homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Decluttering support thread (Page 50)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Decluttering support thread
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I have decluttered (temporarily) some of the family photos, prior to putting Chateau S on the market. I feel bereft! [Waterworks]

Next step is to get rid of the GIN Museum - it's all right, Piglet and Pigwidgeon, the GIN Museum contains only empty GIN bottles! But, they are unusual ones like Twisted Nose, Star of Bombay, Copper House and so on. I shall be sad to see them go, but it will provide an opportunity to start emptying a selection of *new* empty GIN bottles [Big Grin] for a new GIN Museum when we do finally get to move, if ever that happy day comes!

Mrs. S, sadly stacking empty bottles

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1377 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having donated so many clothes over the past few months, the empty hangers have been multiplying and are threatening to take over the house. So I was delighted to learn that my favorite Thrift Shop will be happy to take them off my hands (I know some places are equally overwhelmed with hangers and won't accept donated ones). They'll be heading to greener pastures this afternoon.

In a couple weeks I'm having my bedroom closet re-done, so I'll be moving the contents to the guest room during the process. NOTHING will be allowed back into the bedroom closet without careful consideration.

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9438 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait, wait. Does the S household empty these gin bottles before adding them to the collection? should I come over with vermouth and some lemon peels?

There are a class of items which are difficult to sell on ebay -- bookcases, let us say. I have discovered that Facebook Yard Sale allows you to sell items to people within driving distance of your house. Shed a bookcase and an apple peeling machine yesterday, and am looking forward to getting rid of boxes of oddball Xmas ornaments today.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5633 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
... the empty hangers have been multiplying ...

But of course they have - leave two coat hangers in one place and they'll breed like rabbits.

Having said that, when we moved (without our belongings - we didn't think we'd be without them for as long as we were) we only took the clothes that we could fit into two suitcases and an overnight bag, and coat-hangers didn't occur to us, so we actually had to buy some ... [Eek!]

Needless to say, they started multiplying as soon as we got our stuff back. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19568 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You do realise, don't you, that paper clips are the larval form of metal coat-hangers?

Not sure where the wooden ones come from - although there is a great hatchery which goes by the name of "IKEA" (even available in Piglet-land, I see).

Posts: 9404 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
You do realise, don't you, that paper clips are the larval form of metal coat-hangers?

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] Quotes file!
quote:
... "IKEA" (even available in Piglet-land, I see).
Sadly, Piglet-land is a Very Big Country, and the nearest IKEA is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, which is 4½ hours away. There is a collection point here, but that's not as much fun as actually going to the shop (and you don't get the gravadlax or meatballs).

One day we'll get round to visiting the Halifax or Montreal branch (Montreal's 8 hours away).

At least the modest dimensions of the Pigletmobile should put some limitations on our spending ... [Big Grin]

[ 01. November 2017, 00:19: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19568 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016