homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 56)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] The Beakys

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure if this is the right spot for this... Just back from the dermatologist who reassured me that the latest scare was not serious. He looked over the notes that the hospital sends him and said, "Surgery - good; radiotherapy - good; Interferon treatment - good", and then he added, "And lots of prayer - yes, plenty of prayer". I'm not used to that kind of doctor, but he is right: let there be plenty of prayer for cancer patients and their friends. And not just cancer patients.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes indeed! [Yipee] [Yipee]

Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

That's brilliant news, Stercus Tauri! [Yipee]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hoping I get the same result as Miss Amanda did for the biopsy taken yesterday.

No changes to clothing needed though as it's just below the backstrap of my bra and it's too cold to go topless here [Razz] (besides I wouldn't want to scare the populace).

Also I would appreciate prayers for my oldest brother G who is having a neuro-psych assessment of needs on Monday. I am really concerned about him as he has very little by way of social support, is living in an unsuitable house and is depressed and learning disabled, (though possibly high functioning enough to fall through the cracks). I was at a preliminary assessment last week (at the request of the assessor) and it was one of the bleakest experiences in my life.

Huia.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

For Huia, and for her brother, that he doesn't fall through dehumanising bureaucratic cracks,

for all are awaiting medical test results

and for more medical professionals to be like Stercus Tauri's doctor

for the protection of this planet and all God's creatures on it, and for us, God's human creatures to stop using each other as things to be socially, economically, and psychologically exploited and scapegoated.

Kyrie eleison! You are the Lord, Giver of mercy! Our Mother, our Father, may your reign be realized among us.

--------------------
God = love.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, indeed.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions here.

[Votive]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers today please having some what could be unpleasant medical tests. Pray that tests go with ease and outcome is good. Thank you.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

Prayers for you, Graven Image, that your tests not be unpleasant and that the results are good [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me and a situation at work. Some shit is going to hit a fan, and I'm shaking.
Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Earwig [Votive]
Hope all is OK.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, tests went fast with ease. The little happy pill helped. Results in 10 days, but I feel good about the results.

Prayers for needs above. [Votive] May the Spirit help and comfort all.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the relations between my daughter and myself. Things aren't too happy at the moment. And as always my brother's job hunting efforts.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, general upholding, and private intentions. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the Shrews. I raised a concern with the Patient Advice service at the hospital treating Grandpa Shrew(specifically stating that it was about systemic issues, that the nurses were great but prevented from caring by systems). Sincethis, the nurses have ignored him and Grandma Shrew.

Grandma Shrew has asked me to withdraw the complaint. I have no idea what to do with a system this utterly astoundingly broken.

Grandma Shrew is hurting, Grandpa Shrew is desperately ill still, we just need help.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Deliberate neglect would be a safeguarding concern - I.e involving social services, alternatively you could contact the CQC (but you would need to discuss with grandma).

[ 10. August 2013, 10:14: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

Prayers for Nicolemer and her daughter that all may be mended. Prayers for her brother that he may find gainful employment that gives him joy.

For Golden Key, That the Holy Spirit would tend to all needs, and a feeling of peace surround Golden Key.

For the Shews family, that care problems will be ironed smooth and that all needs will be met.

[Votive]

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray that when the doctors look at my brother to see if the cancer has gotten worse, it will still not be that bad *lymphoma*. He got his bike season out of his system and soon they will test him and if it is bad enough, he'll have treatment. My mother is freaking out majorly, please pray for her too.

Please also pray for my plantar fasciitis on my right foot. After buying a new pair of sneakers and wearing them all day, plus walking a bit, my heel is in major pain. I have it on ice right now. Thanks!

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

For all intentions.

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy.

[Votive]

Thanks for a lovely day with + Richborough et alia in St Albans today.

[Votive]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my cousin's continued sobriety.
For all who ask our prayers.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

For all intentions.

[Votive]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Tomorrow I have to go to hospital, just a day, and then next Monday for longer. I had a motorbike that hitted me a few years ago, going the wrong way down the road, and my bones were bruised and my stomach and my back were ripped. Still got problems about that and the hospital says it needs to be fixed. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

For daisymay, for the resolution of all ongoing medical problems

for Grammatica, for Grammatica's cousin's continued sobriety,

for duchess for relief of pain, her mother, and her brother her brother that his exam results will be good,

for the Shrew family, especially Grandpa and Grandma Shrew,

for Golden Key,

for Nicolemr, her daughter, and her brother,

for Graven Image, thanks for ease of testing, and may the results be good

for Earwig and work situation

Praying for each person here and each person named here by name and need

1. In the last few weeks things have gotten worrisomely tight for me financially , from the fallout cost of my recent trip to New York, and due to to a $400+ (US) medical bill that neither Medicare or my back-up insurance wants to pay. I'm behind in my rent (my landlord is a wonderfully patient man but I don't want to stretch his patience) My skills at plowing through bureaucratic thickets concerning bills are low (but that's a poor excuse -- no one likes having to slog thru this kind of stuff). But may things fall into place and may I get my act sufficiently together to clear this and related money issues. (And -- going on 3 years -- in the public transportation-poor area where I live having a car would be such a big help. How long O Lord!)
2. Re Medically i still feel wonderful, but all treatments for both my cancers is on hold -- in one way thet's good -- i don't have to make as frequent trips to the doctors. But i sometimes worry if some sort of medical actions shouldn't be happening? That's another area in which my act needs to get together -- i need to ask some questions, and i've been given the names of 2 specialists for a 2nd opinion -- and i've not taken action. I've been feeling good, having a beautiful summer and don't want to deal with non-fun things.
3. Also a skinny mother cat and her skinny offspring have been camping out on my porch and yard and I've been feeding them for which they greatly show appreciation -- they obviously don't have an easy life. But it creates problems for Pulsar my mostly indoor cat but who likes to have her daily stroll through the grass -- but her growling as she looks out the window tell me that's not happening now.

--------------------
God = love.

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
really struggling with both pysial and emotional loneliness...

and pushnikng 43 and virginal ends up with massive hunger an stircraziness...

In short.. I want a passionate sex life. almost like a need kicking in...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all of you, in all that you are facing

Thank you for your prayers our situation is on the way to being resolved.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excellent news, Mrs Beaky. Keep going!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers appreciated for a difficult meeting tomorrow, and for the ongoing situation of which it is part. As an Aspie I feel I'm an easy target for bullying, and tomorrow I'm in the gunsights of a bully I have annoyed. I feel sick at the thought of it, and sad that this is happening in a context where one should feel safe.
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It has been announced at work that there are going to be redundancies, there will be a consultation meeting tomorrow. I've been there twice before in other jobs and I cannot go through this again, I like this job and thought I was settled there. Please pray for me.

(I know this seems selfish, if I'm praying its not me that's like praying that it will be someone else)

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] Alex Cokell

[Votive] Oferyas

[Votive] Kitten and Kitten's workmates

[Yipee] The Beakys

[ 12. August 2013, 21:16: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Life.

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

Prayers for all

[Votive]

And prayers requested for a really terrible situation, as I try to make a choice between two evils; both equally bad. [Help]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016