homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » AS: Greenbelt 2007 (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Source: (consider it) Thread: AS: Greenbelt 2007
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course I'm camping with you lot.

<insert "camp" joke here>

I think Tom and Anne might be with us too (+ Matthew).

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pânts:
(BTW it's Cleeve Tesco's I'll be going past.)

Poo.

The Sainsbury's near the racecourse, as I previously posted, is good.

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
insert "camp" joke here

Oh that's where you put it is it?

(Your wish waas my command)

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Auntie Doris +? – 1 large tent
Emma, Alex, +1 – 2 ?? tents
Pants – 2 small tents
Alan, Flausa, McGyvers Apprentice (which I can't spell) + Weewan – 1 large tent
Quizmaster, Atlana – 1 large tent
Ken – 1 small tent
Persephone - 1 small tent
Genie – 1 small tent
Tractor Girl + 2 - 1 large and 1 small tent
Paul - 1 small tent

= 4 large, 9 small

And these people I’m not sure about cos I don’t think they’ve said either way
Tom, Annie and Matthew?
Screwtape?
Quercus?

And I've just painted a vague representation of the Ship logo onto my tent!!! I know someone said they had my flags from last year, but are they bringing them too?!!?

We have no 'Jesus Loves You' flags left, but do have a choice of about 500 other ones, including a pirate one!

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolphy:
quote:
(BTW it's Cleeve Tesco's I'll be going past.)

Poo.

The Sainsbury's near the racecourse, as I previously posted, is good.

I'm sure it is, but my in-laws don't live near it.

--------------------

dolphy

# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, I know [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I know someone said they had my flags from last year, but are they bringing them too?!!?

I have the SoF's one.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We have no 'Jesus Loves You' flags left

Like this one?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re tent list, we are also coming (me and Dave). We have a well proportioned tent [Smile] .
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So that's 4 large tents, 9 small tents, and WD + Dave's marquee. Think we're going to need a fair sized camping area here...

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manda
Shipmate
# 6028

- Posted      Profile for Manda   Email Manda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not camping with you lot, but may come and say hello.

Unfortunately have to work till 5 on Friday, so can't make the traditional 6 o'clock bar session, but if a couple of people could PM me mobile numbers I'll find you and bug you at some point
(yeah I know I had some from last year, but then I went abroad and my phone lost all it's numbers so I need them again).

--------------------
'Hypnotically fabulous AND twinkly' - The Lad Himself

Posts: 1137 | From: Back in little old Wiltshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
So that's 4 large tents, 9 small tents, and WD + Dave's marquee. Think we're going to need a fair sized camping area here...

Maybe we could get all the small tents inside the large tents...

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
We have no 'Jesus Loves You' flags left

Like this one?

Auntie Doris x

Yup. Someone has that one from last year!

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

quote:
Pants – 2 small tents
Alan, Flausa, McGyvers Apprentice (which I can't spell) + Weewan – 1 large tent
Ken – 1 small tent
Persephone - 1 small tent
Genie – 1 small tent
Tractor Girl + 2 - 1 large and 1 small tent
Paul - 1 small tent
Welsh Dragon, Dave - large

= 5 large, 9 small

Tom, Annie and Matthew?
Screwtape?
Quercus?

[ 21. August 2007, 10:23: Message edited by: Pânts ]

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Maybe we could get all the small tents inside the large tents...

We've got a wee tent for the wee wan that will fit nicely inside our super-sized tent.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yay... Marvins gonna be there! Yay. Haven't seen you in aaaaaaaaaaaages. [Big Grin]

I've had a lot of other stuff on. Life simply refuses to be routine and boring at the moment, curse it.

quote:
One or two minor lineup additions. dfg are there again - I must actually try to see them this year, since I've missed them every time so far.

They were excellent last year. Glad they're back [Smile]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has everyone had their tickets by now? Friends of mine have not got theirs yet, and as they can not come themselves, they are passing them on to the people I am camping with. So we are getting a bit worried. I have told them to phone Greenbelt, but thought I should check out here with the fonts of all Greenbelt knowledge whether or not all tickets should have arrived by now.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Isn't it that if your tickets are ordered after a certain date, you have to collect them and they're not sent out. Mebbe that?

