homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!) (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  156  157  158 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Grandson of FLP (Famous Last Posts!)
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not an FLP per se, but according to the boards home page there are currently...

101 Lurkers

Ah, the less well-remembered Disney cartoon...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Best ever album title Scum (...Dominus Vobi-)

I can't say that that is my favorite.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred Phelps to picket Amazing Grace

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!! [Help] [Help] [Help]

[ 06. October 2006, 03:37: Message edited by: mirrizin ]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred Phelps to picket... (Barnabas62)

"God Hates Barnabas62!"

[Eek!]

I'd egg Phelps for that one. (Unless God really does hate B62! [Killing me] )

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
London Duck Meet ... Auntie Doris

... Auntie Doris, this is London Duck

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shipmates expecting... The Great Gumby

(spins round in chair, stroking white cat) Good evening, Mr Gumby. We've been expecting you...

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kiss Bishop's Rings:... (Amethyst)

Yes, I believe that's the traditional stone.

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Reoccuring Questions... Alan Cresswell

Yes, he does crop up a lot, but he's not really a question, is he?

--------------------

Also by the same author

Choirboy
Shipmate
# 9659

- Posted      Profile for Choirboy   Email Choirboy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Confraternity of the ... BibleBeltAnglican

Um, is that an Anglo-Catholic or Evangelical group?

Posts: 2994 | From: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How long have you been...Timothy the Obscure

I've been Timothy all my life--the obscurity waxes and wanes...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scriptural basis for Balaam

Numbers 22 will do for a start

(though I must say Don Francisco's version of the story is a lot funnier (lyrics half way down right-hand column)).

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kill him first we duck

Unflinching, that one is.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Gallica officinalis
Shipmate
# 3886

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Gallica officinalis   Email Rosa Gallica officinalis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How long have you been... Alan Creswell

I'm not, I never have been, and I never will be.
Oh this isn't the : paranoid : thread is it [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Come for tea, come for tea, my people.

Posts: 874 | From: The Hemlock Hideout | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred Phelps to picket... RooK

Tickets for sale! I gotcher ringside seats right here!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ezekiel's vision of Freddy

On a bicycle?

[ 09. October 2006, 20:00: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Silly Names for Children... auntie di

Think how confused that kid would be. Especially if it's a boy.

--------------------

Also by the same author

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Church doomed in Britain (Saint Hedrin the Lesser-Known)

So remember, kids, when founding your next church, pick a popular patron saint!

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Punishment and Murdering... Barnabas62

No!! How could anyone do such a thing? What's Barnabas ever done to you?!

--------------------

Also by the same author

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just came over to post that, SBW!!! So instead I'll post Confidentiality, trust LynnMagdalenCollege because it seems like such good advice [Snigger]

(edited to make it funnier)

[ 10. October 2006, 09:15: Message edited by: LynnMagdalenCollege ]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

2 for 1 special offer on Famous Last Posts!

Confidentiality, Trust, Crackers & Goat's Cheese

The four vital ingredients in any church, right?

What's the deal with... Schroedinger's Cat

We've been wondering that for a long time... [Razz]

--------------------

Also by the same author

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Cardiff meet - 14th Carys

I didn't know that there was a Welsh calendar. What day is that on the regular calendar?

--------------------

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

What to do with a dead... Martin L

The options are endless...

--------------------

Also by the same author

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

What to do with a dead sabine

{really bad taste}
"Remember, first rape, then pillage, then burn!"
{/really bad taste}
{no worse than usual}

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[party political broadcast]

This Brit needs a small... (Pânts)

[/party political broadcast]
[Snigger]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

What to do with a dead Bishops Finger

put it in a reliquary.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ezekiel's vision of Anselm

talk about seeing the future!

--------------------

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What's the deal with... Schroedinger's Cat

We've been wondering that for a long time...

Either dead or alive--you won't know till you open the box...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ezekiel's Vision of DarkKnight

Now that's prophetic!

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ezekiel's vision of Dark Knight.

