homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like! (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pacifica plays... Australia, NZ and the like!
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks all for prayers. Middle remains in hospital, likely out tomorrow lunchtime, He's much brighter tonight.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's good news Mr Curly at the top of page again! Hope all is well with him.

Miss M has made a wonderful recovery after our very worrying few days at the weekend and may also be released tomorrow. She had lots of cuddles tonight from Big Sister, 11, and enjoyed that as they are close.

She will be back at clinic for another general anaesthetic on Thursday for bone marrow biopsy and associated spinal taps etc. These will be a check on progress with second round of chemo.

Such a rollercoaster ride here.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad to hear about Middle Curly and that Miss M's still bouncing back.

Long may it continue. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Miss M may get home today depending on results of a rest from yesterday. No infection has shown up in any testing, so it is assumed the severe heart arrhythmia and the temperature of 41°C were a side effect of the second round of chemo.

They treat the symptoms but the chemo goes on regardless. Another general anaesthetic tomorrow, another bone marrow biopsy, spinal tap etc.

Son asked me to say thanks for prayers and good wishes. All much appreciated.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by James the Confident:
quote:
Originally posted by Latchkey Kid:
Sorry, Haven't called in for a while and I do so looking for something for myself.

I will be in Adelaide on the 4-7 May this year to attend the Spiritual Care Australia conference and am wondering if there any Adelaide shippies who would care to meet up.

Ooh, I'm going to the SCA conference too, perhaps we could have a joint meet! [Big Grin]
Great. Let's do that.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by James the Confident:
quote:
Sorry, Haven't called in for a while and I do so looking for something for myself.

I will be in Adelaide on the 4-7 May this year to attend the Spiritual Care Australia conference and am wondering if there any Adelaide shippies who would care to meet up.

Ooh, I'm going to the SCA conference too, perhaps we could have a joint meet! [Big Grin]
Great. Let's do that.
It is so tempting to be there. The Swans are away to the Crows at the redeveloped Adelaide Oval. We already have a few away matches booked but if this one gets added I'll have to remember to come back and let you know.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You'll excuse me for mis-checking my calendar and talking complete balls. But I may still get to Adelaide for work at that time. You never know.

Vulpior, about to take my headache home.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Son asked me to say thanks for prayers and good wishes.

It was lovely this morning at the lego cathedral because now my priestly colleagues are beginning to pray for her as if they know her personally - I dunno how to explain it but it's beginning to feel as if we all have a personal stake in her well-being

[ 19. February 2014, 07:02: Message edited by: Zappa ]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Do you need to attend it all?

Yes. Still terrified. Plans not coming together. Takes me back to broadcasting days. [Help]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
It was lovely this morning at the lego cathedral because now my priestly colleagues are beginning to pray for her as if they know her personally - I dunno how to explain it but it's beginning to feel as if we all have a personal stake in her well-being

Thank you. That's lovely. we really appreciate the worldwide prayer and it's been a comfort to know of so many praying for her.

I belong to Ravelry, sort of facebook for knitters and crocheters. A group within that seems to have adopted her too. When I thanked them for their kindnesses when they didn't even know me, I was reprimanded. Of course, we were friends, just hadn't met. They are sending her postcards, craft stuff books. All co-ordinated by a moderator so things come separately. They say they feel personally involved too. Extra aunties and grandmas etc.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A morning in Sydney! Look gum trees, and no snow! A good start to the journey home!

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
... Extra aunties and grandmas etc.

One can never really have too many aunties and grandmas. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
quote:
... Extra aunties and grandmas etc.

One can never really have too many aunties and grandmas. [Smile]
Especially ones who buy Miss M more bears. Cousins to her own which I bought when the donor had first operation for breast cancer. She's returning the gift.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

One can also never have too many bears. [Smile]

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Not sure about that. We have three large (tea-chest sized) cartons of them, plus several that are living free!

