homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
.... because you own the public highway outside your own gate.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the people who do things like this claiming that they are serving God. May God deal with them appropriately.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Cod
Shipmate
# 2643

- Posted      Profile for Cod     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH the utterly idiotic inhuman bastards who, most likely, can't tell the difference between a Ukrainian plane, a Russian plane, and a plane that just happens to be flying over Ukraine and Russia.

And if the allegations I am reading are correct, TICTH also the people who thought "let's fly our passenger plane through a de facto war zone to save on fuel costs" was a smart move.
I've flown over the Eastern Congo a few times. Mrs Cod flew over Mozambique during its civil war in a Cessna.

The problem is not with Air Malaysia, but with those who supplied powerful military hardware to a bunch of swivel-eyed idiots who were, alas, evolved enough to have opposable thumbs.

[ 20. July 2014, 10:53: Message edited by: Cod ]

--------------------
"I fart in your general direction."
M Barnier

Posts: 4229 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, I am not "ripening." The very suggestion makes me want to throw up and I'm well past that point. No I also don't need you to tell me when I going to drop a baby. You know a fuck ton less than I do about when deliver my son. You're also full of shit, by the way, when you tell me he'll be big. Since he'll come early,* he'll be small.

*Sorry, dearie, even the doctor's agree, so you can shove your darling little old wives' knowledge back through that hole no children ever came through.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Insufferable target, but awesome rant. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The manifestations of schistosomiasis organisms are now going round accusing the founder of the organisation of embezzling funds, which is not true. It is notable that they want to wrap up the company before its accounts are due. At least one purchase has been made to give a sub-parasite a laptop from company funds without its going through a meeting.
The founder, who has loads of praise on the internet, is now finding that his contacts, with whom he thought he had friendly relations, are treating him as a pariah.

Why do these people, of whom versions can be found in many organisations, including churches, manage to persuade so many to their side? Why don't more people see that they are dealing with manipulative creeps? (The description offered by the mother of one of the volunteers, who left because of the manipulative stuff.)

[ 20. July 2014, 18:38: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Forgot to add the bitter twist to this campaign. The prime mover in all this nastiness has a degree in, and has taught in school and as a private tutor, Ethics.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Look up sociopathy. Also malignant narcissism. I have some great book recommendations if you really want to wade deeply into this particular cesspool...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my hamster, who chewed a hole in her new cage less than two weeks after moving into it. I haven't even paid for the damn thing yet - it's on my latest statement, which arrived yesterday. That's just great. Thanks.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
PS (missed edit window) - The reason I had to buy the new cage was because she chews the bars on the old one. So what do I do now? Double fuck.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
PS (missed edit window) - The reason I had to buy the new cage was because she chews the bars on the old one. So what do I do now? Double fuck.

How about a glass terrarium? They can't chew through the glass, and they're protected from drafts. They make screen tops for them (which have to be fastened down.) Something like this.

(Some pet shops will sell you "leakers" at a discount -- tanks that have a small leak so that they can't be used as fish tanks but are fine for small critters.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the "colleagues" who are going to turf me out of my office so that they can sit together. What is this, high school?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Furreal.

TICTH fucking head colds. Not again.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

LC, thanks for that reference. I might take you up on it. Do the books give advice on preventing their depradations?

Problem is, that may explain these particular people being the manipulative ichneumon wasps they are, but it doesn't explain why so many people welcome them in and feed them like the victims of the cuckoo.

Meanwhile, it looks as if one has lost a friend, as a recipient of a particular remark was so shocked by it they have moved to active support of the victim.

