homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » Purgatory   » Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread (Page 76)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Oops - your Trump presidency discussion thread
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is from the Post but is on their front page, so perhaps you could go there to view the photo. Which tells you all. The Trumps wanted to borrow a Van Gogh from the Guggenheim. And since you'd be eight separate kinds of fool to entrust a masterpiece to him, the museum suggested this piece instead.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowing the Trump family’s taste, they probably already have a gold-plated toilet.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
This is from the Post but is on their front page, so perhaps you could go there to view the photo.

Nope.
[Frown]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Washington Post front page. If you go there now the photo is front and center.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That article mentioned that a museum lending art to the First Couple is a thing. Surprising.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder if they'll take it... and I wonder if they understand the point in making the offer.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apart from the delight in reading about and seeing the Golden Throne, is it really up to a Director to make judgements based on their views? Wouldn't offering another painting be the more mature thing to do? It seems like it was only done to get news traction and the support of the left.

I acknowledge Trump as a loathsome human, but I feel uneasy about this.

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why? It's not like the toilet isn't an acknowledged work of art that was on display in the museum.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
Apart from the delight in reading about and seeing the Golden Throne, is it really up to a Director to make judgements based on their views? Wouldn't offering another painting be the more mature thing to do? It seems like it was only done to get news traction and the support of the left.

As long as you spell their name right.

--------------------
"You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook" - Harry S. Truman

Posts: 1486 | From: White Rose City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ohher
Shipmate
# 18607

- Posted      Profile for Ohher   Author's homepage   Email Ohher   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Absolutely. It's G-u-g-g-e-. . .

Coat. Will go get.

--------------------
From the Land of the Native American Brave and the Home of the Buy-One-Get-One-Free

Posts: 374 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
G-o-g-g-o

--------------------
Human

Posts: 1571 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh. Saturday night massacre misfire! That's from the Guardian Australia. Sensibly, the Guardian has kept its Australian site free because the ABC site is a free public service here. WOOT for big government! Mind you, the right-wing press is paywalled, because the ABC doesn't impact upon that market as much.

--------------------
Human

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The Washington Post front page. If you go there now the photo is front and center.

Or here, big, from the Guggenheim.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian--

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:

I think I see your point, and I don't know what was really intended. Sometime back, there was word that T was considering redoing the bathroom in the presidential apartment in gold, as he did with other things. So that's not totally out o the blue.

OTOH, the person from the Guggenheim presumably is responsible for keeping all the art collection safe. I don't know if T throws things when furious; but, if so, any borrowed art could damaged.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

FYI: T's State Of The Union Address is next Tuesday night.

Will be interesting to see whether he's there in person, or by TV, or if he simply tweets. (Tweet: "I'm the bestest president ever. We're making America great again. I hate everybody. Goodnight.")

There's a move to get the Congressional Democrats to boycott it. Personally, I think that would be both stupid and a bad strategy. They should at least attend. If they simply don't react, or play Monopoly on the carpet, or do a 60's style protest again, being there would at least show that they care and are doing their jobs.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LutheranChik:
Knowing the Trump family’s taste, they probably already have a gold-plated toilet.

All part of their attempt to polish a turd.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tukai
Shipmate
# 12960

- Posted      Profile for Tukai   Email Tukai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spokesman for the Israeli government, Mr D Trump, has told the Palestinians that now I've undermined the piece of territory most precious to you, it's up to you to talk peace - or I'll take away your money.

Presumably he hopes to build a Trump hotel on either East Jerusalem or as part of a new Israeli "settlement" somewhere in the disputed "occupied" territory and wants Netahyahu's endorsement to do so. So bugger the Palestinians , who are poor and brown and therefore of no account.

--------------------
A government that panders to the worst instincts of its people degrades the whole country for years to come.

Posts: 594 | From: Oz | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
apostate630
Apprentice
# 15425

- Posted      Profile for apostate630   Email apostate630   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Why? It's not like the toilet isn't an acknowledged work of art that was on display in the museum.

