homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Circus: Mafia Part II: La Cosa Nova
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
On the way out of the town hall, Autumn stopped to slip a note into the Questions & Suggestions box:

Teufelchen, do the nominations and defense phases continue in solely 24 hours chunks over the weekend? Or do they get extended as if Sat. and Sun. don't exist, except that defense can begin as soon as 3 nominations have been made, if that happens sooner?

The intention is that the cycle of phases continues regardless of the actual calendar date. Some people have better access at weekends, and others worse, and I feel it's more balanced not to hold things up trying to second-guess this. Others are free to disagree, of course - do let me know.

However, we did in fact get three nominations within 24 hours of Pure Sunshine's death scene, so let the defence begin!

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Posts: 3894 | From: London area | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

- Posted      Profile for Teufelchen   Email Teufelchen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The nominations are:

Autenrieth Road nominated by CuppaT
Rugmaker nominated by Autenrieth Road
Linguo nominated by Chelley

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So being quiet is a punishable offence now? All i've done is try to keep the town supplied with hgih quality floor coverings, and suddenly I'm mass murderer? I've posted regularly and nevr tried to fly beneath the radar. Yes, I voted to lynch Zorro - but so did lots of people, and I for one am sorry we got it wrong. But lynch me and you'll be making another huge mistake. Now Linguo looks another cup of tea altogether to me. There's someone who has been far too quiet for comfort and looks to clearly have something to hide. My defence rests. I've done nothing wrong and so have nothing to defend.

--------------------
Waiting to think of something witty to put here.

Posts: 1319 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Floor coverings? I thought you were in the musical instrument business - with the violin cases in your front window a specialty...

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was really non-plussed by CuppaT's nomination of me. I'd been mulling Detective Izzybee's final words, and wondering if she was trying to tell us something. I had pretty much decided "No" when CuppaT came to the opposite conclusion. Now, CuppaT might be right that there's a secret message, but if so, then since it's not pointing to me, we'd need to try to figure out who it could be pointing to. Which I guess we could try next round. I can't do that though, cause I just don't see it.

Here's why I think "No."

First of all, it reads just like many other death scenes. Think back to Pesto City. The vague allusions to someone in town, to someone involved with lynching people, creeping up on the victim.

Second of all, when could Izzybee have gained this knowledge? If she knew it before last "night's" action, then she would have hinted about it, e.g. by nominating someone, suggesting that she had suspicions of someone, etc.

If Izzybee gained this knowledge last "night" (in the event that Izzybee got her question in early and Teufelchen sends out the reply to the Detective query as soon as he's asked, which I don't know if that's how he does it), then she would have worded her scene more specifically e.g. "from information garnered in her most recent inquiries."

Third of all, why be cryptic at all? The only reason for the Detective to normally be veiled in her revelations is so that the Bad Guys don't catch on and murder her.

Since the only "evidence" against me is the possible secret message (hmmm, maybe it is a message, pointing to CuppaT, and that's why she was so quick to nominate someone else), I'm not going to go into any of the other gazillion and one reasons pointing to my being a Citizen. Which, amazingly enough, all point to me being a Citizen because I am one.

Autumn wanted to go join Dorothy Banner Lady in a milkshake (my, that's a large milkshake), but felt uncomfortable going into the Cuppy's Cuppa Chocolate Café, what with the owner glaring at her and all. She slowly put her car in gear and drove back down to the beach. She wondered if maybe Dorothy would want to manage the Zorro Memorial Cooking School.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Voting begins

Voting last for 36 hours from the time of this post. As mentioned before, 6 votes, or 5 with divided opposition, will be enough to hang a nominee.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Autumn Wreath, after reflecting, decided that on the whole she was more convinced by Chelley's nominating argument about the shadowy purveyor of linguoini and other fine pastas, than her own argument about the rugshop proprietor.

I vote for Linguo.

--------------------
Truth

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I vote for Linguo for reasons already given.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

- Posted      Profile for Rugmaker   Email Rugmaker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to have convinced at least one person of my innocence, I too vote for

Linguo

for reasons already given coupled with Chelley's excellent arguments.

--------------------

nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I honestly haven't the faintest idea so I shall follow the crowd and vote Linguo , sorry
leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well I can't see any strong reasons to suspect AR, and Linguo has been rather quiet, and it does make me suspicious, but I should know that being quiet doesn't prove guilt.

