homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2015 (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2015
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Robert [Votive]

--------------------
on the one hand - self doubt
on the other, the universe that looks through your eyes - your eyes

Posts: 364 | From: Rubovia | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All y'all that are better at this that I am (I just yell at God a lot of the time), please pray for my good friend Richard...brain tumor 5-12 months left....

He's fighting...just needs some heavenly back up to whooop cancer's ass....

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just learned of the death on Sunday of a woman I knew in San Francisco. She was murdered. Please pray for the repose of her soul and for all the communities that are grieving right now.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Fullgospel's Robert, Bess's Richard and the soul of Churchgeek's friend.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
reading and upholding [Votive]

And especially on my heart is Robert

who has had his Home Office tribunal cancelled again; and who is feeling very, very down though

trying to pray, and fasting. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Despite several valid challenges, our management are still going through with the restructure proposal that makes my post redundant. i have a meeting today to find out what happens next. Please pray for me and for K, my Union rep, who is so tremendously busy right now.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] especially for those who are weeping, worrying, or waiting.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
neandergirl! Yay!
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For BessLane's Richard, for healing.

For fullgospel's Robert.

For the repose of the soul of churchgeek's friend, and for justice and mercy and repentance from each and to each.

For neandergirl.

For Starbug and for K, for rightness to prevail.

For the Telemum.

For G. and her family.

For Aunties Danger and Telenun.

For P., S., and me to get funding and full employment. I really need to get on top of the number of things I have to do to achieve this.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hurricane force winds here, one gust at the lighthouse clocked at 114mph. Mostly it's al fine and no boats are out, but prayers that houses hold together and people make smart choices would be good. My short little drive to work and back was hair raising. Please pray especially for those who struggle to keep their homes warm (winds chills to -50), those who have to be out (especially kids walking home from school), and the elderly.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive]

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all who have asked for our prayers.

[Votive] For all in need, but who cannot or dare not ask.

[Votive] For all who struggle with daily life.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

For all here [Votive]

also continuing for Robert and Home Office delays (left fearing for his future) [Votive]

for my cousin

Alan RIP [Votive]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

[Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A young man here in the village, Vishnu who I have mentioned before, is unwell - nothing too serious, stomach stuff, but enough to take him off to the hospital and get him a raft of pills and some dehydration salts so any spare upholding going around would be very welcome.

[Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Vishnu, and also for the soul of my brother-in-law, R., who died six years ago today.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

For all, whatever the need. [Votive]

--------------------

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the family and friends of Kayla Mueller, the young humanitarian aid worker from Arizona held captive by ISIS, who claimed she was killed by Jordanian bombers. Her death was confirmed this morning, but no details have been released.
[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My roommate and I are looking after a stray cat we really shouldn't keep (we have too many cats already...and I'm allergic to them!). I took him to the vet to be checked out yesterday, and on the "snap test," he showed a very weak positive for FIV (the feline version of HIV) and a very strong positive for FeLV (feline leukemia). This means he's likely unadoptable, even though he's the sweetest little thing and seems very healthy and robust.

Neither of those viruses equates to a death sentence automatically, but chances are he could have a short, and potentially expensive, life ahead of him, so not many people will want to take in a cat like that. And it's hard enough finding someone to adopt a cat as it is.

We really shouldn't have him around all our cats, though, since he can't share food or water bowls or have any extended, saliva-swapping interactions with other cats.

I guess I'm asking for prayers for the little guy to maybe get adopted as a special-needs cat, or, since there's a possibility this could happen, for his immune system to fight off the viruses. I think that's a remote possibility, but it can happen. He's such a sweetie, I hate that he's basically shut up in our bathroom right now.

We don't know how he wound up on the streets, but he's neutered, and about a year & a half old. Someone might have dumped him, but it's hard to say.

We've been calling him Walker because he just walked in like he belonged in our home (although he actually ran inside). So if you should feel so called to pray for him, you can pray for little Walker.

(eta: My 15-yr-old Taffeta is in kidney failure, but she's pretty healthy otherwise...except she hates other cats. She won't leave my bedroom, which is fine, but the stress of all the cats in the house makes her vomit a lot. That's one reason I'm not happy about one more cat in the house. If you're so inclined, you can also pray for Taf.)

[ 10. February 2015, 20:55: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

[ 11. February 2015, 01:50: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light - and prayers for me, too, please as I suffer yet another cold. I know it will be gone soon but I still feel miserable now.

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

I've decided to opt for voluntary redundancy. I don't want to apply for the new job that my colleague and I are supposed to apply for. My department head has agreed to pay me in lieu of notice, so I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks when the paperwork is sorted out. It's scary but also very exciting. I have 20+ years of service, so the redundancy package is fairly generous and will allow me time to pray and consider what to do next. I would be more excited about it, but I've finally got this cold that's been circulating around the office for months!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016