These are sociopaths with serious weaknesses in the social skills department.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The books basically explain how to identify such people before they make your life hell (too late there, but still) and how to survive them once they go into full attack mode. They also explain why so many otherwise intelligent bystanders believe their shit, even when it's unfuckingbelievable. The books are written most of them for church leaders who are being attacked, but the strategies are easy to transfer to the corporate or academic world, since the same phenomenon happens in every field of life. (there is a corporate one, but I found it the least helpful of the three/four)

Shall I PM you, or would anyone else like the list here? And will the Hosts of Hell descend upon me in feeding frenzy if I do so on TICTH? [Eek!]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Hosts of Hell won't descend on you for that, but do remember that the 10C's all apply in PM's.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

I'd like the list too, please.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Yes, please. We have collected the experience to spot them, but not of how to defang them. I think that those who have suffered them very often don't talk about it much, for a whole collection of reasons, such as not having a version of Gaydar for each other, before you even get to being afraid of bringing them down like a load of bricks, or not wanting to feel a fool. Or, indeed, alerting a new lot that you might be a sucker.
Nice to know there are books. When I was teaching, and went on a course about classroom management, the bookstall had stuff about classic boy bullying and dealing with it. But nothing about what they called "female relational bullying" which I had two lots of in my class. They said a book was due out the following year. Not helpful in dealing with what was going on between the two groups and then the other girls who were neither queen bees nor sycophants and didn't know how to cope.

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Separate issue. I was landed with a hamster in school and was able to keep it in a couple of plastic fishtanks covered with chicken wire and connected with tubes made from old plastic bottles (the small ones, the size of commercially available tubes.) We then built up an adventure network using Rotostak as well, and he had so much to do that chewing didn't seem a problem. We used to put the food all over the place so he had to spend time finding it and taking it back to his larder.

Initially, I put him in a glass fronted cupboard (standard schoolroom issue), and during the day had the doors open with a tube connection to a different shelf - neither the one at the bottom with a bit in front of it. I had seen a programme showing that they would not cross a visual void where a glass sheet lay over what appeared to be a drop off a table, and he didn't try it, remaining confined. I wasn't totally convinced though, so it was temporary. And the second hamster we had fell off the table one night when one of the stoppers on the system had been left off. (Got him back though. I can out-think a hamster easy. He wants his larder and his nice bed chamber more than the space under the sink cupboard.)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the people who do not follow the carefully plotted script in my head. Things would be ever so better if they did.
Bastards.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Shitheads who take pains to ensure that no hint of positive feedback escapes their tightly pursed lips, but grab a bullhorn when there's any reason (real or invented) for criticism.

Please feel free to ask me for help the next time you're swamped due to your own arrogant incompetence; you probably won't enjoy my response, but I sure will.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Had that earlier in the week. Felt like any contributions I made-- and I have, I went back and looked over the situation-- were less important to the people involved than anything they could frame as a misstep.

Actually it was like my contributions never happened.

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
TICTH the "colleagues" who are going to turf me out of my office so that they can sit together. What is this, high school?

If they mention the word "agile" run like the wind. The next step is to have you share a desk and the final step is hoteling; you have to get your stuff out of your school locker every morning and find an empty desk spot.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Furreal.

TICTH fucking head colds. Not again.

Oh yeah. AGAIN. But then, you spend your life surrounded by disease vectors (otherwise known as preschool children) - which is certainly where mine are coming from. (I've also just had f**king school sores - wonderful! - thanks, kids - and mine needed two courses of (different) antibiotics to shift them.) I have been sicker these past six years than since I was six myself, pretty much...

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Posts: 993 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

- Posted      Profile for anoesis   Email anoesis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
No, I am not "ripening."...

ew. ew. ew. dreadful.

A word probably also used by those who (it fits in nicely, when you think about it) call fertility "fruitfulness", and refer to semen as "seed". Ick.

--------------------
The history of humanity give one little hope that strength left to its own devices won't be abused. Indeed, it gives one little ground to think that strength would continue to exist if it were not abused. -- Dafyd --

Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

- Posted      Profile for Meerkat   Email Meerkat       Edit/delete post 
TICTH... the people I hear who pronounce 'something' as 'sunnink'. I can understand 'sumfing', 'sumfink', but 'sunnink'!? It winds me up, just 'sunnink orful'. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Simples!

Posts: 160 | From: Herts, UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

That condemnation is followed by the condemnation of those who use the word 'like' like a hundred like times like in a fragmented like sentence, like! ”I was goin' downa rode, like, annee sedda mee, like ”Wossya dooin' ’sevenin', like?"" I" said, like... " "We woz, like, chillin', like... ". "I was, like, pissed-off, like..."