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Curly, copied from the car thread in Heaven, where I also talk of cars to buy:

As to Biggest's learning to drive - before either of us took Dlet out for his first drive, we booked him into full day course at a well-known driving school, with its own track, and just opposite St Ives Showground. Very useful, well worth the money, and he went back for half day courses about halfway through his L plates and again just before he went for his test. If you book the test at Belrose, Biggest can have a lesson beforehand, and then the instructor will drive him to Belrose RMS and he do the test on the same car. Dlet had to do 120 hours, and these counted double or triple time, can't remember which. There's also a lot of night driving to be done. Since Madame took him out in daylight, I covered the night.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:

Bugger. I read that as beers.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think Dlet had too many beers last night - he's not well this morning, not well at all.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Huia, special prayers from all of us for you and all your fellow citizens, on this, the 3rd anniversary.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Huia, special prayers from all of us for you and all your fellow citizens, on this, the 3rd anniversary.

Many, many thoughts and prayers spoken for the people of Christchurch from our cathedral and town today.

One of the biggest weeks of my life. It's worked. I'm buggered.

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmm, that Adelaide SCA conference in May looks tempting.

Home now, and tired.
Took church today, and was given a warm welcome. Nice.
And extremely conscious of my burning parish, and how much there is to do, noting that some of it s still cut off by blazes.

I had sent emails ahead, asking for donations of biscuits and slices. I figured that would be a kind gesture... Wherever I go in the burning areas, I will bring arvo tea... People are more inclined to relax over a yummy bite of something.
My dear congregation has given me boxes of food. Some we have frozen. They tell me they will go on cooking as long as I ask. After all, they said, they were evacuated, and then the scare ended, and the town was safe, so the least they can do is help others. They were a bit worried about the church and the manse, but felt they wouldn't tell me at the time, as I was having fun in the USA somewhere. Probably for the best!

The members of my main church are dears.

[ 23. February 2014, 08:15: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glad you have arrived back safely, Rowen.

Autumn is in the air here, and with it the first head cold I've had for ages. Snifff.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Autumn is in the air here, and with it the first head cold I've had for ages. Snifff.

I hope you were able to appreciate your birthday yesterday (yes, missed it) pre-cold.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear you got back safely, Rowen, and belated happy birthday, BL. [Smile]

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the prayers for Christchurch Gee D and Zappa. Three years on I would have hoped people's claims would have been settled, at least so that the uncertainty would be lessened. It is for most of us, but some of the really complicated ones are still in limbo. In addition the price of rental accommodation has skyrocketed due to fewer places being available, people moving out while their houses are fixed and accommodation being required for all the extra workers.

The approach of winter is an additional factor.

I'm lucky as there's just the driveway and front (brick) fence to be fixed, and that should happen in the next couple of months (fingers and toes crossed). Actually I wish it were possible to say -"leave the driveway and fix someone's house instead" but of course it doesn't work that way. IF I ruled the world it would.

Huia - wannabe dictator (mostly benevolent)

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rowen:
Hmmm, that Adelaide SCA conference in May looks tempting.

Home now, and tired.
Took church today, and was given a warm welcome. Nice.
And extremely conscious of my burning parish, and how much there is to do, noting that some of it s still cut off by blazes.

I had sent emails ahead, asking for donations of biscuits and slices. I figured that would be a kind gesture... Wherever I go in the burning areas, I will bring arvo tea... People are more inclined to relax over a yummy bite of something.
My dear congregation has given me boxes of food. Some we have frozen. They tell me they will go on cooking as long as I ask. After all, they said, they were evacuated, and then the scare ended, and the town was safe, so the least they can do is help others. They were a bit worried about the church and the manse, but felt they wouldn't tell me at the time, as I was having fun in the USA somewhere. Probably for the best!

The members of my main church are dears.

There'll be at least two shippies there, time for a meet!

