homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 44)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just glad the questions aren't in joined up writing or I'd be even slower!

eta: Here is the link - I think I got it right this time.

[ 23. June 2013, 13:48: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boom! 10/10 again! I wasn't expecting that, as I mostly relied on my guessometer. Not bottom of the class either - bottom of the 10s, but not bottom of t' class.

Time was 139 - but I gotta read the questions before I stand any chance of getting them right.

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose if I ever paid any attention to moving pictures, I might have a half-chance of getting in with a 10.

At least there weren't two or more questions on pitchers.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
...At least there weren't two or more questions on pitchers.

I thought you liked art!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Art who?

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Funnily enough, I don't know the trade names of US medications, despite spending 20 years as a nurse!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mark Betts

Ship's Navigation Light
# 17074

- Posted      Profile for Mark Betts   Email Mark Betts   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Art who?

Art Garfunkel?

--------------------
"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary."

Posts: 2080 | From: Leicester | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eighth place! [Yipee] **pats the Guessometer and gives it a wee dram**

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Movies my downfall - again!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Thanks for the heads up. [Frown]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 at the blazing speed of 52. Which is very quick, for me.
O PeteC, when piglet will let it go, could I have it for the GeoGuesser game? Piglet ' hogs' it so! [Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I beg to differ, PB4S - if Pete's not at home I always put it back underneath the third flowerpot from the left. [Smile]

I don't think I'm to blame if it escapes ... [Paranoid]

eta: ... or gets removed ... [Eek!]

[ 27. June 2013, 00:34: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another garbage performance from WW.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I looked under the geranium pot; nothing there but a slug. And I thought that the pig and swine people could sort of help each other out. [Frown]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm sorry - it wasn't there when I looked today, and I consequently changed a right answer to a wrong one ... [Frown]

PS Of course I'd help out if I could. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
quote:

Thanks Smuggy [Big Grin]

10/10 today but doubtless A Certain Penguin will be along with a faster time shortly.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
quote:

Thanks Smuggy [Big Grin]

10/10 today but doubtless A Certain Penguin will be along with a faster time shortly.

[Angel]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

What a load of old crap today. Not everyone reads movie star fanzines. [Mad]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh, far too much popular culture today.

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A sheer guess puts me one ahead of you, Pete - terrible set of questions. Not only did I not know the answers I had no interest in them either.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Pearlie, I take it you found the Guessometer - I certainly didn't - I even managed to change a right guess to a wrong one ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 on a Sunday can't be bad! Lousy time, of course, but that is par for the course with me.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't understand one of the questions [Ultra confused]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Pearlie, I take it you found the Guessometer -

I must have drained it of all its right guesses, yesterday. I tossed it through the letter slot for you. Have at it. I think it needs a fresh battery [Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I hadn't started daydreaming, I would have had a better time. Maybe.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
quote:
Pearlie, I take it you found the Guessometer -

I must have drained it of all its right guesses, yesterday. I tossed it through the letter slot for you. Have at it. I think it needs a fresh battery [Biased]
Thanks - I gave it a wee dram and it worked a treat - 10/10 in 49 seconds and fourth place is the best I've done since I can't remember when.

[Yipee]

PS It's back under the flower-pot ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Oh wow! I beat the weasel!

Oooohhhhhh, Smudgiekins! Where are you?

[ 01. July 2013, 08:29: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pete, it ain't that much of an achievement!

[Razz]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Oh wow! I beat the weasel!

Oooohhhhhh, Smudgiekins! Where are you?

Here [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, first time I beat the penguin I think [Big Grin]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Everybody beat me today. [Frown]

Pearlie, have you been using the Guessometer for the Geo-guessing game and left it up a tree in southern Brazil?

[Devil]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I never get the Simpsons ones right.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pitifully, pathetically slow!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Tripled-damned Murrican teevee shows!

Off now. See you on Friday maybe.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:

Pearlie, have you been using the Guessometer for the Geo-guessing game and left it up a tree in southern Brazil?
[/QB]

No. Last time I used it was a deserted road on the wrong end of Australia. Guesso doesn't know squat about where roads are. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Oinkster

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Poor Pingu only got 9!

[Snigger]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
quote:

No. Last time I used it was a deserted road on the wrong end of Australia ...
I tried it there and got the wrong end too. Must have been using it upside-down ... [Big Grin]

It wasn't much use on the quiz today either - there were two questions that I always guess, and usually guess wrongly. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

First to play so first place, briefly - my 9/10 will soon be overtaken.

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Absolutely not easy!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Guessometer on excellent form today, unlike Speedometer, which wasn't - I was the slowest of the 10/10s - but that's still a big improvement on yesterday ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Getting distracted by random thoughts does NOT improve my performance times!

[Mad]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

quote:
Guessometer on excellent form today, unlike Speedometer, which wasn't - I was the slowest of the 10/10s - but that's still a big improvement on yesterday ... [Big Grin]

A leisurely amble to a 10/10. Suits me.
By the way.... I heard that you only use your Speedo-meter when you're at the beach.

PB4S
[Snigger]

--------------------
Oinkster

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Felt slooooooooooooow today, but still 4th as of right now...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

How can anyone do that in 26 seconds?

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think anybody doing it that fast needs handicapping in some way [Big Grin]

Today a Very Easy classification that I agree with! What is the world coming to?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
I think anybody doing it that fast needs handicapping in some way [Big Grin] ...

...particularly penguins!

[Biased]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
quote:
I think anybody doing it that fast needs handicapping in some way [Big Grin] ...

...particularly penguins!

[Biased]

ppffffft - I was handicapped by not reading the question properly and thus spending far too long re-reading the question. Each time I missed out the same word which actually gave the answer away. Off now to examine pictures of birds.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aargh! Annoying self-referential quiz questions!
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TurquoiseTastic:
Aargh! Annoying self-referential quiz questions!

Seconded [Frown]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016