homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Technical support (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Technical support
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Sorry about not providing a more timely response. I did a trawl through the control panel looking for available options for the UBB code with the board software - and came up empty-handed. All we can do is turn off images (which we have) or disable HTML (which we also have done). Later versions of UBB code do not seem to be available for a mere Admin to roll out for general Ship use.

I think it would involve an upgrade to a later version of UBB OR a board hack.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I appreciate the search. An official thank you to both, Rook and Tubbs.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I need some technical advice, please.
The ship is now taking at least 5 minutes for each page to load on my pc.I use Microsoft Windows.
The ship is the only site affected in this way.
A page starts to load, then hangs, trying to open a page that starts http//googleads.....
After a couple of minutes the page goes blue and stays like that for another 4 or 5 minutes until it loads. Very frustrating.
If you have any ideas, could you pm me as I have email notification of pm's and I'll actually be able to read it.
Thanks.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been having this problem intermittently too. Avast was also having issues with Google ads here last week as well, although that seems to have stopped now.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have experienced occasional less than usual speed with Ship pages as well. On multiple computers and my phone.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
I've been having this problem intermittently too.

Ditto. When it hangs, I've tried switching from Chrome to Firefox, but no joy. Not only on SoF though, I also get the same problem on one of the blogs I frequent. It just hangs on loading the Google ads, so I've assumed that the issue is there, not with the websites. I just close the window, and check in again after five minutes, by which time the problem has invariably gone.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
tiutchev
Apprentice
# 15355

- Posted      Profile for tiutchev   Email tiutchev   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi, I'm a newbe. How can I ask to have an email sent when there is a reply to a message I have posted in a forum?
Posts: 43 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi tiutchev!

I'm afraid that's a degree of sophistication that the Ship doesn't have.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our software is more than eight years old.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
quote:
Originally posted by Drifting Star:
I've been having this problem intermittently too.

Ditto. When it hangs, I've tried switching from Chrome to Firefox, but no joy. Not only on SoF though, I also get the same problem on one of the blogs I frequent. It just hangs on loading the Google ads, so I've assumed that the issue is there, not with the websites. I just close the window, and check in again after five minutes, by which time the problem has invariably gone.
My problem is that the page freezes so I can't close it.
Is there any way of loading pages without the Google ads? (Silly question?!)

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm trying to find out how to post links. At the moment, I can't access the home page, and clicking on FAQs got me a this website cannot be found response. Can anyone help? The problem with these techniques is that if you don't use them often, you forget how do do it. Applies to a variety of topics...

But FTM how do I post a link? It would be so helpful if this kind of info were posted loud and clear and in dayglo colours all over the ship. Just for those of us who have serious orientation problems. It would be an act of charity...

Yours in faith and hope. I'm relying on the charity
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When you open the "Post Reply" window there's a box marked "URL" towards the bottom, next to the smileys. That will open up a prompt for the URL and then for the name of the link.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Personally, I find typing the UBB code for urls much easier than using the button. If you want to do it manually, you do the following: (substituting square brackets for curly ones throughout)

{url=http://youwebsite.com}the text to be highlighted{/url}

For example, if you want to link to google.com, with the phrase "search engine" as the link, you type
{url=http://www.google.com}search engine{/url}.

There's a tutorial on UBB code here if you're interested.

Hope that helps [Smile]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, both of you. I've copied the info into my diary, so it will travel everywhere with me! [Overused]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
My problem is that the page freezes so I can't close it.
Is there any way of loading pages without the Google ads? (Silly question?!)

I'm afraid that there isn't any straightforward way to view pages without the ads... and if there were, we wouldn't tell you.

Page freezing so that it won't close sounds irritating. I'd suggest trying Google Chrome browser - theoretically it keeps page processes isolated so that they don't hang other functions.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:

Page freezing so that it won't close sounds irritating. I'd suggest trying Google Chrome browser - theoretically it keeps page processes isolated so that they don't hang other functions.

I have had this problem as well. However, since I run multiple tabs and multiple programs, I had not definitively linked the problem to SOF.

As to the speed of access issue, this is a new problem. Switching to a different browser might solve my issues, but would not explain why SOF has changed in its performance.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Hiro's Leap

Shipmate
# 12470

- Posted      Profile for Hiro's Leap   Email Hiro's Leap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had problems on my PC ever since installing Google Chrome, e.g. intermittent page freezes when using other browsers, even if Chrome wasn't open. Uninstalling it fixed everything.