And in use in the museum.

https://www.guggenheim.org/exhibition/maurizio-cattelan-america

Sorry I missed using using it, Nicolemr. But at least I got to listen to and read Fox News bleat this morning.

Posts: 46 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Though it seems to me, on reflection, that Trump even asking the Guggenheim for a loan when the director is known to be anti-Trump, is a provocation, sort of like saying "nyah nyah, you don't like me but you have to do this for me", and the director replying "no I don't."

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The president can and has asked to borrow art before; I believe the practice began with the Reagans. The Obamas mainly had modern abstract art. I am certain that all due safeguards are taken so that the kids and Bo the dog don't damage the pieces.

A Van Gogh is a pretty big ask, however. Also be aware that the Guggenheim is a New York City museum. (As I recall the Obamas borrowed from the Corcoran here in DC.) Everybody in the Big Apple knows and loathes Crooked Don from days gone by. (Have I posted the Vanity Fair magazine photo retrospective of the history of Trump's hair recently? That's the kind of love he inspires.) He has never been a good neighbor, and has screwed over enough people in his home town that no one is inclined to do him any favors.

The more important brouhaha of the day is the word that Lyin' Don wanted to fire Mueller last year, but was talked out of it. A quick summary of the importance of this, alas from the Post. Loose lips sink ships; it may be that all the lawyers will need is the self-incrimination that he pours out unprompted.

For your amusement, a friend on Twitter posts:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray Bob Mueller’s job he’ll keep
If he gets fired before I wake
Lordy, I do hope there’s tape

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess what I find most disheartening in all of this is the smudgy- nosed obsequiousness of the Republican Party, despite the fact that many lawmakers find 45 an idiot buffoon, repugnant, or both.

Awhile back there was a theory going around that 45 was just a useful idiot for the Republicans, and that if he were able to successfully shill for the tax cut, the party would find a way to get rid of him before his term was up, preferring to deal with the more tractable Pence. I don’t see that happening. To me he is like a rodeo clown — he gets sent out to rile up the majority of citizens who dislike him and didn’t vote for him, to the delight of his rabid supporters up in the stands, while in the background the GOP is quietly, step by step, sharpening its knives and getting ready to dispatch our system in favor of a full- tilt, unapologetic authoritarian oligarchy.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator

Crœsos
Shipmate
# 238

- Posted      Profile for Crœsos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I guess what I find most disheartening in all of this is the smudgy-nosed obsequiousness of the Republican Party, despite the fact that many lawmakers find 45 an idiot buffoon, repugnant, or both.

Charlie Pierce argues convincingly that Trump (or someone like him) is not an anomaly but rather the obvious end point of the trajectory the Republican party has been following for nearly four decades.

quote:
But my most serious reservation is that the dynamic being engaged by these wandering spirits tends to make the inevitable an anomaly. The prion disease has been at work for decades and Trump is just one of its most egregious symptoms. Earlier ones include the strangulation of the nomination of Merrick Garland, the nomination of Sarah Palin, the disinformation regarding Iraq, the U.S. Attorney scandal, the Great Penis Hunt of 1998, TravelGate, FileGate, Whitewater, Iran-Contra, supply-side economics, and the ensemble encroaching on the institutions of government by organized plutocracy and organized theocracy. All of these things, large and small, led inexorably to the presidency* of someone like Donald Trump.
Given this analysis, the reason elected Republicans are so obsequious to Trump is that he represents the apotheosis of everything they've been working for.

[ 26. January 2018, 15:47: Message edited by: Crœsos ]

--------------------
Humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 10706 | From: Sardis, Lydia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a deadly plausibility in that article. The unholy alliance between the GOP and the evo right seems to have damaged both by pushing more moderate views to the margins.

