homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 30)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need of prayer tonight.

and for our friend and drummer Simon, being confirmed this evening [Yipee]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers needed please - I am in the Ministry Review process and am finding it all very stressful. To the point where I am mainlining chocolate which is no good for my waistline or my self-esteem.

I would like peace over it all if possible. Enjoyment would be a miracle...

Thank you.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for the worried, the wordless...

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

And this evening, my computer has just started in Facebook and Safari. So thank you, Lord, and also please keep it fine ! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For daisymay’s computer, for healing.

For peace and enjoyment for St Everild.

For The Intrepid Mrs S’ Simon.

For Mad Cat’s Michael to be comforted in his loss. For success with her class.

For Ken.

For jedijudy, for healing and immediate pain relief.

For R, for healing.

For comet.

For PeteC, his niece, and his friend, for healing.

For Miss M, for healing.

For Jenn., for healing and spare time.

For immediate healing for our Ken.

For Alba Mother.

For Piglet’s J.

For a smooth ballet of efficiency.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Ken
[Votive] Jedi judy
[Votive] comet

[Votive] for all those in pain and need [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all in pain of any kind.
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing to request prayer. I am getting worse and may be back in hospital.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those in need of healing.

WW, glad to hear that R. seems to be heading the right way.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As it's Christian Aid week, this prayer from their prayer cards seems appropriate.

Jesus, Prince of Peace, we pray for the peace that brings freedom out of fear, hope out of grief and dignity out of violation.

Lead our brothers and sisters out of the valley of the shadow of death to a place of still waters, green pastures and restoration.

And give us a fire to work tirelessly for your justice, so that we may all share in your fullness of life. Amen [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Niteowl

Yesterday as I was meandering home from church I saw a crowd outside the local Anglican church hall. It was the First Communion service for the local Catholic Church*, the Parish church for the school where I volunteer. I said a quick prayer for the children, [Angel] and their futures. It's amazing how well they polish up for special occasions.

* The Catholics are using the Anglican hall while the insurance is sorted on their own church - a not unusual arrangement here over the last 3 years.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

Peace and rest for those needing a break.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

They have got R walking twice a day, with assistance - yesterday he did 10 metres both morning and afternoon. Possible discharge date of tomorrow, though I think that might be a day or two too soon, but at least they seem happier with him now. Please continue with the prayers as I think he has a long row to hoe to get back to some degree of real fitness.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially my friend J., and for continued improvement for R.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through........
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a hospital appointment tomorrow (not for anything scary), and I am a bit worried about being fobbed off again. I have previously been denied treatment because of a stupid policy of an individual clinic, which says that breastfeeding is a contraindication for the treatment (it isn't at all, and if I'm fobbed off then there will be a strongly worded letter heading to the clinical director of the Health Board). I would really appreciate prayers that I can have the treatment soon, as I am sick and tired of pain and restricted movement, both of which are totally unnecessary. Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One word (or rather, acronym) .....

OFSTED

Frustratingly it's come at a time when I am already feeling a bit run down emotionally and physically, but happily it will soon be over and we will be able to relax. I ask your prayers for strength and calm and the ability to show the inspectors what we're really made of.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for R, and for WW.

[Votive] [Votive]

[ 13. May 2014, 20:52: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for healing
[Votive] for strength in the face of adversity and OFSTED.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ken, jedijudy, comet, Niteowl, R., piglet’s J., healing for Jack the Lass, Smudgie.

Big contest tomorrow.

The Telemum is worried about something and I think I caused it. I would like to be able to remove any cause for her to worry about something that she shouldn’t have to still be worrying about at this point.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
K, my niece, still in hospital with pneumonie and a collapsed lung had three more lung pigtail catheters put in today.

She swears on a stack of Bibles that this time she will give up smoking. Hope springs eternal.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially J., JtL, Smudgie, Telepath, Ken, R. and Pete's niece.

BTW, Pete, has she tried nicotine patches? They worked for me.

Just my £0.02.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

R will be discharged this evening and then will come and stay with us for a few days before going to his own home less than 100 yards away. We are more geared for convalescence than his own place. I still think it is a bit soon but then hospitals are full of sick people so...

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

I hurt my back in a self-inflicted gardening incident. It's taking much, much longer to heal than I thought, mainly because I keep doing silly things like standing up and going to bed, which keep aggravating it again. On Thursday, I have to drive for three hours to get to Devon, then drive back again on Sunday. Normally, I'd be looking forward to it, but I'm afraid that all the driving, plus sleeping in a strange bed, will aggravate my back again. It's been dragging on for over a month now and I'm so tired of being in pain - it makes everything so much harder. Your prayers would be appreciated.

--------------------

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

Prayers for all those with hospital and doctor things again. My friend T is coming to stay for a few days around a hospital checkup to make sure her re-positioned jaw is doing the right things. Hopefully the bone should be all nicely knit by now.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

The situation at work, where I am piggy in the middle between two other staff members looks to explode (again) in the near future. Prayers that a resolution can be reached,

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

Thank you for prayers - the doctor thankfully gave me the injection I needed, and I have an open appointment in case I need another one within the next 6 months. After that they don't do any more so if the condition recurs after 2 injections they have to consider surgery. So I am hoping that this will do the trick.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who suffer at work, especially those inflicted with OFSTED

[Votive] for all the needs expressed here.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For J., Smudgie, Ken, R. and Pete's niece.

Starbug, To The Pain, Gussie, Jack the Lass.

I won the contest! This opens up hope for me about something else in a chain of dreamed-of events... But, in any case, I am very lucky.

For me to deliver my project in plenty of time.

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congrats, Telepath!!!

--------------------
Pondering.

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am heading back to hospital yet again. Continued prayers coveted.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially R., J. who has surgery tomorrow, Starbug, TTP's T., Gussie's work situation and Niteowl.

And congratulations Telepath! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Congratulations indeed, Telepath!

[Yipee]

[Votive]

R returned last night c/w Himself and Herself - all very glad to spend a quiet night not in a hospital. R has very impressive dressings on his chest but was looking fairly cheerful.

Still a long way to go, of course, so continued upholding appreciated.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Congratulations, Telepath! [Smile]

Lord, in Your mercy. hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------

EloiseA
Shipmate
# 18029

- Posted      Profile for EloiseA   Email EloiseA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” Flannery O'Connnor

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Silver Swan
Apprentice
# 17957

- Posted      Profile for Silver Swan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I asked for prayer on here a month or more ago as tensions have been building up locally over a proposed gas mine. 800 police were already on their way here this week for a confrontation next Monday morning with 10,000 people expected to be blockading the site, but an announcement was made today that the gas company's licence has been suspended. Hooray and Hallelujah! It is an enormous relief.
Meanwhile a tremendous sense of community has developed at the blockade. Google Bentley blockade for videos.
I pray that people will rise up successfully against fracking and other pollution wherever it occurs.

--------------------
Christ Jesus came to be Immanuel, not a manual.

Posts: 33 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's 2am and I'm wideawake. Really need to sleep.
I'm totally losing it - prayers appreciated.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my colleague A, with whom I had a discussion today that got heated.

Later, I went along to her room to collect her for our shared lift home, and began to try to apologise. However, she refused to listen and walked away from me, saying she felt very uncomfortable and didn't want to talk about it. She went round to C, her regent (training mentor) in floods of tears, saying I tried to stop her leaving the room.

What a storm in a teacup, but we need wisdom and good humour and good sense, things that are sometimes in short supply.

Lord, hear our prayer [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016