homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's Locker   » Limbo   » Eccles: Videos & Pictures (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Eccles: Videos & Pictures
Extol
Shipmate
# 11865

- Posted      Profile for Extol   Email Extol   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
http://tinyurl.com/32awdw
Posts: 1287 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, lukacs. You're off the hook, The Silent Acolyte [Biased] . Thanks for pointing to it. Wow.

[ 04. May 2007, 20:58: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
While searching for Chicago area info about the Liturgy of St. Mark, I stumbled upon St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago, which advertises a weekly Divine Liturgy webcast on Sunday from 8:45 to 12:30 (!) and Wednesday from 8:00 to 10:00. I'm not sure exactly which liturgy they use, but didn't the Divine Liturgy of St. Mark play a prominent role in the Coptic Church?

[ 05. May 2007, 23:53: Message edited by: Martin L ]

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ignatius' Acolyte
Shipmate
# 12426

- Posted      Profile for Ignatius' Acolyte   Author's homepage   Email Ignatius' Acolyte   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin L:
While searching for Chicago area info about the Liturgy of St. Mark, I stumbled upon St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago, which advertises a weekly Divine Liturgy webcast on Sunday from 8:45 to 12:30 (!) and Wednesday from 8:00 to 10:00. I'm not sure exactly which liturgy they use, but didn't the Divine Liturgy of St. Mark play a prominent role in the Coptic Church?

Yes, it has--and I think it is still in use in the Coptic church.

--------------------
Be a blessing.

Posts: 427 | From: Quezon City, the Philippines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
FCB

Hillbilly Thomist
# 1495

- Posted      Profile for FCB   Author's homepage   Email FCB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I rather like this video of clips of Mass in Gabon. I think it's what the folks at St. Gregory's in SF were going for, but it's the real deal.

--------------------
Agent of the Inquisition since 1982.

Posts: 2928 | From: that city in "The Wire" | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I found that video of the African liturgy a month or so ago. Thanks for pointing that out.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
DitzySpike
Shipmate
# 1540

- Posted      Profile for DitzySpike   Email DitzySpike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now, everybody scream...
Posts: 498 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by DitzySpike:
Now, everybody scream...

Gosh, I have not seen that section of the British Museum before [Biased]

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This one was quite fun: Liturgical abuses

--------------------

Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Tiara:

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My Duck - is your sig a commentary on the bride, the wafer and the priest incident in that vid?

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I think I'll save that one and show it to wedding couples and baptism families as part of their prep!

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I can remember watching a few of those clips from "You've been framed", one of the bloopers was when the bride's false teeth fell out into the chalice! Eww!

Max

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anselmina:
quote:

I think I'll save that one and show it to wedding couples and baptism families as part of their prep!
Yes, just set them at their ease and help them to relax before their big day. [Big Grin]

(I'm sure I've seen that video recently but can't work out whether or not it was from the Ship).

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After giggling at Triple Tiara's recommendation of the "Liturgical Abuses" video, I happened on this inspiring one to balance it out:

Why Am I Catholic?

Best wishes,

Mary

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here I go again slipping in some audio links, but St Thomas', Huron Street, in Toronto has posted the 9.30am Sung Mass and the 11am Solemn one from last Sunday in their beautiful entirety. Downloadable (recommended). Leaflet is here for following along.

[Votive] [Angel] [Votive]

Treatise
Shipmate
# 4255

- Posted      Profile for Treatise   Email Treatise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sister Act anyone?
Posts: 227 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Treatise:
Sister Act anyone?

oh that is SAD!!!!!!!!!!! But of it's era [Smile] Good to see the old habits though (soon to be thrown out or modified I'm sure [Smile]

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
FCB

Hillbilly Thomist
# 1495

- Posted      Profile for FCB   Author's homepage   Email FCB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

My, that was excruciating.

I wonder if one of them is Joan Chittister, since they are from her convent?

--------------------
Agent of the Inquisition since 1982.

Posts: 2928 | From: that city in "The Wire" | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Treatise
Shipmate
# 4255

- Posted      Profile for Treatise   Email Treatise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I wonder if one of them is Joan Chittister, since they are from her convent?

I was wondering the same thing.
Posts: 227 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Archimandrite
Shipmate
# 3997

- Posted      Profile for Archimandrite   Author's homepage   Email Archimandrite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Now, everybody scream...

