homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » FAQs - History of the Ship (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: FAQs - History of the Ship
Jason™

Host emeritus
# 9037

- Posted      Profile for Jason™   Author's homepage   Email Jason™   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just found this thread by searching for it, after 1000 posts and almost a year on the Ship.

Good read. This is quite the story.

What was the Ark?

What was the special surprise project that had been worked on "in the dark" and was going to be released "soon" way back in '03?

-Digory

Posts: 4123 | From: Land of Mary | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niënna

Ship's Lotus Blossom
# 4652

- Posted      Profile for Niënna   Email Niënna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
check this out re: ark.

--------------------
[Nino points a gun at Chiki]
Nino: Now... tell me. Who started the war?
Chiki: [long pause] We did.
~No Man's Land

Posts: 2298 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by professorkirke:
What was the special surprise project that had been worked on "in the dark" and was going to be released "soon" way back in '03?

That was our stash of Weapons of Mass Criticism (holy Mass, that is). I seem to recall that they got lost somewhere.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Max.
Shipmate
# 5846

- Posted      Profile for Max.     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow! Reading through this thread feels like reading an old usenet forum or something!

--------------------
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Posts: 9716 | From: North Yorkshire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Which isn't the point of the thread. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having read the whole puppy, the entire enchilada, I do have a question (!!) - can you explain how the Dead Horses board works? I came on late last year and assumed it was dead threads, but... apparently not. Asking the question (which is serious) also serves to bump this thread back to the first page on the Styx... thanks for everything -

now, go do that voodoo that you do so well...

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Dead Horses board is reserved for discussion of the select group of subjects that fall into that category - those that keep reappearing here and every other Christian discussion board, have no right answer, and cause headaches for the hosts. They're aren't closed threads, you can still contribute to the discussion (especially if by some miracle you have something new to say). Only admins or the board host can start threads there.

For threads that are read-only, go to Limbo where we preserve most of the better threads we've had once they've reached the end of their life on the regular boards.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's an interesting read! I'd also like to hear any opinions (don't have to just be from hosts and admins) on how the character of the boards has changed and is changing.

Are things much busier now than a few years ago - how many more posts a day, say (roughly)?

Is it still as interesting?

Do as many new and original subjects come up?

Is the Ship now more confessionally / theologically diverse?

Was the atmosphere originally more "clubby" - everyone knowing each other?

Am I correct in thinking that the orthodox online magazine element has declined at the expense of the boards and occasional (but no doubt very labour-intensive) "specials"?

And, of course, if those In The Know want to drop any hints about what's planned for the future then I'm a sucker for that.

Thanks!

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
R.A.M.
Shipmate
# 7390

- Posted      Profile for R.A.M.   Email R.A.M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was the long awaited project The Church of Fools? It was certainly what attracted me to the site originally - although it was not to my liking and I settled here instead.

--------------------
Formerly Real Ale Methodist
Back after prolonged absence...

Posts: 1584 | From: (Sunshine on) Leith | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scooby-Doo
Shipmate
# 9822

- Posted      Profile for Scooby-Doo   Email Scooby-Doo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just read this thread in its entirety. Absolutely fascinating.

I want to say a big thank you to all those who work so hard behind the scenes to make the Ship the wonderful place it is.
[Overused] [Overused] [Overused]

--------------------
Friendships multiply joy and divide grief.

[URL=http://https://[/URL]

Posts: 1036 | From: Dorset | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now you've read the history of the Ship, try the future history.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by fisher:
Are things much busier now than a few years ago - how many more posts a day, say (roughly)?

...Was the atmosphere originally more "clubby" - everyone knowing each other?

So far, 1,491 registrations have made Shipmate status, of which 697 have posts for this month, compared (per previous page) to a 539/1,042 ratio in July 2004. The percentage of active posters has gone down, but the overall traffic has probably gone up about a third.

Overall, the Neoworks incarnation must have been clubbier, as it had only between 100 and 200 registrations, but in absolute numbers the UBB "In Crowd" must be larger.

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just finished reading my way through this thread (got through a giant bar of Aero in the process!) - very interesting, especially for a newbie, and answered some of my wonderings on the life of the Ship! Thanks.

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Belisarius:
Overall, the Neoworks incarnation must have been clubbier, as it had only between 100 and 200 registrations...

At one point Erin said there were about 50 people who posted regularly. There wasn't nearly as much on the boards, so people read almost everything.

I don't think the day will ever come again when Erin, Gill H, and I post on the same thread.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
The first instance I know of the name Ship of Fools is in a 15th-century allegorical poem by Sebastian Brant, who set his drama on a ship crewed by all the fools of the world.