Pity - I really liked it.

Posts: 3418 | From: UK, OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Switching to a different browser might solve my issues, but would not explain why SOF has changed in its performance.

Indeed. Or why I haven't noticed any change in the loading performance of SOF in some weeks.

But, sadly, all I can attempt to address is user issues - and only minorly. I have no direct contact to the mustache-twirling administrators of the servers we run the Ship on, nor the servers that the advertisers run their feeds from, nor the ad-hoc array of interconnecting outdated telecoms that link any given user to those far-flung servers.

Sorry.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Hiro's Leap:
I've had problems on my PC ever since installing Google Chrome, e.g. intermittent page freezes when using other browsers, even if Chrome wasn't open. Uninstalling it fixed everything.

That's funny: the second-best explanation I can think of for this involves a conspiracy in Redmond WA. Oh well - glad everything is fixed now and that you have nothing to complain about.
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've recently had ridiculously slow page loading on most websites. Thinking through what was happening, and when it started, I realised that my antivirus software had integrated an add-on to firefox. Uninstalling that add-on returned my page load speeds to normal. When such problems arise, it is worth looking at antivirus and firewall programs to see whether they have made changes in how they handle your browsing activity.

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hiro's Leap

Shipmate
# 12470

- Posted      Profile for Hiro's Leap   Email Hiro's Leap   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
That's funny: the second-best explanation I can think of for this involves a conspiracy in Redmond WA.

The problems started after an automatic Windows update, but were solved by ditching Chrome.

If I could be bothered, I'd do a fresh install of XP, get the newest drivers and try again. Chrome's a nice browser. Sadly, I'm a lazy git so it'll have to wait till my next PC.

(I'm not going to ask what the best explanation is, but I guessing it's a variation on EBCAK. [Smile] Quite possibly true.)

Posts: 3418 | From: UK, OK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just to respond because I love Chrome and obviously use the ship website: Not sure that the problem is just Chrome and XP together because Bullfrog and I use Chrome, on XP and Vista without troubles. Actually I have fewer troubles with ship pages now that I use Chrome.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jude
Shipmate
# 3033

- Posted      Profile for Jude   Email Jude   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Something else now - please can you tell me how to shorten a url, as sometimes I get the message that a link is too long. It's probably been done before, but I've forgotten and can't find the appropriate post.

--------------------
"...But I always want to know the things one shouldn’t do.”
“So as to do them?” asked her aunt.
“So as to choose,” said Isabel.
Henry James - The Portrait of A Lady

Posts: 233 | From: A town with four parishes | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

A common URL-shortening service is tinyurl.

Incidentally, please keep your signature to a total of 4 lines. Thanks.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For some reason, every time I try to post on the Rozencrantz thread in the circus, I am taken to the main page of the forums. No error messages, no nothing. I was able to post in at least one other Circus thread and posted a test in the UBB thread before I deleted it. Just not in Rozencrantz.

Wasn't anything about the words I was trying to post either "Can these knitted people be brought to life too?"

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
More for information than the need for action: Does editing a post cause that thread to lock up while the editing is going on?

Every so often, I try to access a thread, and the response takes forever. If I click "Stop" and retry it, then, quite often, I'll then get a quick response. So I wondered what might be going on to slow the reponse.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
Sometimes it gets caught in some weird loop. I see it occasionally when I click into a particular board -- I get nothing. Refreshing the page clears it right up.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another question: today when I opened the boards, none of the thread indexes showed any of the changed colour that indicates which ones I had read before. All of them were red.

Does the ship computer control this, or is it something to do with the cookies on my computer?

Or do I have some other problem within my computer?

This happened once before, about a month ago.

And, no, I didn't clean out all the cookies.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"You Make Me Feel So Young!"

Just now, when I was signing on, I got a little box-message saying "Age Verification: We do not permit members under 16"!

I logged on again, and the message didn't reappear...sigh. I guess it knows I'm well past my threescore years and ten....

Mary

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leetle Masha:
"You Make Me Feel So Young!"

Just now, when I was signing on, I got a little box-message saying "Age Verification: We do not permit members under 16"!

I logged on again, and the message didn't reappear...sigh. I guess it knows I'm well past my threescore years and ten....