Rugmaker did vote, like the 'Ndrinu Basso, to lynch Wet Kipper shortly before his death, so my vote is to lynch Rugmaker.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Posts: 892 | From: Stage left | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, in keeping with my rotten track record, I vote for Linguo too.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

5 votes for Linguo

Linguo will now be lynched unless everyone who has not voted votes for Rugmaker.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was debating about Linguo, but I guess I will stick with my first hunch and vote against Autenrieth Road. At least it prevents a take-over against Rugmaker for now.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Linguo is lynched

CuppaT's vote for Autenrieth Road means that no-one else can poll as many votes as Linguo has, which is half the electorate. Accordingly, Linguo is lynched. Sadly for the people of Cosenza Beach, Linguo was the town's Watchman, defending innocent citizens against the depredations of gangsters. Linguo should post an appropriately guilt-inducing death scene shortly.

And so, on this tragic state of affairs, night falls. If you've business after dark, go for it.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Gaaaaack! No Detective, no Watchman. And who knows how many Mafia and 'Ndrinu still at large [Disappointed] .

Autumn proceeds slowly home, sadly realizing she will have to change the name to the Zorro & Linguo Memorial Cooking School.

--------------------
Truth

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Hermit slain in revenge attack

Cosenza Beach's gang violence became an all-out vendetta last night, with the murder of Chelley the Hermit. Chelley had been seen close to the scene of another killing earlier in the night, and is thought to have been followed. Celeste Smudgeson, the earlier victim, was an innocent girl-about-town. However, a search of the hermit's shack has revealed that he was a member of the Mafia, who are currently engaged in a fierce turf war with their Calabrian rivals, the 'Ndrangheta. It seems likely that the hermit was killed in retaliation for the recent death of 'Ndrinu agent Ezio the barman. The police were reported to have bought single rail tickets to New York.

Smudgie was killed in the night. She was a Citizen.
Someone also toasted Chelley. He was a Mafioso.

Day breaks.

The remaining players are:

Autenrieth Road
Banner Lady
CuppaT
Lamb Chopped
Leonato
nem
Rugmaker

Nominations begin once both victims, as well as Linguo, have posted death scenes. With seven of you left, just four votes will be enough to hang someone.

T.

[ 13. November 2006, 16:16: Message edited by: Teufelchen ]

--------------------
Little devil

Linguo

Ship's grammar robot
# 7220

- Posted      Profile for Linguo   Email Linguo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The young man in grey whistled as he stepped down from the train at Cosenza Beach. The trip out of town had been fun and all, but he was looking forward to getting back to work. Maybe the killings would have slowed down as well.

He exited the station, and vaguely noticed a crowd. An angry crowd. Something unpleasant must have happened. He made his way towards the press of people, who regrettably were between him and the bus station.

"What? Hey, what are you...? EEEK! Noooooo...."

Poor, foolish citizens of Cosenza Beach. As they pawed through his effects they found his warrrant card, and the reason for his low profile became clear. They'd hanged an undercover watchman.

Posts: 997 | From: around and about the place | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A ghostly pre-death scene voice came from somewhere or other... she was the top, terrible, female mafioso thank you!!

[ 13. November 2006, 16:29: Message edited by: Chelley ]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
A ghostly pre-death scene voice came from somewhere or other... she was the top, terrible, female mafioso thank you!!

Oops. Posthumous apologies, signora.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

Chelley the hermit crept out of her small wooden home once more, as she had on so many other nights, and made her way into town. She kept to the shadows as she went to find Celeste 'Smudgie' Smudgeson.
After the job was done... Chelley made her way home, but this night was different - because as she walked through the door of her home, something made her start. There was someone lurking there... but she could think no more as the shot put an end to her... the hermit slumped to the floor... dead.

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

My goodness. So much blood on our hands. Where is Lamb Chopped these days? It's a veritable feast of gore...

So, the 'ndrinu are doing well. 3 mafioso out and at least 2 of the players left must belong to the other gang. Very interesting.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Dorothy read over the unusual letter from her landlady one more time. It seemed to be an offer of employment. How kind that was in her present circumstances!