[ 26. January 2018, 20:00: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
chris stiles
Shipmate
# 12641

- Posted      Profile for chris stiles   Email chris stiles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crœsos:
Charlie Pierce argues convincingly that Trump (or someone like him) is not an anomaly but rather the obvious end point of the trajectory the Republican party has been following for nearly four decades.

I didn't see much of an argument in that article myself - he just lists a chronological series of events and doesn't really make much of an attempt to draw any connections.

OTOH I do think he is right - and he's right in going back before the current era (as usually the obvious comparisons stop with Bush and Palin). Rick Perlstein is good on the topic. Though his books are somewhat uneven, he does show how bizarre Reagan was, right until he got voted in and wasn't any longer.

Posts: 4035 | From: Berkshire | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by Tukai:
Spokesman for the Israeli government, Mr D Trump, has told the Palestinians that now I've undermined the piece of territory most precious to you, it's up to you to talk peace - or I'll take away your money.

Presumably he hopes to build a Trump hotel on either East Jerusalem or as part of a new Israeli "settlement" somewhere in the disputed "occupied" territory and wants Netahyahu's endorsement to do so. So bugger the Palestinians , who are poor and brown and therefore of no account.

I hope this hasn't set the peace process back years. I hope the Israeli police nab Netenyahu for corruption very soon, that they find a suitable mediator, perhaps someone who is identified by an organisation rather than a nation, and that the tensions are reduced. I am afraid though.

--------------------
Human

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
I hope the Israeli police nab Netenyahu for corruption very soon, that they find a suitable mediator, perhaps someone who is identified by an organisation rather than a nation, and that the tensions are reduced.

And, while you are at it, you want a pony. And a unicorn.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

- Posted      Profile for romanlion     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I hope this hasn't set the peace process back years.

[Killing me]

Do you suppose if they could go back, they would just get off at Oslo now?

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

This is a free click: practical tips you should keep in mind should you wish to have an affair with a porn star.

In spite of these scandals, the GOP insists that the president is a great role model. They actually admire his moral leadership.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

One tip should be "if you want to pay her hush money, and if you're rich, give her a heck of lot more money than T gave Stormy".

I'm still stunned he paid her so little. You'd think that even T could figure out she's more likely to stay hushed if he pays her a generous sum.

Alternatively, just don't have extramarital affairs.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I need brain bleach. Not because of Trump but because of the execrable fruit from the hybrid tree which is GOP/evo right. They have no shame.

Trump has no shame, but of course we knew that.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
quote:
I hope the Israeli police nab Netenyahu for corruption very soon, that they find a suitable mediator, perhaps someone who is identified by an organisation rather than a nation, and that the tensions are reduced.

Sure. The Netenyahu corruption thing is fair dinkum though. He might not be charged (last I heard he was going in for his ninth session with the rozzers), but he might not win the next election either.

--------------------
Human

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps the small sum the Evil Orange Emperor paid Ms. Daniels reflects the level of satisfaction he gave her?

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
quote:

Sure. The Netenyahu corruption thing is fair dinkum though. He might not be charged (last I heard he was going in for his ninth session with the rozzers), but he might not win the next election either.
Corrupt or not Netanyahu is a moderate compared to other Likudniks and a librul compared to some of the ultras in the government coalition.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The more important brouhaha of the day is the word that Lyin' Don wanted to fire Mueller last year, but was talked out of it. A quick summary of the importance of this, alas from the Post. Loose lips sink ships; it may be that all the lawyers will need is the self-incrimination that he pours out unprompted.

For your amusement, a friend on Twitter posts:
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray Bob Mueller’s job he’ll keep
If he gets fired before I wake
Lordy, I do hope there’s tape

I'm working on the theory that Mueller will have had enough smarts to second-guess that plot right from the time he turned on the ignition. I suspect he holds the aces.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

From the POST, a roundup of evangelicals' unwavering support for Crooked Don. It is depressing to reflect upon the howls that would have been heard, if this had happened to Barack Obama.

