homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 84)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Humph! One of those questions will have different answers depending on where you are from! How am I supposed to know the American answer???
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another new page ...

Fourth place will do nicely thank you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My child has just opined that knowing the name of WWI artillery pieces is "sad" - hah! maybe, but I was right!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
******* 'Murcan television programmes ... [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that's the way to be top of the leader board! Be the first person to play [Snigger]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
and with that lack of knowledge of the personal life of a foreign former president, I have probably lost the chance of winning this month overall.
Not playing yesterday (or for that matter, most weekends) didn't exactly help either.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloomin algebra. Never understood it. [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Bloomin' colleague who came into the office just as I was starting the quiz [Hot and Hormonal] so I closed the quiz tab ...

I re-clicked on it and did the quiz, got 10/10, but it had still been counting, so my time was 1195 seconds.

Sod that for a game of soldiers. [Mad]

On a positive note, I came seventh in the September rankings. [Yipee]

[ 01. October 2015, 14:31: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Fourth place - that's better! [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's what I get for changing a right answer to a wrong one. Ack.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, JJ - and I dithered for far too long thinking about it. [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Feckitty feck. Changed two right guesses to wrong ones (and I sort of, somewhere in the back of what passes for my brain, knew them anyway).

[brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

******* 'Murcan television ... [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, maybe I shouldn't do the quiz while talking on the phone! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place - that's better. [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Aughghgh! Wrong Bush!!!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lil Guessy were smoking hot today, he were! (Sunday)

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When he's good, he's very, very good ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooops! Got my 70s bands confused, silly me.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very difficult today, well done that weasel!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

jedijudy

# 333

Well done, little Guessometer!!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:

You certainly wiped the floor with that weasel! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer doth verily rock. [Yipee]

Not quite as fast as a speeding weasel, but fourth place at this time of night will do very nicely.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Bloody second guessing. I hate it like the dickens when there is one answer to two questions, which makes me unsure of my answer to one, especially in the Old Testament.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:

You certainly wiped the floor with that weasel! [Razz]
[Eek!] That's only because I'm half blind without my glasses!! I meant to grab the mop! [Biased]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place - I'll take that (for the moment). [Yipee]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're fourth now [Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fifth.

Sorry Marv, pipped you to No1.

ETA - just checked, someone else snuck in too & piglet is now 6th

[ 20. October 2015, 15:20: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It appears that 6th is nonprofitable.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Sorry Marv, pipped you to No1.

Curses, foiled again!

(you've got to get under 26 seconds to repeat the feat today) [Biased]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Marvin the Martian:
Curses, foiled again!

And again - 22 secs do you?

Though in all honesty I should admit that was courtesy of one very lucky guess...

[ 21. October 2015, 15:21: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did it in 34 seconds today, and may well finish out of the top 10.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I'm sorry I didn't trust you, little Guessometer.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm glad I did, even if it took me twice as long as it took you. [Overused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I always get that one wrong. Silly me!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Oh dear, a biblical dunce. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As I'm in second place, I'm off to get the Guessometer an enormous dram of Highland Park 25 year-old.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place will do nicely, but as I took 63 seconds, I can't see it lasting.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

******* 'Murcan television ... [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer seems to be working again. [Smile]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memo to self - read the WHOLE question

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was that the one about a mason?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

No, it was the dukes of hazzard one - I didn't read all the way to the end about the film being in 2002.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

******* 'Murcan sports - changed a right guess to a wrong one. [Mad]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed. I loathe the sport in question. [Projectile]

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's refusing to let me in at all! Perhaps it has worked out my astonishing IQ and can't stand the pressure!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Or you are afraid of missing a question. Strangely I got the all right. It helps that several questions had the same answer, though.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got in eventually - AND I beat Pete!

[Snigger]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I don't watch scary movies. *shudder*

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh look.... did I just happen to beat the weasel?
Fancy that!

(Don't get to play the quiz much these days, now that I have to leave for work before it updates to the next day's quiz and I always forget to play in the evening)

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016