homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 20)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Please.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Chive's N. and her family.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive] , especially for all those that are anxious, worried or in despair. [Votive]
Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heavenly Anarchist - for keeping on top of the work and peace in it; ability to use the time efficiently, for focus, concentration, clear thinking [Votive]

Chive's cousin N - grace and peace for an easy end, provision and care for her husband J; comfort for the whole family [Votive]

Thinking of others who asked for prayer recently... Abigail... LC's sister... Robert Armin... Telepath... The Intrepid Dowager... Nepal... Comet's family... [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can I ask for prayer - R has just had a serious eye operation in the hope that it would restore some of his failing sight. It's now several days after the operation and he can't see anything at all. He's so scared.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Peace and comfort for you both, Diomedes, healing for R [Votive]

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My dear friend, Miss M, found out she has cancer. God is working, though, and she got an appointment at MD Anderson next week. (definitely divine intervention!) But, she still needs a lot of prayer. The doctor could not tell her if the breast cancer (malignant) has spread elsewhere.

So, I'm asking all of my prayer partners to pray. She and I thank you for all your good wishes and prayers. THANKS SO MUCH

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

Re the problem about getting my flat completely re-wired that I posted about last week - nothing has been resolved but the panic I was feeling has died down a bit after the initial shock. I'm waiting for a chance to talk to someone at my church who knows much more about this sort of thing than I do and who I think will be able to advise me about what I ought/need to do. Continued prayers appreciated.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cops and out-of-town media are spoiling for a fight. Not sure how long people will be able to hold out giving it to them.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially those facing scary health issues.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
Praying for all here [Votive]

Re the problem about getting my flat completely re-wired that I posted about last week - nothing has been resolved but the panic I was feeling has died down a bit after the initial shock. I'm waiting for a chance to talk to someone at my church who knows much more about this sort of thing than I do and who I think will be able to advise me about what I ought/need to do. Continued prayers appreciated.

May God bring alongside you those who may best bless you with the solution you need.

I too need this prayer fulfilled. I have been tasked with running a state-wide ecumenical course for people trying to discern their roles re prison ministry. The venue is booked, the table laid, the guests are on their way but as yet I have no Spiritual Director to lead it. I have been knocking on doors for many weeks now begging for this loaf of bread, to no avail. If God's chosen solution does not appear within the next few days all will need to be cancelled. It is midnight and I am in deep need. Please pray!!!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

Please pray for my 5 year old nephew F. He was in hospital with asthma over Easter and ended up in ICU. Had been at home and doing fine, but today is back in hospital and in the ICU again. Doctors are baffled with his case as none of the usual medicines are working and are monitoring him very closely as he is seriously ill. Please, please pray for him to be okay and for a treatment to be found that works. Also that a preventer can be found that keeps his asthma under control so this situation does not happen again and again.

His asthma was severe when he was 2 years old and he spent weeks of autumn/winter in hospital that year, but has been stabilised with a preventer the last three years so we don't know why it is bad again now. Cold weather is a trigger for his asthma.

Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Lord, Please nudge a spiritual director. Amen
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Mili's nephew and EA's spiritual director.

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I spoke to my parents this morning and they said they will update me on any changes. So F. is doing ok but still in ICU as far as I know.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:

May God bring alongside you those who may best bless you with the solution you need.

I too need this prayer fulfilled. I have been tasked with running a state-wide ecumenical course for people trying to discern their roles re prison ministry. The venue is booked, the table laid, the guests are on their way but as yet I have no Spiritual Director to lead it. I have been knocking on doors for many weeks now begging for this loaf of bread, to no avail. If God's chosen solution does not appear within the next few days all will need to be cancelled. It is midnight and I am in deep need. Please pray!!!

BL - I've sent you a PM with a suggested name.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

There seem to be no end to my friend V's woes - his grandmother died early Friday morning, someone who has lived in his house or in his uncle's house next door all of V's life. She had become quite frail and it is no surprise but...

So in quick succession it has been a great aunt, a great uncle an uncle and now his grandmother.

Please remember him and his family.

Thanks.

