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Joan Rasch
Shipmate
# 49

- Posted      Profile for Joan Rasch   Email Joan Rasch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
* A cyclist on the information bikepath

Posts: 509 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016