homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 73)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here.

Thanks for your prayers for my sister-in-law. whose very moving funeral was on Saturday. We stayed on for a few days to support my brother J. He's managing well in the circumstances but feels very fragile and continuing in need of prayer.

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for Polly , for J [Votive]
for her poor brother [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
on the one hand - self doubt
on the other, the universe that looks through your eyes - your eyes

Posts: 364 | From: Rubovia | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

- Posted      Profile for fullgospel   Author's homepage   Email fullgospel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ChastMastr, Amos' Tom, saysay, Rossweisse, Robert Armin, Golden Key, Starbug, Joyful Noise, Nenya.

Telepath's 'One paper still to get accepted, one PhD proposal to sell.'

For the Telemum.

For the F. family.

[Votive]
#

And alll others here name and unnamed [Votive]

--------------------

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On getting the same message from a third source in as many weeks, I think I know what God wants me to do. It is good and necessary and I have been avoiding it for the last 6 months. [Help]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I had an email from my niece which has upset me. My sister has passed on everything I said to her, as though I was criticising my niece, so she is now hurt by me. In all the family troubles, I have always worked hard to keep the next generation out of the mess, so this is a clever move by my sister. She has hurt me so many times now that it's hard for her to affect me any longer, but if my nephew and niece turn against me that is heart breaking.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

for Robert Amin and his niece and nephew [Votive]

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

My Warcraft friend's father has passed. Please lift them all up.

[Votive]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Preparing PhD proposal to send to boss...

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Yay, Telepath!)

I'd like to ask prayer for a few people:

J's daughter, who is fighting a very high fever;
K, whose husband recently died. They have a couple of kids;
L, whose mother is dying (and their whole family);
and M, who has a lot going on, including death and illness around her.

And anyone else I've/we've promised to pray for but have forgotten.

And all those who have no one to pray for them.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

[eta: I didn't even notice till I posted this that I've asked for prayer for J, K, L, and M, in that order... those are the initials of all their first names, and they are all women, if that helps you in your prayers for them.]

[ 09. December 2014, 23:13: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

JoannaP [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Okay, PhD proposal sent to boss. [Help] [Projectile]

Still waiting to hear about the Nightmare Paper from Hell. [brick wall]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive] for Golden Key

for all above [Votive]

for all intentions, fears, worries and hopes here ; and elsewher [Votive]

maranatha [Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for the apparently homeless elderly chap who got spoken to by the cops tonight, having locked himself into the local railway station waiting room overnight. It's bitterly cold outside. I'd seen him hanging around the station for a long time, but I always thought he was just lonely or bored. And now he's possibly homeless, too. Sadness.

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

I would appreciate your prayers for this afternoon, please. I have a meeting with my manager to discuss the issues that caused my stress and sick leave. My Union rep will be there, along with HR, but I'm very nervous.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For all dealing with storms, especially here in the San Francisco Bay area. They're actually closing the schools.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive] Starbug today's meeting.

[Votive] all named here and all intentions [Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For me, please, as I prepare to drive two-and-a-half hours each way for the funeral of my dear friend B's husband J, alluded to above in this thread. On a Friday. Probably in foul weather.

And for the mental health of my two passengers also.

And (of course) for B [Votive] [Votive]

The Apprehensive Mrs. S

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For The Intrepid Mrs S, her dear friend B, and for the repose of the soul of J. For the mental health of the two passengers.

For all those dealing with storms, especially in the San Francisco Bay area.

For Starbug’s meeting. Let justice be done.

For the guy known to Wesley J.

For Golden Key and for all his eloquently stated prayers to be answered.

For JoannaP.

For churchgeek’s J, for her daughter’s healing. For K and her children to be comforted in their loss. For upholding for L and her whole family, and for a safe journey home for L’s mother. For upholding for M, and for life and healing to be around her.

For ChastMastr’s Warcraft friend to be lifted up.

For Robert Armin and his niece and nephew.

For Amos’ Tom.

For saysay.

For Rossweisse.

For Joyful Noise.

For Nenya.

For Polly Plummer and her brother J.

For the City of New York.

For Silver Swan, for healing.

For the soul of Bene Gesserit’s K, and for comfort for K’s family.

For healing for daisymay’s friend.

For Lamb Chopped.

For strength for mark_in_manchester.

For healing and upholding for Welease Woderwick’s J.

For healing for North East Quine’s father.

For healing for Starbug’s J.

I would like, please, for my PhD proposal to lead directly to acceptance accompanied by the three-year contract that I need in order to be able to afford it.

For the Telemum.

For the repose of the soul of T, and for comfort for her daughter M. Lord, show us how to uphold M in particular, but also T’s husband D, and her other children G and J.

For a stable routine for me now please.