[Votive]

--------------------

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Ye Olde Motherboarde's Miss M - for peace, comfort, healing; may the cancer not have spread [Votive]

Abigail - continued peace about the rewiring, the opportunity to speak to the person who can advise [Votive]

Saysay's area and all troubled places - peace and calm [Votive]

Banner Lady - a spiritual director to step into the need very soon [Votive]

Mili's nephew F - for reassurance for him and the family; wisdom for the medics; a preventer to keep the asthma under control [Votive]

WW's V - comfort in his losses; some encouragement and good news please [Votive]

[ 04. May 2015, 09:37: Message edited by: Nenya ]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our friend T is still suffering serious depression.

Cubby's cousin's husband G has just suffered a stroke.

Please pray.

Praying for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Continuing to hold everyone in the Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

Continuing to pray for all.

Thankyou for all your prayers for F. He is out of ICU and in the children's ward now. I'm just praying they find a preventer that works so he's not back in hospital for frequent visits and he and the family can lead a normal life.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That sounds like at least a step in the right direction, Mili. Is it possible it may be the sort of thing that he could grow out of?

[Votive] continuing for him, and for all in need.

--------------------

Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On top of all the other troubles they are facing, my daughter's father-in-law has this past week been told he has bowel cancer. Please spare a prayer for MC, and all the family.

Lord, have mercy [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please Prayer for J whose wife M has died.

Please also pray for my parents. M is my mothers oldest/best friend. Mum has dementia, so Dad is going to have to tell her over and over again that her best friend has died and Mum getting very upset.

Mum will eventually get it but not for a while. Plus there is the funeral to attend.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The news so far has not been positive for R. who has serious post-operative complications following surgery on his only working eye. Please pray with us and for us.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Fredegund
Shipmate
# 17952

- Posted      Profile for Fredegund   Email Fredegund   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here daily.
And if anyone could bear to pray that the black dog doesn't win - concentration shot to Hades and daren't send work related stuff in case people complain...

Posts: 117 | From: Shakespeare's County | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name [Votive]

Especially for Fredegund - many hugs from one black dog owner to another [Votive]

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

My son and his wife has there little 3 year old 'A' ill !
And so I have to go to get the older two children and take them home. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by daisymay:
My son and his wife has there little 3 year old 'A' ill !
And so I have to go to get the older two children and take them home. [Votive]

Prayers for little A, and may you enjoy your day with your other grandchildren.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For a friend who's traveling with family.

For me: Overburdened with some personal matters.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your great mercy, hear our prayers. Amen.

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

[Votive]

For R., in the dark, literally as well as metaphorically, and struggling with his worst nightmares. Please pray that he will be given the extra strength he needs to keep despair at bay.

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying......

Please pray for Miss D and Miss B, also Miss H, who have been involved in disputes leading to physical violence. Please pray they quickly realise this is not how to solve problems. [Votive]

My mental health continues to be poor, although I am reaping the rewards of being a little more open about what I have going on. Please pray that things continue to be manageable. [Votive]

And slightly on that note, a taxi driver was really rude to me this evening, and I was more upset about it than I would usually have been. Luckily my friend was with me and we laughed it off. Indeed, as we walked back past his cab, I may have done a happy dance of joy, just because he had such a happy smiling face.*

I pray that he has a really great rest of his shift, that he has fab passengers who don't try to speak to him, and that on leaving his cab they all give him massive tips of actual money rather than, for example, tips on how to be less miserable, or indeed tips in the form of random dancing. God bless his and his shiny black cab! [Votive]

* I confess I may also have given him the bird. Okay, double bird. My bad.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

And tomorrow we have the India getting together about God in a church. Usually lots of people. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praise God for an elegant solution to the need for Spiritual Directorship - not one but two have been provided who are willing to tag team.

Able to wave the banner in gratitude now, rather than desperation!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

Great news, Banner Lady! Hope all goes well!

ChastMastr's T and G - for pain-free peace and comfort.

Mili's F - a good way forward for preventing his hospital visits.

Pine Marten's MC and family - a peace passing understanding and a positive way ahead medically.

Jengie jon's J and M and Jengie jon's parents - peace and God's presence to feel close; loving friends to surround them

Diomedes' R - for some improvement following his eye surgery; light in his darkness; comfort in despair.

Fredegund and Lia - may the black dogs be kept in check.

Daisymay and family - for wellness.

Golden Key's friend and burdens - may the burdens be lightened.

Mad Cat's Misses D, B and H - for positive ways forward. Mad Cat - for more good days.

[Votive]

--------------------

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For all intentions.

[Votive]

For mercies recieved.

[Votive]

For mercies yet to come.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016