homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 36)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of R, aged 6. For her family and friends.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend's son, in his early twenties, has been taken seriously ill in Vietnam and has been in hospital for over a fortnight now. I am not 100% certain of what is wrong with him but I know that he is on IV antibiotics and his platelet count is low. They are trying to fly him home. Yesterday he was given the go-ahead by the hospital, today he was given the go-ahead by the insurance, a flight was booked for Tuesday and now the hospital have had a final set of blood tests done and declared he is not fit to fly after all. My friend, a single mum, is desperate to have him home. Please pray for T and all of his family, especially his mum C.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for all
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In just two months my elderly mother has gone from being her old self to someone increasingly confused and in need of care. Tomorrow I will travel down to see her and try to invoke Social Services. She has always firmly rejected this before, but if you can't remember how to get in your own front door, you need help.

She also has a long-lasting pain she only just told me about, for which she's being referred to the hospital for examination. It may be that she needs an operation on her pancreas.

There are good days and not so good days, but the speed of this has taken me by surprise. In Aprill, two months ago, we were chatting about holiday plans for her 80th birthday in August. She was lively and animated. The way things are now I don't know whether she will be spending her birthday in a care home or in hospital and whether she will even know it's her birthday.

I know this is just how things are at the moment and that they won't stay this way for ever. Time will resolve it and it's just a question of both of us getting through it. You can't turn the clock back - but I wish it was possible to do something to reverse all this.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ariel and her mother, for healing if at all possible.

For the repose of the soul of Japes' R.

For Luvanddaisies, for good employment that does work out.

For Smudgie's T and C, for healing.

For R., who needs a carer and who may be being exploited by the person who has power of attorney over him.

For B., for healing.

For R.

For the Telemum.

For a smooth ballet of efficiency.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.

Hope you can get things sorted with your mother Ariel.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Ariel's mum. It might be a urinary infection as they can cause confusion. May God lead you to the right people so that she will be comfortable soon.

[Votive] For all above.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Ariel and her mum

[Votive] for all in need

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

((Ariel & mum))

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Smudgie's T. and C., Ariel and her mum and for the repose of the soul of Japes's R.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last minute request: I have another doctor's appointment in just over half an hour. Prayers that I can get some sort of answer/help/explanation for the problems I'm having would be appreciated. Thank you

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ariel and her mother.

For Smudgie’s T and C.

For the repose of the soul of Japes’s R.

For healing and good answers for Abigail.

For a smooth ballet of efficiency, and success of my project at work. For a particular important meeting tomorrow to resolve and lock down all the things, and for other stuff to lock neatly into place.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

R is back in hospital and not at all well - prayers and upholding gratefully received.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just heard from my friend apostate630, who I have referred to as S in the past here, that his lymphoma is a chronic form that isn't fatal and can be treated with drugs and managed. Thanks to all who prayed.

Prayers for all here esp. Ariel and her mother.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
After a recent intruder and robbery (whilst I was in the house....gulp!)our diocesan colleagues felt they could no longer guarantee our safety in our current abode so today we move to a new (somewhat less well appointed...)house. We have also just heard that my husband's mother has died so we will be returning to the UK briefly to attend her funeral. A lot of change and stress.
We'd value your prayers.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you everybody. I visited my mother yesterday and found her lucid and altogether less confused, although the signs of dementia are beginning to become clearer. She's finally agreed to have domestic help in and I immediately arranged for someone to pop in for half an hour twice a week and do whatever's necessary. She now knows if she's ill there will be someone local to help and it will get her used to the idea of carers although I'm referring to this as "domestic help".

I had a chat with her doctor and felt reassured. She's still on the waiting list for a formal diagnosis, after which social services should be able to take over the care arrangements. This should happen in the autumn. Meanwhile a neighbour who is actually a carer has been given a spare set of keys, and my mother knows she can go to her if she gets stuck. The confused periods are her being stressed out, I think (part of this new world that I'm trying to get used to).

I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel - though there may well be twists and turns before we get there yet - so thank you all for your support and prayers.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

MrsBeaky, my condolences for your loss, I hope and pray the arrangements go as smoothly as they can.
Ariel, that does sound more positive, it is good to know she is getting the support and care she needs and that she is accepting it, it must be a relief to you too, during this stressful time.
[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all,

with a [Angel] that Ariel's mum is accepting help at last.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayer [Votive]
My best friend J, having a biopsy today.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all...

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Needing wisdom in a major way. I have two possible job offers, just when I'd pretty much made up my mind to retrain for another field--and both offers have significant downsides. Please, God, what should I be doing?????

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Ariel (good to hear things are becoming manageable), WW's R., Nicolemr's S and the soul of Mr. Beaky's mum - may she rest in peace and rise in glory.

May I ask for your prayers for my dad, who's in hospital after a fall? Nothing life-threatening as far as I know, but he is 89, and these things hit harder when you're that age.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for T, a sick little girl, that she will now start to get better.

[Votive] for all above.

Lord, we ask for your presence to be made known. Amen.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ariel and her mother.

For LambChopped, for wisdom.

For MrsBeaky to be and feel safe and comfortable and to be comforted in the loss of MrBeaky.

For Nicolemr's apostate630, in thanks and hope for rapid healing.

For Pearl's J, for healing.

For piglet's dad, for healing.

For RaptorEye's T, for healing.

For Welease Woderwick's R, for healing.

For reconciliation for R, and resolution of business woes.

For the safe return of S. For healing for another S.

For healing for B.

For healing and safety for R.

For the F family.

For T and his daughter.

For the Telemum.

For a smooth ballet of efficiency and success for my project at work.

A colleague, today, who is reasonably in a position to know, suggested I simply ask my boss for a three-year contract so I can do a PhD without paying for it. As if this is a thing people (I) can get just by asking. So, if my project goes great, and if the sky were to hypothetically start raining three-year contracts... I might be able to switch the focus of my anxiety from job hunting to PhD angst.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer appreciated for my brother who has suddenly developed disturbing symptoms of a detaching retina in the last 36 hours. Visit to GP who sent him straight for emergency visit to eye specials. Told all seemed well but needed watching. Visit last night to ER at Eye Hospital in Sydney who said the same things.

As hours pass, the possibility of a detached retina recedes but pray appreciated.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My best friend from secondary school died. We did everything together. I only saw her 2 weeks ago. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.
Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grateful for your prayers and remembering you all in mine.
Telepath, your PM box is full so I can't reply to your kind message but thank you!

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sophs, so sorry to hear about your friend. One of my best friends from school died a few years ago, and although we hadn't seen each other for a very long time, it shook me up more than I expected - she was only 45.

May they both rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016