Is it 'like' or 'really', what you are bleating on about! Do you have a braincell?

--------------------
Simples!

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH misleading mattress advertising.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

TITCH Things that don't work.

At present, in my place of employment, these include: The heating system, the in-house training system, the voicemail system, and the process for registering a complaint about any of these things.

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Acts 29 powertrip mandates and the hell that they have unleashed on their people. Not to say that ALL of them are bad, but the one that I left back in 2010 left me emotionally scarred for life. And now I am finally praise to God in the Highest, reading article after article exposing the abuse OUT IN BROAD DAYLIGHT IN FRONT OF GOD AND EVERYONE that MarkyD and his influence unleashed on the world. Note: I DO NOT TTCTH the churches. The people that are wounded, I pray for them. I weep when I read these articles. I just saw the name of a family that I met in person more than once and am afraid to Google and see for sure if it's them, that got black-listed. Probably not. But all of these folks, I am only 1 degree from knowing them. It's awful. I just rejoice that finally people are not shutting up. Even the couple in SF that was told "sign this NDA and we'll give you your severance". Nope. They did not sign.

I am still friends with a couple that were so burned by the way Acts 29 leadership in the church I left treated them...4 years later, they are still scared *&less to say anything out-loud and bold about it. Nobody wants to gossip but speaking truth, darkness into light, HELPS not hinders.

And it's not $%^ing gossip! Gossip is slander, made up stuff meant to hurt somebody. It's not hateful, vindictive nor mean to talk about your pain.

I shut up for years about my pain. Nobody wanted to hear it really (I do drone on though). I ended up in the church I grew up in. I like the sermons and I like most things. But I missed the quietness. I missed the fact that "the power" doesn't lie in the hands of a one man, but it lies in the Body of Christ in the people.

[eta: Acts 29 is not a book in the bible, because a man got in a time travel machine and saw the abuse that Mars Hills made viral in the future, so he took that book out before the canon...]

[ 23. July 2014, 02:25: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
TICTH misleading mattress advertising.

Is that the one where they tell you to go into the store and choose your comfort rating, then when your mattress arrives and is completely different they tell you it's inevitable because so many people have tried the one in the store that the rating no longer means what it's supposed to?

For some reason they can't see that there's anything wrong with this system. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Courier companies who can move a parcel from one end of Germany to Essex in a single day, from Essex to Kent in half an hour deep in the night (after sitting on it for 12), and then sit on it again in the depot while I am sitting at home waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and have other things to do. And when I ring up for a prediction, I listen all through the menu, press the button for something else, and find myself back at the beginning of all the options which don't fit again.
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people I come across during my lunchbreak.

First of all, we have the inconsiderate pavement walkers. I walk alone. The pavement is only wide enough for two people. So when two people come in the opposite direction, side-by-side, the reasonable thing to do is to go single file for a few feet, not force me to step into the oncoming traffic.

Secondly, shop staff who insist on putting all paper into your hand and then putting the coins on top when handing you your receipt and change. With one hand holding the bag that now contains my lunch I only have the one hand spare. Is is too much to put the loose change in my palm and allow me to grip the paper with my opposable thumb and forefinger, allowing easy passage to put things in my wallet, rather than making the receipt into some kind of slide whereby the coins slip off and start rolling around on the floor, testing my dignity by how long I will spend scrabbling around trying to pick up a rogue 20p coin.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:
First of all, we have the inconsiderate pavement walkers. I walk alone. The pavement is only wide enough for two people. So when two people come in the opposite direction, side-by-side, the reasonable thing to do is to go single file for a few feet, not force me to step into the oncoming traffic.

Secondly, shop staff who insist on putting all paper into your hand and then putting the coins on top when handing you your receipt and change. With one hand holding the bag that now contains my lunch I only have the one hand spare. Is is too much to put the loose change in my palm and allow me to grip the paper with my opposable thumb and forefinger, allowing easy passage to put things in my wallet, rather than making the receipt into some kind of slide whereby the coins slip off and start rolling around on the floor, testing my dignity by how long I will spend scrabbling around trying to pick up a rogue 20p coin.

