homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: 2007 Ship of Fools Celebrity Death Pool (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: 2007 Ship of Fools Celebrity Death Pool
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
did anyone else have Lord Renton on their list?

2 points and sadness at his passing on.

M

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was sad to hear that Ruth Graham, the wife of evangelist Billy Graham died yesterday evening. She was a great lady. [Tear]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If anyone had Bernard Manning , that's 24 points to you now.

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't believe no one had Bernard Manning. Very unhealthy and deeply disliked, surely we should all have had him on our lists somewhere. A big oversight.

Cheers,

Uriel.

Posts: 687 | From: Somerset, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't even know he had died.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Kurt Waldheim died on 14th June.

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
SoF a "prick against Bigotterie"

Posts: 540 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matrix
Shipmate
# 3452

- Posted      Profile for Matrix     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piara Khabra MP has passed on. aged 82.

M

[ 20. June 2007, 19:29: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Maybe that's all a family really is; a group of people who miss the same imaginary place. - Garden State

Posts: 3847 | From: The courts of the King | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Opera great Beverly Sills is not long for this world, I fear. God bless her.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
marmot

Mountain mammal
# 479

- Posted      Profile for marmot   Email marmot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And an update: CNN says she has passed away. A great and gracious lady.

--------------------
Join me in "The Legion of Bad Monkeys"

Posts: 2754 | From: The land of Saint Damien | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by marmot:
And an update: CNN says she has passed away. A great and gracious lady.

Yes, indeed. Her heart and spirit were as beautiful as her voice. She will be missed.

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I saw her once on stage as The Daughter of the Regiment. She made a great little hellion! [Big Grin]

May she rest in peace. [Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Legodude_uk

Protector of Zebras
# 5671

- Posted      Profile for Legodude_uk   Email Legodude_uk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did anyone have George Melly, jazz singer?

--------------------
If a man is standing in a forest speaking but there are no women around to hear him...is he still wrong?

Posts: 2619 | From: The Home of the Saints | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, I did. I break my duck with 20 points. I don't think I'm the only one.

(cross-posted)

[ 05. July 2007, 10:18: Message edited by: Sioni Sais ]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
George Melly has broken a two year duck for me!

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm not sure if anyone had her on their list, but Lady Bird Johnson just passed away. [Votive]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I did, and I regret that my second thought on hearing the sad news was "Hey, she's on my Dead Pool!".

She was a great lady and leaves a great legacy. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The only living first lady preReagan who wasn't on my list.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

- Posted      Profile for Petrified   Email Petrified   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Charles Lane died on 9th July, don't think anyone had him but he was 102 so no points anyway

--------------------
At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett:
10. Lady Bird Johnson

I had her on my list this year also.
She was 94 years old according to news stories.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't think Nigel Dempster was on anyone's list.

As Daily Mail and Daily Express writers go he was a good'un: at least he could investigate a story and write, which is a whole lot more than most of diarists and their lesser companions, gossip columnists, can do. I find the line about him "deflating the ego's of the pompous and idle rich" inconsistent with effusive praise from newspaper editors.

35 points if you have him.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Pratt-Dumpster (as Hislop called him) is dead? Well, well, well...

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tammy Fae Messner (Formerly Bakker) has gone to that great TV studio in the sky.

Not sure if she's on anyone's list, but I guess she was once a celebrity.

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Mike Reid

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ingmar Bergman : Checkmate

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know if he's on anyone's list, but Tom Snyder has died. He was a former U.S. late night talk show host, and a unique talent.

[ 30. July 2007, 14:57: Message edited by: MrSponge2U ]

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good God. Bill Walsh died today. He was 75 but I always thought he'd be here forever.

Rest in peace, Bill.

b. (really stunned by this news)

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrSponge2U

Ship’s scrub
# 3076

- Posted      Profile for MrSponge2U   Author's homepage   Email MrSponge2U   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Michaelangelo Antonioni. It's been a tough week for acclaimed European film directors.

--------------------
sig? what sig?

Posts: 3558 | From: where two big rivers meet | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Petrified

Ship’s ballast
# 10667

Phil Drabble, died on Sunday aged 93

--------------------

Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

- Posted      Profile for Uriel   Email Uriel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lee Hazlewood (writer of 'These Boots are Made for Walkin) has sung his last, aged 78.