Also for the Nightmare Paper from Hell to be accepted. I especially don’t want it to land in my inbox on like Dec 23rd with the message from the one last holdout reviewer saying that mmmmmayyyyyybe if I do another six months of unpaid work on this on top of my full-time job, then mmmmmmayyyyyyybe it will allllllmost be adequate enough for him, or… maybe not, maybe it will need a few more revisions after that too, hmmm? Also it needs more thorough examination of the use of the word “kneecap” in the third draft of Anna Karenina, because he can’t see how any article about software-defined networking can reasonably gloss over that issue.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for everybody.

More car repairs today. [brick wall] Was able to get to and from my last final of the semester with the help of a kind fellow educator. [Overused] We are in bad financial straits--please please keep praying.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My students and I are scheduled to fly to a tournament tomorrow in pretty shitty weather. We have great pilots here, but I'm still nervous. Part of me really hopes the trip is cancelled, but the kids really need this tournament for standings.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, danger or necessity.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Car fixed and should be back tomorrow morning! Still financial bad straits but less than it first appeared.

A friend's partner was in a car accident (what is it about cars today?)--he is fine but the car is not, and it is needed for his new job!

--------------------

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Hugal, who is finding a toxic situation more difficult than usual at the moment, and currently can't get out of it. For extra strength and grace to cope with the bullies and not believe their lies.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

The meeting yesterday went quite well and my manager apologised for a few things, which I wasn't expecting. However, he believes my workload was reasonable and kept citing the fact that 'everyone's busy' as justification for overloading me. I'll be very interested to read the minutes when he circulates them.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

My daughter is married to a boy who has now his wife who has pain in her head. She before had pain in her legs and the hospital fixed that [Overused] and now the hospital is giving her things to eat to help. But she is very feeling pain. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive] pondering and praying for all above especially today and the 11th Dec

But also further back [Votive]

[Votive]

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continued prayers needed for Zeke's career. I know God is watching over us: I go to church twice a week, but she is still in trouble at school. I wish she could teach high school Honours English to students who wanted to be there instead of to little punks who do everything they can to make her miserable.

She also needs your prayers for a full recovery from an infection called "pink-eye".
[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For ChastMastr. For restoration of the friend’s car.

For travelling mercies for comet and her students.

For upholding for Hugal and for the bullies to repent. Peace be upon them.

For Starbug.

daisymay.

For Zeke to succeed in this situation. For healing also.

No actual answer about my PhD proposal yet, but good hints. It would be so wonderful to stay in this great lab, doing fun stuff.

For the Nightmare Paper from Hell to be accepted this time.

For M. and for the F. family. Show me what to do, Lord.

For the Telemum.

For bannination of the Finance Monster, who bit me today, but that’s okay because he could have mauled me.

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

Friend has gotten a loan to replace his car, which is sort of good but of course not good money-wise.

Hugs and love to all and prayers of course!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

thoughts, prayers and good Vibes for all writing here and 'mentioned' here and your intentions.

Also for Malcolm bereaved and his aunty M.

Also for Paco RIP and his husband.

And Paul so in danger in the hospital and awaiting and hoping for the heart donation he needs to survive.

For pope Francis in this newish post at such great age; and so buffetted from all sides [Votive]

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

(I couldnt get votive to go by each name -sorry) [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For ChastMastr and his car-replacing friend to get on top of their respective finances.

For fullgospel's Malcolm and his aunty M, for Paco RIP and his husband, and for healing for Paul.

For pope Francis.

For M. and for D., G., and J. in the loss of T. Show us how to support them, Lord.

For bannination of the Finance Monster.

I was braced for a big critique of my PhD proposal from Boss. Instead he replied with a link to a possible funding source. So all (all?) I have to do is scrape up enough money within the next couple months (de jure deadline is June, de facto deadline is Jan, but obviously we won't meet that) to pay my salary plus discounted staff fees for the next three years, and we're laughing.

Also could the Nightmare Paper from Hell please please be accepted this time.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

fullgospel
Shipmate
# 18233

[Votive] for your intentions [Votive]

--------------------

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name. (I admit to some extra prayers for Lamb Chopped and Telepath.)

I started treatments this last week: The first infusion ("bone builders" = something that feels a lot like flu) and radiation. I am very blessed to have so many caring people in charge of my treatments.

And since heavy-duty radiation is the biggest part of my treatment this time, I give thanks especially for the wonderful new radiation oncologist (a friend of my boss's sister, actually) instead of the not-so-wonderful old radiation oncologist who looked and acted very much like my ex-husband.

I can do this.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Go for it, Ross! We are all here sending out the prayers and support.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, WW! Support going out to all here in turn.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

What WW said, Ross - we're right behind you!

[Votive] for you and for all in need.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016