Dorothy wondered if she should admit that she couldn't cook cordon bleu to save her life. She also wondered if such a concern would get enough clientele as the beach town seemed to be fast dwindling in population. Even the police had deserted the place.

But never one to let lack of talent daunt her, Dorothy picked up her sparkly red glitter pen and in her round, childish writing penned a profuse letter of thanks and acceptance to her benefactress. Life here was certainly full of the unexpected.

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teufelchen:
Hermit slain in revenge attack

Cosenza Beach's gang violence became an all-out vendetta last night, with the murder of Chelley the Hermit. Chelley had been seen close to the scene of another killing earlier in the night, and is thought to have been followed. Celeste Smudgeson, the earlier victim, was an innocent girl-about-town. However, a search of the hermit's shack has revealed that he was a member of the Mafia, who are currently engaged in a fierce turf war with their Calabrian rivals, the 'Ndrangheta. It seems likely that the hermit was killed in retaliation for the recent death of 'Ndrinu agent Ezio the barman. The police were reported to have bought single rail tickets to New York.

[tangential asides]

I was told (by someone not much older than I) that Back In The Days Of His Yoot, many NYPD stalwarts dreamed of being assigned to either of the two precincts heavily populated by Mob executives (one was for the up-and-coming, one was for the made men). The reported crime rates in the precincts were rather low; basically any person stupid enough to wander in to commit a crime was not likely to be a repeat offender, and not because he got sent up the river to Sing Sing as a charge on the State of New York if you know what I mean.

[asides off]

Charlotte

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

This is getting scary now. The bad guys must be close to outnumbering the good guys, and we have lost the detective and the watchman.

I too wonder where Lamb Chopped is, and what she may be up to.

[ 13. November 2006, 19:53: Message edited by: Rugmaker ]

--------------------

Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Linguo was the town's Watchman,
HA! Idiots [Razz]

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lambiekins sashays into sight, wiping the red from her lips. Damn unsanitary blood supply round here, she thinks. Hepatitis, malaria and now chickenpox. Huhhh.

She spits into the gutter. Oops. Not ladylike. Must be ladylike. Then maybe they'll overlook the lingering chicken pox marks that kept me out of, erm, circulation recently. Can't have a lady of the night with chickenpox. Nor a vampire either. It just Isn't Done.

She shudders. Of course, there aren't that many of us left to notice. Getting a bit quiet round here.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glancing in the mirror in her little apartment, Celeste Smudgeson adjusts her "upholstery" - how could anyone deny that she was a prominent citizen dressed like this? She was looking forward to the karaoke and it had been a bitter blow when the news had broken that Basso was no more. This town was getting to be less than welcoming and perhaps a move to happier and safer climes would be in order.

She is slightly taken aback as, reflected in the mirror, she sees her door slowly open and Chelley the Hermit appear in her room

Ah, my dear. It's unusual to see you out and about in polite company, but do come in and we'll see what we can do about rustling you up a cup of tea or something.

Excuse me, those are my support tights. Could you leave them alone please - a lady has to have some secrets, you know. No, put them down. PUT THEM ...... AAAGGGGGGGGHHHGGGGGGGGGH!

Sinking to the floor, poor Celeste Smudgeson will never achieve her ambition of finding love at 72. This poor innocent citizen has been done to death by strangulation by Chelley the Hermit and will not be dancing the paso doble tonight.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Right, time to take action. I have refrained from nominating up to now, as frankly I had no dea who was who and hoped that we might get some help from the detective. But with both the detective and watchman gone, its down to us innocent citizens to get the bad guys before they get us.

Lambchopped has been far too quiet for my liking, and while that's not a huge amount to go on, I have an inkling that she's been up to something.

I nominate Lambchopped

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

- Posted      Profile for leonato   Email leonato   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, lynching people for being too quiet has gone badly wrong twice now. We ought to look for someone who has been vocal, and who has always voted to lynch those innocent citizens - someone who voted with Basso the 'Ndrinu to lynch Wet Kipper...

I nominate Rugmaker

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

nem
Shipmate
# 11108

- Posted      Profile for nem   Email nem   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There have been so many changes in nem's life recently with so many deaths, even some on her own conscience! She tried to make note of anything said by those in the know that may prove revealing. Little did she find and yet something told her to nominate Autenrieth Road.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well! Says Lambiekins indignantly.

