homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the M3, the M25, the A3, the A308, in fact EVERY FUCKING ROAD between Southampton and South London that made my life Hell and turned a journey that should usually take about an hour and a half into a trip from hell that took over FOUR FUCKING HOURS!

Oh, and the level crossing at Motspur Park can go fuck itself as well

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That sounds like a great obstacle course for one of your students. Especially if you charge by the hour. [Biased]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Learner drivers aren't allowed on the motorway. God knows why though, because by today's experience they'd never get out of first gear anyway.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
TICTH the M3, the M25, the A3, the A308, in fact EVERY FUCKING ROAD between Southampton and South London that made my life Hell and turned a journey that should usually take about an hour and a half into a trip from hell that took over FOUR FUCKING HOURS!

Oh, and the level crossing at Motspur Park can go fuck itself as well

Ha! I'm guessing that the A30 was also stuffed, then. I've got plenty of friends who live along that road - when the M3/M25 clogs, their lives become sheer hell. It can take an hour to do a journey which would normally take no more than 5 minutes.

Four hours to do Soton to London? Hmm - you got off lightly. I've known it worse, to be honest.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(I don't know if this is the right place for this, but can't think of where else to put it)

I went into a Thrift store today and whilst browsing the book shelves (as you do), came across almost the entire collection of Left Behind books. I couldn't resist the chance to look at them. Now I feel dirty, dirty, DIRTY!

(But on the positive side, on the next book shelf along was a complete collection of Armisted Maupin "Tales of the City" books. I considered putting them alongside the Left Behind series and seeing which ones burst into flames first!) [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Jewish Chronicle, its craven and cowardly editorship and some of its readers for failing to appreciate that there could actually be a difference between disaster relief for the people in Gaza and terrorists based there.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's the thin end of the wedge I tell you. Any sign of treating opponents like human beings must be immediately stamped out, or it could spread.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
(I don't know if this is the right place for this, but can't think of where else to put it)

I went into a Thrift store today and whilst browsing the book shelves (as you do), came across almost the entire collection of Left Behind books. I couldn't resist the chance to look at them. Now I feel dirty, dirty, DIRTY!

(But on the positive side, on the next book shelf along was a complete collection of Armisted Maupin "Tales of the City" books. I considered putting them alongside the Left Behind series and seeing which ones burst into flames first!) [Snigger]

Tell me, what kind of books are these? Are they any worse than Barbara Cartland's ?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
Tell me, what kind of books are these? Are they any worse than Barbara Cartland's ?

The Left Behind books are worse than Barbara Cartland's (though, I must admit I've read none of either), because some people take them seriously.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

I must admit that I thought most/all Shipmates would have at least heard of the Left Behind franchise.

Armisted Maupin's books are about San Francisco in the 70's & 80's and focus a fair bit on the gay community at that time. He was also one of the first people to write seriously and sympathetically about the impact of AIDS.

The worlds of the two different sets of books could not be further apart.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maupin is excellent, actually, though I've mainly been seeing the filmed adaptations.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ChastMastr:
Maupin is excellent, actually, though I've mainly been seeing the filmed adaptations.

I've read three of Maupin's books and found them trivial. Then again, they started off as newspaper serials - but then again so did Dickens' books.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hm. Isn't there a book thread in Heaven you all can discuss this no doubt extremely important tangent on?

Why yes. I rather think there is. It's where you can even find other people who don't come down to the nether regions to discuss books with! Who knew?

Aren't I helpful? Now go away.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"Do you think all birds working on boats are as ugly as her?"

"Nah, some of them are quite fit, we just got an ugly one".

Fuck you, both of you. It might be true, but I'm not a piece of meat, you could've waited to discuss how much of a dog I am until you weren't right behind me.
Hope you had a shit night out.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Disappointed] How fucked up .

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If any of these idiots die from Ebola, I won't be especially sorry. They'll have learned something.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH St. Julian of Assange, as he is so aptly labelled in this article.

Just wish he'd piss off, the dubious twat.

Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH ISIS

I am a peaceful person and I can normally rest content to live in apeaceful and diverse society. I also know ISIS are not representative of all Muslims. But I am angry right now. I have never in my life been happy at the thought of someone elses death but they are tempting me to be.

ISIS are monsters. They have no respect, no compassion, no integrity. They are cowards and fanatics. They murder and persecute innocent people. I want nothing to do with their god. If they are so sure that they're right and a martyrs heaven awaits them they should fucking show their faces when they butcher someone in cold blood and post the video online. Cowards.

Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Hm. Isn't there a book thread in Heaven you all can discuss this no doubt extremely important tangent on?

Why yes. I rather think there is. It's where you can even find other people who don't come down to the nether regions to discuss books with! Who knew?

Aren't I helpful? Now go away.

Jeez! What a douche.

(Happy now?)

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our local library computer system, which doesn't issue receipts for reservation payments, and has just charged me, again, for reservations made last year, which problem I had addressed with the librarian last visit, and been told it would be corrected. Not the usual librarian, English not her first language. Will address the problem again on Friday with real librarian. Meanwhile, I have paid £2.65 I didn't owe them, because it wasn't until I walked out that I realised that £4.40 is not a multiple of £0.35.
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ICTH the young man from the UK who butchered in cold blood a journalist, James Foley, from the US live on camera.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He and his ilk already have a spot reserved in hell's hottest depth. No need to call him there. May he only go soon.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Macrina:
ISIS are monsters. . . . I want nothing to do with their god.

Rightly so. Their god is the devil himself. They are the antichrist (so I heard a priest call them a short time ago).

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They are already in hell, but don't know it.

If ever I was to be persuaded to believe in possession, they could do it. They have opened their minds to believe that evil is good and will not accept that those who teach they are wrong are expressing the will of Allah.

Apparently, their talk, when not of beheadings, is very ordinary - missing Mars bars sticks in my head.

I gather that some Muslims believe that the djinnee can be saved. May these young men come to repentance. And those who have led them astray (though not without some suffering).

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Embarrassingly trivial given beheadings, but TICTH headlice. Evil little fuckers.
Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

TICTH trolling on a massive and damaging scale.

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the guy across the street who is using pressurized water to remove old paint from a fence. We're in a drought here, mister -- sand the fucking thing. No waste of water that way, plus the surface will actually be adequately prepared for re-painting.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the Welsh Assembly Government, Newport City Council, Gwent Police and South Wales Police (amongst others) for attempting to host the NATO conference when they couldn't host the Ryder Cup without buggering up the district.

If the Brynglas tunnels get blocked, which is a regular event, I expect the Plod will close everything in an effort to get the Obama & co home.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
TICTH the guy across the street who is using pressurized water to remove old paint from a fence. We're in a drought here, mister -- sand the fucking thing. No waste of water that way, plus the surface will actually be adequately prepared for re-painting.

Pressure washing works far better and much easier than sanding, plus you don't breathe in the dust. Probably an eighth of the time. Having just done painting after pressure washing which took about 3 hours over 2 days which took me 2.5 days the last time. The amount used by mine in 30 mins is less than the average shower. Maybe you could offer to hellp. With 7 friends if you're set on this.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
posted by Sioni Sais
quote:
TICTH the Welsh Assembly Government, Newport City Council, Gwent Police and South Wales Police (amongst others) for attempting to host the NATO conference when they couldn't host the Ryder Cup without buggering up the district.
[Eek!]
Thanks for the heads-up on that SS: I'm visiting some aged aunts at the time so will adjust my journey accordingly.

Of course, its much better to come over the Beacons and down the valley but it will add about and hour and a half to the journey in each direction.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:

Pressure washing works far better and much easier than sanding, plus you don't breathe in the dust. Probably an eighth of the time. Having just done painting after pressure washing which took about 3 hours over 2 days which took me 2.5 days the last time. The amount used by mine in 30 mins is less than the average shower. Maybe you could offer to hellp. With 7 friends if you're set on this.
What part of drought is so hard for you to understand, you mouth-breather? It's also easier to wash down the sidewalk than sweep it, but we're in a fucking drought.

But seeing as the oil companies fracking in the area are wasting a metric buttload more water than the guys using pressure washers all over town, I could re-direct my ire.

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes please do, and stop showering, do your dishes by hand etc. Maybe your friend could paint some other time. Or come and live on the Canadian prairies, where we have flooding. 9 .75 inch rise on the lake from July flood, with rain to start this afternoon with 4 inches expected and yes, another flood warning. Third year in a row like this.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It is not clear that doing dishes by hand makes any difference.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH scorpions! Just got my first sting. I've called poison control and pretty much just have to endure the symptoms for six hours or up to 24 hours.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

quote:
Yes please do, and stop showering, do your dishes by hand etc.