Gosh, I have not seen that section of the British Museum before [Biased]
Ah, my college chapel. Like that every day, it is...

Except, of course, on the occasions when it's like this...

Some of us get all the luck!

[ 13. May 2007, 22:17: Message edited by: Archimandrite ]

--------------------
"Loyal Anglican" (Warning: General Synod may differ).

Posts: 1580 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raspberry Rabbit

Will preach for food
# 3080

- Posted      Profile for Raspberry Rabbit   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
DitsySpike wrote

quote:
Now, everybody scream...

I still don't know what they were doing. It looked like the beginning of a Gospel Procession but then turned into 'three coped blokes at the back of the church get censed and kiss the book'. What was that all about?

RR

--------------------
...naked pirates not respecting boundaries...
(((BLOG)))

Posts: 2215 | From: In the middle of France | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by FCB:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

The only excruciating part (as opposed to the "dated TV style, of a song I like") for me, was how out of sync the visual and audio was.

[ 14. May 2007, 12:06: Message edited by: Autenrieth Road ]

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

I'll not share the thought thay went through my mind when the nun announced, 'Someone's dying, Lord'.

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

- Posted      Profile for Shadowhund   Author's homepage   Email Shadowhund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And people sometimes claim that the existence of American "Kum-ba-ya Catholicism" is an urban legend.

As bad as it is, at least they weren't singing praises to the earth goddess.

--------------------
"Had the Dean's daughter worn a bra that afternoon, Norman Shotover might never have found out about the Church of England; still less about how to fly"

A.N. Wilson

Posts: 3788 | From: Your Disquieted Conscience | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

...or eating raisin cakes.

--------------------

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

I agree - that was dreadful
There was no proper rhythm either [Frown]

Max

--------------------

Mater et Magistra
Shipmate
# 9966

- Posted      Profile for Mater et Magistra   Email Mater et Magistra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Kum-Ba-Ya Catholicism in America (well, the Archdiocese of Boston, at any rate) is absolutely not an urban legend! That video just brought back some awful memories of my First Communion, circa 1980, where the Sister (definitely un-habited by then) made us sing Kum-Ba-Ya. I could almost smell the burlap-and-felt banners of wheat and grapes that we made, listening to it again.

Excruciating is right. [Help]

Posts: 110 | From: Northeastern U.S. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ceesharp
Shipmate
# 3818

- Posted      Profile for Ceesharp   Email Ceesharp   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

Eeeeek!
[Ultra confused]

Posts: 629 | From: West Midlands, UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Young fogey
Shipmate
# 5317

- Posted      Profile for Young fogey   Author's homepage   Email Young fogey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SeraphimSarov:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

oh that is SAD!!!!!!!!!!! But of its era [Smile] Good to see the old habits though (soon to be thrown out or modified I'm sure [Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road :
"dated TV style, of a song I like") ... how out of sync the visual and audio was

Nodding vigorously.

It's outside of a liturgical context and not heretical, and they do mean well but this is so wrong.

Once heard a whole album from the same period that sounded just like it! 'Sing, People of God, Sing', Sebastian Temple's songs sung by (I'm quoting the back cover from memory) specially selected seminarians and sisters.

--------------------
A conservative blog for peace

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mm. Does anyone recognise where this is from?

(I'm guessing Brit Com of some sort. "She's mingin'" lol couldn't understand the accent)

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy B:
Mm. Does anyone recognise where this is from?

(I'm guessing Brit Com of some sort. "She's mingin'" lol couldn't understand the accent)

Leaving aside what he was wearing, that was damn funny. Twas an Irish accent. It looks to me like a clip from a sketch show, although not one that I recognise.

--------------------

Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yep. Northern Irish. Or thereabouts.
Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fifi
Shipmate
# 8151

- Posted      Profile for Fifi   Email Fifi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

Antidote here .
Posts: 591 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
DitzySpike
Shipmate
# 1540

- Posted      Profile for DitzySpike   Email DitzySpike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raspberry Rabbit:
DitsySpike wrote

quote:
Now, everybody scream...

I still don't know what they were doing. It looked like the beginning of a Gospel Procession but then turned into 'three coped blokes at the back of the church get censed and kiss the book'. What was that all about?