And, also from the Post, is it a problem to be merely pro-birth? Does it not dilute the anti-abortion movement, to insist that babies have food or health care after they're born?

--------------------

Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

Billy Graham's grand daughter.

From which this quote is withering.

quote:
"I understand a lot of evangelicals supporting him because of his policies," she said. "I'd love to see a Christian leader come out and say that they support Trump for his policies, but that his behavior disgusts them, and he needs to clean up his act."
Wonder what Uncle Franklyn makes of that? Wonder what her granddad makes of Franklyn.

The evo right will rue the day they tied themselves to this man.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

The unrepentant vileness of the current incumbent gives tacit permission for even more horrible people to crawl out of the woodwork. The bar is now really, really, low.

Less depressingly, someone on Twitter has offered a prize to the first journalist who asks Lyin' Don about American relations with Wakanda, and gets his reply on video. I have mislaid the link but will post it if I can refind it.

--------------------

romanlion
editorial comment
# 10325

quote:

Less depressingly, someone on Twitter has offered a prize to the first journalist who asks Lyin' Don about American relations with Wakanda, and gets his reply on video.

Clever. That's the Kenyan province where the previous President was born, right?

Meanwhile, back on Earth, the dims are decrying an offer of amnesty to roughly thrice the DACA population as...wait for it...racist!

It's nearly February. Is this really their strategy?
[Killing me] [Roll Eyes]

Oh yeah, and McCabe's out. 2 months before his announced retirement. Interesting times...

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Actually, Wakanda is fictional (Wikipedia).

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

We can all go and see the new Black Panther movie and learn about it.

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

“ Dims,” really? What’s next — “ cucks”?

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We'll have to see what Trump has to say at the State of the Uniom (sic) speech tomorrow.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

Romanlion, I'm not sure of your religious views, but I wonder whether Trump's moral record has ever given you pause for thought?

--------------------
Human

Barnabas62
Host
# 9110

quote:

romanlion has been using 'dims' for ages. Also 'Barry' for Barack Obama, Illary for Hilary Clinton.

Expressing contempt in his posts seems to be a part of his libertarian outlook. I think he believes that liberalism is just another self-enclosing ideology, which may go some way towards explaining his more contemptuous posts.

I suppose he may find posting here amusing. Personally I think his pejorative labelling spoils the value of his posts. But that's up to him.

[ 30. January 2018, 09:34: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

From the Atlantic magazine, an in-depth (and free) analysis of the president's past year. What a sad, sorry man.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sounds as though 'The State Of The Union' could be summed up in just one word.

Shite.

[Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

An Australian news report suggested that the State of the Union would be irrelevant, because Trump would be back off-message on Twitter tomorrow.

Colbert's writing team came up with a brilliant metaphor for the attempted firing of Mueller. It starts just after the Susan Collins clip at about the 2:00 min mark.

--------------------
Human

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
quote:

romanlion has been using 'dims' for ages. Also 'Barry' for Barack Obama, Illary for Hilary Clinton.

Expressing contempt in his posts seems to be a part of his libertarian outlook. I think he believes that liberalism is just another self-enclosing ideology, which may go some way towards explaining his more contemptuous posts.

I suppose he may find posting here amusing. Personally I think his pejorative labelling spoils the value of his posts. But that's up to him.

Something for lonely people to do when they're shit-faced.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

[QUOTE] [/romanlion has been using 'dims' for ages. Also 'Barry' for Barack Obama, Illary for Hilary Clinton. QUOTE]

I guess I haven’t paid any attention to his posts before.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The SOTU address coverage should start in about 10 minutes.

The Washington Post has a page of info, and you can watch the speech there, too.

There's also supposed to be live fact-checking there. I don't think the link for *that* is working yet, though--just takes me back to the same page. (It's announced in the 12:36 pm update for today, on the page in my first paragraph.)

NOTE: I don't know if this will cost any clicks. I think maybe some of my security software blocks that, and I usually don't run into it.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016