Mary

Maybe they thought you were trying to buy quiche.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Horseman Bree:
Another question: today when I opened the boards, none of the thread indexes showed any of the changed colour that indicates which ones I had read before. All of them were red.

Does the ship computer control this, or is it something to do with the cookies on my computer?

Or do I have some other problem within my computer?

This happened once before, about a month ago.

And, no, I didn't clean out all the cookies.

This has also been happening to me on Ship for several days - I don't know why - and I have an iMac, do you have that or a PC? Is there any difference happening? Do others also have everything red? The yellows showing what posts I've read are still behaving properly.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quiche... hadn't thought of that! [Smile]

Mary

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Full Circle
Shipmate
# 15398

- Posted      Profile for Full Circle     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How do you quote?
I have read the facs - and the page about the url code. I've read it twice but still not posting quotes correctly.

At present I am pressing the button that goes at the beginning and end of everything that I have cut and pasted from another shipmate like this

Origionally posted by David
quote:

From today, I will NOT be providing technical support for the following problems.
quote:

It is sort of, but not quite right. However it totally falls apart when quoting someone who is quoting someone else.

There must be a simple way of doing this
Thanks in advance (& sorry if the advice is repeated twice in the past 17)

--------------------
Beware the monocausal fallacy (Anon)

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Just click on the quotation mark icon above and to the right the post you want to quote.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Full Circle
Shipmate
# 15398

- Posted      Profile for Full Circle     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Just click on the quotation mark icon above and to the right the post you want to quote.

Thank you Pigwidgeon.

--------------------
Beware the monocausal fallacy (Anon)

Posts: 232 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How do I get a status? I just figured out what I wanted mine to be ....

--------------------
The fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist.
(unknown)

Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:

There's a description of the usual method of obtaining a custom title in the FAQs.

[ 17. February 2010, 01:43: Message edited by: RooK ]

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

[Hot and Hormonal]

I've been kicking around the Ship for how long, and not worked that one out before now?! I've been doing some beautifully complicated things to make my quoting of someone else's words look right!

Thanks, Pigwidgeon.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Angel Wrestler
Ship's Hipster
# 13673

- Posted      Profile for Angel Wrestler     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Wrestler:

There's a description of the usual method of obtaining a custom title in the FAQs.
me, too ... [Hot and Hormonal]
Posts: 2767 | From: half-way up the ladder | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I posted something to a thread recently (24 Feb) and it isn't showing up in my "Recent Posts" page. I found the thread and the post is definitely there. My "Recent Posts" page still claims that my last post was on 21 Feb (a different post on a different thread).

Are there any problems with the "Recent Posts" pages being out of date? I have tried reloading the page but that didn't change it.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some links:

My Recent Posts:

http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00009228

My "missing" post:

http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=014152;p=1#000010

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Huh, I see what you mean MSHB. I've never encountered that before. Presumably there's a glitch with that post's indexing, and I doubt there's any way to correct it.

We'll keep an out out for this sort of glitch to see if it becomes a more common problem.

jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice typo, RooK. Right in keeping with the idea that the venerable old software keeping the Ship afloat is slowly losing its ballast* as it ages.

~~~

*I wanted to say losing its marbles, but decided to at least attempt to maintain a semi-coherent metaphor.

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actually, 'typo' is the wrong word. What *is* the term for replacing an entire word with the wrong word, as opposed to simply hitting the wrong key ("humn" for "hymn") or transposing two letters ("hte" for "the"), which are the classic typos?
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Huh, I see what you mean jlg. I've never encountered that before. Presumably there's a glitch with that post's composition, and I doubt there's any value in correcting it.

I'll keep a badger badger badger badger badger badger - mushroom mushroom - badger badger badger badger badger badger

W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
FYI, I noticed the same thing happened with other people who had posted on that thread prior to it being moved to Purgatory: their posts to that thread no longer appeared in their recent posts. It may be related to the fact that the thread disappeared completely from Kerygmania, with no forwarding address.

[ 27. February 2010, 03:32: Message edited by: W Hyatt ]

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sorry, can anyone tell me how to do URL links in a sig??

thanks.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
code it, so
code:
[url=http://www.and the rest]what you want it to say[/url]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Beware of the limitations of UBB coding; it doesn't like the underscore "_" in link addresses. If you mean to use the link you currently have listed in your signature, I suggest creating an alternative with tinyurl.com or something similar.
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am I getting old and slow, or has the edit time been reduced when I wasn't looking?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016