I was using less water than a lot of people around here even before the drought.

quote:
Or come and live on the Canadian prairies, where we have flooding. 9 .75 inch rise on the lake from July flood, with rain to start this afternoon with 4 inches expected and yes, another flood warning. Third year in a row like this.
And this means precisely what to those of us in the third year of a drought?
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
RuthW:
quote:
Or come and live on the Canadian prairies, where we have flooding. 9 .75 inch rise on the lake from July flood, with rain to start this afternoon with 4 inches expected and yes, another flood warning. Third year in a row like this.
And this means precisely what to those of us in the third year of a drought?
That it's part of the same problem.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Universities that claim to be "flexible" and "innovative" but when push comes to shove are neither.

[Mad]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Auntie, you know I love you really, but wt-the ever-living-f??
The French Government resigns and it doesn't make the 10 o'clock headlines on Radio 4?

Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated?

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

You know who you are, stupid car drivers pretending to be overly polite. You try to wave cyclists through intersections, refusing to take your right of way, thereby endangering us. We slow down so you will get to the intersection before us, but you still insist on trying to wave us through, completely unconscious that there are other lanes and drivers who don't understand that you're trying to make yourself feel good at the expense of cyclists' safety. So I will yell "go!" at you and if you fail to understand that will have to simply wait until you do go. Of course, it won't teach you anything because some cyclists won't fight your false courtesy and go themselves.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
TICTH Universities that claim to be "flexible" and "innovative" but when push comes to shove are neither.

[Mad]

Essay deadline crisis? "My baby ate my homework and you being part of a patriarchal regime would not understand." didn't work?

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
Dear Auntie, you know I love you really, but wt-the ever-living-f??
The French Government resigns and it doesn't make the 10 o'clock headlines on Radio 4?

Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated?

(Puts down metaphorical Big Mac)

The French Government resigned?

In despair over the Napa Valley Wine Crisis. i presume? ( picks up Big Mac. )

(Off to go educate myself. And NP, I wish bikers around here had the kind of intersection common sense you do. Most of them kill themselves accelerating to an intersection when the only way they would be affected by simply maintaining their speed is Not Getting There First.)

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:

[Mad]

Essay deadline crisis? "My baby ate my homework and you being part of a patriarchal regime would not understand." didn't work?
Close. No option for part-time teacher training practicums. Twelve hours a day, five days a week for eleven weeks is standard.

Ridiculous unless you're 19 and single with no other commitments.

[ 26. August 2014, 00:34: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH YouTube, for shoving a 15-second commercial for an R-rated movie, complete with loading and shooting guns, explosions, and shouting people, in my face before I could watch a little soothing Mussorgsky. What the hell were you thinking? What if some little kid dialed up that kind of violence? Totally unacceptable.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
<snip out Pyx_e>
Close. No option for part-time teacher training practicums. Twelve hours a day, five days a week for eleven weeks is standard.

Ridiculous unless you're 19 and single with no other commitments.

You think teaching is going to be much different? When you're going to parents' evenings, all the other lovely extras? Teaching practice is tough, but not unrealistic.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

Full-time teaching in the first few years will not be different. I understand it gets easier as you get more experienced and resourced.

But I'm not planning on teaching full-time, only part time, so that reason does not hold for me and a part-time internship is all I need.

Meeting with the Dean to kick up a stink shortly.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
You know who you are, stupid car drivers pretending to be overly polite. You try to wave cyclists through intersections, refusing to take your right of way, thereby endangering us. We slow down so you will get to the intersection before us, but you still insist on trying to wave us through, completely unconscious that there are other lanes and drivers who don't understand that you're trying to make yourself feel good at the expense of cyclists' safety. So I will yell "go!" at you and if you fail to understand that will have to simply wait until you do go. Of course, it won't teach you anything because some cyclists won't fight your false courtesy and go themselves.

Some moronic drivers do this to pedestrians too. And then get upset when I don't cross into the path of a car zooming along the other lane. [brick wall]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Full-time teaching in the first few years will not be different. I understand it gets easier as you get more experienced and resourced.

Up to a point, Lord Copper.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

The lovely person, a dog owner, who has decided to drop* onto a neighbourhood path a carrier bag, which has spilt out the collection of other bags containing the faeces of their dear little pet. Before our very heavy rain, so the whole thing is a sodden disgusting mess.

The village has some signs declaring that there is no Dog Poo Fairy. I think in this case we need a Dog Poo Troll.

*or lob over the wall of their garden...

Lord Jestocost
Shipmate
# 12909

- Posted      Profile for Lord Jestocost   Email Lord Jestocost   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rub their noses in it. By which I mean, the owners'.
Posts: 761 | From: The Instrumentality of Man | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Unfortunately, there is no way to identify them - it may not have come from the adjacent garden.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016