homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » The prayers of the people 2018 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The prayers of the people 2018
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of my cousin D on the first anniversary of his death as well as comfort for his widow K, children Z and L, mother, father and beloved sister.

Also please could you pray for me? I'm very angry about things going on at work.

Praying for all intentions here and for those known only to God.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] EM, for peace in your heart and for your cousin and family.

[Votive] for all who post here

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for a previous boss P who has lost his Mum recently and needs to find place where his father can live.

Thanks
Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for the people of Alaska after a huge 7.9 earthquake off the coast and for those who may be affected by the resulting tsunami.

The mere thought of an earthquake of that magnitude sends shiver down my spine.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the midst of all these prayers for people in peril, and danger, and pain, could I ask your prayers for a joyous occasion:

The Convocation of the Episcopal Church in Europe is soon to be launching its search for a new Bishop, as our current B-i-charge, Pierre Whelan, has resigned. Please could you pray that God will prepare the hearts of those who are called to this process:
O God, we pray for the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe as we discern and elect a Bishop to serve your people, build up your Church and proclaim boldly the Gospel to the world. Send us, we pray, an Apostle who is a wise counsellor, a merciful pastor, filled with your joy and grace. May your servant have the abundant gifts needed to lead your flock and the strength and courage to administer them. And may we renew and rededicate our lives to your will and service. All this we pray in the Name of our Great High Priest and Servant of the servants of God, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Please pray for the Search committee, tasked with preparing the advertising, and the Transition Committee (I'm on that) who will be organising the pre-election, election and post election work, including the service of consecration.
Thank you.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen to that.

Just for information, is the Episcopal Church in Europe the American equivalent of the C of E's Diocese of Europe?

In other news, the BBC reports that the possible effects of the earthquake off Alaska are by no means quite as bad as at first thought, for which God be praised.

[Votive] anyway!

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just checking in to see if anyone logged that yet. Guy I know brought it up. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all who post here, and those that need I prayers and have no one to pray for them.

H, a work colleague of mine, is having a tough time and could do with some prayers for her and her family.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Jengie's colleagues, Telepath and the Telemum, Erroneous Monk and her cousin's family and the people of Alaska, in gratitude that it wasn't any worse.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all mentioned here [Votive]

Day Zero when Cape Town officially runs out of water is now 12 April. The logistics of 4-million Capetonians queuing each day at 200 collection points for 25 litres of water each is a nightmare. Would you please join me in praying for rain and for effective water crisis management? [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
In other news, the BBC reports that the possible effects of the earthquake off Alaska are by no means quite as bad as at first thought, for which God be praised.

[Votive] anyway!

Yes. Originally, there was a tsunami warning for California. (I presume that Washington and Oregon had one, too.) Fortunately, they realized it wasn't coming here.

[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for the right weather where it's needed. Rain in Cape Town. Other kinds of weather in other places.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My son has resolved to apply for a new position, a decided change for him. He is 29 and needs to take a new direction in his life. I would appreciate prayers that this comes through for him.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for Brenda's son, and for all contemplating a change in life-direction (I did it at 44, and again at 62... [Eek!] ).

A small thing - the ingrowing Episcopal Toenail is due to be surgically removed tomorrow (Thursday). I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to feet (though the chiropodist says I have a very high pain threshold), but would appreciate support as I cope with the Pain, once the anaesthetic wears off!

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for bf

[Votive] for all above

[Votive] for A on his loss

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Praying for successful, pain-free surgery for BF, for people making changes in their working life (for me to have the courage to make a change in mine!) and for all other intentions posted here, and those known only to God.

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For all above

[Votive] For local family stuff, which is ongoing with little sign of abating (insert "smiley" of choice).

I may have mentioned Mrs Sioni's profoundly autistic great-nephew who was permanently excluded from the special school he has attended since he was 5 (he's now 14). The school authorities have clearly taken on the wrong parents here: they presented their case to the city Mayor no less: he and his colleagues professed themselves appalled at the lack of provision and it looks like there will a Question in the House (a written one I expect) but this shows just how serious and determined they are.

Prayers would be appreciated for Z (the boy), his sister L and the amazing parents M & J

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Amen to that.

Just for information, is the Episcopal Church in Europe the American equivalent of the C of E's Diocese of Europe?

IJ

Yes, it is...near enough!

--------------------
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

I'm seeing the Consultant Oncologist today, to find out what the "suspicious cells" were discovered to be under analysis, and what this means for ongoing treatment.

I know it will include radiotherapy & hormone therapy; I'm hoping that chemotherapy won't be part of the mix.

[Votive] for all here, but - rather selfishly, perhaps, or certainly where my heart lies at the moment! - cancer sufferers.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For Dormouse and many, many more

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For Telepath, and the Telemum

[Votive] For dormouse

[Votive] For all in need

I’m presently on pilgrimage, with a group from my church. As some of you know, I have breast cancer that has metastasized into my lower back and hip, and that has recently progressed. Last night, I leaned over my suitcase and something gave. I’m in a lot of pain, and can’t bend over at all. Prayers for greater flexibility would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially BF, SS's Z. and his family and Dormouse, Rossweisse and all who are fighting evil cancer.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive] for all -Lord, have mercy.

Thanks for prayer for a pain-free toenailectomy - the prayer was efficacious, and all I have (now the anaesthetic has worn off) is a little tenderness in both toes... [Biased]

IJ

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could do with some prayer. Work is really tough at the moment; long days, working weekends, accelerated deadlines and extra work with fewer resources is currently taking its toll on my health. Future also very uncertain.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

The verdict was that chemotherapy is necessary - not a harsh regime (6 sessions, nce every three weeks) but not what I'd hoped for. Hey-ho. We'll get through it.

[Votive] for all, but esp Rossweisse. I hope you soon find flexibility and movement again, Ross. Back pain is horrible at the best of times, and this isn't the best of times.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

[Votive] Ross, Dormouse & Sipech.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rossweisse for greater flexibility [Votive]

Sioni Sais: for Z (the boy), his sister L and the amazing parents M & J [Votive]

For Sipech, that work stresses may ease [Votive]

For Dormouse [Votive]

For all of us living through difficult times
[Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Dormouse) [Votive]
As you say, you’ll get through it.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Sipech and for Dormouse's treatment to work - we're all rooting for you.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for (especially) Dormouse, Rossweisse and Sipech [Votive]
And for all posting here [Votive]

--------------------

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] continuing for all here, and for all others in need, danger or necessity.

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just feeling bloody lonely and frustrated. Haven't been hugged by anyoen except family for ages... for years.

I work from home while I struggle to lose all this weight - partly gained through the cellulitis period and other depression...

Main laptop received a Raptr update that then ate all memory and screwed the machine up.. so got someone coming in tomorrow to fix that... good thing I have this Chromebook as backup..

But as I lose the weight - I sense more testosterone flying around my bloodstream -and the way I ate to tamp down sexual hunger during the Purity Culture years... been reading Patheos etc to lose that skew...

But the work to full health is slow...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Alex

[Votive] all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through for all

A {hug} and [Votive] for Alex.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all

and yes indeed, Rossweisse, grateful thanks that we aren't dead yet!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Alex.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Praying for all intentions posted here and for those known only to God

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

[Votive] Rossweisse and Alex

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

I would appreciate prayers for a conversation I will be having tomorrow. I've got to tell people about a decision I have made and I don't think they are going to like it...

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive] hugs and prayers for all above.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Abigail for a good outcome of your conversation.

--------------------

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Abigail [Votive]

For all mentioned here [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Joining you in prayer for all intentions here and for those known only to God

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016