homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 49)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm stuck between Pete and Smudgie -

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!

Here's the link.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darn. Today I didn't just guess one wrong, I actually got it wrong outright, as in I thought I knew the answer and I didn't.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I'm stuck between Pete and Smudgie -

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!

You lucky, lucky man [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's obviously better than being stuck between Welease Woderwick and Smudgie. That'd be a Wedgie.

[ 31. August 2013, 09:19: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orfeo - [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come on, Piglet. You should know better than to encourage him! [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slower than Pingu [just as accurate] but then she has [comparative] youth on her side.

[Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

quote:
Slower than Pingu [just as accurate] but then she has [comparative] youth on her side.

[Razz]

If that's the case, then I must have been much faster [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Come on, Piglet. You should know better than to encourage him! [Biased]

Sorry, Pingu - you're quite right but it tickled my funny-bone. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another damned fillum with an unknown actor. [Disappointed]

Ah, well, I never wanted to be top dog, anyway. A footsoldier in the service of the Lord, that's me.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer really earned its keep today. [Smile]

**administers large dram**

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

My goodness. Did you know we are in the top 10 tournaments on the trivia site? In terms of how many players.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was looking all over the scores for weasel.

Calls:

quote:
Weasel! Weasel Weasel??
Oh.

There he is!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
My goodness. Did you know we are in the top 10 tournaments on the trivia site? In terms of how many players.

Not in terms of quality of players? [Big Grin]

I managed 10/10 in 39 seconds and 8th place - [Yipee]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remembered Captain Kirk's middle name - how sad is that [Snigger]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On my return I was stoned by the last question.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All hard quizzes should be that hard. I think that might be the first time I've cracked 40 seconds.

Just waiting for the easy quiz tomorrow with an illegible question about lint.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was two seconds faster than Marvin! What a special feeling!! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Not in terms of quality of players? [Big Grin]

I think our average score was pretty darn good, actually.

--------------------

not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wahay!!!! Top of the leaderboard!

(shhh! about me being the only one on it)

Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

100% again today - I wonder what PeteC will get when he plays...

...oh, he's played already, I didn't notice him down there!

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

I detest 'quiz' questions that don't deal in hard, verifiable facts. If I wanted a class in social etiquette that's not the site I'd go to.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Damned actresses. If I pick one, it's the other. If I pick a third, it's the second one. Or the first, or the fourth!

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I was two seconds faster than Marvin! What a special feeling!! [Yipee]

I spent about five seconds wondering if I'd got question 9 right. Silly mistake, really.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Damned actresses ...

... but the Guessometer was right on with actors!

**administers large dram**

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Being rather out of practice at the quiz at present, I'm feeling slightly smug to be currently in 10th place!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did not take over 50000 seconds!!! It crashed when I attempted to submit it this morning then submitted on my 2nd attempt this evening but decided on giving me a stupid time. Grrrrr!!!

[Frown]

Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

38 seconds won't win me any prizes but it is pretty quick for me!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

As was 67 for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Part of my poor timing is down to hesitation in disbelief that anyone should ask anything quite that stupid!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got the movie question right!!!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Beloved Guessometer, savior of the clueless who never saw certain movies that were way, way before their time,
Thanks for working for once. Almost makes up for a few of those other times.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Part of my poor timing is down to hesitation in disbelief that anyone should ask anything quite that stupid!

Ye Gods, yes. Gesturing at the screen takes up valuable seconds.

[ 07. September 2013, 20:28: Message edited by: ArachnidinElmet ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
O Beloved Guessometer, savior of the clueless who never saw certain movies that were way, way before their time,
Thanks for working for once ...

Didn't work for me ... [Frown]

For once I get a half-decent time and I get let down by a question about an actress I've never heard of in a film I've never seen.

[Mad]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Wasted a second or two correcting a wrong answer, ended up 1 second behind the lead. [brick wall]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Chuffing touchpads and crap motor function. I knew that answer. Grr.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
not logging on at the weekends is going to cost me dear in the overall standings.... [Disappointed]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

... and yet another obscure, long dead "musician".

[Disappointed]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yea and amen, Pete. [Mad]

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

Obscure? He was a star! Died before I was born and I knew who it was.

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You'll be telling me that you've never heard Don McLean's song next...
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:
You'll be telling me that you've never heard Don McLean's song next...

Who? What?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

In re: today's quiz:

The reason I took so long was by stopping to consider the 5(2) was also a viable option.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I should have listened to the Guessometer. *sigh*

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

Has anyone ever tried to submit a correction? I get a blank window when I click on the link.

There's a question today that is semi-wrong. The explanation given for the answer is certainly wrong.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I have this recurring fantasy that one day I will not be able to answer any of the questions and score a big, fat zero but so far it hasn't occurred.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Slowed down by cat snoozing on lap thus necessitating one-handed control of laptop balancing at long distance on the arm of the chair, and distracted by boy deciding to read me the draft of his first ever college assignment mid-quiz!!!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm top of the leader board! And very lonely [Big Grin]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

You and I are the only 10s at this moment.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've joined you and am, momentarily, at the top!

[Eek!]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016