--------------------

Atlanta
Shipmate
# 2659

- Posted      Profile for Atlanta   Email Atlanta   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have 2 of your flags Pants, and they will be coming with us to GB

--------------------
If you cant beat them, Join them!! But i refuse to start farming!!!!

Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What sort of music are dfg? The GB site was less than informative.... well on dfg any way. Learn't lots about badgers.... [Confused]

--------------------
life is purple

Posts: 376 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone done their Heaven In Ordinary box thing yet? Or are you all too busy drying out tents and sorting food out.

We presume that ship mates will be on the steps in the grandstand behind the winged ox at 6 on Friday as usual.
I will make sure the new Book is in the Tank from about then.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nats:
What sort of music are dfg? The GB site was less than informative.... well on dfg any way. Learn't lots about badgers.... [Confused]

Stick with the badgers and you will be OK. dfg are ....indescribable.
[Eek!]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
re: tickets. I just got an email from GB which includes the information that if you've not got tickets they can be collected from the "pre paid" window at the ticket office. You just need the booking reference number and some ID - though I'm not sure how that'll work if the people picking up the tickets aren't the people who bought them.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Original purchaser calls the nice people, gives them the reference number and tells them who really *will* be picking it up.

I hope that works, anyway. WD is counting on it [Smile]

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

quote:
Originally posted by cqg:
WD is counting on it [Smile]

I will sort that out. but who is WD?
[Confused]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

Presumably Welsh Dragon.

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
<snip?
Tom, Annie and Matthew?
Screwtape?
Quercus?

Sorry, I haven't answered. Yes please, if I may. It'll be me and one modest tent (I hope - I haven't seen it yet), arriving at some indeterminate time after taking the cat to the vet and the cattery...she's going to hate me...

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nats:
What sort of music are dfg?

Gosh. Wow.

Er....

I imagine Raineyseason wouldn't like them.

--------------------
Ken

Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

- Posted      Profile for Nats   Author's homepage   Email Nats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Disaster has struck. Just realised that Duke Special (why did nobody tell me that he was Booley reincarnate........ why didn't I go and hear him last year? I love Booley [Mad] [Biased] ) AND Delirious are playing on Monday night. Our babysitters normally go home on Monday. [Help] Would take the children to improve their taste in music but our son is Loud Music Phobic (unless it's twinkle twinkle of course [Frown] ) and we couldn't go in the mosh pit with 2 under 4's any way.... [Help] Must try and talk someone in to staying later. Anyone know how late they are playing??

--------------------
life is purple

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
dfg are a group whose work is a mixture of performance poetry/comedy/satire set to music on Christian attitudes, mental illness etc. They try to be outrageous. I understand that the young men involved take this venture extremely seriously as an artistic enterprise, even if it looks as though it is supposed to be a bit of a spoof or a laugh. Some of it is rather funny and they are a bit of a cult Greenbelt thing. Does that help at all?
Nats
Shipmate
# 2211

Yes WD, it does! Thank you very much.

Now, can anyone enlighten me on how late I need to persuade kindly grannies in my group to stay on Monday night to look after my children??!!

--------------------
life is purple

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

That depends on what time the band you want to see is on, and last time I looked at the GB website that specificity of information wasn't there (we were looking to see how late McGyvers Apprentice can get to the site and still make it to Billy Bragg on Friday). It also depends on whether there are alternatives to grannies baby-sitting (eg: could you take the kids and stand far enough back to hear them without being too loud for the kids?)

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The new Book has been bought. It is blue with bubbles on it. We shall get it to the Tank as early as we can.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

I like bubbles.

--------------------

Quercus
Shipmate
# 12761

- Posted      Profile for Quercus   Email Quercus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should be working, but instead I seem to be alternating between looking out of my office window at the sunshine and blue sky ...bliss... and re-reading the GB listings with quivering anticipation. Over The Rhine! Stop-motion animation for adults! Great Vespers! Also that dfg lot you were all going on about, who seem entertainingly weird-ass.

More blue sky... [Smile]

--------------------
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually, CATS ARE NICE.

Posts: 321 | From: Up on a hill | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta
Shipmate
# 2659

- Posted      Profile for Atlanta   Email Atlanta   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well! it may be only Tuesday but I have packed QM back to work after a few days off with a summer cold, have mended the groundsheet, Packed almost everything and await Friday with deep anticipation.