The nerve of some people. Too quiet indeed!

I'll have you know I was administering a little comfort and sympathy to one of the leading citizens of this town, who has been badly shocked by the horrible events of the past few days. Don't ask me for his name--I know JUST what you'd make of it!

--------------------

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

"It weren't me, guv," Autumn announced to the leader of the crowd of Masons advancing on her waving placards. "I may have been out oppressing widows and orphans, charging high rents, and snapping up old warehouses at bargain basement prices to convert to condominiums for rich people from away, but I haven't been out murdering no-one in their beds at night. Or is it anyone? No-one? Anyone? Anyway, they wasn't done by me."

"Do you always talk like that?" asked the square type who seemd to be permanently in the "Off" position, switching her placard to her other hand.

"Ummm, well, no, not really. Only when puzzled as to why I've been nominated," answered Autumn.

She sidestepped around the crowd and hurried down the street to the Zorro & Linguo Memorial Cooking School, where she locked herself inside. Curiously, it looked as if someone had started painting the lobby with red glitter paint, and green, purple, blue, yellow and red patches on the floor.

--------------------
Truth

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

This is exactly why I've avoided nominating anyone up to now. This kneeferk reaction that anyone nominating must be mafia is so predictable and frankly, so boring. Guys, the only way we citizens win the game is by lynching the mafia. Yes, I voted to lynch Zorro and so did Basso, but so did lots of other people as well. It took more than two votes, as I recall!

If we all sit back and don't lynch anybody, then the mafia win. I've gone out on a limb to try and stop that happening by nominating Lambchopped because I've a strong feeling that she's up to something. If I'm wrong, then I apologies in advance, but doing nothing is a one-way ticket to gravedom.

All I know about me is that I'm innocent and trying to save myself and my fellow citizens. I suggest that the rest of the good guys do the same, and getting rid of me will not help that cause.

My defence rests.

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

I didn't nominate you because you nominated Lambchopped, you just happened to get your nomination in first.

As I see it Basso would not have been the only 'Ndrinu to vote for Wet Kipper. They wanted him gone so they would have voted for his lynching. Only Basso, Smudgie and Rugmaker voted to lynch Wet Kipper, one was a citizen, one 'Ndrinu, one remains...

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

So because one was N'drinu and one wasn't that automatically makes me N'Drinu? Huh?

If Smudgie could vote to lynch him and be a citizen, why can't I be?

Mr Leonato, it seems to me that you are clutching at straws to try and get an innocent citizen lynched - the only motivation I can see for that is that you are N'drinu yourself. This may be a distraction to stop Lambchopped being lynched or just a ruse to get rid of another innocent citizen - me! Don't let it work, citizens! Either Leonato or Lambchopped or both now look to be N'drinu. We must lynch one now and another the next round before they get us all!

--------------------

leonato
Shipmate
# 5124

Not very likely Mr Rugmaker, remember that I very publicly accused Basso of being an 'Ndrinu, shortly before his murder - hardly the action of a fellow 'Ndrinu now was it?

Now we know for certain that the 'Ndrinu murdered Wet Kipper, and we know that one of them voted for his lynching. Those are the undeniable facts. And if one 'Ndrinu voted to lynch Wet Kipper it seems likely that at least one other did too.

--------------------
leonato... Much Ado

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

All I know is that you are trying to whip up a conspiracy against an innocent citizen on the basis of the flimsiest of evidence. As for previous voting practices, I'm sure most if not all of use have voted to lynch inncoent citizens given the number that have died.

I trust in my fellow citizens to see sense.

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs. Cuppy pins on her voting hat and toddles out to the polls again. To everyone she sees, she encourages them to vote carefully and not split the vote too much. Citizens still outnumber the thugs, so we have the advantage. Watch out for those who vote late and try to split the numbers.

Mrs. Cuppy has been thinking as she works. There have been 3 known Mafia, and 1 known ‘Ndurmmwatsits, 1 detective, 1watchman, and 4 citizen masons. With 24 original players, she can see roles being assigned to half of us as reasonable. On the other hand, it may have been some sort of strategy to have the mafia outnumber the other gang. Four to two would not be good, but 3 to 2 might have worked, or 4 to 3. She guesses that all the Mafia are dead, and that there are either 1 or 2 ‘Nd’s left. At the most, there would be one Mafia left and three ‘Nd’s. She doubts that, but if that is the case, then all citizens need to vote early or those 4 bad guys will get together and vote against one of us!