Cheers,

Uriel
(Who now, along with Marcheline Bertrand, has two off his list [Devil] )

Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Merv Griffin has died.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord Deeds has died. 94, so not many points.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Max Roach RIP [Votive] . The world just lost a big chunk of its swing.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Queen of Mean has died in New York.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
The Queen of Mean has died in New York.

aw crud. I thought you meant Ann Coulter.

*sigh*

[Biased]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, comet. One can hope, though.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
guinness girl

Ship's Barmaid
# 4391

- Posted      Profile for guinness girl   Email guinness girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
RIP Michael Jackson, beer expert :-( Beer lovers around the world will mourn you. [Votive]

--------------------
supplying people with laughs at my expense since 1982!

Posts: 463 | From: Leeds, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm assuming that the three people who named Michhael Jackson were thinking of some other person?
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
8) Jane Tomlinson

I feel slightly sick to admit to having this one on my list [Tear] [Votive]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lowly Worm

Ship's Annelid
# 11663

- Posted      Profile for Lowly Worm     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anyone have Luciano Pavarotti?

--------------------
"Be here now, be somewhere else later. Is that so difficult?" - David Bader

Sinistærial
Ship's Lefty
# 5834

- Posted      Profile for Sinistærial   Author's homepage   Email Sinistærial   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
  1. Stevie Boy Wonder
  2. Lyda*Rose
  3. Uriel
  4. Timothy the Obscure
  5. Big Steve

--------------------
People laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at other people because they are all the same.
æ = æ

Posts: 894 | From: The Holy City - Adelaide | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

quote:
Originally posted by Lowly Worm:
Anyone have Luciano Pavarotti?

That's two great ones this year. I don't recall if I ever heard Sills and Pavarotti together, but I have fond memories of both.

I always preferred Domingo - more a matter of style than anything else. I think Luciano had the better voice. What a gift to have heard so many wonderful singers all active at the same time.

[Uriel has added a couple of pots of points lately. I have him on 164, and unless lots of people start dying, he's going to run away with this year's contest.]

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Why do people who have Yeltsin get 34 points! I protest! He was 76!!

And 39 for Pavrotti!

[Disappointed]

:Sends list keeper a calculator:

[Big Grin]

[Biased]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm feeling so bad because I have Owen Wilson on my list and he just tried to commit suicide. And he's a celebrity I actually like and admire, unlike most of my list, so my first thought was to feel terribly sad and say a prayer for him, and my second was "But he's only 38 ... that would've been 62 points..."

There is something sadly warped about this game, and yet ... here I am ....

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So was it coincidence that you have him on your list or did you figure he was highrisk for something?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

quote:
Originally posted by PeteCanada:

FWIW, Petey, he made the same mistake for everyone. So I give him points for consistency. Ten extra points, to be exact. [Razz]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
WTFWED?

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

quote:
Originally posted by PeteCanada:

[Hot and Hormonal]
Is that what one of those things is?!

That'll teach me to check the ship (and try doing something requiring thought) at 5am.

quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
FWIW, Petey, he made the same mistake for everyone. So I give him points for consistency. Ten extra points, to be exact. [Razz]

Times 11 people who had Boris is 110, please. [Razz]
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Trudy Scrumptious:
There is something sadly warped about this game, and yet ... here I am ....

I'm sad and warped too - I can't decide whether I'm thrilled or disappointed that everyone on my list (except Saddam Hussein) is still hanging in there. As Sallah said in Raiders of the Lost Ark, "Holy smokes, my friends, I'm so pleased you're not dead!" OliviaG

ETA But I am having fun imagining Bubbles and the King of the High Cs doing Daughter of the Regiment up in Heaven even as we speak!

[ 06. September 2007, 22:04: Message edited by: OliviaG ]

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
So was it coincidence that you have him on your list or did you figure he was highrisk for something?

No, I was just trying to think of celebrities under 40, on the theory that they live pretty high-risk lives and I'd clean up on points if even one of them died. I'm still kicking myself for not including Anna Nicole.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uriel
Shipmate
# 2248

quote:
Originally posted by basso:
Uriel has added a couple of pots of points lately. I have him on 164, and unless lots of people start dying, he's going to run away with this year's contest.

I feel quite bad about getting Jane Tomlinson and Luciano in quick succession. But, if you did your research back in December you could have easily found both in a high risk category.

With my lead established lets hope that all celebrities have a happy and healthy rest of 2007.

Cheers,

Uriel.

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow. This game is appallingly twisted.

I'm going to start my list right now so I can play next year! [Big Grin]

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016