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm feeling very relieved. I just had a new heat pump installed and I could not get it to work. I thought that I was doing something wrong and felt very stupid, so the nice man came around to talk me through how the remote control works. Much to his astonishment the problem is with the unit, not me. [Razz] The installer is coming back to sort things out [Yipee]

I'm having a run of it. Yesterday a plumber broke the handbasin while trying to take off the old taps. It was actually lucky that he did as I didn't realise how fragile it was and it probably would have broken anyway, but at a much more awkward time. So now I'm getting a new vanity unit as well as taps [Yipee]

When the dust clears from all this I'm getting the house re-wired too - fingers crossed.

The joys of having a house that is only 4 years younger than me, but at least this should make it warm and safe.

Huia

--------------------

Tukai
Shipmate
# 12960

- Posted      Profile for Tukai   Email Tukai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good news for Sydney? Cardinal Pell is to be transferred to the Vatican.

Not sure if this will be a move Upwards? Sideways? Downwards?

--------------------
A government that panders to the worst instincts of its people degrades the whole country for years to come.

Posts: 594 | From: Oz | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

As I saw this tonight I was wishing Multipara still was here. I was wondering what she would say.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Dunno, but it looks like a tough job ahead of him

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Multipara used to say that Pell and his colleague from St Andrews Cathedral were twins separated at birth.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Perhaps this is a deliberately chosen picture of one of the contenders for the position of ++Sydney. In today's SMH, here.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
George Pell is in his 70's. That's an interesting superannuation plan...

And in other geriatric news...

TP took our grandsons to the aged care facility to visit their great grandmother. He sat them on the couch inside the entry, opposite the reception desk while he ducked into the visitor's loo nearby. When he came out there was a bit of a crowd gathered around the boys. Some of the residents and all of the admin staff were listening in awe as Master 8 (B1.2 is the geeky one) explained to Master 12 (B1.1 is the sporty one) why time stopped inside Black Holes, the relationship between black holes and white holes, and the space/time continuum....

[Eek!]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Perhaps this is a deliberately chosen picture of one of the contenders for the position of ++Sydney. In today's SMH, here.

A Dominican surrounded by enough food to feed a homeless shelter! [Eek!] A glutton is not my choice, but since I am not the Holy Father, I will shut up now.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:

A Dominican surrounded by enough food to feed a homeless shelter! [Eek!] A glutton is not my choice, but since I am not the Holy Father, I will shut up now.
And not for the first time by the looks of things. That's why I thought it was carefully chosen, possibly by someone with a view to discrediting him for some reason. I know little of him, just the name and the cathedral where he is.

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm reading that Pell's translation is of benefit to both Rome and Sydney. Christian Kenneally, IIRC.

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

Here's the ke
eneally article:

--------------------

Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by rexory:
Here's the ke
eneally article:

Hmmmm, one disgraced Roman Catholic commenting on another. **shudder**. Gives Catholicism a bad name.

Loth, no doubt you've heard the old joke when Abp Jensen was the Anglican incumbent "What's the only thing that separates Peter Jensen and George Pell?"

"Hyde Park"

Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Evangeline, that's very similar to Multipara's "twins separated at birth." Very true.

--------------------

Silver Swan
Apprentice
# 17957

- Posted      Profile for Silver Swan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rev Dr Sarah Macneil becomes Bishop of Grafton today. http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/news/rev-sarah-prepared-to-step-into-history/2184720/
Good news!

--------------------
Christ Jesus came to be Immanuel, not a manual.

Posts: 33 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Curly, is Middle OK? I might have missed the update but last I saw he was still in hospital [Votive]
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

I popped a request for +Sarah on the Prayers thread. Aust's first woman diocesan, even if the ABC saw fit to give an incorrect explanation for +Keith's resignation.

There seems to me a world of difference between a resignation because of a failure to report abuse to the police and a very honourable resignation because you consider that you did not approach compensation claims with proper pastoral concern for the claimants.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
I popped a request for +Sarah on the Prayers thread. Aust's first woman diocesan,

What took you so long? [Razz]

Well done that woman!

