homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » New ship and new boards... please support us! (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Source: (consider it) Thread: New ship and new boards... please support us!
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a proposed boarding process for the New Ship.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So long as we can watch you and all the other hosts going first.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] [Projectile]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I have a proposed boarding process for the New Ship.

I am so NOT wearing a bikini -- and you can thank me for that!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm wondering whether the new ship will be designed for speed?

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
I'm curious if Dead Horses board will continue and if it's expected that all the topics will continue to canter on toward eternity.

There will be a Dead Horses board on the New Ship. The same rules and topics will apply. But we’re not copying any threads across, so you lucky lot get to start all the arguments over from scratch!

I pity the Hosts. We’ll have to double their grog allowance for the first few months...

Will all those threads go into Limbo/Oblivion, and will those make it across? There’s a bunch of good stuff on those boards, and it’d be nice to still be able to access it (especially with a hopefully more user friendly search function!)

[ 21. January 2018, 09:12: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We can't transfer any threads over to the new boards, but we will be retaining these boards as a read-only archive.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
We can't transfer any threads over to the new boards, but we will be retaining these boards as a read-only archive.

Will you be retaining all the current threads?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I so wanted that to end in "... but there will be a prize for any that are shown"

Showing my age there.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That's one you made earlier.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Please don't tell us that the new ship is made of loo rolls and sticky backed plastic....

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
quote:

Please don't tell us that the new ship is made of loo rolls and sticky backed plastic....
That is the old Ship. I'm sure the New Ship is of much sturdier materials.

Cardboard and duct tape, at least.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:
quote:

That is the old Ship. I'm sure the New Ship is of much sturdier materials.

Cardboard and duct tape, at least.

No, that's the repair kit. The new ship consists of hope and promises.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
quote:

I so wanted that to end in "... but there will be a prize for any that are shown"

Showing my age there.

Vision On!

Tony Hart, Morph et al

"They don't make 'em like that any more!"

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
The new ship consists of hope and promises.

"if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:25

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar the Grouch:
Vision On!

Maximum nostalgia

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will there be a big splash in the Media as she’s launched?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Will there be a big splash in the Media as she’s launched?

Without knowing what mischievous plots the Captain may have unfurling, I suppose it depends on what sort of splash we have.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
we will be retaining these boards as a read-only archive.

That's going to be very useful.

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Ah, that’s good, I’m glad they won’t entirely disappear! There’s a lot of good stuff on here... and if they’re here they’ll still look the same too, which is nice for the nostalgia.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Arg. One thing I really dislike about the internet is the everlastingness of it all. The nostalgia part only serves to make me really sad, and the, "Remember when we got drunk (or angry or mistaken) and made fools of ourselves?" part makes me long for the fading memory of real life.

I know that's not the majority view though. I'm resigned.

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anyone else starting to feel like we're being trolled?

It seems like there's a race on as to which will arrive first: the new ship or the great prophet Zarquon.

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

Would we troll you?

No, wait. Don't answer that. We totally would.

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:
Vision On!

Maximum nostalgia
Too much! Nostalgia overload....

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Vision On!

Tony Hart, Morph et al

"They don't make 'em like that any more!"

I loved that show!

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

It's almost the end of January, and...

Well, actually, I don't have anything official to report. I can say that the new discussion boards are looking close to ready, but don't have any information about the ultimate state of the whole Ship. We're hoping to get a refreshed ETA soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:
I can say that the new discussion boards are looking close to ready

Though, some of the gif's are a bit wobbly.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Please keep the gifs away from the GIN.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
quote:

Please keep the gifs away from the GIN.
I was about to suggest gin was why the gifs were wobbly, but not because the gifs were drinking it...

[ 30. January 2018, 16:20: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

quote:
It's almost the end of January, and...

Well, actually, I don't have anything official to report. I can say that the new discussion boards are looking close to ready, but don't have any information about the ultimate state of the whole Ship. We're hoping to get a refreshed ETA soon.

Thank you for your patience.

[Shrugs shoulders, mutters "Meh" under breath and orders another cocktail to while away the time. Starts yet another game of Sudoku on mobile phone]

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

And here I assumed that the wobbles were more of my usual hallucinations. Not sure if that's reassuring or a terrifying harbinger of my demons manifesting in our shared reality.

[ 30. January 2018, 18:22: Message edited by: RooK ]

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
February is the new January. Simples.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

quote:

Ah! But what if March is the new February?

--------------------

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I tend to assume all real life building/renovation projects will take longer than proposed and assumed the same for the new ship. At least the powers that be don't seem to be having a vote for the new ship's name, or we might find ourselves sailing on the Shippy McFool's Face or similar.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:

Ah! But what if March is the new February?
My heart will go on.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

quote:
Originally posted by Mili:
At least the powers that be don't seem to be having a vote for the new ship's name, or we might find ourselves sailing on the Shippy McFool's Face or similar.

Now there's an idea.... Just as well I'm not still hosting the Circus or it would become a reality.
[Ultra confused]

(crikey, I had forgotten those smilies were there, after all this time)

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On the software I work on, the month of shippinga new version is always incredibly long, sometimes up to 6 weeks, and with a name like "Octnovember". But we always hit the deadline, however we have to name it.

So I am sure the new ship will sail in Decembruary as we have been promised.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
My heart will go on.

Worst. Earworm. Ever. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a small world after all...

You're welcome.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
People have been banned for less.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I tend to assume all real life building/renovation projects will take longer than proposed and assumed the same for the new ship. At least the powers that be don't seem to be having a vote for the new ship's name, or we might find ourselves sailing on the Shippy McFool's Face or similar.

About that... Perhaps Andrew Constance could be enlisted as a particularly capricious admin...?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:

About that... Perhaps Andrew Constance could be enlisted as a particularly capricious admin...?
RooK would squash Liar McLiarface like a bug. What a twerp. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It struck me that Freedom and SOng might not appreciate being on a vanilla board.....

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That Andrew Constance story is unexpected. What on earth was he thinking? I feel a bit sorry for Ian Kiernan that he never got a ferry named after him after all. I'm not sure how many kids these days know who May Gibbs is or are even familiar with the Gumnut Babies.
Posts: 1015 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi all… this is just to say that we’re now almost complete on building the new Ship. We’ve been working throughout January on the new discussion boards and on the Mystery Worshipper, and both those areas are now a few working days away from completion.

We’re still sorting out the best dates to welcome people onboard, but what I can say is that we’ll be opening the new boards inside this coming month (i.e. February), and that I’ll let you know an exact opening date in the next few days. We’ll be running the new boards and the old boards in parallel for a while, to give everyone here time to register, get familiar with the new setup, and post any problems or questions either here in the Styx, or there in the new Styx.

There will be an end-point for running the old and new boards in parallel, when we’ll close these boards and archive them for read-only. It’ll be a big moment, and we’ll post the closing date well in advance.

This is a really exciting moment for the Ship, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you to the new home for this community. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the New Ship Fund, and to all those who contribute month by month to the running of the Ship. Together, your generosity has made all this possible.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm dusting off the virtual tuxedo ready for the maiden voyage party (which was preemptively last Saturday).

As you can tell, I cannot wait. [Yipee]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Is it true that an orchestra has been hired and even now is practising playing "Nearer my God to Thee"?

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waiting nervously for the launching...

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Is it true that an orchestra has been hired and even now is practising playing "Nearer my God to Thee"?

Surely it's "Rocked in the cradle of the deep?"

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

How about Submarine, a severely neglected late Genesis B-side instrumental?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016