My pet hates too - except that I've developed the habit, when 2 walk towards me, of simply standing stock still where I am so that THEY have to move.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Courier companies who do not update their tracking site so that when one has rearranged one's day to accomodate a lot of necessary activities for the rest of the day, their guy turns up at the door while the package is supposedly still at the depot. So back to plan A, which has now become inconvenient.
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

quote:
Originally posted by TheAlethiophile:

I know this is hell, and you should be allowed to rant about anything you like, but the reason they come into your hand in this order is to do with the way change is counted. If the cash register tells a till operator you are owed £11.85 in change, they don't start counting the amount beginning with the five pence. They go, 'Here you are sir, that's ten, eleven, fifty, seventy, eighty, aaand five. Have a nice day.' No malice involved. It's just harder to count change the other way...

--------------------

Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

Sorry, but I disagree. As someone born in the 50's and who knew how to behave as I grew up in a small shop environment, we did it sensibly. OK, in this example which I am about to give, I know we went decimal in 1971, so will use current currency values.

Customer comes in and purchases goods to the cost of £4.85 and proffers a tenner.
Shop assistant (me or my parents) : all counted into their hand... "Thank you. That's £4.85, 15p to make £5 and there's £5 to make the £10". The £5 note laying on the top in their hand. Only sensible way to do it!

--------------------
Simples!

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ken Ham. God, what a git.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
anoesis
Shipmate
# 14189

quote:
Originally posted by Meerkat:
Sorry, but I disagree. As someone born in the 50's and who knew how to behave as I grew up in a small shop environment, we did it sensibly. OK, in this example which I am about to give, I know we went decimal in 1971, so will use current currency values.

Customer comes in and purchases goods to the cost of £4.85 and proffers a tenner.
Shop assistant (me or my parents) : all counted into their hand... "Thank you. That's £4.85, 15p to make £5 and there's £5 to make the £10". The £5 note laying on the top in their hand. Only sensible way to do it!

Interesting. I have genuinely not encountered anyone doing it that way around. Maybe it's because I was born in the 70's, or maybe it's because we do things all backwards underneath the equator...

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once upon a time, that's the way it was done - back when cash registers simply registered the total. But for quite a while registers have told cashiers how much change to give back (as you originally noted), and cashiers go by that and thus count change starting with big bills and working down to coins rather than doing it the old way because it is faster for them and more likely to be accurate -- and speed and accuracy are important to their supervisors.

[ 23. July 2014, 22:33: Message edited by: RuthW ]

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

TICTH software vendors who promise the earth when tendering for work, but then drag their heels and start to mutter about 'charging for consultancy' when they can't complete our requirements on time. it's not 'consultancy' when you told us in the tender that your software could do it, you greedy bastards!

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it's a lot easier to get the notes first and the coins on top, so the coins weigh the notes down and they don't go everywhere.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Shippies who hijack this thread for a purpose that deserves its own thread.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ICTH BT and its YouView box - and BT engineers who keep telling us that the fault is because we have a 'phone line that comes into the house in a different place from where the main TV is.

This is the UK and older houses often have the main telephone point either in a hallway or somewhere similarly inconvenient: get to grips with it and organise a solution that works, damn you [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
FiFtH public transport, this journey takes 1 hour door to door in a car - so far I have been traveling for 1 and three quarter hours and I still haven't got to work yet.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in Puerto Rico this weekend, where the very extensive public bus network in San Juan is served by buses that run no more frequently than once each hour, or at the whim of the drivers, which ever occurs last.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Long distance trains. Grrr! Making my commuter train late. From some reason the dickhead controllers give priority to the long distance trains even though it's us commuters who pay everyday to go back and forth from work.
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Which idiot put this guy on the Science and Technology Committee? [Mad]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:

I presume we could also kill a goat and examine its entrails to diagnose illness...

What a twat.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:

I presume we could also kill a goat and examine its entrails to diagnose illness...

What a twat.

I think he's killed off his career and probably his reselection for his constituency. I bet he didn't see that one coming! Geddit??? Did you see what I did there? Eh? Eh? Did ya?

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016