On the historic usage of Ship of Fools(*), but from the following century, a friend set me this entry from the complete Oxford Dictionary: thought you might be interested.
quote:
1517 Watson Shyppe of Fooles a ij, I am the fyrste in the shyppe vagaunte with the other fooles.

OED Volume V. p 10

(*)and I recall a thread which mentioned the wonderful woodcuts from this book: here they are for those interested: thanks to whomever it was who first posted them.

[ 25. May 2006, 03:43: Message edited by: Ian Climacus ]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I don't think the day will ever come again when Erin, Gill H, and I post on the same thread.
Moo

Wanna bet? [Biased]

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Climacus:
...and I recall a thread which mentioned the wonderful woodcuts from this book: here they are for those interested: thanks to whomever it was who first posted them.

It's nice to learn the Latin for Ship of Fools--Stultifera Navis.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dyfrig (on 28th July 2003):
quote:
Originally posted by Kenwritez:
OK, so I'm trying to get a feel for where the Ship is sailing. Where do the Simon, Erin, RuthW and the other Admins see the Ship in a year, two, three?

September 2003 - new poster arrives. Within 6 posts she has offended thirteen racial minorities, the gay community and Wood. Four days are lost to the ensuing arguments. 27 Heaven regulars threaten to leave because of the heartache involvde. pyx_e insults Nightlamp.

February 2004 - Simon asks for money

May 2004 - apprentice starts "Mornington Crescent" game in Heaven.

January 2005 - further changes to board software mean Ship is down for two weeks

February 2005 - Ship goes back on line. Fiddleback starts thread in Styx complaining about how things were better befoer the change. His fourteen multiple posts of the same message have to be manually removed because he has managed to crash the system.

August 2005 - Simon asks for money

This is astounding! Dear mystic Dyfrig, do you have any more predictions to guide us into the future?

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I predict that this thread will hold what you're looking for.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, what it is to be well read. Many thanks; that's a thread I had missed completely. (Now when am I going to find the time to read it?)

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tractor Girl
Shipmate
# 8863

- Posted      Profile for Tractor Girl   Author's homepage   Email Tractor Girl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Facisnating thread & mucho [Overused] & thanks to Erin, Simon and co. Until I read through this and read about the Hurricane Joanne incident,etc I had no idea how much s**t you guys had gone through at points to keep this running.

Also the Ark looked facinating any plans for a rerun?

--------------------
Patience, Firmness and Perseverance were my only weapons; and those I resolved to use to the utmost - Anne Bronte

Posts: 1114 | From: The field of life | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Bump!) Here's one: What was Small Fire?
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was a special interest board for discussing Alt worship. Along with one called The Mystery Worshipper, they were combined to form what we now have as Ecclesiantics.

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

In the distant past, Small Fire was also a column on the magazine dedicated to alternative worship. The board was a place to discuss the contents of that column. Though, rather like the MW board that existed to discuss MW reports, it did grow beyond merely discussing the column. Which is why it survived long after the last SF column.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When Emergining Church was not yet coined, but after NOS had done its bellyflop at Ponds Forge, there were across the country small bands of Christians who gathered together see if they could find what was meant by the term Alternative Worship.

This was noticed by Ship of Fools who asked Steve Collins as a participant to report on a selection of these groups in a column. That Column was called Small Fire and the board that went with it was also called Small Fire. It became a rather unusual space even by Alternative Worship fraternity as the majority of participants were female but it was small as were all alternative worship things at the time. It depended on the input of a few, mainly male posters to keep lively discussion going. When these got caught up into things like Emergingchurch.info it ran out of steam and was merged with the Mystery Worship board to make Ecclesiantics.

As I hope I have indicated it was very much a night camp on a journey for many. Necessary at the time but now part of events they have moved on from.

Jengie

[ 26. September 2006, 18:55: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Belisarius
Lord Bountiful of Admin (Emeritus) Delights
# 32

- Posted      Profile for Belisarius   Email Belisarius   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tractor Girl:
...the Ark looked facinating any plans for a rerun?

Not in the forseeable future (if nothing else, would there be an adequate number of new biblical characters?).

--------------------
Animals may be Evolution's Icing, but Bacteria are the Cake.
Andrew Knoll

Posts: 8080 | From: New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the great tradition of reality game shows how about "Ark Allstars"? [Biased]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How the transformation from Small Fire and MW to Ecclesiantics was announced. Which is an interesting read in itself.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Avalon
Shipmate
# 8094

- Posted      Profile for Avalon         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Avalon:
Alright, I've read the small group one and found a table setting one;and I think Limbo will be the death of me.Any estimates on whether anyone embarking on reading their way through Limbo ever comes out again - and, if so, when?