(Singing)

A dark knight within a wheel
A-rollin' way in the middle of the air!
[Cool]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Birdseye

I can see my house from here!
# 5280

- Posted      Profile for Birdseye   Author's homepage   Email Birdseye   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why there isn't a Doctor Hugal

Because Hugal hasn't done a PhD?

--------------------
Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans.
a birdseye view

Posts: 1615 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Calling The Giant Cheeseburger... Alan Cresswell

...would cause a lot of confusion around these parts.

--------------------

Also by the same author

dolphy

Lady of Perpetual Responsiblity
# 862

- Posted      Profile for dolphy   Email dolphy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Confidentiality, trust... Smudgie

Indeed [Big Grin]

--------------------
Looking forward to my rock moving closer again.

Posts: 15134 | From: my camper van | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fight the Good Father Gregory

And in this corner of the ring, wearing a large pointy hat and an elaborate robe...

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ancient Mariner, media...(Raspberry Rabbit)

Oh, come now! Equating AM to a pastry? (Although I admit the thought of putting AM's head in my mouth and slowly biting it off and then sucking out the filling does attract me on a primordial level. That'll teach him to diss my Nativity Play performance!)

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

Clerical Mutiny Against...(Basselope)

"Run, Basselope! Run!"

--------------------

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

Has anyone seen the ORGANMEISTER?

Did you check behind the console? Up in the loft? Over at the pub?

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

Confidentiality, trust, (Melon)

Which of these three does not belong on the breakfast table? Which of these three benefits most from being squirted with lime juice?

This Brit needs a small...(Grits)

[sniff] Really, she's just polenta.

What to do with a dead... (Henry Troup)

1. Gut and preserve corpus. (Discard offal or give to Scottish shipmates for haggis)
2. Coat corpus with urethane
3. Insert steel rod up corpus' anus
4. Affix base of rod to mounting plate on floor stand
5. Arrange arms and legs in life-like pose (I favor "grizzly bear attack!" style)
6. Insert meerschaum pipe between jaws

Grandson of FLP (Famous... (Henry Troup)

Is he famous for being stuffed?

Ezekiel's vision of... (DarkKnight)

"...and I saw a dark chariot, with wings as a bat, flying through the night, steered by another bat...."

--------------------

HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:

What to do with a dead... (Henry Troup)

6. Insert meerschaum pipe between jaws

I object! I'm a life-long non-smoker. I insist on a large coffee mug instead.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where is the body of... Late Paul

Under the patio?

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fight the good St Bertolin

And to think the poor boy changed his screen name to avoid appearin in Famous Last Posts [Big Grin]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone seen the... liturgyqueen

It's like Dr Seuss for the Eccles crowd [Biased]

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Forward in Faith fight Honest Ron Bacardi

My money's on Honest Ron Bacardi.

Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

I expose a pantomime... duchess

Get this - she's actually... a bloke in drag!

--------------------

Also by the same author

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope, I can assure you I am all woman, my dear boy.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

Confidentiality, Trust, RooK

In RooK we trust.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Fighting the good CuppaT

Why would you do that? Wait ... you don't work for Starbuck's, do you?

--------------------

CuppaT
Shipmate
# 10523

- Posted      Profile for CuppaT   Email CuppaT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope. But I sure do like their coffee.

--------------------
Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it any longer, draw back a little and have a cup of tea.
~Elder Sophrony

Posts: 919 | From: the edge of the Ozarks | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Priestly genitalia ... John Holding

Is that allowed?

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Goldfish Stew
Shipmate
# 5512

- Posted      Profile for Goldfish Stew   Email Goldfish Stew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Calling the Giant Cheeseburger,... mr cheesy

So McDonalds employ Roger Hargreaves to name their burgers?

--------------------

Posts: 2405 | From: Aotearoa/New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Calindreams
Shipmate
# 9147

- Posted      Profile for Calindreams   Email Calindreams   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
baptising the dead babybear

Throwing up all sorts of theological debates about child baptism, baptism of the dead and animal theology.

--------------------
Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

Posts: 665 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  156  157  158 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016