homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 92)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I am first to play but already seem destined for last place!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Foiled again!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Feed the Guessometer here.

Despite changing a right answer to a wrong one [Mad] and only getting 8/10 I still managed fifth place - must have been a hard quiz!

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
******* 'Murcan sport. [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Only 9/10 and it should have been higher - I blame my innate stupidity, I'm sure reading the question would have helped.

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Only 9/10 and it should have been higher - I blame my innate stupidity, I'm sure reading the question would have helped.

On the easy or very easy ones, I find that if I read the questions, I finish well out of the money - every time. If I only read the first few words of some of them and get one or more wrong, I finish well out of the money - but sometimes I get them all right. So, that's what I play for. Especially if I see several people with a 10 and a very quick time.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I actually remembered the answer to the Gilligan's Island question from the last time it came up!

[Yipee]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guess-o-meter was 0 for 2 for me today. Thus the last place position.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's what I get for skimming the questions. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Foiled by the book-order in the Old Testament again ... [brick wall]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Twice the Guessometer whacked me up the side of my head. Twice I thought "Nah, that's too easy." Twice I was wrongwrongwrong. [Killing me]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't think any of it was too easy, but the Guessometer still hit me on the head. Twice.

[Mad]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

First yesterday [Smile] Last today [Frown]

That's the way it goes. Guessed at least 4 times today, and got three wrong.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Second place (33 seconds) on a "very easy" day, when most people are whizzing round the quiz in 25 seconds!

That'll do nicely. [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Yay! I'm at the top! I don't care if it's only for ten minutes! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm an idiot. [brick wall]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I'm an idiot. [brick wall]

I'm a bigger one!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer was smokin' hot today - I even changed a wrong answer to a right one.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Guessometer was smokin' hot today - I even changed a wrong answer to a right one.

[Yipee]

Yes siree!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I was only three years old in 1965. I think I'm entitled to get question 1 wrong. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

At the top for the moment. Yesterday was helping Pete hold up everyone else from the bottom. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Should have gone with my instincts, but changed a right to a wrong.

Bother. [brick wall]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

See what happens when you don't read the question (or the answer) correctly? Let me be your horrible example. [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Propping up the table for the moment. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My profound thanks to Oinkster and Signaller for remedying yesterday's state of affairs. [Big Grin]

Does anyone else find that when they give you the same question twice (but worded just slightly differently) it actually slows you down, because you have to do a double take?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessometer was right. I was wrong. *sigh*

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You too??

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I was a very wise little piglet and listened to the blessèd Guessometer.

Not a very fast little piglet, but a very wise one. [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oh my. Must remember to offer the Guessometer some bribes...errr...gifts soon.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

In my case it wasn't the Guessometer's fault; in fact, it gently guided me to a right guess* when I was going to put a wrong one.

My problem was that I can't count the letters of the alphabet on my fingers. [brick wall]

* in a question about an American TV show I've never watched, wouldn't you know? [Devil]

eta: how did I manage to be in third place? [Confused]

[ 04. April 2017, 21:03: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Nicely done, Guessometer. Out of four, Guessometer got three right! [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Verona, Piglet you idiot, not Venice. [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Ah, that's better.

Broke the 30-second barrier (a rare event for me), and on a Sunday too! [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I hadn't heard of any of them and the Guessometer failed me!

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It worked beautifully for me - pass the oxygen! [Yipee]

Welcome back, by the way - great to see the Weasel back on the scoreboard. [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessometer had a good workout today. I was only skimming, which usually gets me in hot water!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer was rockin' it today - at least two right guesses and a gentle nudge from a wrong to a right.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Chuffing American politics. [Mad]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Common sentiment these days.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well, that was a bit rubbish. A TV show I've never watched, a book I've never read and D. saying "see you later" half-way through don't make for a very high place on the leader-board.

I'm grateful to Sharkshooter for keeping me off the bottom ... [Devil]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
I'm grateful to Sharkshooter for keeping me off the bottom ... [Devil]

At your service!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Today, like Atlas, I'm holding the rest of the quizzers on my strong (ha), broad (HaHa!) shoulders. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm delighted to report that the Guessometer knows more about Elvis Presley songs than I do. [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

If the Guessometer would have shared that secret with me, Piglet, I wouldn't have been languishing under the 10 correct answers crowd! [Razz]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another internet blip on loading puts me in danger of being beaten by Pete later.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoo!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't think 33 seconds would get me very far up the leader-board with a quiz like that.

Seventh place seems to be my default setting ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

So, I clicked on the quiz link, then looked out the window and started daydreaming. Imagine my surprise when I looked at my laptop, and there was the quiz waiting patiently for me to start choosing answers! Oops.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
new month, so I thought I would join in

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rats! I would have got nine, but didn't realise I'd not answered one!
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016