Seriously though my prayers are with her - it's not easy being the first woman in any role and I think that much of the flak the Bishop of Christchurch cops is because she is a woman.

Huia

--------------------

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

I am in Grafton. I was there. Well, not in the cathedral because I didn't pull my finger out to try to get a ticket, but in the hall where they had a small screen but a good quality video and audio feed. We sang, prayed and wept as if we were there. It was a privilege to join the people of Grafton. I counted 19 bishops going in (so 20 going out!). Bishop Sarah was vested in cope and mitre by the other four female bishops.

I didn't particularly note whether Bishop Trevor Edwards was there, but at least three of the four candidates at the last Canberra-Goulbourn episcopal election were: preacher, chief consecrator and new bishop!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

A lot of bishops seem to emerge from our diocese. Perhaps it is thought that if they can navigate their way through the currents of Canberra/Goulburn they can manage just about anything! Good luck to Bp Sarah - I suspect she will need it.

I have a new ecumenical role now, with more travel ahead. My days at the big house have lessened. Much to do, and am still crook. The roof goes on my studio next week, and I am itching to have it finished as we are all living on top of each other.

Glad to hear of improvements in Middle and Miss M. And thanks for the birthday wishes Piglet. TP surprised me with a lovely gift - a genuine 1920's swivel library chair. I am happily sitting in it as I type. Wheeee! [Biased]

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
Mr Curly, is Middle OK? I might have missed the update but last I saw he was still in hospital [Votive]

Thanks for checking up on him. Middle is improving. He had 3 days in hospital, then the rest of previous week off school. Back at school this past week, still with a cough and sore muscles but getting cheekier every day which is a good sign. He's a bit tired and trying to catch up on school work from the 2 weeks he missed is taxing him. He is peeling skin from his hands and feet, which is revolting.

Rain here in Sydney, so not sure if today involves watching Biggest play cricket or not. I suspect a blessed relief is in store.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
quote:
I popped a request for +Sarah on the Prayers thread. Aust's first woman diocesan,

What took you so long? [Razz]

Well done that woman!

Seriously though my prayers are with her - it's not easy being the first woman in any role and I think that much of the flak the Bishop of Christchurch cops is because she is a woman.

Huia

Our first was +Penny Jamieson in Dunedin and I think she had some really hurtful experiences that we outside the church didn't hear much about.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

+Kay may have become the first diocesan as I gather she balloted well in the first electoral synod for Newcastle.

Grafton will be a hard job for anyone. +Sarah's background says that she has the necessary skills, but that does not mean that she will be allowed to show them. Nor does it mean that there won't be any of the nasty criticisms that she has not succeeded in a particular task because "she's just a woman, what would you expect".

--------------------

Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If Newcastle had a nomination system like Grafton +Kay may have had a better chance, but the opposition from both ends of the clergy spectrum meant she was unable to gain a majority in that house of Synod.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

It feels like we have gone straight from summer to winter. There are howling, 130 km winds and large swathes of Christchurch are without power tonight. This is hard because a lot of homes lost their chimneys in the quakes and a reliant on electricity for heating.

I took a bus to the other side of town to have lunch with a friend and was very glad that my shoes are waterproof and that I stayed warm with two knitted hats and a yellow knitted collar, (from a world class knitter [Biased] ) as well as 4 layers of clothing. I am also grateful that my bus goes right across town so I didn't have to get off at the Exchange.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be similar, although a couple of degrees warmer. I'm going to the library, which unfortunately isn't on any bus route [Waterworks] and a long-suffering librarian is going to help me sort out whether my Sony e-reader is slow or whether it's the library wifi ( which has been known to make my dial up connection look fast).

In your charity remember him in your prayers, he is both patient and kind.

Huia - trying hard

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016