Now Mrs. Cuppy is still not sure about AR or a couple others, but that Lambchopped is just pure evil. It was not a bad way to play actually -- come in at the beginning with so weird a role that most of us ignored her posts for not knowing how to respond, then disappear for a month. When she was forced out of hiding, and remember that Teuf said that he was sure that the silent ones were still around (let the reader understand), she comes again dripping with blood. Do we really want a vampire in town?

Mrs. Cuppy reaches the voting booth and boldly votes against Lambchopped. Mrs. Cuppy reaches the voting booth and boldly votes against Lambchopped .

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

Assuming that voting has started, on the basis that three nominees have posted defences, I too vote for Lambchopped for reasons already given amplified by the excellent summary provided by CuppaT.

--------------------

Teufelchen
Shipmate
# 10158

Nominees are allowed to defend themselves as much as they like in the course of the 24 hours following the third nomination, Rugmaker. The defence phase only finishes sooner if all three of them declare their defence finished, which only you have done so far.

Voting is not open until 24 hours after nem's nomination of Autenrieth Road, which I make to be about 6h20 from the time of this post.

T.

--------------------
Little devil

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

[cross-posted with the excellent Little Red Devil. He knows your desires before you ask? [Paranoid] ]

Dear Mrs. Cuppy (Autumn reconsiders -- she just might visit the Cuppy's Cup'o'Tea and Chocolate Café and Canteen after all now that Mrs. Cuppy doesn't seem to be glaring at her quite so much), is voting open yet? I thought the defense phase lasted 24 hours, so voting won't open until 6 hours 20 minutes from now (by my calculations). Or (Autumn appeals to the skies from whence a Little Red Devil has been known to appear and answer petitions occasionally) is voting open now because everyone has said something?

[ETA: I'll rest my defense, since nem doesn't seem to have any reasons for me to answer to.]

[ 15. November 2006, 13:40: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

Sorry, Sir T. I thought that since all had defended themselves that the polls were open.
Small curtsy.

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

nem
Shipmate
# 11108

Going on previous actions Chelley nominated leonato so either he is part of the rival gang or he is innocent and as there don't seem to be many more leads I just thought I'd put forward the suggestion that Miss Road was guilty, whether or not my suspicions are comfirmed is yet to be seen.

Also Rugmaker's reasoning seems slightly flawed due to lambchopped's silence so we shall see what happens....

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

Autumn heeds Mrs. Cuppy's call to vote, even though she hasn't got a nice hat to pin on.

I vote for Lamb Chopped.

--------------------
Truth

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

It being the proper time of day, Mrs. Cuppy re-registers her vote for Lambchopped.

To Teufelchen:
How'd you do that? I saw AR's note posted over an hour ago, then it disappeared, and reappeared at the right time for voting. I have a couple of early posts that I'd rather like to disappear! [Smile]

--------------------
~Elder Sophrony

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

It was me -- I was 6 minutes early for when the voting opened -- I was thinking 40 minutes past the hour, and it was really 50 minutes past the hour. So I deleted my post, and came back an hour later when I next got free from the Accounting Software Speed Testing Vendor Reps with whom I am tied up today (via my IRL persona Autenrieth [Biased] ).

(When you edit your post, there is a checkbox above & to the left of the message, saying "Delete". Check that, then click Edit Post, and poof your post is gone.)

--------------------
Truth

Rugmaker
Shipmate
# 10728

I too reregister my vote for

Lambchopped

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Aughhhh! You're making a terrible mistake! [Tear]

Has it occurred to any of you that the most active members of our community are likely to be the Mafiosi and the, er, Nderwhatsits? Because they have more, um, invested?

My silence is positively saintly. [Angel]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

A saintly vampire? This does not compute. Lambie, if you're not mafia or 'ndrinu, at least we will have eliminated one of the undead. I think. (How ARE we going to lynch the vampire and make her stay dead pray tell?)

Dorothy votes for Lambchopped just to see if she can keep her record of being 100% wrong in tact.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016