RR

The video begins with intonation for the Offertory. The sacred ministers read together the offertory text. Thereafter he censes above the chalice and then on each side of the chalice. The celebrant is then censed by the deacon and the subdeacon presents the book for him to kiss. One acolyte carries the book and another brings the thurible to the gentlemen at the back. These three in copes are either all 'rulers' of the choir or the dean, the precentor and another senior cleric. They are in turn censed and presented the book to kiss. While this happens, the celebrant washes his hand on the right horn of the altar, with the sub-deacon and servers assisting him.
Posts: 498 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shadowhund
Shipmate
# 9175

quote:
Originally posted by Fifi:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

Antidote here .
Much better!

--------------------

A.N. Wilson

Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras
Shipmate
# 11274

- Posted      Profile for Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Email Lietuvos Sv. Kazimieras   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fifi:
quote:
Sister Act anyone?

Antidote here .
That is truly incredible! [Overused]
Posts: 7328 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mockingbird

Mimus polyglottos navis
# 5818

- Posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Author's homepage   Email Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No one but me seems to be able to view this QuickTime clip.

Those of you for whom it fails, does your browser give any precise technical details on why?

--------------------
Forþon we sealon efestan þas Easterlican þing to asmeagenne and to gehealdanne, þaet we magon cuman to þam Easterlican daege, þe aa byð, mid fullum glaedscipe and wynsumnysse and ecere blisse.

Posts: 1443 | From: Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
Originally posted by Mockingbird:

Those of you for whom it fails, does your browser give any precise technical details on why?

My browser doesn't. All that happens is the Quicktime play bar appears against a white background. I click "play" and nothing happens.

I pasted the URL into the actual Quicktime programme and got this error message:

quote:
The movie file "Centered Title 02" cannot be found. Without this file, the movie cannot play properly.
I clicked "cancel" and got this message:

quote:
Error 47: invalid URL
While I didn't expect them to work, I tried Real Player and Windows Media Player on the off chance, but nothing. I'm sorry.

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

I usually use Firefox but I've just tried it in Internet Explorer and Opera and got the same thing I did with my usual browser. I don't know whether that helps.

--------------------

Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you tried updating Quick Time? I was notified yesterday that an update for it was ready to install.

I viewed the video. It's very short.

M

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here's another in the same comedy series.

But here - here is a real live Orthodox (Greek) priest reading an SMS while preaching! He appears to be reading - but maybe just switching it off. lol! Awful!

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Quicktime clip works for me (older Quicktime, Firefox, Windows NT).
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mockingbird

Mimus polyglottos navis
# 5818

- Posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Author's homepage   Email Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Since St. Bertelin did his helpful diagnostic (for which I thank him) I have uplinked a newer version, and tested it at a remote location. I think it should work now.

--------------------
Forþon we sealon efestan þas Easterlican þing to asmeagenne and to gehealdanne, þaet we magon cuman to þam Easterlican daege, þe aa byð, mid fullum glaedscipe and wynsumnysse and ecere blisse.

Posts: 1443 | From: Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

Oh my. Maybe it were better that it had not worked and we had been spared.

Mind you, Max will be along shortly to tell us how wonderful it is [Snigger]

--------------------

Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

quote:
Originally posted by Mockingbird:

Sadly none of them can dance in time to the Harpsichord Music!

Max

--------------------

The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

A pleasure, Mockingbird.

Thanks, too, for the suggestion, Leetle Masha.

Now, can somebody please explain to me what that besurpliced man was doing? I actually yelped when I saw him the first time and had to watch it a second time just to make sure I had actually seen what I thought I had.

--------------------

SeraphimSarov
Shipmate
# 4335

- Posted      Profile for SeraphimSarov   Email SeraphimSarov   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Bertelin:

Now, can somebody please explain to me what that besurpliced man was doing?

Making a bloody fool of himself??? [Smile]

--------------------
"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like"

Posts: 2247 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

quote:
Originally posted by SeraphimSarov:
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Bertelin:

Now, can somebody please explain to me what that besurpliced man was doing?

Making a bloody fool of himself??? [Smile]
Ahh yes. I see now that he's displaying all the classical signs. Thank you.

[Biased]

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

quote:
Oh my. Maybe it were better that it had not worked and we had been spared.

Mind you, Max will be along shortly to tell us how wonderful it is [Snigger]

Mm. Missed that one. Thanks, TT. [Big Grin]

How come it works when the Gabonese do it and not the white guys?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016