Oh, wow, did this project just get a major renovation around my ears! Down to 7 pages and the dust not settled yet apparently.

[Hot and Hormonal] And I think I just admitted to being mad and obsessive. (Do you think I could paint that as inquisitive and methodical?) And I've cancelled Christmas in favour of pagan festivals (solves so many family politic problems) since I wandered into Limbo so I don't have that landmark either...

wanders off into oblivion...

Cranmer's baggage

Ship's Opinionated Dame
# 1662

- Posted      Profile for Cranmer's baggage   Email Cranmer's baggage   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Avalon,

Hope you haven't wandered so far into oblivion that you don't see this. I just tried to reply to your PM (okay, it's taken a while, for which I apologise), and find that you've gone ex-communicado. If you're happy to continue the conversation, please get in touch.

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 1537 | From: the apple isle | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Rob
Shipmate
# 5823

- Posted      Profile for Mr. Rob         Edit/delete post 
Yes, many thanks for those readings from the Ship's log. [Smile]
Posts: 862 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
How the transformation from Small Fire and MW to Ecclesiantics was announced. Which is an interesting read in itself.

Yes, I remember. We had a special requiem for MW, as I recall, eventually settling upon black chasubles in the gothic cut, but with birette allowed. Not sure what setting we plumped for.

This was followed by a short-lived and unhappy attempt to resurrect the GIN thread on the new board, although it has since found a new home on Via Media.

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:

Well, I cruised in and was intrigued by this but am currently getting a "you've requested a thread that does not exist" message... hmmm...

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm wistful for the return of the Nativity Play. I'd love to see it become an annual event.

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I re-read the entire Nativity Play about six weeks ago. It really was fun!
Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
Well, I cruised in and was intrigued by this but am currently getting a "you've requested a thread that does not exist" message... hmmm...

Apparently some of the threads intended for Oblivion instead went into. . .um. . .oblivion.

b.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arleigh
Shipmate
# 5332

- Posted      Profile for Arleigh   Email Arleigh   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by jlg:
I re-read the entire Nativity Play about six weeks ago. It really was fun!

Me, too. Strange to think we were there together ...

Reading the Nativity Play [Killing me] for the first time (Christmas 2003) and subsequently crossing to the Miss Molly thread Fields of Gold [Tear] made me realize how special this community is.

♥Arleigh

Posts: 388 | From: Brisbane | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think when the merger of MW and Small Fire was announced, I suggested a new name of 'Let's Talk Tat'n'Tealights'. [Razz]

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heh. I was just thinking the other day about starting a thread called "Nativity Play Reunion Call."

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Heh. I was just thinking the other day about starting a thread called "Nativity Play Reunion Call."

OMG! Would you??? [Yipee]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

um.... where would I find the Nativity Play, if I was wishing to read it...?

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Click here to read the Nativity Play.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Seriously does look wonderful. The ship should do it again.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am particularly impressed so far with the performance of Sheep3!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And I am absolutely positive that Steve Tomkins should feel guilty for making me laugh out loud so often (at work). And I was holding it in whenever I could, too!

[ 27. October 2006, 21:25: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stoo

Mighty Pirate
# 254

- Posted      Profile for Stoo   Email Stoo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scot:

Er... can I register a complaint that Herod doesn't feature in the distinguished cast list?

Quite possibly, it's because he wasn't that distinguished, but any way...

(Yes... I have only just noticed)

--------------------
This space left blank

Posts: 5266 | From: the director of "Bikini Traffic School" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

quote:
Originally posted by Chelley:
I am particularly impressed so far with the performance of Sheep3!

Sheep3 gazes adoringly at Chelley

Baaaa.

Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
quote:

Er... can I register a complaint that Herod doesn't feature in the distinguished cast list?

Well you certainly threw yourself into the spirit of the part I seem to remember. [Big Grin]

While four years down the line I think I've got over the trauma of being called...what it was you called me one scene. I was only trying to keep you on the straight and narrow. (To those not in the know - Herod had problems holding his drink.) [Biased]

And if we're in the business of laying claim to the title of Most Humble Cast Member could I give a big hand to Chris T - musical director who was the one who really kept the show on the road!

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed being Chief Comic Shepherd in the nativity play. I think I was channelling ShadoK, though. All that talk about beer!

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stoo:
quote:

You've been busy [Big Grin]

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016