Must be something going on!!!!!! [Yipee]

--------------------
If you cant beat them, Join them!! But i refuse to start farming!!!!

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

I am sitting at work, eating chocolate cookies and drinking coffee... amending my list of what I need to take to GB. Anything I have forgotten?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
am just putting some washign in and hoping it dries by friday

someone just rang though to say "would you mind if we bought all your food and stuff to make it easier for you" , noooo , i wouldnt mind at all, so thats one less worry [Big Grin]

and the tent i am borrowing is arriving tonight and apparently goes up in 2 minutes

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

dolphy

# 862

Re: Tent sizes. It would be a challenge to see how many tents, when erected, fit inside each other!
Maybe that's a game that the day visitors can play while you lot are off in the bar! [Two face]

--------------------

iGeek

Number of the Feast
# 777

- Posted      Profile for iGeek   Author's homepage   Email iGeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welsh Dragon is presumably right.

And WD pegged dfg spot on.

Probably will never have mass market appeal but they do challenge and, sometimes, send me into fits of laughter.

A signature song has to do with masturbation with a great line about collecting frequent flyer miles on Penis Airlines (they are boys, after all).

Posts: 2150 | From: West End, Gulfopolis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dfg are the best....
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

quote:
Originally posted by Lookin:
am just putting some washign in and hoping it dries by friday

I have washing on the line. Abigail is denying the quiddity of reality and insisting that she has time to do and dry washing tommorow. Only if summer breaks out.

quote:

the tent i am borrowing is arriving tonight and apparently goes up in 2 minutes

They all do. The problem is workign out which two minutes. Sometimes it is the first two minutes of your attempt to put it up. Sometimes it is the two minutes that start twenty-five minutes later.

--------------------
Ken

Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dfg are the best....
Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

So good she said it twice!

Dave is looking for the water carrier under the stairs. We tried putting the tent up in the garden - to check we had all the bits etc - until it started to rain very unpredictably. I have been sulking by the computer ever since. I have managed to find a list of things I wanted to take to Grrenbelt last time in my back files. It includes a doormat, a dustpan and brush, German bread, T lights and bubbles. Hmmm, we may be revising this.

Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any body aware of whether it is staying dry in Cheltenham at the moment?

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

It's been a beautiful sunny day all day here (about 15 miles from Cheltenham). And on weather.co.uk it says its gonna be sunny or mostly sunny for the four days, and between 22 and 25c.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Hip hip hurray!!

I have been putting some stuff in my car so I don't have to do it all tomorrow evening. I have to say that the Honda Jazz is a genius little car - it is like the bloody Tardis!!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seven day forecast for Cheltenham
Forecast for London for tomorrow is rain so washing is very unlikely to dry

[ 22. August 2007, 18:57: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
I have been putting some stuff in my car so I don't have to do it all tomorrow evening.

I put the tent in the car as I went down this morning, and a few other odds and ends are now there. I'll have to sort most of the stuff out soon ready for the load up in the morning and the off. We'll be staying overnight on the way, it's just too far with the wee wan unless we want to get there after 7pm on Friday. I probably won't know until we're heading back whether we can do the trip back on Tuesday and stick to just four days off work, or whether we'll need an overnight going home too.

--------------------

Tubifex Maximus
Shipmate
# 4874

- Posted      Profile for Tubifex Maximus   Email Tubifex Maximus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Okay, having read the last 5 pages (I got bored at that point), I think the following are planning on camping with Shippies:

Auntie Doris +? – 2 large tents
Pants – 2 small tents
Alan, Flausa + Weewan – 1 large tent
Ken – 1 small tent
Genie – 1 small tent
Tractor Girl

Persephone (or whatever she’s now called!)?
Screwtape?
Paul?
Quercus?

Am I right or not? (Just trying to get a vague idea cos it sounds like Auntie Doris and I will be the first there).

[Smile]

I also would like to camp with Shipmates, the other person I was going to come with isn't coming any more. I will PM you, Pants, with my mobile number.

Of course, I have a spare ticket going free to a good home and some useful stuff like a spare tent (sleeps 2) if anyone wants it. I also have one of those tables with built in chairs and some gas lamps and inflator.

--------------------
Sit down, Oh sit down, sit down next to me.

Posts: 400 | From: Manchester | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016